Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#19543 Dec 19, 2012
Guest wrote:
Well now maybe we can finally ban guns and have safe county!!!
Then we will have to bann tnt used in mining, fertilizer for lawn care, all airplanes, all cars and motorcycles, all knives and sharp objects, anything that could strangle someone, all hammers and other heavy blunt objects, and basically anything else that could and has killed someone. By your argument, these things should also go. Your going to have a hard time regulating the black market but good luck with that. Where does it stop when we start down that road.
Old Army

Conway, AR

#19544 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>good sir .. do not try to sound more incompetant than you already have.... i believe if you talk to any parent or grand parent or anyone with a child they would tell you the same thing ... now if gun men go elsewere where adults are present in the general public then that is a sacrafice me and millions of other parents are willing to make if it gives our children a chance to grow up .. those kids were between the ages of 6 and 10 .. and had their whole life ahead of them... i am not proposing that the gaurds in schools will stop all violence or might not cause it to spread elsewhere .. i am proposing; however, that it would cut down on the violence within schools... so if that means saving kids lives then i'm all for it .. if it somehow pushes the threat of that violence into the general public where grown adults are.. then guess what those adults, thanks to the 2nd amendment have the right to bear arms .. and i would take that chance anyday and so would those millions of american parents... you are just selfish ... your greed consumes your thought process to where your not only worried about your own money but the money of specific individuals that tell you the opposing party is in place to take all your money... and in my previous post i said no fully automatic shotguns so that takes them out of the equation .. any pump action or bolt action shotgun or rifle with a load of 5 rounds is far better than a 30 round semi auto clip... and may allow those in the LOF to take action to subdue the perpetrator...and i said 40% with the millions involved 10% is a huge difference... and that is why we have to implement the laws immediatly... that's not to say after the laws are ennacted that it will not take several years to get things semi under control and that something like this would not happen again in the near future after the bill's passing... and again let me tell you this noone with any commons sense can clearly sit here and say that it is anyones right that isn't involved in the military or police force to say that someone needs a semiauto AK47 and AR15 or semi auto shotgun or any gun of that caliber that is semi auto ... and anyone that thinks otherwise is just plain ignorant..during the time the costitution was written they did not know of these types of guns nor did they ever thinkn guns like this would ever exists.. and yes you are reaching into far more families lives when you start taking away certain tv shows, games, and other tv media they've grown accustome too .. and that is not the problem the parenting of certain families is the actual problem .. and even then if you have a crazy you don't know about then it's beyond anyones control... and those kids can just as easily get a gun as they can a game.. so get over yourself... your logic makes no sense .. and now your talking about boycotting successful companies during a recession and while our country is still looming in the aftermath? lol what a joke.. you could of used anykind of example and that is not what you did sir you did demonize those people read your posts... and people just don't become crazy.. genetics or some kind of dramatic trauma is what makes people crazy .. not playing call of duty on an xbox...and whoose taking away rights? i said nothing about that .. i said that military grade weapons do not belong on the street and that clip sizes should be shrunk plain and simple .. get it right... that is exactly why noone can have a conversation with people who think the way you do..now what you are talking about is taking away peoples rights to freedom of speech and basic freedoms other countries are dying to recieve.. i am just simply revising a law that has no clarity... i'm not talking aobut taking away hunting rifles, bows, muzzleloaders, or shotguns, i am talking about taking away the semi auto ones and reducing the clip size for those that are left.
Keep it simple stupid.
Old Army

Conway, AR

#19545 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>good sir .. do not try to sound more incompetant than you already have.... i believe if you talk to any parent or grand parent or anyone with a child they would tell you the same thing ... now if gun men go elsewere where adults are present in the general public then that is a sacrafice me and millions of other parents are willing to make if it gives our children a chance to grow up .. those kids were between the ages of 6 and 10 .. and had their whole life ahead of them... i am not proposing that the gaurds in schools will stop all violence or might not cause it to spread elsewhere .. i am proposing; however, that it would cut down on the violence within schools... so if that means saving kids lives then i'm all for it .. if it somehow pushes the threat of that violence into the general public where grown adults are.. then guess what those adults, thanks to the 2nd amendment have the right to bear arms .. and i would take that chance anyday and so would those millions of american parents... you are just selfish ... your greed consumes your thought process to where your not only worried about your own money but the money of specific individuals that tell you the opposing party is in place to take all your money... and in my previous post i said no fully automatic shotguns so that takes them out of the equation .. any pump action or bolt action shotgun or rifle with a load of 5 rounds is far better than a 30 round semi auto clip... and may allow those in the LOF to take action to subdue the perpetrator...and i said 40% with the millions involved 10% is a huge difference... and that is why we have to implement the laws immediatly... that's not to say after the laws are ennacted that it will not take several years to get things semi under control and that something like this would not happen again in the near future after the bill's passing... and again let me tell you this noone with any commons sense can clearly sit here and say that it is anyones right that isn't involved in the military or police force to say that someone needs a semiauto AK47 and AR15 or semi auto shotgun or any gun of that caliber that is semi auto ... and anyone that thinks otherwise is just plain ignorant..during the time the costitution was written they did not know of these types of guns nor did they ever thinkn guns like this would ever exists.. and yes you are reaching into far more families lives when you start taking away certain tv shows, games, and other tv media they've grown accustome too .. and that is not the problem the parenting of certain families is the actual problem .. and even then if you have a crazy you don't know about then it's beyond anyones control... and those kids can just as easily get a gun as they can a game.. so get over yourself... your logic makes no sense .. and now your talking about boycotting successful companies during a recession and while our country is still looming in the aftermath? lol what a joke.. you could of used anykind of example and that is not what you did sir you did demonize those people read your posts... and people just don't become crazy.. genetics or some kind of dramatic trauma is what makes people crazy .. not playing call of duty on an xbox...and whoose taking away rights? i said nothing about that .. i said that military grade weapons do not belong on the street and that clip sizes should be shrunk plain and simple .. get it right... that is exactly why noone can have a conversation with people who think the way you do..now what you are talking about is taking away peoples rights to freedom of speech and basic freedoms other countries are dying to recieve.. i am just simply revising a law that has no clarity... i'm not talking aobut taking away hunting rifles, bows, muzzleloaders, or shotguns, i am talking about taking away the semi auto ones and reducing the clip size for those that are left.
KISS. Keep it simple stupid.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19546 Dec 19, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
In the form of welfare I am talking about a person doesn't get welfare without working. I'm not sure where the unemployment came in but I know that it runs out so I'm not sure what your saying. As far as work requirements, I have plenty of tenants who don't work at all. Their entire source of income comes from the U.S. government. I know this because that is the only income they list on their application and they tell me they don't work. I also see how upset they get when they are becoming too successful in the governments eyes and are in danger of losing government benefits. Like I said before, welfare is the largest form of slavery known to man. It keeps people down and keeps them from succeeding. The gap is too large for most to get across so they just stay and are angry at those wanting to "take their benefits". The democrats are the slave owners. I have answered your liberal democratic demonization talking points though they were not worthy of a response.
what are they recieving that allows them not to work at all ? what kind of government assistance allows them to not work at all and survive.. don't you think if that was the case everyone would not do that? why work if you could live off the government.. so you have still neglected to tell me what kind of welfare you are talking about.. not once have you listed what type it was.. if unemployment is not the source then what's the source of income from these people that are living off of the governement? tell me! lol and i knew it... you are not independant as you so rightfully claim to be.. you good sir are a one sided right wing conservative... maybe a little more center right than some of your associates but .. in the long run you sir are a conservative... and no sir you have not answered my questions you have just proposed your side and defended it without a resonable response to the questions i have asked.. your dancing around the subject to try and make it fit on your side when all logic points to what i have said..and that is clearly reflected in your "democrats are the slave owners" comment.. and ttrying to take my talking points and say their demonizing towards anyone are completely hypocritical on your part after that comment... when you have no proof that any democrat holds any slaves... just as your goth example.. you critcized and ridiculed that culture.. so get your facts straight bud.. noone with any common sense thinks the way you do
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19549 Dec 19, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep it simple stupid.
if you cannot understand simple english or understand what is going on around you then maybe you should rethink your existance on this site.. if you cannot comprehend what is being said even though it is not directly implemented or directed towards you then someone needs to go back to school and actually learn something rather than have others explain what is said to them .. good day little one it's time to grow up
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19550 Dec 19, 2012
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot. Do you really think this is going to stop the crimials. If a man wants to kill they aren't going to let gun control stop them. What you want to leave law abiding citizens defendless? The problem in this country is they aren't hard enough on all the murderers. It shouldn't take 20 years to put somebody to death when they are given the death penalty. I stand by the second admentment. Our founding fathers were way smarter than you.
whoever tht guest guy is saying that they are going to repeal the 2nd ammendment has lost their minds .. they will do nothing of the sorts .. but implementing new laws to limit the exposure to military grade weapons is a plus .. and reducing the clip sizes for those grandfathered in is also a plus .. but NOONE is talking about doing away with the 2nd ammendmant except far left wing nuts who are just as crazy as the right wing nuts and give all liberals a bad name.
Old Army

Conway, AR

#19551 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>if you cannot understand simple english or understand what is going on around you then maybe you should rethink your existance on this site.. if you cannot comprehend what is being said even though it is not directly implemented or directed towards you then someone needs to go back to school and actually learn something rather than have others explain what is said to them .. good day little one it's time to grow up
In simple English, you are a fkn idiot.
Question

Jonesboro, AR

#19552 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>whoever tht guest guy is saying that they are going to repeal the 2nd ammendment has lost their minds .. they will do nothing of the sorts .. but implementing new laws to limit the exposure to military grade weapons is a plus .. and reducing the clip sizes for those grandfathered in is also a plus .. but NOONE is talking about doing away with the 2nd ammendmant except far left wing nuts who are just as crazy as the right wing nuts and give all liberals a bad name.
Don't mean to get your panties in a wad, but what is a military grade weapon? And who is "Noone"?
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#19553 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a complete fantasy land where knee jerk reactions and regulatory control of everything solves problems. Life simply isn't that way. You say it's ok to take the second amendment right away from citizens on the hope that it will fix the problem. You even say that you admit 40% of guns purchased are illegal and those sales wouldn't even be affected by your gun control laws. What percentage of the population commits crimes like the one we saw in Newtown Conn? 40%? I think not. Obama said there has been 4 instances since he took office in 2008. Each of those instances were carried out by one individual. That comes to a total of 0.00000000129% of our total population yet you want to punish the other 99.99999999871% to "HOPEFULLY" stop the rest. I listened to a gun store owner in Texas today say he has offered free concealed weapon classes to all public school employees. Expecting 100 to sign up he was quickly overwhelmed when over 500 people and climbing signed up. Not to mention that private owner gun sales have skyrocketed since the shooting. What does that tell you about what America as a whole thinks about private ownership of guns? Kinda flys in the face of your gun control argument but you are one that cares little for what others believe when you believe a certain way.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#19554 Dec 19, 2012
When I see a post like #19542 by DKN, I tend to skip over it. No breaks, no paragraphs, makes it kinda hard to read.

But from the little bit that I skimmed over, I can see you need a lesson in the Constitution AND in human nature.

Let's take this sentence:
"i am talking about taking away the semi auto ones and reducing the clip size for those that are left."

Tell me, what the hell is the difference between a clip that holds...say six rounds....compared to one that holds....say sixteen rounds?

What do you accomplish by reducing the number of rounds in a clip? Do you think it's okay that someone can kill six people, but they shouldn't be able to kill sixteen people?

Do you think someone who has sixteen rounds is more likely to go on a rampage than someone with six rounds?

How long do you think it takes someone with some practice to reload a loaded clip in their gun after firing all six rounds?

There is already a law that says you cannot murder people. Do people obey that law? What makes you so sure they will obey a gun law? A new reduced clip law?

By reducing the fire power of law-abiding trained people, how might this benefit the person who wants to do ALOT of damage?

Here is a multiple choice question for you:
When school shootings happen, what is the main factor that usually makes them stop?
a. Prayer (remember this is not allowed in school)
b. a pretty teacher asking the crazed gunman to "please stop shooting people"
c. gunman having to go to the bathroom
d. people with guns arriving on the scene
e. none of the above

Do you know what the 2nd amendment says? Do you know what the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means?

Do you think someones life is less valuable and not worth protecting when they walk through the doors at a school?

SE Michigan

#19555 Dec 19, 2012
DKN also wrote: "i am proposing; however, that it would cut down on the violence within schools..."

Just want to point out that there is not all kinds of violence in schools like you seem to think there is. That is why these shootings make the news.

The violence that does exist is ALWAYS someone disobeying the law. So how do more laws solve the problem when people aren't able to defend themselves against the law breakers? And there will ALWAYS be law breakers.
what

Keller, TX

#19556 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>if you cannot understand simple english or understand what is going on around you then maybe you should rethink your existance on this site.. if you cannot comprehend what is being said even though it is not directly implemented or directed towards you then someone needs to go back to school and actually learn something rather than have others explain what is said to them .. good day little one it's time to grow up
It's time you take you own advice.
Churmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

#19557 Dec 19, 2012
Today when i went to do my buisness I checked the oil &water in my truck. next I put my 12 guage pump shotgun in the truck. I have chinese SKS and a russan AK47. but I prefer the 12 guage. Shoot a cat or coyote at close range with 3 in magnum buckshot and you cant miss. When or if the goverment does away with the second admendment. thats the time when we will really need to exercise it.

Rose Bud, AR

#19558 Dec 19, 2012
Obozo is very good at gun control.. He passed out lots of assault weapons in fast and furiious..
Redd Neckerson

United States

#19559 Dec 19, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
Today when i went to do my buisness I checked the oil &water in my truck. next I put my 12 guage pump shotgun in the truck. I have chinese SKS and a russan AK47. but I prefer the 12 guage. Shoot a cat or coyote at close range with 3 in magnum buckshot and you cant miss. When or if the goverment does away with the second amendment. thats the time when we will really need to exercise it.
The Second Amendment will still be in place long after you and I are gone.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19560 Dec 19, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
In simple English, you are a fkn idiot.
awww poor baby got mad because he could not comprehend what was being said... now don't get mad little baby .. in a few years you'll understand what's going on .. all it takes is time.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19561 Dec 19, 2012
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mean to get your panties in a wad, but what is a military grade weapon? And who is "Noone"?
1. M16A1
2. M16A2
3. M16A4
4. M1911
5. H&K G36
6. Mk .14 EBR
7. Galil
8. AK-47
9. XM8
10. XM8 LMG
11. XM8C
12. M249 SAW
13. Barrett M82
14. M21 Sniper Rifle
15. M9 Pistol
16. AK-74
17. MP7
18. MP5K
19. M1 Garand
20. Tommy Gun
21. M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle
22. Springfield M1903 Rifle
23. M1 Carbine
24. M40 Sniper Rifle
25. H&K HK416
26. H&K G3
27. H&K HK21
28. H&K G11
29. STG 77
30. STG 44
31. MP40
32. H&K HK36
33. FN SCAR
34. FN F2000
35. FN Five-Seven
36. FN FAL
37. FN P900
38. FN MAG
39. M24
40. Tokarev TT-33
41. M5A2 Carbine
42. PP7
43. PP2000
44. PPSh-41
45. PP-19 Bizon
46. Karabiner 98
47. Gewehr 43
48. SPAS-15
49. SPAS-12
50. Steyr AUG
that's just a small list of your military grade weapons for you ... the pistols are an exception in my eyes but all the others and other guns of the same caliber that are semi auto or hold a large magazine clip should be illegal .. there is no use for them in civilian world.. and Noone is formed in parallel to the formation of nobody, anyone, and everyone, but it is often considered incorrect because of the doubled vowels creating a temptation to read and pronounce it as "noon" (/nu&#720;n/).
American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1
that is your "noone"..
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#19562 Dec 19, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a complete fantasy land where knee jerk reactions and regulatory control of everything solves problems. Life simply isn't that way. You say it's ok to take the second amendment right away from citizens on the hope that it will fix the problem. You even say that you admit 40% of guns purchased are illegal and those sales wouldn't even be affected by your gun control laws. What percentage of the population commits crimes like the one we saw in Newtown Conn? 40%? I think not. Obama said there has been 4 instances since he took office in 2008. Each of those instances were carried out by one individual. That comes to a total of 0.00000000129% of our total population yet you want to punish the other 99.99999999871% to "HOPEFULLY" stop the rest. I listened to a gun store owner in Texas today say he has offered free concealed weapon classes to all public school employees. Expecting 100 to sign up he was quickly overwhelmed when over 500 people and climbing signed up. Not to mention that private owner gun sales have skyrocketed since the shooting. What does that tell you about what America as a whole thinks about private ownership of guns? Kinda flys in the face of your gun control argument but you are one that cares little for what others believe when you believe a certain way.
no sir the only fantasy land being created and/or lived in is that of republicans... just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control? just asking because you say i'm so quick to throw it out there... i think the sooner action the better as things in government take time... so if we start now it may take a year for a law to be passed and another year for it to be fully implemented and understood... and i have stated MULTIPLE times that i have no intention and niether does the democratic party of doing away with the second amendment in the constitution ... but it must be controlled... it must have guides just as everything else.. when the constitution was written like i said before... our for fathers never thought, heard of , or were accustomed to things we live with in today's world... i said plain as day that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols would be affected .. so that affects how many people you know? and all grandfathered military weapons before a certain date should be regulated to a certain low clip size.. that is not.. by any means taking away the 2nd amendment.. "i believe a more strict federal gun buying law should be imposed... and athat all guns should have first time free registration and that everyone should have every gun they own registered.. and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .. weather that be feet on the ground or some other types of security .. whatever that might be from cameras to checkpoints or anything" .. but that is just what i believe ...but the first part is simple common sense.. you may not solve the problem but it can be controlled

SE Michigan

#19563 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>
<snipped the drivel>
that's just a small list of your military grade weapons for you ... the pistols are an exception in my eyes but all the others and other guns of the same caliber that are semi auto or hold a large magazine clip should be illegal .. there is no use for them in civilian world.. and Noone is formed in parallel to the formation of nobody, anyone, and everyone, but it is often considered incorrect because of the doubled vowels creating a temptation to read and pronounce it as "noon" (/nu&#720;n/).
American users (COCA) prefer the spelling no one to either noone or no-one by more than 500 to 1.
UK users (BNC) prefer no-one to noone 50 to 1 and no one to noone 12 to 1
that is your "noone"..
"there is no use for them in civilian world.."
That's a moot point. The fact is....they ARE in the civilian world....and they ALWAYS WILL BE in the civilian world.

If left up to you, only the bad guys will have them....and they WILL USE THEM....on US if they have that advantage. You cannot uninvent something!

You could say there is no place in society for nuclear weapons too. But if we do away with ours, other countries- some who are evil- will still have them... and could be a grave danger to us. Would you feel safe if we destroyed all of our nukes?

It is only natural and right for good people to have equal, or better, fire-power and to use it to destroy evil.

SE Michigan

#19565 Dec 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>no sir the only fantasy land being created and/or lived in is that of republicans... just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control? just asking because you say i'm so quick to throw it out there... i think the sooner action the better as things in government take time... so if we start now it may take a year for a law to be passed and another year for it to be fully implemented and understood... and i have stated MULTIPLE times that i have no intention and niether does the democratic party of doing away with the second amendment in the constitution ... but it must be controlled... it must have guides just as everything else.. when the constitution was written like i said before... our for fathers never thought, heard of , or were accustomed to things we live with in today's world... i said plain as day that no hunting rifles, shotguns, or pistols would be affected .. so that affects how many people you know? and all grandfathered military weapons before a certain date should be regulated to a certain low clip size.. that is not.. by any means taking away the 2nd amendment.. "i believe a more strict federal gun buying law should be imposed... and athat all guns should have first time free registration and that everyone should have every gun they own registered.. and that all school grounds even college campuses should have more security .. weather that be feet on the ground or some other types of security .. whatever that might be from cameras to checkpoints or anything" .. but that is just what i believe ...but the first part is simple common sense.. you may not solve the problem but it can be controlled
"just how many kids dieing would it take for YOU personally to want to do something about gun control?"
I can't speak for him, but for myself...all the dead kids in the world would NOT have me calling for gun control! If more good people had guns, knew how to use them, and carried them everywhere, there would be fewer dead kids and more dead kid-murdering thugs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clowns in pocahontas 7 min Freddie L 9
mcghee baby abused 1 hr Information 6
Remembering PHS classmates who have lost their ... (Nov '08) 5 hr Duh 522
People that go behind there boyfriend back with... (Feb '16) 14 hr Guest 22
What's being done to slow down the stealing? (Jan '15) Mon Guest 19
cooler weather Mon autumn orange 2
Who are some of the hardest working people in P... (Feb '09) Mon truth 92

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance