Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,222 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18561 Nov 23, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> If not for greed the revelotuionaries wouldnt have made the declartion and founded the USA. If not for greed Vanderbuilt wouldnt have created the railroad empire. If not for greed Rockefeller wouldnt have built the oil refineries & pipelines. If not for greed Carnagie wouldnt have built the steel industry. Greed isnt wrong wanting more than others is Ok if you do the work and investment to attain your so called greedy goals.
And if not for Teddy Roosevelt those frickers would be renting you a house, not the other way around.

And your PC rant is offset by the ridiculous actions of our elected officials protecting their greed by dividing us with their devious BS.
Willie Granville

East Greenwich, RI

#18562 Nov 23, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>22 million jobs were created under Reagan and the soviet union crumbled. So, what your saying is that job creation, freedom and liberty should have been stopped.
Well, Willie, with the reelection of Obama, you have finally gotten your wish.
If your figures are true about the 22 million jobs created under Reagan, you can bet 80 per cent were GOVERNMENT JOBS. Nancy Reagan told the American people JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS, that is all case closed. Cops were arresting people every moment. More jails & prisons built during the time. More cops, prison guards, wardens, security etc. Payed by WHO? The American worker. Oh, yea building an American military to OUT DUE RUSSIA. Do you know who PAYED for all this. I spent more time looking for work under Reagan-Bush than working.
I was making $11.90 per hour in 1981 it went down to $4.50 per hour under Reagan-Bush. Just to have a JOB. Don't tell me how GREAT REAGAN-BUSH was. I saw the ILLEGALS move into TEXAS and take jobs while others moved into the WHITE HOUSE AND STATE HOUSE under REAGAN-BUSH. I was looking at the JOBS GOING OVERSEAS UNDER REAGAN-BUSH and nothing done. Not only did he try to break the UNIONS (I am not a member wish I was) but he broke the AMERICAN WORKER, LOWER WAGES just a simple fact, like it or not. And I didn't (WISH OBAMA TO BE RE-ELECTED) I just HOPED he would. I am still so HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY ABOUT THE ELECTION.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#18563 Nov 23, 2012
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Weather you like it or not this statement is 100% right.
Wonders never cease. I agree with Billy Bob. Are you at the Walnut Ridge/Murfreesboro game?
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#18564 Nov 23, 2012
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Well isn't that just pitiful, why not put down that ham samich and try exercising a bit.
Don't pity me turkey, I've got the treadmill fired up and ready to go.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18565 Nov 23, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>look as much as i love the declaration of independance they could have left out the "they are endowed by their creator ". i mean if he was going primarily go off of what george mason and richard cumberland wrote then neither of those 2 mention anything about a creator... but he could of been just be meaning parents as well .. hard to interpert that if you break it down... but i personaly think we were given those rights by people like thomas jefferson writing that, with our founding fathers help and the close to 1.4 million americans that have given their lives defending that statment. so what your suggesting is that we should go back to the early 1900's ? where everyone was on their own. you pay for those medical bills out of your own pocket...you pay for your own schooling or teach yourself... if you lose your job and can't find one for months then you go without everything and live in a cold house that you decided to finance by yourself and hope the bank doesn't repo it after that 2nd month .. but lets say you do find a job ... then you work all your life... oh want to stop working ? hope you have been good with your money and all with having to pay for schooling and medical out of pocket .. hope you have enough left to retire and never have to worry bout if your gonna have enough money...have a kid?... you pay for the kid by yourself as well.. no extra money for having 2 people in the household and only 1 job... so you go ahead and save that nickle or dollar your grandma always told you to put back because you'll need every penny....nah i like my america you can go live in that lovely fantasy of yours... and no people that are laid off through no fault of their own are recieving UNEMPLOYMENT.. and a few commodoties from local donations... people that are homeless which is past that are recieving other forms of help like churches and charities in addition to commodities.
Yes, you pretty much summarized it right. YOU take care of YOURSELF and YOU save for YOUR future. See how easy that is? I mean hell, if YOU can't take care of YOU, how can YOU take care of ME and 380 million other people?

Here's how it works. When YOU get paid, YOU set aside 10% to 15% of YOUR paycheck for YOU. You are not allowed to spend it on ANYTHING. This is your emergency fund for when you lose your job, which equates to a rainy day. Once you have an entire years living expenses saved up,(for that job loss, or huge thunderstorm) YOU continue to save that same amount throughout the rest of YOUR life...only this gets invested in a good mutual fund making a decent interest rate. This is your retirement fund. Dude, you can retire a millionaire if you set your mind to it- no matter your income now.

