Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Give them just enough to get by but not enough to where they don't need them. It looks like they've settled in on 8% unemployment as the right amount to where they can continue their exploitation of the middle class.
You been watching "The Men Who Made America"?
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

It Is Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your scenarios are the common causes for abortion. Even the atheist have life so this isn't really a religion issue. If you take all the women each year that have an abortion because of rape, incest or health reasons, you probably couldn't fill a bus. There are so many things in this country that I am not allowed to make a choice on, I wonder why I would be allowed to choose to end someone else's life.
really, so if they are the most common cause which means that a majority of abortions are caused by these means then what's the big deal? i just stated a fact ...is that so hard for you to take in... and when you take away freedom of choice and impose your own beleifs which are mostly accompanied by religion then YES this does become a religous issue... before roe vs wade and abortion was made leagal over 10,000 women a year died from those reasons...... and just what things are you not allowed to make a choice on here in america... and if abortion is made illegal that's just what you will be doing is making a choice to end someones life.the implementation of obamacare and the offering free contraceptive coverage has dropped the abortion rate in this country so that should be looked at as a positive by both sides.
Churmudgeon

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
You been watching "The Men Who Made America"?
Yep it was a good program. The depression in Arkansas didnt end until Orvil Fabus got the Boot and a decendent of John D Rockefeller was elected govenor. Winthrop Rockefeller spent a lot of his own money to improve the state.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>Dems want don't want unemployment to be so high to be rightly blamed for it but don't want it to be too low to where people don't think they need them. Dems treat people like mob bosses treat their workers. Give them just enough to get by but not enough to where they don't need them. It looks like they've settled in on 8% unemployment as the right amount to where they can continue their exploitation of the middle class.
looks like someones been watching too many episodes of mobb bosses ... grow up and join the real world.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Yep it was a good program. The depression in Arkansas didnt end until Orvil Fabus got the Boot and a decendent of John D Rockefeller was elected govenor. Winthrop Rockefeller spent a lot of his own money to improve the state.
Only Republican I've ever voted for, still have a couple of his campaign stickers. Great man for our State at the time and the first local politician I became interest in. WR truly served the best interests of the people of Arkansas.

Orval Faubus was a crook, built himself a very expensive 7,000 sq. ft. mansion in Huntsville, not the shack seen on postcards, while making 10 thousand bucks a year as governor.

http://thecabin.net/stories/110903/loc_110903...

Later
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

For Governor I voted for Rockefeller. I also voted for the White boy.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Before rockefeller The high school students in most places had to buy their own school books, they where old out of date passed down and bartered & sold to the next grade, There wheren enough for all the baby boomers to have a book they had to share. rockefeller asked the legislature to fund the school books they refused. so the rockefeller foundiation bought new up to date school books for every student in arkansas. Winthrop Rockefeller paid to build many of our state parks. He cleaned up the gambling and Mob activity in hot springs. He cleaned up the corruption in the state police. I met him and talked my parents into voting for him. Dad was a yellow dog democrat. I became a republican because of Rockefeller.
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Only Republican I've ever voted for, still have a couple of his campaign stickers. Great man for our State at the time and the first local politician I became interest in. WR truly served the best interests of the people of Arkansas.
Orval Faubus was a crook, built himself a very expensive 7,000 sq. ft. mansion in Huntsville, not the shack seen on postcards, while making 10 thousand bucks a year as governor.
http://thecabin.net/stories/110903/loc_110903...
Later
Fabus couldnt live on his meager govenors pension, He had to take a job as bank teller at the Huntsville bank,. Rockefeller had enough of his own money he didnt need to steal from the citizens,
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Old Army wrote:
For Governor I voted for Rockefeller. I also voted for the White boy.
Racist....
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

No I'm not a racist but you are a dumbass Billy Bob. I was referring to Frank White, the second Republican Governor since reconstruction. I also voted for Dale Bumpers, an unknown lawyer from Charleston, Arkansas, one of the Democrats that wasn't a GOB at the time.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Oh, and I voted for Bill Clinton, our first black president according to a prominent civil rights leader, before I voted against him.
Old Timer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Churmudgeon wrote:
Before rockefeller The high school students in most places had to buy their own school books, they where old out of date passed down and bartered & sold to the next grade, There wheren enough for all the baby boomers to have a book they had to share. rockefeller asked the legislature to fund the school books they refused. so the rockefeller foundiation bought new up to date school books for every student in arkansas. Winthrop Rockefeller paid to build many of our state parks. He cleaned up the gambling and Mob activity in hot springs. He cleaned up the corruption in the state police. I met him and talked my parents into voting for him. Dad was a yellow dog democrat. I became a republican because of Rockefeller.
Most of us bought our high school text books until around 1970
Reality Check

Alexander, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

dont know nothin wrote:
I see what the "plan" is but why do YOU believe it. There has been no budget in 4 years so how do you delegate spending? You know how much you are set to take in revenue (roughly $1.3 trillion) yet spending will far outpace that number by $1.4 trillion. I want to know, from you, how the extra $80 billion will offset the deficit. Simply pointing to someone elses document makes you look like you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
dont know nothin

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what the "plan" is but why do YOU believe it. There has been no budget in 4 years so how do you delegate spending? You know how much you are set to take in revenue (roughly $1.3 trillion) yet spending will far outpace that number by $1.4 trillion. I want to know, from you, how the extra $80 billion will offset the deficit. Simply pointing to someone elses document makes you look like you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
i believe it because i believe all the independant researchers, analyst, and journelist, which they figure to come up to about 40 billion dollars short which is a drop in the bucket over 10 years... look i do not buy into fear mongoring or telling someone they are wrong just because i don't want to take the time to crunch all the numbers ... all these sources are very credible that have crunched these numbers over and over and over... i already have a full time job i don't wanna spend hours figuring taxes... what i do know .. like i've said... is that taxes for people making 250,000 dollars will have the same rate as today... that's a fact... because 1. obama won the electorial vote 336-206 2. obama won the popular vote by over a million people maybe more i haven't checked 3. democrats picked up 2 seats and 2 indpendants and had 21 seats up for grabs while repubilcans lost 2 seats and only had 10 up for grabs... 4. democrats won the majority percentage of the house race total vote .. but due to gerrymanderd redistricting caused by the 2010 census republicans had enough seats to hold onto the majority... 3 out of 4 is enough "political capitol" to not need to compromise much , but dems are waiting on house republicans to come to the table since that's where all revenue bills originate... but they will probably stall like they did last time and raise the credit rating again ... and yet again commit treason they wont be held accountable for... several house republicans are even seeing the light but i bet bohener reigns them in... it's a sick and twisted world when a elected official loves his own party more than country that got them elected.
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Old Army wrote:
No I'm not a racist but you are a dumbass Billy Bob. I was referring to Frank White, the second Republican Governor since reconstruction. I also voted for Dale Bumpers, an unknown lawyer from Charleston, Arkansas, one of the Democrats that wasn't a GOB at the time.
Then why didn't you just say that??? Nope your a racist and that was your meaning and intent by making that comment..... Now your being chicken sh*t about it and trying to back out of what you said. Be a man and stand by what you say or say nothing. You would get more credibility and respect that way.
Old Timer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Then why didn't you just say that??? Nope your a racist and that was your meaning and intent by making that comment..... Now your being chicken sh*t about it and trying to back out of what you said. Be a man and stand by what you say or say nothing. You would get more credibility and respect that way.
With a name like Billy Bob, you have to be smart. Listen to Pld Army, you will learn something.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

It Is Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, I have not spent any time any mental health facilities, but would you have had it not been court ordered? Would you think that as mantas 2% of abortions are done for the reasons that causes that you are mentioning? I would think that 98% are performed for the convenience of the woman. I realize that you seem no need for personal responsibility.
Well Old Timer, the world is passing us by, it won't matter what you and I think much longer. Our petty differences got us into the mess, now we try to pretend it's somebodies else fault.
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Old Timer wrote:
<quoted text>
With a name like Billy Bob, you have to be smart. Listen to Pld Army, you will learn something.
That's it??? You can only find fault in my user name??? I must have been right on the context for my comment of exposing you as a racist.

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text> i believe it because i believe all the independant researchers, analyst, and journelist, which they figure to come up to about 40 billion dollars short which is a drop in the bucket over 10 years... look i do not buy into fear mongoring or telling someone they are wrong just because i don't want to take the time to crunch all the numbers ... all these sources are very credible that have crunched these numbers over and over and over... i already have a full time job i don't wanna spend hours figuring taxes... what i do know .. like i've said... is that taxes for people making 250,000 dollars will have the same rate as today... that's a fact... because 1. obama won the electorial vote 336-206 2. obama won the popular vote by over a million people maybe more i haven't checked 3. democrats picked up 2 seats and 2 indpendants and had 21 seats up for grabs while repubilcans lost 2 seats and only had 10 up for grabs... 4. democrats won the majority percentage of the house race total vote .. but due to gerrymanderd redistricting caused by the 2010 census republicans had enough seats to hold onto the majority... 3 out of 4 is enough "political capitol" to not need to compromise much , but dems are waiting on house republicans to come to the table since that's where all revenue bills originate... but they will probably stall like they did last time and raise the credit rating again ... and yet again commit treason they wont be held accountable for... several house republicans are even seeing the light but i bet bohener reigns them in... it's a sick and twisted world when a elected official loves his own party more than country that got them elected.
Your name fits you perfectly. You really don't know nuthin...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>That's it??? You can only find fault in my user name??? I must have been right on the context for my comment of exposing you as a racist.
IM like you Bill Bob, if the best they can do in the way of a response, is ad hominem attacks, shows they do not have a leg to stand on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 1 hr caller 257
Sarah Pratt (Mar '12) 2 hr get real 24
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 3 hr Knock knock 827
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) 3 hr Knock knock 407
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Knock knock 1,762
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 3 hr Knock knock 214
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 3 hr Knock knock 375
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••