Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,090 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18620 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Holidays to you too, you grumpy ole fart.
Grumpy because, he along with his internet sidekicks have a agenda.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OiRvxQPnOeE/UDS8WHj...
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#18621 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what does a "practical manner" explanation consist of?
How it applies to everyday people's lives and not just on a piece of paper from the CBO or a web page from a liberal blogger. For example, the liberal left says we haven't spent enough, that their models show this is the best way to get America running and prosperous again. Ask the American people what would happen to them if they spent more than twice their income each and every year. What would they say? Or ask Americans how prosperous they feel after four years of running the country and if they think we need to ramp up spending. It's a complete and total disconnect with the only ones getting wealthier and more secure being the politicians, reguardless of party, and their cronies and the only ones suffering being the tax payers who are losing more of their disposable income. Those on welfare, wic, ssi, and food stamps are also getting hurt by rising prices but they don't know it because the liberals have them believing that all of their problems are someone elses fault. They also think that Obama is going to bring them right out of poverty with someone elses money. Not going to happen.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18622 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want me to dumb it down so you can understand it?
That is the problem arguing with idiots', they attempt to bring you down to their level.
I want you to show that you understand it, and we seldom get down to your level, but thanks for pointing out if we approach it.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18623 Nov 25, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Blarney the Thurd, name me a time when this Country had full employment.
And yet we have more unemployed than anytime in our history, quite a leader you have there.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18624 Nov 25, 2012
BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet we have more unemployed than anytime in our history, quite a leader you have there.
As usual, playing around with the numbers.

Take Herbert Hoover for instance, the President following two previous Republican Presidents and their reckless pandering to Big Business which directly led to the Great Depression...you know, the depression Hoover resided over that featured a sparkling 30% unemployment rate among workers in America...you know, the depression that shook the world economy so drastically, and especially Germany (50% unemployment), that led to a little known right-wing splinter group (Nazi) assuming power.

But..Butt..Butt you say there are more workers out of work, and the world is in a much more critical situation than then.

Only if you disregard population increase (and UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE 7'S), the well fed gut hanging over your belt and by continually insisting the skies falling do you clowns seemingly justify your warped vision while over 50% of Americans reject your same ole, same ole philosophy.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18625 Nov 25, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, playing around with the numbers.
Take Herbert Hoover for instance, the President following two previous Republican Presidents and their reckless pandering to Big Business which directly led to the Great Depression...you know, the depression Hoover resided over that featured a sparkling 30% unemployment rate among workers in America...you know, the depression that shook the world economy so drastically, and especially Germany (50% unemployment), that led to a little known right-wing splinter group (Nazi) assuming power.
But..Butt..Butt you say there are more workers out of work, and the world is in a much more critical situation than then.
Only if you disregard population increase (and UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE 7'S), the well fed gut hanging over your belt and by continually insisting the skies falling do you clowns seemingly justify your warped vision while over 50% of Americans reject your same ole, same ole philosophy.
But Hoover didn't spend my grand children's future to not produce jobs. I will agree that we under Nazi like conditions, surprised you brought that up.
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#18626 Nov 25, 2012
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
English is your second language? I doubt if you spent a lot of time looking for work, don't doubt that you were e employed. Google your statements, come back with a fact.
So you say ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE? What is my first? I am not going to GOODLE MY STATEMENTS, I am just going to GIGGLE like I have be doing since the election. Face it AMERICA spoke up and said WE WANT OBAMA NOT ROMNEY. I am still so HAPPY,HAPPY, HAPPY every time some of you answer to my post it just make me MORE HAPPIER. Must go for the week and go collect my WELFARE CHECK. BYE.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18627 Nov 26, 2012
BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree that we under Nazi like conditions, surprised you brought that up.
Just further proves just how out of touch most of you right-wingers really are.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#18628 Nov 26, 2012
Willie Granville wrote:
<quoted text>So you say ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE? What is my first? I am not going to GOODLE MY STATEMENTS, I am just going to GIGGLE like I have be doing since the election. Face it AMERICA spoke up and said WE WANT OBAMA NOT ROMNEY. I am still so HAPPY,HAPPY, HAPPY every time some of you answer to my post it just make me MORE HAPPIER. Must go for the week and go collect my WELFARE CHECK. BYE.
We elected Nixon, Johnson and Carter also, there are a lot of you out there.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18629 Nov 26, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, playing around with the numbers.
Take Herbert Hoover for instance, the President following two previous Republican Presidents and their reckless pandering to Big Business which directly led to the Great Depression...you know, the depression Hoover resided over that featured a sparkling 30% unemployment rate among workers in America...you know, the depression that shook the world economy so drastically, and especially Germany (50% unemployment), that led to a little known right-wing splinter group (Nazi) assuming power.
But..Butt..Butt you say there are more workers out of work, and the world is in a much more critical situation than then.
Only if you disregard population increase (and UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE 7'S), the well fed gut hanging over your belt and by continually insisting the skies falling do you clowns seemingly justify your warped vision while over 50% of Americans reject your same ole, same ole philosophy.
For that post, I offer you a standing ovation, Redd.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18630 Nov 26, 2012
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
We elected Nixon, Johnson and Carter also, there are a lot of you out there.
Nixon ???

Should you not have said, there are a lot of US out there ?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18631 Nov 26, 2012
BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
But Hoover didn't spend my grand children's future to not produce jobs. I will agree that we under Nazi like conditions, surprised you brought that up.
I have a little history lesson for you here slick, consensus among historians is that Hoover's defeat in the 1932 election was caused primarily by his failure to end the downward economic spiral.

However if you did have some rich forefathers he may have spent your inheritance because he increased the top tax bracket from 25% to 63% and increased corporate taxes.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18632 Nov 26, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a little history lesson for you here slick, consensus among historians is that Hoover's defeat in the 1932 election was caused primarily by his failure to end the downward economic spiral.
However if you did have some rich forefathers he may have spent your inheritance because he increased the top tax bracket from 25% to 63% and increased corporate taxes.
And that increase sure jumped started the economy, I guess Obama is using Hoover economic strategies. You guys will do anything to keep from being productive.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18633 Nov 26, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
For that post, I offer you a standing ovation, Redd.
Ever notice that you spend most of your time congratulating your alter ego?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18634 Nov 26, 2012
BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
And that increase sure jumped started the economy, I guess Obama is using Hoover economic strategies. You guys will do anything to keep from being productive.
Not to smart are you?

The Hoover Dam, tariffs such as the Smoot-Hawley Tariff, initiatives did not produce economic recovery during his term, but served as the groundwork for various policies incorporated in Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal.

You folks like to brag about Ronald Reagan, would you care for me to educate you on how many times Saint Ronnie raised taxes, and after all those tax increases, he still managed to increase the national debt by a whopping 189%



Ronald Reagan: Took office January 1981. Total debt:$848 billion. Left office January 1989. Total debt:$2,698 billion.


Seems to me another president raised taxes also, a Democrat named Bill Clinton, and left office with a budget surplus and only a 37% increase in debt.

OH-No the Bush Tax cuts, Medicare part D, Iraq war, Afghani war, Bank bailouts, Auto bail out, etc ..........

He leaves office with a 86% increase in debt.





Tell me again about the benefits of a Republican lead economy'


Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18635 Nov 26, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to smart are you?
The Hoover Dam, tariffs such as the Smoot-Hawley Tariff, initiatives did not produce economic recovery during his term, but served as the groundwork for various policies incorporated in Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal.
You folks like to brag about Ronald Reagan, would you care for me to educate you on how many times Saint Ronnie raised taxes, and after all those tax increases, he still managed to increase the national debt by a whopping 189%
Ronald Reagan: Took office January 1981. Total debt:$848 billion. Left office January 1989. Total debt:$2,698 billion.
Seems to me another president raised taxes also, a Democrat named Bill Clinton, and left office with a budget surplus and only a 37% increase in debt.
OH-No the Bush Tax cuts, Medicare part D, Iraq war, Afghani war, Bank bailouts, Auto bail out, etc ..........
He leaves office with a 86% increase in debt.
Tell me again about the benefits of a Republican lead economy'
Speaking of Bush, I should throw this in as well..........

The country was bleeding jobs at a rate not seen since the Great Depression — 818,000 jobs lost in January 2009 alone.(All before Obama took office on the 20th — the BLS measures payrolls as of the week containing the 12th day of the month.) All told, the economy had lost nearly 4.5 million jobs in the year before Obama became president.
,,,,,,,,,,

In stark contrast to the jobs market, the stock market has recovered much faster under Obama. The markets had gone into a nose dive in October 2007, triggered by the collapse of the housing bubble and the subsequent banking crisis. They continued to plunge during the worst economic recession since the Great Depression, which began in December 2007. Unlike the job market, stocks had nearly hit bottom by the time Obama took office, and they started to rise soon after.

Since January 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 70 percent, the Standard & Poor’s 500 index is up 81 percent, and the NASDAQ composite index (heavy with tech stocks) is up 119 percent. Although none has quite regained the historic highs reached in 2007, the gains have brightened the retirement prospects of millions of Americans who invest through 401(k) and similar tax-deferred plans, compared with the dark days of early 2009.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18636 Nov 26, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to smart are you?
The Hoover Dam, tariffs such as the Smoot-Hawley Tariff, initiatives did not produce economic recovery during his term, but served as the groundwork for various policies incorporated in Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal.
You folks like to brag about Ronald Reagan, would you care for me to educate you on how many times Saint Ronnie raised taxes, and after all those tax increases, he still managed to increase the national debt by a whopping 189%
Ronald Reagan: Took office January 1981. Total debt:$848 billion. Left office January 1989. Total debt:$2,698 billion.
Seems to me another president raised taxes also, a Democrat named Bill Clinton, and left office with a budget surplus and only a 37% increase in debt.
OH-No the Bush Tax cuts, Medicare part D, Iraq war, Afghani war, Bank bailouts, Auto bail out, etc ..........
He leaves office with a 86% increase in debt.
Tell me again about the benefits of a Republican lead economy'
you bring up Reagan, you just can't bring up Obama, can't get much lower. Most economist during Clinton's years were comparing his administration to the roaring 20's and most saw the bust that was coming.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18637 Nov 26, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Bush, I should throw this in as well..........
The country was bleeding jobs at a rate not seen since the Great Depression — 818,000 jobs lost in January 2009 alone.(All before Obama took office on the 20th — the BLS measures payrolls as of the week containing the 12th day of the month.) All told, the economy had lost nearly 4.5 million jobs in the year before Obama became president.
,,,,,,,,,,
In stark contrast to the jobs market, the stock market has recovered much faster under Obama. The markets had gone into a nose dive in October 2007, triggered by the collapse of the housing bubble and the subsequent banking crisis. They continued to plunge during the worst economic recession since the Great Depression, which began in December 2007. Unlike the job market, stocks had nearly hit bottom by the time Obama took office, and they started to rise soon after.
Since January 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is up 70 percent, the Standard & Poor’s 500 index is up 81 percent, and the NASDAQ composite index (heavy with tech stocks) is up 119 percent. Although none has quite regained the historic highs reached in 2007, the gains have brightened the retirement prospects of millions of Americans who invest through 401(k) and similar tax-deferred plans, compared with the dark days of early 2009.
And the stock market is making how much money for the middle class? Your McD stock might earn you a dividend, but then you want to tax it at a higher rate, but really you need to filtering deep fryers and cut and paste items that you know something about. We will wait while you try to find something that you actually comprehend.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18638 Nov 26, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you must have read the wrong post. Nothing you said applied to my post. I would though, like a response, if you have one. I have been trying to find answers to the questions I asked you for a long time. Every liberal that answers seems to go from one talking point to another without answering anything. If you plan to do the same thing, please let me know so I can quit wasting my time. The questions I asked you and others are fair and legitimate. Heck, I will even take "I don't want to answer that" as your answer. At least that way I will know you either don't have an answer or you know you are on the wrong side of those issues. Look, I'm not running you or anyone else down, I even gave the Democrats credit where credit is due in that they ARE more passionate about their cause and they do know how to shape the argument on social issues in their favor with voters. All I want is for some liberal to give me forcasted statistics that will explain how and when America will succeed with their policies. I know it can't be done, I just want someone to try because we will have time to see how it plays out. So lets see it. BTW I never said that I was one of the ultra wealthy because I'm not. I would like to see what it is like to be one of the ultra wealthy, and maybe someday after Obama is gone (if he ever leaves office), I will.
look if you would ask some factual based questions that make sense instead of conspiracy theories thrown out there by the right wing social media then they might be worth answering but ... you have yet to do so ... if you look over time republicans decrease job growth with rare exceptions such as reagan... we have tried bush's way for 12 years now, as far as taxes are concerend, and how has that worked out?...you were sticking up for the greedy people by yes defending their tax rates... ya know if someone pays in 5,000 a year in federal and state income taxes ... do you get all of that money back?... NO ... so for everyone saying that middle and low income earners pay little to no income taxes is False!!!...they only take that into consideration the amount of dollars that are paid in... when you look at someone making 50 million dollars and they pay 15 percent and your only making 50000 a year and paying 40 percent then something is wrong with that picture.... period.... don't try to tell me it's not because your not one of the 50million dollar income earners so you do not have to prove anything to me so why do you think this is so wrong that they pay their fair share of taxes when the country is in need?... millionaires over the decades have paid millions of dollars in extra contributions when the country was in need... and i applaud them for that .. but when bush gets in here suddenly we are all on our own and we are going to war with no way to pay for it and no plan too? what's wrong with this picture?... ignorance ...so quit defending a party who is at complete odds with itself and there are many republicans that beleive the same thing just too afraid to switch parties because they are making mad money from all of the special interest donations on their side of the isle...so don't play quoy with igsignificant facts... learn how the tax system works and how it is supposed to be designed to help everyone... you give millionairs or other people an option to pay taxes and i garuntee nooone would.. then what ... no elected officials.. no appointed officials... no pollice, firefighters, school teachers, no roads, bridges, sidewalks, federal courts or prisons? i mean what kind of caos do you republicans want?..... quit trying to change the policies and entitlements that have helped this country grow and work on fixing the bad ones ... that's what the democrats do and that's what any elected official should do
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18639 Nov 26, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I am not a Republican, nor would I ever be. I am proudly an independent. Nobody said greed and ignorance have a place but lets not pretend they don't exist. It should not be up to the government to police work ethic and success. People who get free money end up just like stray cats that people start to feed. After a while those cats stop hunting for themselves because they know there are free daily meal(s). They simply show up and eat. Obviously, there are those that will break the mold but the percentage gets smaller the longer the free meal is given. It's called the path of least resistance and there is not a living creature that is immune to it.
if the government did not take the place of policing that then who would?... and your analogy with the stray cats is completely false ... i agree with repubs push to make everyone do drug tests that receive welfare because those abusers ultimatley abuse everything and make everyone seem bad that run into hard times instead of pushing themseleves to get off welfare... so cannot classify a few bad apples as the whole bunch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
preachers pay 55 min Barton Farley 6
Cops on mockingbird 5 hr Lawyer 3
Deer Hunting an the law 8 hr Lawyer 105
hwy. 115 salvage yard 16 hr guest 5
Duck Hunting 23 hr Don m 14
not so happy holidays Wed tired of death 4
Farting preachers (Dec '11) Wed concerned 6
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:58 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:58PM
Rams defense expects Chris Long back this week - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:04 PM
Chris Long appears likely to return for Rams this week
NBC Sports 5:57 AM
Report: Indy ready for "remote possibility" of Rams game moving
NBC Sports 9:35 AM
NFL: Rams-Raiders will remain in St. Louis
Bleacher Report12:08 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Raiders vs. Rams