If you continue to wait for the government, or other United States citizens to take care of all your needs and wants, you will be waiting a LONG, LONG time, and rightfully so.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18566 Nov 23, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>ok then um don't apply for a union job that simple.. i mean noone is forcing you to work where you are or forced you to be employed there so leave.
Why should I have to leave my job? I am not there to apease any union. Why do you think I shouldn't have a right to work where I want in a free country? You sound like you are against the working person.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18567 Nov 23, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>ok so here's the point if the guy was actually paying his workers an honest days pay for an honest days work and generous at christmas and easter then cudos for him for telling the worker to eff off.. greed has no place niether on the owner nor the employees behalf. does this make sense? no employer should hamper their business by condoning poor work ethic on any level.. does this make sense? so with that being said i hope that all of this will have enough time to marinate because i did not spend half a page trying to prove a point.. succinct and simple.
That was much better.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18568 Nov 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Bill Clinton campaigned for Obama more than other former republican presidents campaigned for Romney because the democrats are far more passionate and well organized than the republicans are at this point, plain and simple. Do you really believe that the country was bleeding 700K NEW jobs each month or, more realistically, the level gradually reached 700K over the course of a year. There is a HUGE difference in the two scenarios. We have around 435K jobless claims currently and the unemployment is just a hair above 8%. Does it at all strike you as odd that under Bush we had 700K jobless claims (almost double)yet the unemployment was only 7.8%. The unemployment rate is a measure of the prevalence of unemployment and it is calculated as a percentage by dividing the number of unemployed individuals by all individuals currently in the labor force. It's simple math. Do you think that maybe the percentage is higher under Obama because there are so many that have dropped out of the workforce thus hiding the fact that the situation is far worse under this president. This is just looking at the facts of the numbers. Try it. Since inflation can be manipulated by the fed keeping interest rates low, you can't really use it as a metric of a healthy or unhealthy economy. I noticed that you launched into a finger pointing, demonizing rant instead of addressing the FACT that taxing the rich won't come close to fixing our debt problems. How about you tell me how spending twice as much as we take in every year will EVER turn things around for America. Would it make your personal situation better if you did that in your household? How will Obama's policies bring America back to the greatest, strongest, and most prosperous nation in the world? Try to use facts and not talking points.
"First off Bill Clinton campaigned for Obama more than other former republican presidents campaigned for Romney because the democrats are far more passionate and well organized than the republicans are at this point, plain and simple."

I would say it's because the republicans, George Bush in particular, are a bit more honorable. Once a president is done serving his time in office, traditionally, they faded into the background and kept their mouth shut, as it should be.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18569 Nov 23, 2012
libertarian wrote:
If everyone who didn't vote went to the polls for libertarian party, they would have achieved their popular vote goal of 5% to enable them to be involved in the debates next election.
Get out and vote for liberty.
If only we could convince the conservatives in the two parties to embrace liberty and freedom, and ignore the news media, we'd now have a President Paul.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18570 Nov 23, 2012
stfufool wrote:
<quoted text>
Libertarians want legal, tax dollar provided dope. Period. Go to hell.
Where in the hell did you hear this false bullshit from?

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18571 Nov 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody that you have a disagreement with wants anyone to not have personal freedoms. I would argue that forcing someone who has made an honest living to give some of their money to those who are "less fortunate" (and I use that term losely) is a perfect example of stealing personal freedoms from those that make the money AND from those who accept a set income from a government that promises the moon but never delivers it. Those that accept that lifestyle see their drive to succeed simply melt away and all that is left is a slavery of dependence and anger towards those who they don't know and certainly didn't cause their dependent state. America is like no other nation in that here a person sets their own destiny and level of success dependent on their drive to succeed. There are a handful, and I mean a minute percentage of people in this country that are excessively greedy and evil at their core but you wouldn't know that by the rhetoric being thrown around. I can't think of one single person who is poor and unsuccessful (and i know a lot of people like that) that their lives were directly shaped by any rich person and I would be willing to bet that you don't either. It's sad that anyone would actually buy in to the lie that the rich in this country caused all of the pain and suffering we see all around us. Everyone in this country has a path to success and is significantly more free than anyone in any other nation. It is up to each and everyone of us to preserve that personal freedom by doing all we can to prevent having to live off of the success of other people. It's just sad that so many choose fun and irresponsibility instead of drive, determination, and responsibility.
This is an excellent post. Worded perfectly!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18572 Nov 23, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
Brady Madison wrote:
just watched Pres Obama answer questions .......... he is getting a little tougher on the opposition upper income set. God will bless him. He is doing just what Jesus Christ would have done. Assure us healthcare, lower our taxes, end war, prevent depression, create jobs, pay off the deficit, end tax cuts for the rich. I just cannot have a problem with any of that. He is the best since Kennedy.
God would never want someone taking money from someone more affluent and giving it to someone less fortunate. Who would be blessed? The affluent individual rightfully earned the money but doesn't have a say in where that money is given thus it can't be considered sincere and from the heart. Obama didn't earn it, he just took it from the rich and gave it to the poor so he isn't sincere or sacrificing. Finally, the poor American that recieves the money has every opportunity to make something of himself or herself in this country but hasn't so that can't be blessed. Do you really think God blesses stealing because that is exactly what it is. If the rich doesn't give any of his/her excess for the better good of mankind then God will take care of that in the end I can assure you. If Obama tries to do God's work then he will answer for that in the end as well. If a person is poor because he or she didn't take advantage of the endless opportunities this country offers then God will take away or give whatever blessing He wants to. We all need to take care of our own salvation and deeds here on earth and let God take care of the rest.
"Obama didn't earn it, he just took it from the rich and gave it to the poor.."
In truth, nobody really knows WHO he gives that money to. It is not possible for the government to know who is poor simply because they filled out some forms.

I know people who you would think are poor, but in reality, they make very good money. Money the government doesn't know about because it is all done in cash and no taxes are paid either.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18573 Nov 23, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>um apparently you have lost your mind .. greed and ignorance has no place on this earth so do us all a favor and just keep your comments and yourself on that little republican planet in that alternate universe you guys have accomplished in making... bout the only thing republicans can accomplish because everyone knows they can't pass a simple jobs bill that would put millions back to work. no place in american history has washington been so gridlocked and controversal.. not even when dummy-o newt was speaker.
You condone theft? What do you say I break into your home uninvited and take some of your stuff against your will and give it to your neighbor that doesn't have the same things you do? Of course you would be more than willing to oblige, correct? Reality Check was dead on with this post. Here; read it again and think about it!
"God would never want someone taking money from someone more affluent and giving it to someone less fortunate. Who would be blessed? The affluent individual rightfully earned the money but doesn't have a say in where that money is given thus it can't be considered sincere and from the heart. Obama didn't earn it, he just took it from the rich and gave it to the poor so he isn't sincere or sacrificing. Finally, the poor American that recieves the money has every opportunity to make something of himself or herself in this country but hasn't so that can't be blessed. Do you really think God blesses stealing because that is exactly what it is. If the rich doesn't give any of his/her excess for the better good of mankind then God will take care of that in the end I can assure you. If Obama tries to do God's work then he will answer for that in the end as well. If a person is poor because he or she didn't take advantage of the endless opportunities this country offers then God will take away or give whatever blessing He wants to. We all need to take care of our own salvation and deeds here on earth and let God take care of the rest."
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#18574 Nov 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"First off Bill Clinton campaigned for Obama more than other former republican presidents campaigned for Romney because the democrats are far more passionate and well organized than the republicans are at this point, plain and simple."
I would say it's because the republicans, George Bush in particular, are a bit more honorable. Once a president is done serving his time in office, traditionally, they faded into the background and kept their mouth shut, as it should be.
I agree 100% that the Republicans are more honorable and that a former president should fade away. The problem is that the mass of uninformed voters that vote strictly on emotion will never vote for someone like a Mitt Romney because he is not cool or edgy enough. So the choice to the Republicans is stay true, honorable, and stick to principle and die a slow and painful death with the rest of America, or use the same tactics the democrats use, like divide and conquer, making issues of non issues to take voters attention away from the aspects of your record that the opposition is trying to draw attention to, and promising voters with the things they want to hear using the conservative message instead ofthe socialistic message. Either way, America has lost her values and is suffering greatly for it.
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#18575 Nov 23, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Obama didn't earn it, he just took it from the rich and gave it to the poor.."
In truth, nobody really knows WHO he gives that money to. It is not possible for the government to know who is poor simply because they filled out some forms.
I know people who you would think are poor, but in reality, they make very good money. Money the government doesn't know about because it is all done in cash and no taxes are paid either.
I know people that don't have a dime to their name yet they are some of the richest people I know. I was speaking of the rich in terms of taxable income that is reported.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#18577 Nov 24, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% that the Republicans are more honorable and that a former president should fade away. The problem is that the mass of uninformed voters that vote strictly on emotion will never vote for someone like a Mitt Romney because he is not cool or edgy enough. So the choice to the Republicans is stay true, honorable, and stick to principle and die a slow and painful death with the rest of America, or use the same tactics the democrats use, like divide and conquer, making issues of non issues to take voters attention away from the aspects of your record that the opposition is trying to draw attention to, and promising voters with the things they want to hear using the conservative message instead ofthe socialistic message. Either way, America has lost her values and is suffering greatly for it.
There’s no such thing as destiny, there is only the certainty of change. Honor and principle is not exclusive, it crosses all walks of life.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18578 Nov 24, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% that the Republicans are more honorable and that a former president should fade away. The problem is that the mass of uninformed voters that vote strictly on emotion will never vote for someone like a Mitt Romney because he is not cool or edgy enough. So the choice to the Republicans is stay true, honorable, and stick to principle and die a slow and painful death with the rest of America, or use the same tactics the democrats use, like divide and conquer, making issues of non issues to take voters attention away from the aspects of your record that the opposition is trying to draw attention to, and promising voters with the things they want to hear using the conservative message instead ofthe socialistic message. Either way, America has lost her values and is suffering greatly for it.
The Republicans can stay true, honorable, AND stick to principle and NOT die a slow and painful death. But they do need to change tactics, OR learn how to spread their message loudly and more effectively, like the democrats.

For example, something struck me during one of the debates as Romney was speaking. He was talking about energy independance and made the statement, "20 or 25 birds were killed and brought out a migratory bird act to go after them," speaking about Obama going after the oil company for those deaths. That was the ONLY statement Romney made on this issue- as though he considered it a non-issue. I knew right then he had probably lost the environmentalists and the animal lovers who DO consider that a big issue.

Romney could have used that moment to his, and the republican party's, advantage by pointing out how deadly wind turbines are to birds, and that the renewable energy Obama touts is not as environmentally friendly as he would like people to believe. He could have given a figure of Golden Eagles fatalities at one wind farm (Altamont Pass) in California. He could have pointed out the number of acres of pristine wildlife habitat permanently altered or destroyed to build wind farms. He could have let the voting public know that very tall and lighted structures, wind turbines included, kill millions of migratory birds every year and that violations of the Migratory Bird Act are only brought on when birds are killed at oil facilities, but not wind farms. People who consider themselves to be environmentalists may not even know this happens.

He could have, right then and there, painted the democrats as unfriendly to the environment and our wildlife by pandering to renewable energy companies by giving them a free pass to kill wildlife. Any intellectually honest democrats, and independants may have had an eye opening moment had Romney brought this to their attention.
Billy Bob

Fayetteville, AR

#18579 Nov 24, 2012
you all need to get a life...
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#18580 Nov 24, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans can stay true, honorable, AND stick to principle and NOT die a slow and painful death. But they do need to change tactics, OR learn how to spread their message loudly and more effectively, like the democrats.
For example, something struck me during one of the debates as Romney was speaking. He was talking about energy independance and made the statement, "20 or 25 birds were killed and brought out a migratory bird act to go after them," speaking about Obama going after the oil company for those deaths. That was the ONLY statement Romney made on this issue- as though he considered it a non-issue. I knew right then he had probably lost the environmentalists and the animal lovers who DO consider that a big issue.
Romney could have used that moment to his, and the republican party's, advantage by pointing out how deadly wind turbines are to birds, and that the renewable energy Obama touts is not as environmentally friendly as he would like people to believe. He could have given a figure of Golden Eagles fatalities at one wind farm (Altamont Pass) in California. He could have pointed out the number of acres of pristine wildlife habitat permanently altered or destroyed to build wind farms. He could have let the voting public know that very tall and lighted structures, wind turbines included, kill millions of migratory birds every year and that violations of the Migratory Bird Act are only brought on when birds are killed at oil facilities, but not wind farms. People who consider themselves to be environmentalists may not even know this happens.
He could have, right then and there, painted the democrats as unfriendly to the environment and our wildlife by pandering to renewable energy companies by giving them a free pass to kill wildlife. Any intellectually honest democrats, and independants may have had an eye opening moment had Romney brought this to their attention.
Exactly!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#18581 Nov 25, 2012
NO, are the polls open?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randolph County Exposed!!! 13 min Ahaaa 21
grider vs. boyce? 17 min Goodreads 6
Ericas the best 7 hr Michael 27
Stuff They Don't Want You to Know - The Thorium 9 hr Sciguy 1
any hot guys at pinnacle frames (Sep '09) Sun Pin worker 29
Cord Rapert (Feb '14) Sun Curious 22
Sheriff Race Sat yoko 7
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]