Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>lol oh really ? do you reallly think that our tax rate for millionaires is going to go up that high?... and is the UK's economy and imports close in scale to the united states? i think not... and where did those other 10,000 millionairs go because at the end of 2011 " There are now more than 10,000 multimillionaires in the UK, with a combined wealth of over one trillion US dollars. 4,220 live in London - more than can be found in the whole of France. Aberdeen; however, has the highest rate of multimillionaires per 100,000 people, beating London into second place" so where did you get your "facts"? lol what a joke... and let me tell you that in a heartbeat .. if all major companies wanted to move corporate headquarters overseas and avoid paying US taxes that run and govern this country .. the american populous would disown and by something else.. if your way of reasoning was so logically sound then whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are corporations till based here in the US? tell me that? you still have yet to answer that question.... because of the simple truths i told you before ... we are the world leading economy, superpower, world influencer, and peacekeeper.. no other country can touch us or our wealth .. when taxe go up and when loopeholes and deductions for millionaires are taken off the tables and overseas tax breaks are taken off the table and US insourcing is put in it's place then guess what??!!! those companies are still gonna be based here in the US and are gonna deal with and comply to and with the US government .. count how many companies leave when a deal is reached.. and instead of talking about what YOU may think is going on why don't you talk about what is REALLY going on instead of providing false scenarios with unrealistic outcomes and trynig to defend from a "strong" position when in all reality all you said could and would never ever happen.
First off, all you need to do is google millionaires leaving the UK and there are several articles covering this so TIFWIW. Second, I never said that companies were moving corporate headquarters overseas, I said they were moving manufacturing overseas thus the ananlogy of consumer decisions to buy cheaper instead of American made. I own a retail store so I am pretty familiar with customer's buying habits and I do keep up with why companies do what they do in relation to consumer's purchasing habbits. What qualifies you? I would like to know. Just like I would still like to know what makes you a tax professional. Your argument that no other nation can touch our wealth is horribly wrong. Look at what China is doing to their currency in relation to how much we owe them and you should be able to figure out that we are on the edge of disaster. Do you always add or change words in a conversation to make it say what you want so you can make your counter argument? Things would go a lot smoother if you responded to what I actually said.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have asked for examples to backup your accusations you just keep rambling. You and Barney are kind of like Beavis and Butthead, you each find humor in each other but no one takes you seriously. I have never claimed to be overly successful but evidently I am doing better than you. You and Barney have problems with anyone with ethics or values. Talk to Barney's shift leader, you might learn something.
You routinely completely miss or comprehend the childish simplicity that surrounds your every post. That's apparently not your fault, you work with what you've got.

It's my fault for not recognizing this earlier.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
You routinely completely miss or comprehend the childish simplicity that surrounds your every post. That's apparently not your fault, you work with what you've got.
It's my fault for not recognizing this earlier.
You need to be specific, you're obviously not real bright, but assuming you have some high school, you should be able to state your thoughts in such a way that someone would know precisely what you are talking about. You are like a third grader in your accusations and name calling, tell us what you actually mean, ask someone to help you, we won't count off for spelling, grammar or incomplete sentences, just present a logical case.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>400 dollars a week in federal income tax alone eh?.. lol and then you combine you and your wife! lol what a joke.... and noone said you should pay more moron .. do you make over 250k a year? no i do not think so so therefore you are not going to pay more so get that nonsense out of that thick head of yours... sounds like more fear mongoring and pandering comming from a paranoid republican who thinks everyone is after them.
You really think that raising taxes on those who make $250K per year won't have ANY effect on those in the tax brackets who's taxes won't be affected at all? Many of the "evil" wealthy in this country who make $250K or more are business owners that sell products. Here is the progression of a business owner when taxes are raised. 1st they see where they can cut current costs like cutting business practices that are not needed but are more of a perk for company employees. Then they will have to cut benefits like matching 401K's or healthcare. 2nd they will raise prices on the goods they make. 3rd they will cut the workforce in their company to try to do more with less. 4th they will cut quality to keep costs down. 5th they will have to raise prices again in order to keep up with the added tax burden. Usually, if a company reaches this point, customers are unwilling to pay the higher prices, gross revenues fall, and the company has to close. If a company has to raise prices on its goods to meet the higher tax burden, and the middle and lower class are the ones who buys those products, don't you think that the middle and lower classes will have their incomes not go as far? Raising taxes on the rich has and always will hurt the middle and lower class more than it does the rich that the tax is applied to. Taxes doesn't necessarily mean income taxes. It could be regulation costs or added expenses in bringing a company up to new standards set by government entities such as OSHA or the EPA or other costs like Obamacare. Either way, it is the same as a tax. Speaking of Obamacare, what happens if a lower or middle class individual works for a company that has less employees than is required to offer healthcare? Is that individual going to have to buy health insurance? If that person doesn't buy health insurance, won't there be a tax to pay? Wouldn't that be considered raising taxes on those making less than $250K per year?

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never hinted that my family income is over 250k, you don't have to make that much to owe 23k in taxes. You need to get one of the tax simplification books and try to understand some of this. But then you hint that you have larger tax liabilities than I do so you already know all this and you still think it is a fair system.
No, what I said was, if you are so sure about the constant crap you spew, to put your money where your mouth is.

An you wanted no part of that.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never hinted that my family income is over 250k, you don't have to make that much to owe 23k in taxes. You need to get one of the tax simplification books and try to understand some of this. But then you hint that you have larger tax liabilities than I do so you already know all this and you still think it is a fair system.
"I am paying in excess of four hundred a week in federal income tax and you think I should pay more ( we is my wife and I combined ). I do believe that you want to penalize me because I am willing to work, have chose to make intelligent life choices and have invested wisely." END QUOTE

Now I have to ask you Einstein, what the Hell is the big tax fight going on right now in D.C.?

Could it be over wanting to raise taxes on those that make over 250K a year?

And you say, QUOTE: you think I should pay more ( we is my wife and I combined ). I do believe that you want to penalize me

END QUOTE

And yet another,

QUOTE:I have never hinted that my family income is over 250k
END QUOTE

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>the 23k was not withheld, around four hundred a week was, sadly at the end of the year instill owe taxes, not enough to be penalized but I do get to write a check. Do you understand taxes at all?
We saw that the first time you posted it genius,

Do you understand that at all?

"didn't say I had 23k withheld, I said I paid in excess of that"
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Paid in just the correct amount,
not to much, not to little,
I think this one may have been reading to many nursery rimes.
was that post directed to you .. i think not.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Paid in just the correct amount,
not to much, not to little,
I think this one may have been reading to many nursery rimes.
lol sorry bout that missred the sequence of the postings lol
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, all you need to do is google millionaires leaving the UK and there are several articles covering this so TIFWIW. Second, I never said that companies were moving corporate headquarters overseas, I said they were moving manufacturing overseas thus the ananlogy of consumer decisions to buy cheaper instead of American made. I own a retail store so I am pretty familiar with customer's buying habits and I do keep up with why companies do what they do in relation to consumer's purchasing habbits. What qualifies you? I would like to know. Just like I would still like to know what makes you a tax professional. Your argument that no other nation can touch our wealth is horribly wrong. Look at what China is doing to their currency in relation to how much we owe them and you should be able to figure out that we are on the edge of disaster. Do you always add or change words in a conversation to make it say what you want so you can make your counter argument? Things would go a lot smoother if you responded to what I actually said.
lol i don't care how many articles there are .. what counts is when they were posted and how credible such articles really are... no you did not say "headquarters" but that is what you implied .. and by default are one in the same ... yah and you still haven't made an attempt to answer my question... why haven't they commited all the jobs if they think it's so profitable? and what retail store is it exactly that you own? maybe next time i'm in town i'll contribute to the economy instead of just taking my food stamps and my welfare checks to walmart.. lol not demonizing your place just stating the common thinking of the republican thought process... i never said i was or was not qualified... but i do know the facts.. and you can also know these facts with a little time and by little i mean minutes of looking for the right answer instead of the answer evryone says is right.. which is usually the right wing HA lol ..i love it lol .. anyways ... yes we are the most wealthiest because we control the ineffectively the world currency lol we print our own money that is used in almost every country on the world......but we do not just print to print .. it is very controlled to regulate how our country and our dollar is precieved... but you might say a euro is worth more than a dollar .. so what .. in the foreign exchange market and international finance a world currency, supranational currency, or global currency refers to a currency that is transacted internationally with no set borders... china and japan both only own alittle over 1T each of our 16T in debt.. so umm yeah i do know how much debt they own .. and yes china is manipulating their currency and sanctions are imposed when they try to undermine other american made jobs.. obama has blocked them from buying oil.. investing in wind farms.. investing in tires.. and others! and it's not that i'm adding words it's that i'm proving that everything you thought was actually happening is in fact not what is really reality itself... and if you think i am doing such things then point them out exactly ... i am responding to almost every uncredible thing you've thought up or repeated.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that raising taxes on those who make $250K per year won't have ANY effect on those in the tax brackets who's taxes won't be affected at all? Many of the "evil" wealthy in this country who make $250K or more are business owners that sell products. Here is the progression of a business owner when taxes are raised. 1st they see where they can cut current costs like cutting business practices that are not needed but are more of a perk for company employees. Then they will have to cut benefits like matching 401K's or healthcare. 2nd they will raise prices on the goods they make. 3rd they will cut the workforce in their company to try to do more with less. 4th they will cut quality to keep costs down. 5th they will have to raise prices again in order to keep up with the added tax burden. Usually, if a company reaches this point, customers are unwilling to pay the higher prices, gross revenues fall, and the company has to close. If a company has to raise prices on its goods to meet the higher tax burden, and the middle and lower class are the ones who buys those products, don't you think that the middle and lower classes will have their incomes not go as far? Raising taxes on the rich has and always will hurt the middle and lower class more than it does the rich that the tax is applied to. Taxes doesn't necessarily mean income taxes. It could be regulation costs or added expenses in bringing a company up to new standards set by government entities such as OSHA or the EPA or other costs like Obamacare. Either way, it is the same as a tax. Speaking of Obamacare, what happens if a lower or middle class individual works for a company that has less employees than is required to offer healthcare? Is that individual going to have to buy health insurance? If that person doesn't buy health insurance, won't there be a tax to pay? Wouldn't that be considered raising taxes on those making less than $250K per year?
i understand what your argument to you may mean ... but ... when you look at what has and is continuing to happen alot of companies are already doing those things .. the US house is ultamitly killing the united states postal service because they don't think there is a need for it and is making it pay billions in retirement funds up front ... and let me tell you that if "corporate" tax rates fall .. that means go down .. that means are cut ... and taxes for people making the money offf of these companies goes up .. that means increase...and tax rates stay the same for those making 250,000 dollars or less are the same.. and we have a marginal tax rate in our country .. then the first 250,000 of their money will be taxed at the current rate..other higher rates will be dertermend at a later date... so what is up with your way of thinking?.. there are VERY few individuals who hit all the income brackets in our tax system... and if those individuals decide that they would rather tank their company then let them... the reality is supply and demand and as long as there is money flowing and people to spend it then if the supply or service goes down in one store .. just go to one that provides you what your looking for.. people are more optomistic about the outlook of the economy now more than in the past few years and that is a good thing .. all top credible sources say that the economy is getting better and is coninuing and that is good news for some people maybe not to republicans because they llike these current tax rates and don't think that our tax system is fair.. but it is a progressive tax system that is very fair.. doesn't allow the greedy to indulge theirselves.. except for in their write offs lol .... no the individual does not have to posses healthcare if you looked at the bill at all it is a "tax" that is not inforced...but that is a whole new debate and one i'd be happy to have.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to be specific, you're obviously not real bright, but assuming you have some high school, you should be able to state your thoughts in such a way that someone would know precisely what you are talking about. You are like a third grader in your accusations and name calling, tell us what you actually mean, ask someone to help you, we won't count off for spelling, grammar or incomplete sentences, just present a logical case.
Here's what logical, you're a DA and I'm sure the "we" you refer to are all DA's too. This area is definitely not one of Bush the Elder's "thousand points of light".

BTW, you remind me of some old retired English teachers son.
Deniece

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Apathethic wrote:
....hate to get dinged for spelling.
yes I no
totally disgusted

Hawkins, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Why don' we take a vote for electrd officials bank accounts to be frozen and have them live on minimum wage for their terms in office? They expect my family to live on it or less. I have a college education and can't find a job as there aren't any due to yhem sending them to other countries. What is wrong with "WE THE PEOPLE" when we pay someone an extreme wage to put us, their employer, on the street?
totally disgusted

Hawkins, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

I can spell, just frustrated and didn't read before submission
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what logical, you're a DA and I'm sure the "we" you refer to are all DA's too. This area is definitely not one of Bush the Elder's "thousand points of light".
BTW, you remind me of some old retired English teachers son.
still waiting for specifics, if you are going to hate everyone that has made better life choices, and that are smarter than you, you are going to have to hate just about everyone. What is not logical is that you never have an argument just a criticism, everyone can say what is wrong their are few of us that fix things.
Reality Check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>lol i don't care how many articles there are .. what counts is when they were posted and how credible such articles really are... no you did not say "headquarters" but that is what you implied .. and by default are one in the same ... yah and you still haven't made an attempt to answer my question... why haven't they commited all the jobs if they think it's so profitable? and what retail store is it exactly that you own? maybe next time i'm in town i'll contribute to the economy instead of just taking my food stamps and my welfare checks to walmart.. lol not demonizing your place just stating the common thinking of the republican thought process... i never said i was or was not qualified... but i do know the facts.. and you can also know these facts with a little time and by little i mean minutes of looking for the right answer instead of the answer evryone says is right.. which is usually the right wing HA lol ..
I never implied anything. I said manufacturing and I meant manufacturing. Where a company manufactures the goods it sells is what determines which country prospers off of their business. We the consumer are the ones that ultimately make those decisions by our purchasing choices. As I have told you before, I am an independent. You keep saying I am right wing because I am speaking against your beloved socialistic democratic party. Please tell me why the articles you find are so right since you have admitted to not being a professional in anything you are talking about. The articles I found on the UK were from UK publications and that is why I said TIFWIW. You do realize that China completely ignores any sanctions placed against them because they know that there is no consequence for doing such. Obama has blocked China from buying American made products you mentioned which actually takes money out of our economy. China simply goes elsewhere to get its goods. So instead of China pumping, lets say,$500 billion into our economy making our bill to them $500 billion, we simply cut them off and still owe $1 trillion. For simplicity lets say China has devalued their currency to half the value of the American dollar. So it has taken $2 trillion Chinese yuán to get us $1 trillion American dollars. Lets say China decides now is the time to manipulate their currency up to twice the value of the dollar. Guess what, we now owe $2 trillion for the $1 trillion we borrowed. And you say that doesn't matter because we are the largest economy in the world. You simply are blind and refuse to look at anything outside of the democratic party prism and you are so brainwashed that nothing anyone says can penetrate the democratic fantasy land sphere you have around you. Your posts, for the most part, make no sense whatsoever because you are asking people to answer your questions in a manner that only fits your views. If they don't then you go after them telling them how stupid and wrong they are. Lastly, what business I own is completely irrelevent to this discussion so I respectfully decline to tell you.
Reality Check

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>i understand what your argument to you may mean ... but ... when you look at what has and is continuing to happen alot of companies are already doing those things .. the US house is ultamitly killing the united states postal service because they don't think there is a need for it and is making it pay billions in retirement funds up front ... and let me tell you that if "corporate" tax rates fall .. that means go down .. that means are cut ... and taxes for people making the money offf of these companies goes up .. that means increase...and tax rates stay the same for those making 250,000 dollars or less are the same.. and we have a marginal tax rate in our country .. then the first 250,000 of their money will be taxed at the current rate..other higher rates will be dertermend at a later date... so what is up with your way of thinking?.. there are VERY few individuals who hit all the income brackets in our tax system... and if those individuals decide that they would rather tank their company then let them... the reality is supply and demand and as long as there is money flowing and people to spend it then if the supply or service goes down in one store .. just go to one that provides you what your looking for.. people are more optomistic about the outlook of the economy now more than in the past few years and that is a good thing .. all top credible sources say that the economy is getting better and is coninuing and that is good news for some people maybe not to republicans because they llike these current tax rates and don't think that our tax system is fair.. but it is a progressive tax system that is very fair.. doesn't allow the greedy to indulge theirselves.. except for in their write offs lol .... no the individual does not have to posses healthcare if you looked at the bill at all it is a "tax" that is not inforced...but that is a whole new debate and one i'd be happy to have.
Look, you obviously don't know anything about how business works and that's ok. Everything you are saying is being filtered through the democratic prism and not how things actually work. It is exactly the reason I refuse to affiliate myself with any party, democratic, republican, green, or tea. When you are affiliated with a specific party, their veiws have a way of being forced on you. This is apparent in all your posts. Your unwillingness to look at any point of view except the democratic point of view is making you look uninformed and completely out of touch. You are talking about business practices to someone who's business has been in business for over 30 years while you seem to have no business experience at all and you are telling me that I have no idea what I'm talking about. Your democratic loyalty on this subject causes you to lose credebility on almost everything else. If you view business in such a incorrect and rigid light then one can probably come to the conclusion that you view everything in that manner. That's not a good thing either. As for your Obama not taxing those making less than $250k per year argument. The CBO said that Obamacare which was sold to the public as a $800 billion dollar bill has been estimated to actually be close to a $3 trillion dollar bill after we had to pass it to know what's in it. The CBO projects that the taxes in Obamacare will hit people making as little as $55K per year and families making as little as $115K. The average tax on Obamacare will be $1600 by 2016. If it is a penalty, you could argue that no taxes would go up, though it would be a very weak argument, but it is labeled as a tax. The trick will be how will Obama classify those individuals as making $250K per year? Or will he just say "This is all Bush's and the republicans fault"? I think the latter is the most likely because Obama has yet to take any responsibility for anything he has caused.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>still waiting for specifics, if you are going to hate everyone that has made better life choices, and that are smarter than you, you are going to have to hate just about everyone. What is not logical is that you never have an argument just a criticism, everyone can say what is wrong their are few of us that fix things.
Their are?
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Their are?
You accused me of being the son of an English teacher, had to show that with effort, I could make errors also. You still haven't addressed you baseless accusations.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 18,001 - 18,020 of27,888
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mark Bradly Arrested 7 hr guest also 2
5 rivers medical center 7 hr hmm 67
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... 10 hr guest 19
motorcycle problem 12 hr casual rider 11
County cops VS city cops (Nov '09) 15 hr look it up 27
bucksnort cabin (Dec '08) 15 hr jo blow 85
looking for 17 hr Chest Brockwell 2
•••
•••