6,088 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#18598 Nov 25, 2012
You fisheyed fool. You meant goggle and you know it. You're just a run of the mill piece of shit. lol
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18599 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
www.wnd.com/.../this-is-how-obama-will-comple... -...
Need I say more?
do so if you must, but it sure makes you look stupid.
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#18601 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
The Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, was signed into law on February 13, 2008 by President Bush.
President Bush on Wednesday signed the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, calling it a "booster shot" for the American economy.
"The bill I'm signing today is large enough to have an impact, amounting to more than $152 billion this year, or about 1 percent of the GDP (gross domestic product)," the president said in the brief ceremony in the East Room of the White House.
The government hopes the measure, which will send most Americans tax rebate checks by May, will either prevent a recession or make one relatively brief.
We all know how that turned out. Obama, knowing how the Bush stimulus turned out, doubled down with a stimulus of his own. It helped the economy less than the bank bailout did. Maybe because so much of that stimulus was used for everything but job creation. You can see the breakdown of how the stimulus was spent @ http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/fundingo... . The general breakdown is $290.7 billion for tax benefits. I can somewhat understand this because the more of our money we get to keep, the more money we spend.$245.6 billion for contracts, grants, and loans. This one is iffy for me because things like financial aid for education would not be needed if our higher education system wasn't just a gravy train for professors to coast to the end of their careers. Other things like loans to "green" energy companies is a no no because businesses need to have the threat of failure and loss of capital in order to put forth only the things they know will work. As it stands now, companies can and are just throwing things against the wall hoping something will work because they know if it doesn't work, it wasn't their money anyway. The last thing is $237.2 billion on entitlements. This one is just ridiculous and everything in here could have been left out because it simply allows those receiving benefits not get in a hurry to make themselves self sustaining and many simply make a lifestyle of entitlements. The only one that may be ok is the agriculture payments for when disasters destroy crops. While foster care and adoption is a good cause, I'm not sure how many jobs it creates, which that is what this "stimulus" was designed for.
Even worse is that there is talk of another stimulus. With the failure of the Bush stimulus AND the failure of the first Obama stimulus, one would think Obama would try something else to stimulate the economy. My guess is he will go back to the stimulus well a third time and the results, at best, will equal the failure of the Jobs Recovery Act. In reality, the debt we will incur from another stimulus will actually make things worse for America. That is the last thing we need right now.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#18602 Nov 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know how that turned out. Obama, knowing how the Bush stimulus turned out, doubled down with a stimulus of his own. It helped the economy less than the bank bailout did. Maybe because so much of that stimulus was used for everything but job creation. You can see the breakdown of how the stimulus was spent @ http://www.recovery.gov/Transparency/fundingo... . The general breakdown is $290.7 billion for tax benefits. I can somewhat understand this because the more of our money we get to keep, the more money we spend.$245.6 billion for contracts, grants, and loans. This one is iffy for me because things like financial aid for education would not be needed if our higher education system wasn't just a gravy train for professors to coast to the end of their careers. Other things like loans to "green" energy companies is a no no because businesses need to have the threat of failure and loss of capital in order to put forth only the things they know will work. As it stands now, companies can and are just throwing things against the wall hoping something will work because they know if it doesn't work, it wasn't their money anyway. The last thing is $237.2 billion on entitlements. This one is just ridiculous and everything in here could have been left out because it simply allows those receiving benefits not get in a hurry to make themselves self sustaining and many simply make a lifestyle of entitlements. The only one that may be ok is the agriculture payments for when disasters destroy crops. While foster care and adoption is a good cause, I'm not sure how many jobs it creates, which that is what this "stimulus" was designed for.
Even worse is that there is talk of another stimulus. With the failure of the Bush stimulus AND the failure of the first Obama stimulus, one would think Obama would try something else to stimulate the economy. My guess is he will go back to the stimulus well a third time and the results, at best, will equal the failure of the Jobs Recovery Act. In reality, the debt we will incur from another stimulus will actually make things worse for America. That is the last thing we need right now.
This stimulus led to both GDP and job growth benefits. As of the second quarter of 2010, CEA estimates that in total ARRA has saved and created between 2.5 and 3.6 million jobs. CEA also finds that ARRA has
Raised the level of GDP as of the second quarter of 2010, relative to what it otherwise would have been, by between 2.7 and 3.2 percent.

Council of Economic Advisors (CEA)
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA).
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18603 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
This stimulus led to both GDP and job growth benefits. As of the second quarter of 2010, CEA estimates that in total ARRA has saved and created between 2.5 and 3.6 million jobs. CEA also finds that ARRA has
Raised the level of GDP as of the second quarter of 2010, relative to what it otherwise would have been, by between 2.7 and 3.2 percent.
And you really believe that. We must have full employment.

Location hidden

#18604 Nov 25, 2012
Old Army wrote:
You fisheyed fool. You meant goggle and you know it. You're just a run of the mill piece of shit. lol
Happy Holidays to you too, you grumpy ole fart.
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#18605 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's why the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act wasn't as shovel ready as the Obama administration thought.
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18606 Nov 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that's why the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act wasn't as shovel ready as the Obama administration thought.
If you want to have some fun, have Barn explain what all that means

United States

#18607 Nov 25, 2012
Yes
guest5678

United States

#18608 Nov 25, 2012
Yep I voted
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#18609 Nov 25, 2012
BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to have some fun, have Barn explain what all that means
He won't. He never has explained any liberal position in a practical manner.

Location hidden

#18610 Nov 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I would guess it was not'

"President Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness met today in Durham, NC at Cree Inc., a company that manufactures energy-efficient LED lighting. One of the Council's recommendations to President Obama was to streamline the federal permit process for construction and infrastructure projects. It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for "months to years ... and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned ... I'm sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges." At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." The Council, led by GE's Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter."

Location hidden

#18611 Nov 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>

Please tell me what does a "practical manner" explanation consist of?
BarneyIII

Jonesboro, AR

#18612 Nov 25, 2012
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me what does a "practical manner" explanation consist of?
Probably just good enough that we could half way believe that you understand the terminology.

Location hidden

#18613 Nov 25, 2012
BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably just good enough that we could half way believe that you understand the terminology.
So you want me to dumb it down so you can understand it?

That is the problem arguing with idiots', they attempt to bring you down to their level.
I am old enough

West Memphis, AR

#18614 Nov 25, 2012
NO I Didn't why do you keep asking? Isn't the election over with??
I am old enough

West Memphis, AR

#18615 Nov 25, 2012
NO I did not vote. Is there a vote someplace? Where? Why does this post keep going when there is not a vote?
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18616 Nov 25, 2012
BarneyIII wrote:
<quoted text>
And you really believe that. We must have full employment.
Hey Blarney the Thurd, name me a time when this Country had full employment.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18617 Nov 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet he continues to play you fools like a the bucolic court jesters you are.

What's the price of wool today?
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18619 Nov 25, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Question. Explain why a man of honor and principle like yourself hasn't fully explained just what has elevated himself above so many other of his fellows...in a practical manner of course

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost albino pitbull.... Reward 38 min Doggone 1
pocahontas preachers 1 hr guest 4
Deer Hunting an the law 2 hr Lawyer 89
who was in the wreck in poky yesterday 3 hr pissed off 1
Duck Hunting 4 hr Union Man 12
What will you be cooking for Thanksgiving 4 hr Info 1
lost dog 5 hr Blake 2
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas People Search