United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>look.. the magic number is still 4t as a goal.. but we will probably fall a little short of that number .. and the numbers i gave you were correct .. but you were not taking in all the underlying changes and factors that have came with time and are still to come.. republicans thank goodness have proposed their bill and now the 2 need to just mesh out their differences and come to a compromise with common ground.. and i garuntee it is not just as black and white as everyone thinks it is .. there are alot of circumstances, consequences, and factors that play into balancing and budgeting any nations economy.. it's not as simple as balancing a bank account
Just so you know, the republican offer is no better than Obama's. It's equally as pathetic and a smoke screen. Again, the politicians know that if they throw out big numbers, reguardless of how long it takes to reach that number, then the public will eat it up and they are right. They even have people like you arguing for them that the formula is too complex for it to be a matter of simple addition and subtraction. Most others have no clue and don't really care as long as they can get through this day without a disaster that takes everything they have. They think that if this day is ok then why would any other day be not ok. It's embarrassing.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally something we can agree on.
For you to agree with me on that is self-loathing on your part.

MY meaning was, my opinion of him is, he is a self righteous,
Republican propaganda believing, wind bag.

Yes, we agree, you do fit into that category.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

dont know nothin wrote:
you cannot have increased revenue without increased taxes so let the compromising begin!!!
Tell that to the British who passed a High Earner surtax similar to what Obama wants. How did it work? According to the British Treasurey:

"The Treasury received £10.35 billion in income tax payments from those paying by self-assessment last month, a drop of £509 million compared with January 2011. Most other taxes produced higher revenues over the same period."

That facts simply don't support your argument...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not, actually put my bet on your hero. People will nearly always vote for the person telling them what they want to hear, not what they need to hear, therefore Obama was a safe bet (for the wager, not the country)
WTF, do the odds have to do with whether or not you made such an asinine prediction?

What is the matter, don't you have enough courage, to give a yes or no answer on an anonymous web site of all places?

BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
For you to agree with me on that is self-loathing on your part.
MY meaning was, my opinion of him is, he is a self righteous,
Republican propaganda believing, wind bag.
Yes, we agree, you do fit into that category.
No, we agree that you have low self esteem and are threatened by anyone you perceive to be smarter so you constantly attack just about everyone. Yes, that is something that we agree on.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, do the odds have to do with whether or not you made such an asinine prediction?
What is the matter, don't you have enough courage, to give a yes or no answer on an anonymous web site of all places?
You are an idiot. It was very clear that I was stating that I never said that Obama would lose the election. You need to stop sniffing the grease in the deep fryers and try to relate to the world around you. I was simply stating that there are a sufficient number of voters such as yourself, that lack the initiative to support themselves and doubt their abilities to make their own decisions and need a government to provide cradle to grave protection. I don't blame you, if you were more capable, you would be more optimistic about your ability to exist without the government doing all things for you. And lucky for you, there are enough of us left to provide for you for awhile longer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the British who passed a High Earner surtax similar to what Obama wants. How did it work? According to the British Treasurey:
"The Treasury received £10.35 billion in income tax payments from those paying by self-assessment last month, a drop of £509 million compared with January 2011. Most other taxes produced higher revenues over the same period."
That facts simply don't support your argument...
Let me break this down for you, notice it said "self-assessment",

"Senior sources said that the first official figures indicated that there had been “maneuvering” by well-off Britons to avoid the new higher rate."

Now, to continue shooting yourself in the foot, your story also says,

"Most other taxes produced higher revenues over the same period"

With that proven fact, there is no evidence that a higher tax rate harmed commerce.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we agree that you have low self esteem and are threatened by anyone you perceive to be smarter so you constantly attack just about everyone. Yes, that is something that we agree on.
You really should seek help for these regular bouts of schizophrenia, you and you, are experiencing.

Do we agree on that?
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should seek help for these regular bouts of schizophrenia, you and you, are experiencing.
Do we agree on that?
Reread your post, does it make sense to you, no one else either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Reread your post, does it make sense to you, no one else either.
It did, and still does make sense to me, obviously it went right over your head.

Would you like for me to explain it to you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. It was very clear that I was stating that I never said that Obama would lose the election. You need to stop sniffing the grease in the deep fryers and try to relate to the world around you. I was simply stating that there are a sufficient number of voters such as yourself, that lack the initiative to support themselves and doubt their abilities to make their own decisions and need a government to provide cradle to grave protection. I don't blame you, if you were more capable, you would be more optimistic about your ability to exist without the government doing all things for you. And lucky for you, there are enough of us left to provide for you for awhile longer.
So, your answer is "NO" you did not post on this thread a prediction Romney would win the election, is that correct, yes or no?
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your answer is "NO" you did not post on this thread a prediction Romney would win the election, is that correct, yes or no?
You are dense, I did not. You can beat a dead horse all day, can't you? I am sure that you are going to go back through the last several thousand posts to make a point, so please give me the post number and the IP address from whence it originated. If you were to spend your time being productive, you too could be successful and someone else would be filtering the deep fryer.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
It did, and still does make sense to me, obviously it went right over your head.
Would you like for me to explain it to you?
You seldom make sense, please enlighten us.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we agree on that?
A mind and a life are a terrible things to waste.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
You seldom make sense, please enlighten us.
Quote;

No,(we) agree that you have low self esteem and are threatened by anyone you perceive to be smarter so you constantly attack just about everyone. Yes, that is something that (we) agree on.

I do not beleive a word of that, therfore the "we" you keep refering to must be one of your multi personalties you experince in your schizoprenic state.
Lisa

Hardy, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Hurricane Sandy (hats off to whoever wrote this)

As you know, America is the first country to send aid when other
countries are in trouble.

It is highly appropriate that we now send THANKS to all of the
countries that reciprocated for our help with their disasters,
misgivings, social turmoil, & poverty by sending to the United States
of America monetary and physical help when Sandy ravaged our East
Coast leaving dead, homelessness, and pure disaster.

Listed below are all the Countries and World Organizations that are
giving us gracious assistance. Please assist in thanking these
entities by passing on this email so people all over America can join
in and THANK our neighbors, to whom we have invested BILLIONS!!!!

First on the list is…

NONE

Maybe now Americans will realize that charity begins at home. With
millions of our people in need and in poverty, let's save our money
and spend it at home instead of sending it to Egypt, Libya,
Pakistan, etc........Staten Island and parts of New Jersey would gladly
thank America if we spent the billions there.....

Did you hear that Mooshell?? And the HNIC?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dense, I did not. You can beat a dead horse all day, can't you? I am sure that you are going to go back through the last several thousand posts to make a point, so please give me the post number and the IP address from whence it originated. If you were to spend your time being productive, you too could be successful and someone else would be filtering the deep fryer.
"I did not"

See there I got you to do exactly what I wanted you to do all along,give me a yes or no answer.

Now what other hoops can I have you jump through for my entertainment, I will let you know when I think of something..

Thank you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW- never really thought of you as a "dead horse" but if that is how you choose to identify yourself, IM cool with it.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh it is that simple. Politicians just make it more complex than that. You simply predict the revenue based on previous years, prioritize spending, if there is not enough revenue to account for all spending either adjust spending levels to fit more programs in or simply cut programs out all together that are not absolutely necessary. If more revenue is taken in than is anticipated, you simply look to add some of the fringe programs that didn't make the cut in the previous year. It's exactly like a business budget. Now, I understand that is not the way it happens now. Politicians face way too many hands that are being held out looking for kickback pieces of legislation for their cause or state or whatever. It's not the politicians money anyway so they don't care. If it was their money, we wouldn't be in the spot we are in.
kinda .. but with our debt the way it is no new programs will be inacted i beleive since obamacare was already proposed and actually was a good idea since we are one of the last industrialized nations in the world to have some sort of universal healthcare... next i beleive dems will propose paid maternal leave for child bearing mothers .. in which case we would be one of the last industrialized nations in the world to enact that proposal into law as well.. but i do not support that idea untill we come to an equal agreement on a balanced budget and only after we have paid back a majority of our debt and are headed into the right direction..it's almost like balancing a business budget .. but with alooot more factors involved.. considering you cannot just hire and fire people or progams that may be harmful to your business without popular vote or some compromise.. so in a way it's the laws for how the free market works but doesn't work the same as the free market.. if that makes sense .. and i must agree wholeheartedly with your last couple of statements if more politicians, primarily republicans, cared more about their country as a whole rather than who's gonna support them in their next primary or what kind of benefits they are gonna recieve for their state from the government so that their state budget improves and they get a raise.. then the whole country would be better off.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know, the republican offer is no better than Obama's. It's equally as pathetic and a smoke screen. Again, the politicians know that if they throw out big numbers, reguardless of how long it takes to reach that number, then the public will eat it up and they are right. They even have people like you arguing for them that the formula is too complex for it to be a matter of simple addition and subtraction. Most others have no clue and don't really care as long as they can get through this day without a disaster that takes everything they have. They think that if this day is ok then why would any other day be not ok. It's embarrassing.
one was far left.. the other far right.. so each one would compromise in the middle .. if that makes sense .. ever bargain with anyone ?.. you don't automatically start negotiating from the middle .. then you are in a weaker position am i not right?.. and yes the formula is more complex... if it wasn't then why would they have accounting, business, political science and economics degrees?.. why send anyone to school who is a politician if they can balance a checkbook surely they can balance the most powerful nation in the world's budget right?... lol get real .. but i must agree with your way of thinking on just how the general populus thinks because it's almost spot on ... alot of people are gullable and i'm glad to see someone out there who is not falling into that bracket cudos good sir cudos to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Funeral Home 1 hr Lana 75
chicken house 1 hr guest 5
riverside 2 hr riverside worker 6
mcnabb funeral home 3 hr richard head 12
Rhonda Neece 3 hr richard head 7
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 10 hr heather 1,763
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 13 hr Guest 37
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE