Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Old Army wrote:
You and Barney guessed wrong Redd.
I was not guessing O. A., I was telling you to issue a invitation to Redd.

Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Ill agree the preppers you see in TV appear to be looney tunes. However there was a missed opportunity to prevent this tragedy. The day before four people threw this individual out of the school. There are laws against his behavior on the day prior to his commiting that dispicable act. Why didnt those school officials get the police involved? Why werent they doing their job & duty and make shure charges were filed and a restraining order placed upon this deranged person? Was it because his mother was a former teacher & friend? I know its not politically correct but it needs to be brought up.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Post Turtle wrote:
Come on media give it a rest. You people talking about this 24/7 isn't doing anyone any good at all. This 24/7 on the news stations can cause copy cats. It has put people over the top before. So maybe you should FTFU before some other bat chit crazy killer wakes up. If you have something new to say then say it and go away...
This MUST be played up real big! It's disarm America time! Remember, never let a good crisis go to waste.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text> Why are the Chicken hawks at ABC news radio and Fox bogus news try to cover up the Fact that Nancy Lanza was an advert Tea party “Republican” member who Follows the morons likes of Ann Coulter, Monica Crowley, and Ted Nugent etc’s: Destructive message. Who’s Ex -husband Peter Lanza Who is an multi million dollar Executive at General Electric who used her Ex-Husbands clot at G.E. to obtain those Deadly Weapons who Then Taught her mentally ill Son Adam to kill. Is it the fact that they are trying to cover up there own incompetent image?
In the end, only ONE PERSON is responsible for their actions. I don't care if the woman had 10,000 guns. It was HIM who committed the crime and he would have found a gun somewhere else if not at his mothers house. You cannot uninvent guns!

Why not address the fact that if a teacher or principal had been armed, he may have been stopped before 20 kids were killed?

What about THAT FACT, Billy?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Curmudgeon wrote:
Ill agree the preppers you see in TV appear to be looney tunes. However there was a missed opportunity to prevent this tragedy. The day before four people threw this individual out of the school. There are laws against his behavior on the day prior to his commiting that dispicable act. Why didnt those school officials get the police involved? Why werent they doing their job & duty and make shure charges were filed and a restraining order placed upon this deranged person? Was it because his mother was a former teacher & friend? I know its not politically correct but it needs to be brought up.
Appearing to be a looney tune doesn't make one dangerous or homicidal. What is a looney tune to one person may be completely normal to someone else. Who makes the judgment to whether an individual is a danger? Someone with a white coat? I see grave dangers and total loss of freedom and liberty if this country starts allowing college degreed individuals to take people away because THEY declare them a "looney tune."

Restraining orders mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to people who are hell-bent on hurting someone. The ONLY way to stop these things from occuring, or escalating to that extent, is to arm the workers in the school and train them how and when to use those arms.

No matter how many gun laws there are, psychos and criminals disobey them and innocent law-abiding people get killed. It happens every time! And it only stops when ARMED people arrive!
Billy Bob

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end, only ONE PERSON is responsible for their actions. I don't care if the woman had 10,000 guns. It was HIM who committed the crime and he would have found a gun somewhere else if not at his mothers house. You cannot uninvent guns!
Why not address the fact that if a teacher or principal had been armed, he may have been stopped before 20 kids were killed?
What about THAT FACT, Billy?
Oh I'm sorry.. You don't get it... I AGREE WITH YOU.
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Too many knee-jerk reactions to this tragedy. Maybe reason will prevail but I kinda doubt it.
Old Army

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not guessing O. A., I was telling you to issue a invitation to Redd.
You are invited to KissMyAss. Your suckup friend can tag along if he wants.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Jacon davis Searcy Ar

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks anyway, I will have to decline your invitation.

But thanks for asking..........

Happy Holidays,,,,, Butt Head

Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
My how times have changed, once a certain degree of civility existed between the three of us....never agreement, but civility.

I guess I shouldn't have made fun of one of your jokes, even though they were becoming less and less jovial as time went by.

Tell us a joke Army, make us laugh again.
noo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

yes
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Curmudgeon wrote:
Been busy Curmudgeon, what's the thrown out the day before low down.
Curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

"Four adults are killed in Benghazi and the right-wing politicizes it endlessly. But 20 small children are slaughtered in Connecticut and the nation is told to do nothing."

“Dream A Little Dream,...”

Since: Mar 12

Wake Up From A Nightmare,...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

I vote everyday I can...
gunner

Bogor, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

I don't think being put in a cage where you will be raped and stabbed is a picnic. For a man to be raped is especially a horrible thing. That's right 1 in 7 in jail in the u.s. More people in jail in that country than any other country on earth and you want even more? You are more likely to go to jail in the so called land of the free than you are anywhere else on planet earth.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

d
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Arming more people will not solve the problem but neither will taking guns away from law abiding citizens and adding more taxes to citizens who pay their property taxes to schools or sales taxes that afford police officers. There will always be a black market and that market will either stay the same if our gun laws stay the same or it will expand if strict gun control laws are enacted. This is another problem I have with the democratic party. They seem to believe that we just need to react to the recent tragedies with more strict gun laws but leave the culture that is cultivating these sick individuals the same. Music, video games, movies and tv shows, less focus on the family structure in leiu of focus on broken families, politicians creating tension between individuals with differences, and a host of other issues are all seeds and fertilizers for shaping the type of individuals that would carry out the type of act we saw play out in Conn. this past Friday. If we don't change our culture, and I don't think we will or even want to, then this type of thing will become common place. We must teach our children responsibility and accountability. Parents should never buy their children the type of video games like Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, or a host of other violent, sex, and drug filled games. Parents should not allow their children to listen to music that promotes violence, pre-marital sex, or anything else that could hurt a person if that person decided to engage in it. Anyone who thinks that kids, and adults for that matter, are not influenced by the products of our culture is simply naieve. For instance, why do you see kids dressing in the goth style? Goth is as far away from today's mainstream culture as you can get. The only explination is the bands that sing that type of music dress like that so the kids that listen to that music immulate their "heros". The signs are all around us but we refuse to acknowledge that they are the cause and not the fact that citizens have guns.
you know you amaze me sometimes.. i would rather spend a few extra cents or a couple extra dollars in taxes to keep my kid in a safer school zone rather than take a chance in not having a guard there at all... or some kind of increased security...and the simple fact of the matter is noone needs a damn ak47 or ar15 or a military grade weapon...or semi auto shotguns.. for any reason ....and keeping all guns out of the hands of crazies out there is virtually impossible since 40% of all guns bought require no background check because their sold by private sellers..but someething must be done.. and are you kiding me you are talking about changing our culture and have the government reach into each individual lives and mold and shape everyone by showing them good things with no bad and have them go out in the world thinking that ... lol your crazy.. there are age appropriate games and movies and those are clearly marked.. there are also some lazy people who dont want to take the time to teach their kid gun control, common sense, and discipline them accordingly ... and you throw goth out there as an example?.. who are you to judge people by what they wear or believe... a good person is a good person no matter what they look like or who they are affiliated with... like i said there is no way to keep weapons out of the hands of crazies so it does not matter what you do it will happen .. the question is how can we limit the number of times it happens and how can we limit the number of deadly rounds sent down range in such rapid succession and precision.. and how can we protect our children in a place where they should not feel vulnerable...those are the questions .. now is not the time to demonize but the time to think logically.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The percentage of those that have had times that are out of their control or so rough that they need to take advantage of every single program the government offers is probably smaller than the 2% that has been demonized in the past 5 years. I have rental property so I see all of the bad decisions many of my tenants make and I also see how they could easily better themselves even with the money they currently make. On occassion, when the tenant opens a door of opportunity, I will offer some very simple suggestions on how they can help themselves. How many do you think have ever taken my suggestion or inquired about other things? I'll give you a hint. It's less than 1. It has made me realize that these individuals who need help will have to be required to better themselves until they can see the benefit for themselves. The more money they get the farther down the hole they go. This is why recipients of ANY government assistance should be required to work for that money. By saying they should work in government you do realize I'm not talking about elected officials. It doesn't even have to be in government. It could be free labor for businesses like cleaning or running errands or whatever. But they need to have to work for their income just like everyone else. You say that they are adults and can take responsibility for themselves. Do you see that happening now more times than not or do you see the same abuse that I do? As for unemployment, do you think if unemployment benefits were not so good, that people would ride it out to the end? Everytime someone does that the cost of goods goes up along with employers unemployment insurance premiums. That cost simply gets passed down to the consumers.
do you not realize that most of these people recieving some type of welfare are the working poor? so if they are already working what more do you want for them .. we cannot force poeple to go to college and better themselves but i do not think that they should be left behind ... i do agree that they SHOULD better themselves but you cannot force anyone... if someones unemployment runs out and they haven't found a job then i feel no remourse for them ... but if someone is working then laid off becuase their job was taken away through no fualt of there own i believe deserve a chance to look for work and focus on finding a job to contribute to the community... most of the working poor have families so how do you suppose they make the time to do anything else?... and people must find out for themseleves with guidance from other level minded individuals or maybe just experience it for themselves to find out and change... some do change some do not that's life... but we cannot in good conscious leave those who do not to die out on the street in a country such as ours...your way of thinking is badly skewed and i hope you'll have the decency to look at what your saying you cannot tell people how to live their lives.. that is communism and not something accustomed to this country.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats do control the inner city. Community organizers are in the inner city spreading the democratic message offering hope and ,more imprortantly to the residents, free stuff. Crimes by young punks that are angry at the hand life has dealt them from being promised so much yet delivered so little. Ask those young punks who they would vote for if they did vote. The overwhelming consensus would be democrat. There is a reason for that. Yes babies out of wedlock is as bad of an epidemic as it is because of democrats promising more money for each child. Most of those children are seen as income and not the innocent children they should be. The vast majority of welfare recipients vote democrat all the way down the board, especially if welfare has become a way of life for them. It's not blaming anyone, it's simply the way it is. If you promise someone who is lazy and doesn't want to work, more money without having to work, then you will get that person's support. The longer someone stays unemployed, the less that person wants to actually get back into the workforce. Tie that back to more money without having to work and you will get all the support you can handle. Humans are geared to take the path of least resistance. We have to condition ourselves to do otherwise. The more the environment opens the path of least resistance, the more people will follow it.
lol what?! you are crazy!! lol wow.. i was kind of sure but now you just put the icing on the cake... who are those "young punks" your talking about?... barak obama was a community organizer, i'm sure you know that though by what fox news says... so do the "young punks" have the same color skin as him as well ? is that what your implying?.. those kids need hope .. everyone needs hope.. without hope then what do you have? faith? what about those who have no set faith? what do they have?.. or do you even care? and most of them have faith in the inner cities.. alot of "young punks" families are very church oriented....are you saying do not offer them hope?... let them fend for themselves?.. you my good sir are heartless... and just what free stuff are they recieving?... your saying for someone who gets pregnant when their 16 may work at subway then become manager and has a kid does not deserve that earned income tax credit or wic or financial assistance for having a kid on a low income wage to help sustain her family until she can better herself and their lives ... now if they don't want to better their lives then their must be a limit on the tax credit and a gradual decrease in assistance over years from prior births..to graduallly push them into a better way of life or limit the number of offspring they can have...but that is just my opinion...i do not agree with what the so called duggers do there in arkansas with 20 kids and counting.. what a joke imagine 2 people having 20 kids nowadays .. you tell me how their gonna pay for that ...and let me ask you something.. what welfare recipiants recieve your form of welfare and do not have to work?.. unemployment? unemployment cannot be a way of life because it runs out .. now what exactly are you talking about? and how are they recieving more money? and when was the work requirement stripped ? i think it yas not been read up... and you are blaming someone or something you are blaming the democratic party how else can you take it from your point of view you've discussed here? so do not say theres not blame when your in the process of putting the blame on someone ... The world is full of fools and faint hearts; and yet everyone has courage enough to bear the misfortunes, and wisdom enough to manage the affairs, of his neighbor.
-
Benjamin Franklin
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you the math one more time. We owe $16,000,000,000,000. The United States adds $1,400,000,000,000 in new debt every year. Roughly 165,000,000 people are in the workforce and pay taxes. The average wage for each Amreican is roughly $26,000 which is based off of the entire population of 310,000,000. Since only 165,000,000 work, the average income for those working is about $49,000. If the 165,000,000 who work are the only ones who contribute their taxes, then they will be the ones who have to foot the bill for our debt.$16,000,000,000,000 divided by 165,000,000 comes to $97,000.00 per person or $194,000.00 per household. If each person makes $49,000 per year is on the hook for $97,000 the numbers simply don't work. Add the additional $8500 in new debt per year for each person and the numbers really don't work. Obama says that he will only tax those households making over $250,000 per year which is only about 1 in 50. There are about 116,000,000 households in America. That means that 2,320,000 households will be expected to pay $16,000,000,000,000 in unfunded debt for our country. This means that each household that only makes $250,000 per year will be on the hook for about $7,000,000 for the current debt and will have to add $604,000 every single year in new debt for the $1,400,000,000,000 we add to the 16,000,000,000,000. Remember, these numbers are in addition to the taxes all of these individuals already pay.
These figures lead me to beileve that the threshold of those who see extra taxes will come way below the $250,000 threshold. My guess is it will end at $50,000 which still won't be enough considering just how much we owe. The simple math of the problem is what leads me to believe that our government, republican and democrat, have no intention of paying any of this back. If they do think that America can afford to pay it back then they are the worst possible people America could have in control of our financial future. This is my side of the argument and why I believe what I believe. Now, if you would please use whatever numbers the Obama administration is using and take me through the "path to prosperity" Obama seems to be preaching that his budget will take us down. If you give me your numbers I will give them a fair shake. Believe me, the last thing I want is for America to fall. I would love to see America prosper whether it is under Obama or whoever. I simply don't think Obama's policies will do anything but bring us to our financial knees.
i do not care what you think on this subject any longer... you clearly do not grasp what is happening in congress right now and do not understand how our marginal tax rate works nor do you understand how the federal debt is gauged and how we need to go about paying down the deficit so there is nothing more to say .. you can keep producing all the numbers you want and try to come to a 0 conclusion and you will not come close... and at any rate i always hear you criticize how you "know" obamas plan is bs.. when you have not offered any sensible reasons to solve the issues nor has the the republican party .. i know you say your an independant but your clearly not a democrat and the only other major party that has any sort of control is republicans.. so yes you are a moderate republican because not one idea on here proposed by a democrat have you said is acceptable...or reasonable... and what is so good about the republicans tax proposal tell me where their revenue is gonna come from? lol what a joke do not try to comprehend something you clearly know nothing about...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,341 - 18,360 of27,899
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
guy at Wendy's 34 min guest 2
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 3 hr cookie monster 9,712
Pocahontas Auction 7 hr Guest 4
Hispanic Radio Station Coming To Town 8 hr Juan 10
Mark Bradly Arrested 10 hr Guest 3
5 rivers medical center Wed hmm 67
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... Wed guest 19
•••
•••
•••
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••