Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Reality Check

United States

#19368 Dec 14, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what, try to find me a quote from ANYONE in the Obama administration that said, letting the Bush tax cuts expire on those with over $250,000 income is the sole answer for reducing the debt.
Let's See how long it will take you to carry that out.
They say they can pay down the debt yet the only tax increases they have proposed (out loud and publicly) have been on those making more than $250K per year. Don't worry Barney, I know and I believe you do too that either every tax payer will eventually be choked out by these taxes OR, more likely, the Obama administration has no intention of paying the debt at all and they just used the "tax the rich" talking points to make the 90% hate the 10% and vote for Obama. It worked. Either scenario is not a good thing and completely irresponsible. If you think I'm wrong, then please use whatever numbers you like and prove me otherwise. I don't expect you to dig all the way down to the bottom of each number unless you feel you need to to make a point. All I want is a government that lives within its means and allows it's people to be as free as possible. That isn't what we have now.

United States

#19369 Dec 14, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your answer? You don't know what the answer is, but your damn sure you know what ever my answer is, it is incorrect.
It usually is...
Redd

United States

#19371 Dec 14, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>I like that. Now we are getting somewhere. Most if not all of those ideas sound like conservative ideas. Interesting.
Not at all.

Military reduction and severe defense cuts-No, Re-implementing Tax codes at traditional levels-no, impose import duties on foreign goods, penalize US companies for squiring profits in off shore accounts, prosecute and seize assets gained by insider trading on Wall Street, demand that Congress disassociates itself from private sector influence and financial support, and a half million other ways that we are screwed by our elected representatives. No No No

Medicaid abuse and fraud I'll give you.

It's the common misconception by many Conservatives that middle/left Democrats aren't capable of recognizing the problems facing us. That's why I despise most of your sides talking points and the stupid false political misrepresentations directed at Democrats.

But go on hating us, by that you are making it much easier for our side.
Redd

United States

#19372 Dec 14, 2012
Working together wrote:
<quoted text>Surely a smart man like you has an idea? Redd came up with a fantastic solution. Do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution. It will take us all to fix this thing won't it?
Don't confuse that my view differs much from Barney's, it doesn't, what the two of us completely agree upon...you frickers are all for imposing you narrow principles on the rest of us. That alone will insure your Party will continue to become less relevant as time moves on.
Redd

United States

#19374 Dec 14, 2012
What most of you don't seem to understand..it's not the black man, the brown man, the Asians nor the Arab that is this Country's problem. The problem in this Country is the deterioration of the the white man. If we demanded of our children the work ethic and principles our grandfathers demanded, well you know the rest. Many of us have had it too easy, been too coddled and too spoiled. We are the problem, instead of looking at the inner cities as the problem, look around your own town...maybe within your own family.
Redd

United States

#19375 Dec 14, 2012
Confused you wrote:
<quoted text>Those are all conservative values you mention. Maybe you are blinded by your hate, misinformed or are a conservative. You should really take a deep hard look within.
No need. Preach to the preacher, not me, I am content.
Reality Check

United States

#19379 Dec 14, 2012
Poor boy wrote:
<quoted text>It's the rich peoples fault that we are in this mess. They should have to pay their fair share.
Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure that those that everyone who is a welfare recipient is that way because some rich person makes too much money and not because the government handouts make it possible to stay alive without any effort. I'm sure that none of those people could have made anything of themselves. They don't need to do their part and contribute to society. Just let everyone else pay for it.

Dallas, TX

#19381 Dec 14, 2012
I don't consider Medicare an entitlement program and that's what they want to cut. We don't take caoof our old people

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#19383 Dec 14, 2012
No spending wrote:
<quoted text>Short but sweet. I get your point. That just might work but how do you do it and maintain the life style so mean people have become accostomed to living?
Again, simple. You become accustomed to a "new lifestyle" of living within your means. What a concept, huh? But then my profile page does say I listen to Dave Ramsey. If only more people did.

BTW, a coworker recently lost his home. He still brags about "how good he WAS doing" at one point in his life. A large parcel of land, a brand new pole barn, a nice newly built house. A motorcycle to go riding on weekends, and new cars for him and his wife.

He is now tired of apartment life and wants a new home. He sees that happening this spring. But he, as of now, has NO down payment, still has car payments and an old tax debt (with penanties). BUT.... he has a paid off motorcycle and a brand new DVD player he just bought, as well as a new direct TV package and "really good rates" on two iphones.:)

SE Michigan

#19384 Dec 14, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure that those that everyone who is a welfare recipient is that way because some rich person makes too much money and not because the government handouts make it possible to stay alive without any effort. I'm sure that none of those people could have made anything of themselves. They don't need to do their part and contribute to society. Just let everyone else pay for it.
I think Poor Boy, aka Warrior, was being sarcastic.:)
Redd

United States

#19385 Dec 14, 2012
Pot-kettle wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it's OK for you liberals to cram your way of life down our throats isn't it.
Examples
Redd

United States

#19386 Dec 14, 2012
White man wrote:
<quoted text>Content in your inner city? You sound racist....
Been reading some of your work over in Alamogordo, same crap as here.
Redd

United States

#19387 Dec 14, 2012
Pot-kettle wrote:
<quoted text>I guess it's OK for you liberals to cram your way of life down our throats isn't it.
Do you like thing crammed down your throat?
Reality Check

United States

#19388 Dec 14, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Examples
Wealth redistribution, green energy policies, class warfare, out of control debt, over regulation, government intrusion into our personal lives, to name a few.
Redd

United States

#19389 Dec 14, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Wealth redistribution, green energy policies, class warfare, out of control debt, over regulation, government intrusion into our personal lives, to name a few.
Isn't it odd that what you consider some of the problems facing us are the same ones that I consider. Yours are more financially driven, mine are more people driven.

