|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Ali Akbar Hussein Obama's the debil and John Wayne Boehner's (alias "The Tan Boner") the angel.
While I obviously disagree. That was a good one.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"6-7 million people in this country that make over 250K per year. These men and women are the backbone of our economy and you and other liberals are willing to crush most of them under an unsustainable tax burden in order to get to the tiny percentage of those making more money than they have sense"
Would you place your self in the category above?
Me, no. The government, maybe. I will have to see how it all shakes out for us in December.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, this Liberal hopes not ONE of a million things that effect the price of doing business INCREASES for your business,
You just might have to close your imaginary doors.
I sure hope you do not throw that tenant out who contributes nothing to society,($600.00 a month for rent, excluded) to make a political statement.
The Loss of income forcing you to seek pubic assistance for food just like those that you think that are so far below you.
BTW- Interest rates for worthy creditors is extremely low, the Stock market is paying dividends and maintaining a steady increase........
WOW----The answer to your problems,
Get a loan at less than 4% to floor plan your (wink) business then invest your money in the stock market.
And do not even get me started on bonds..........
LMAO
I'm not going to throw the tenant out. It's one of the only avenues tax payers like myself have to get some of the money we pay in back. The problem is that it isn't near enough compared to what I pay in. I will never have to go on food stamps and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not, for the most part, self inflicted. That just rubs ideological liberals like yourself the wrong way because you like to pretend that ones bad circumstances can be blamed on the successful behavior of another thus the successful behavior needs to be penalized and given to the one in the bad circumstance. I certainly don't see it that way so you see me as greedy, though nothing could be farther from the truth.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Obama sold out.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> You need to stop trying to peddle your philosophy crap on here and start reading a Bible.
Which interpretation? Forget the Bible, concentrate on the word of Jesus, nothing else.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Interesting read for you Bible scholars...and perfectly normal and required for an adult male Jew.

This in no way discredits Jesus' stature or work, just brings into play the male dominated hierarchy within the early Church hellbent on excluding women from any meaningful place within their leadership.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo... .

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeo...

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
That would not be Barny's way of thinking.
Yeah, Barney would say, "Nip it in the bud."

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
How would your salary compare to that of a Wal-Mart worker or say even a Fed-Ex drivers?
Oh, so like your man you want everyone equal, uh? That's fine as long as everyone works the same number of hours. Is that going to happen?
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Guest wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, so like your man you want everyone equal, uh? That's fine as long as everyone works the same number of hours. Is that going to happen?
Every man is already equal, from there it becomes individual initiative that determines ones success or failure, but I don't think Topix time is considered work.
Billy Bob

Bentonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you saying? That I only see one side? I beg to differ. But then you don't know me well enough to know that I have applauded and condemned both sides where and when it was deserved. I have been called a liberal here on Topix. I have also been called a right-winger.
And yet when you don't agree with what i post you jump straight away to calling me a liberal.... That's hypercritical.
Guess Who

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not going to throw the tenant out. It's one of the only avenues tax payers like myself have to get some of the money we pay in back. The problem is that it isn't near enough compared to what I pay in. I will never have to go on food stamps and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not, for the most part, self inflicted. That just rubs ideological liberals like yourself the wrong way because you like to pretend that ones bad circumstances can be blamed on the successful behavior of another thus the successful behavior needs to be penalized and given to the one in the bad circumstance. I certainly don't see it that way so you see me as greedy, though nothing could be farther from the truth.
Most liberals and many other parasite takers mistakenly think their success or lack of it and their well being is entirely dependent on other people things or conditions. Thats why they dont approve of those who are self reliant & have Know How.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text> Most liberals and many other parasite takers mistakenly think their success or lack of it and their well being is entirely dependent on other people things or conditions. Thats why they dont approve of those who are self reliant & have Know How.
They fear those that are self reliant because they could never be that way. It's not in their makeup.

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Think I'll just sit in my trailer and watch football today.. Maybe drink a beer and see Michgan get its ass stomped.. Gonna enjoy that..

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>

They fear those that are self reliant because they could never be that way. It's not in their makeup.
Same person who said that says this;

"and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not"

You saying poor people are not below you, but yet you say self reliance, "It's not in their makeup"

In other words, those "circumstances" which are below you, are self inflicted, by those who are not below you.

Seems as though your opinion changes depending on whom you are talking to.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Guest wrote:
Think I'll just sit in my trailer and watch football today.. Maybe drink a beer and see Michgan get its ass stomped.. Gonna enjoy that..
Don't forget to walk the dogs'

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Danzig, while I agree with where you're coming from, it's a waste of your time expecting any converts among these cowboys. Hell they've still got cowshit on their Sunday boots.
Yeah, ignorant me, with my Masters Degree, will cling to my religion and my guns. And I have you know I have Sunday go to meetin cowboy boots.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Same person who said that says this;
"and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not"
You saying poor people are not below you, but yet you say self reliance, "It's not in their makeup"
In other words, those "circumstances" which are below you, are self inflicted, by those who are not below you.
Seems as though your opinion changes depending on whom you are talking to.
If your going to quote me at least do it in the context in which I posted. I said "I will never have to go on food stamps and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not, for the most part, self inflicted" meaning their circumstances are, by in large, a result of poor life choices by the individual and not some external factor. Even though you are a liberal, I expected you to be better than the gutter tactics that the sleeziest on the left use. I guess not.
People and circumstances are two completely different things. No one person is better than another but choices people make can cause them to end up in situations where life is much harder than those who have made responsible life choices. Those that made responsible life choices should always be willing to help someone who has not, climb out of the hole they are in if the person that made the bad choices is willing to make the tough decisions it will take to overcome their current situation. If the person who is in a bad situation isn't willing to do what it takes to overcome their poor decisions then they should be allowed to waller in their pitty but they deserve no help. Before you go popping off about "what about this" or "what about that", I realize there are those circumstances that are beyond ones control like losing ones house in a fire or a husband dying that was the sole bread winner in a family leaving the wife a widow. Those are the individuals that NEED help and should recieve all the assistance they NEED. Noone that goes through something like that should have to go it alone. To take it a step farther, I would venture to say that if we eliminated the waste and abuse in the social programs we would have more than enough to take care of those that NEED assisstance. As it stands now, we have people that need help that "don't qualify" while others that are just lazy qualifying for every single government program on earth.
Guess Who

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If your going to quote me at least do it in the context in which I posted. I said "I will never have to go on food stamps and I think no one is below me but I don't pretend that their circumstances are not, for the most part, self inflicted" meaning their circumstances are, by in large, a result of poor life choices by the individual and not some external factor. Even though you are a liberal, I expected you to be better than the gutter tactics that the sleeziest on the left use. I guess not.
People and circumstances are two completely different things. No one person is better than another but choices people make can cause them to end up in situations where life is much harder than those who have made responsible life choices. Those that made responsible life choices should always be willing to help someone who has not, climb out of the hole they are in if the person that made the bad choices is willing to make the tough decisions it will take to overcome their current situation. If the person who is in a bad situation isn't willing to do what it takes to overcome their poor decisions then they should be allowed to waller in their pitty but they deserve no help. Before you go popping off about "what about this" or "what about that", I realize there are those circumstances that are beyond ones control like losing ones house in a fire or a husband dying that was the sole bread winner in a family leaving the wife a widow. Those are the individuals that NEED help and should recieve all the assistance they NEED. Noone that goes through something like that should have to go it alone. To take it a step farther, I would venture to say that if we eliminated the waste and abuse in the social programs we would have more than enough to take care of those that NEED assisstance. As it stands now, we have people that need help that "don't qualify" while others that are just lazy qualifying for every single government program on earth.
almost every so called wealthy or richperson ive ever known is always looking for opportunities to give back. Believe it or not the harder a person works and the more they give back the luckier they become. Having stated that I believe that a life without problem,s or worry would not be worth living.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Guess Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Having stated that I believe that a life without problem,s or worry would not be worth living.
Exactly.

Change your name back, it was a good one.
Danzig

Brämhult, Sweden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Danzig, while I agree with where you're coming from, it's a waste of your time expecting any converts among these cowboys. Hell they've still got cowshit on their Sunday boots.
Haha, ok. Well, shitty boots are ok, but crap in the mind makes things bad for all of us. Pretty funny when you think of it though, didn't Jesus advocate open-mindedness? I seems that the bible is in conflict with that, but then again, Jesus didn't write the bible. Maybe it was written by people with a different agenda than the truth?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,941 - 18,960 of28,903
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hospital Tax 58 min North East Arkansas Lady 30
Kristy Davisand Kendal Davis 4 hr curious 11
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 5 hr haha 9,789
Public Elected Officials Information 5 hr Guest 21
bruce davis (Feb '10) 6 hr riverside 7
Funeral Home 7 hr Hokey Pokey 69
Boutique 10 hr Poky Gal 8
•••
•••