There is too much unwarranted division within this country, too much mindless hate, go watch your television right now, see what we are becoming.
Reality Check

United States

#19390 Dec 14, 2012
Redd wrote:
What most of you don't seem to understand..it's not the black man, the brown man, the Asians nor the Arab that is this Country's problem. The problem in this Country is the deterioration of the the white man. If we demanded of our children the work ethic and principles our grandfathers demanded, well you know the rest. Many of us have had it too easy, been too coddled and too spoiled. We are the problem, instead of looking at the inner cities as the problem, look around your own town...maybe within your own family.
Redd, I rarely agree with your posts. I do agree with you here. I would take it a step farther. Those who are "less fortunate" are less fortunate for a reason. For some, a series of unforseeable events cause hard times to fall on an individual. In those cases, we need to do whatever to get those people the aid they need to get back on their feet. Unfortunately, for many, they are simply working the system and the very last thing they need is more free money without the expectation for the individual to contribute back to society. We have a system that believes if our government simply hands out free money to individuals who say they are hurting, then in return those individuals will use those resources to better themselves in order to get away from the welfare system. You and I know that isn't how it happens. Without expectations and consequences for inaction, what ends up happening is people on government assistance become more likely to shape their lifestyle around the amount of free money given each month. After a time, the people who do that end up doing whatever it takes to stay out of work. It is even harder for them because after years on the government dole, the only jobs available to those individuals will most likely be minimum wage. But that is not the fault of the rich as many think. That lifestyle was a conscious decision by the individual. The individual just doesn't want to face the consequences of their choices. This is where I have a rub with today's democratic party. They use that attitude to turn the anger towards the rich in return for votes. Sadly, America has enough people in that category to get those politicians elected.
Reality Check

United States

#19391 Dec 14, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it odd that what you consider some of the problems facing us are the same ones that I consider. Yours are more financially driven, mine are more people driven.
There is too much unwarranted division within this country, too much mindless hate, go watch your television right now, see what we are becoming.
I couldn't agree more with the second part of this post. Mine has a financial element to it but it is rooted in who people are at their core and what behaviors we, as American's, are willing to accept from our fellow citizens.
Redd

United States

#19392 Dec 14, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more with the second part of this post. Mine has a financial element to it but it is rooted in who people are at their core and what behaviors we, as American's, are willing to accept from our fellow citizens.
I see Medicaid recipients regularly, I see the abuse, I see the squalor and the lack of initiative, the unintended consequence, but worst of all I see the children doomed to the same fate.

Medicare and Social Security is not the problem, Medicaid is.

SE Michigan

#19393 Dec 14, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Redd, I rarely agree with your posts. I do agree with you here. I would take it a step farther. Those who are "less fortunate" are less fortunate for a reason. For some, a series of unforseeable events cause hard times to fall on an individual. In those cases, we need to do whatever to get those people the aid they need to get back on their feet. Unfortunately, for many, they are simply working the system and the very last thing they need is more free money without the expectation for the individual to contribute back to society. We have a system that believes if our government simply hands out free money to individuals who say they are hurting, then in return those individuals will use those resources to better themselves in order to get away from the welfare system. You and I know that isn't how it happens. Without expectations and consequences for inaction, what ends up happening is people on government assistance become more likely to shape their lifestyle around the amount of free money given each month. After a time, the people who do that end up doing whatever it takes to stay out of work. It is even harder for them because after years on the government dole, the only jobs available to those individuals will most likely be minimum wage. But that is not the fault of the rich as many think. That lifestyle was a conscious decision by the individual. The individual just doesn't want to face the consequences of their choices. This is where I have a rub with today's democratic party. They use that attitude to turn the anger towards the rich in return for votes. Sadly, America has enough people in that category to get those politicians elected.
With all the people collecting free money, there should not be one speck of litter laying on this country anywhere! They should be out there 8 hours every day picking it up. The more educated ones of the bunch should be taking DNA samples from it to determine who threw it out in the first place. Then the cops, instead of looking for seatbelt offenses by hard-working individuals, could be locating the litterers, fining them and putting their asses on chain gangs in the landfills sorting the garbage from the recyclable.
Redd

United States

#19394 Dec 14, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
With all the people collecting free money, there should not be one speck of litter laying on this country anywhere! They should be out there 8 hours every day picking it up. The more educated ones of the bunch should be taking DNA samples from it to determine who threw it out in the first place. Then the cops, instead of looking for seatbelt offenses by hard-working individuals, could be locating the litterers, fining them and putting their asses on chain gangs in the landfills sorting the garbage from the recyclable.
Funny how alike most of us really are, yet we allow ourselves be manipulated by different informational sources designed to divide us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miley Johnson 21 min I believe it 5
Stand against funding cuts for mental health da... 4 hr Guest 3
Colton Halliburton 10 hr Guest 3
People that go behind there boyfriend back with... (Feb '16) 10 hr Sad sad sad 23
Chicken Plant (Dec '14) 20 hr booger 189
Brandon and Nicole Griffin Fri Dink 1
Felisha dawn junkersfeld Fri Maynard 7

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages