JonTobi wrote:
<quoted text>please be succinct
please define

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18415 Nov 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>um yah exactly and the union will help them with the process ... just like every other union from the teacher's union to the welder's union... apparently you don't know how this works... unions like i said are to help the people who pay their do's and they will ... have family that's in unions had help all their life ... met at least 50 people or more out here that have moved from other states for job transfer's from back east and the south some through unions some not... i mean you have to wake up .. the world is changing this isn't your fantasy land like 90 percent of republicans think that they can just become complacent in what they do and think nothing will effect them ..... when you purposely give raises to CEO's of a failing company that is primarily employeed by union workers then ask those union workers to cut wages by 8 percent and company care and incentives by up to 30 percent then .. guess what .. the workers are gonna shut that down .. relocate and get jobs elsewhere...unless compromises are met.... some will get rehired if other companies invest....it's just that simple...without freedom to collectively bargain then the owner or owner's of any company can make the live's of people that have worked for a company for 15 years misserable and pay them the same as minimum wage .. and that is not right... that is greed... that is what you and every other republican want.. but what you fail to see is your ignorant ass doesn't even own a company so guess who you are ... your that 15 year long employee still making minimum wage DING DONG... and if those union workers cared about the place they were working or didn't think they could find a job if they don't already have one lined up somewhere else then they had the right to cross the line and quit the union .. they may have had to pay a small fee but only for not towing the line it's illegal to punish someone who want's to quit any union.... they obviously thought they were doing the right thing and like i said they did. greed has no place in this world and there a millions more americans in unions that see that same view.
"apparently you don't know how this works"
Maybe he doesn't, but I do.

"when you purposely give raises to CEO's of a failing company that is primarily employeed by union workers then ask those union workers to cut wages by 8 percent...."
I agree on this. If a company is failing, then maybe those at the top should have been replaced, or taken wage cuts instead of being nicely compensated.

"...without freedom to collectively bargain..."
This is one freedom we have NOT lost. Do you know something we don't?

"the owner or owner's of any company can make the live's of people that have worked for a company for 15 years misserable and pay them the same as minimum wage..."
Why would ANY employer WANT to do this with good, loyal, long-time employees that benefit the company? I've NEVER heard of that happening anywhere! Maybe you could still to REALISTIC scenerios?

"that is what you and every other republican want."
No, most republicans I know want people to be justly compensated for the work THEY do, not the work, or lack thereof, that everyone else in the company does.

"your ignorant ass doesn't even own a company"
I consider my photography business my company. But my full time job IS in a union. And surprise, surprise, I am against unions! I want out but the only way out is to quit my job. How is that FAIR? You do like fairness, don't you?

"they may have had to pay a small fee..."
That "small fee," called union dues, could pay the workers electric bill each month. Meanwhile.... The workers struggle with bills and the union bosses buy and run a golf course (Black Lake)for themselves and the politicians they play with.

"there a millions more americans in unions that see that same view."
I agree. Alot of people ARE easily brainwashed.

SE Michigan

#18416 Nov 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>what ? your just as ignorant as the last post where you tried to dissect my still factually correct statements and try to put your own personal opinon's in them... the owner's of the company foresaw what could happen to the company later on in the year and instead of taking slightly less pay for FAILING to turn around the company through executive decisions and investments they decided to give raises 3 times larger from the year before. They decided to GUT the company finances and leave no room for bargaining right's and in order to keep the company running they have to cut employees wages by 8 percent and benifit's and 401k's. All of those employees have been there longer than a CEO that got hired in at the first of the year !!! this guy was new to the company making over 2 million dollars 3 times the salary from the last 5 CEO'S .. shut the hell up with your nonsense because until you know how stuff works in the world you have no place except to that employeer who keeps fisting your wages at night that your so thrilled to bend over for.
Don't get all worked up, Dude. I agree with you on this. The fact still remains I don't care for unions. They keep good people down and that is a FACT. NO union worker will EVER get a raise, unless they ALL do- many of whom do not deserve them.

SE Michigan

#18417 Nov 19, 2012
JonTobi wrote:
I believe Warrior is.

Since: Sep 10

Searcy, AR

#18418 Nov 19, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
"when you purposely give raises to CEO's of a failing company that is primarily employeed by union workers then ask those union workers to cut wages by 8 percent...."
I agree on this. If a company is failing, then maybe those at the top should have been replaced, or taken wage cuts instead of being nicely compensated.
"the owner or owner's of any company can make the live's of people that have worked for a company for 15 years misserable and pay them the same as minimum wage..."
Why would ANY employer WANT to do this with good, loyal, long-time employees that benefit the company? I've NEVER heard of that happening anywhere! Maybe you could still to REALISTIC scenerios?
No, most republicans I know want people to be justly compensated for the work THEY do, not the work, or lack thereof, that everyone else in the company does.
I consider my photography business my company. But my full time job IS in a union. And surprise, surprise, I am against unions! I want out but the only way out is to quit my job. How is that FAIR? You do like fairness, don't you?
That "small fee," called union dues, could pay the workers electric bill each month. Meanwhile.... The workers struggle with bills and the union bosses buy and run a golf course (Black Lake)for themselves and the politicians they play with.
please be succinct
Belinda

Searcy, AR

#18419 Nov 19, 2012
yes please

SE Michigan

#18420 Nov 19, 2012
JonTobi wrote:
Only when you become extinct.
Old Army

Greenbrier, AR

#18421 Nov 19, 2012
JonTobi wrote:
JonTobi, Edith, Belinda, Sgt Bro, et al, learned a new word today. Maybe tomorrow they will learn how to use it in a relevant sentence that makes sense. KISS.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18422 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
in a right to work state which most states are turning to it does not matter what you say to your employeer about raises or benefits... those are incentives which they do NOT have to offer... try to collectively bargaining when your employeer in one of these states tells you that... i know people that have worked and not receieved a raise at all since 2005 that's 8 years don't think that a company wouldn't push it 8 more cuz they would... so yah i know realistic scenarios... i've seen people work at places for 12 years and only be making a couple dollars more Maybe than minimum wage.."In Pattern Makers, the Court reaffirmed its holding in NLRB v. Granite State Joint Bd., Textile Workers Local 1029, which said:

[T]he power of the union over the member is certainly no greater than the union-member contract. Where a member lawfully resigns from a union and thereafter engages in conduct which the union rule proscribes, the union commits an unfair labor practice when it seeks enforcement of fines for that conduct. That is to say, when there is a lawful dissolution of a union-member relation, the union has no more control over the former member than it has over the man in the street.(29)
Thus, a union member is free to resign from union membership at any time and cannot be disciplined by the union for post-resignation conduct, even if its constitution or bylaws purport to restrict the member's right to resign. When an individual effectively severs his relationship with the union through resignation, the union's right to discipline him for post-resignation conduct ceases.(30)
If a union official tells a member that he is not free to resign, this is a false statement and the union should thereafter lose its power to discipline that employee for actions taken after that false statement, because employees are not required to undertake gestures which the union tells them will be futile.(31) Moreover, if a union attempts to discipline a former member for events that occurred after his resignation, it violates Section 8(b)(1)(A) of the National Labor Relations Act. " theres your succenct.
Look For the Union Label

Jonesboro, AR

#18423 Nov 20, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>in a right to work state which most states are turning to it does not matter what you say to your employeer about raises or benefits... those are incentives which they do NOT have to offer... try to collectively bargaining when your employeer in one of these states tells you that... i know people that have worked and not receieved a raise at all since 2005 that's 8 years don't think that a company wouldn't push it 8 more cuz they would... so yah i know realistic scenarios... i've seen people work at places for 12 years and only be making a couple dollars more Maybe than minimum wage.."In Pattern Makers, the Court reaffirmed its holding in NLRB v. Granite State Joint Bd., Textile Workers Local 1029, which said:
[T]he power of the union over the member is certainly no greater than the union-member contract. Where a member lawfully resigns from a union and thereafter engages in conduct which the union rule proscribes, the union commits an unfair labor practice when it seeks enforcement of fines for that conduct. That is to say, when there is a lawful dissolution of a union-member relation, the union has no more control over the former member than it has over the man in the street.(29)
Thus, a union member is free to resign from union membership at any time and cannot be disciplined by the union for post-resignation conduct, even if its constitution or bylaws purport to restrict the member's right to resign. When an individual effectively severs his relationship with the union through resignation, the union's right to discipline him for post-resignation conduct ceases.(30)
If a union official tells a member that he is not free to resign, this is a false statement and the union should thereafter lose its power to discipline that employee for actions taken after that false statement, because employees are not required to undertake gestures which the union tells them will be futile.(31) Moreover, if a union attempts to discipline a former member for events that occurred after his resignation, it violates Section 8(b)(1)(A) of the National Labor Relations Act. " theres your succenct.
You are right, those that choose to withdraw from the union are allowed to. If they go to work, they are referred to as Scabs, have their cars burned and are beaten mercilessly. I do love the union label.

SE Michigan

#18424 Nov 20, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>in a right to work state which most states are turning to it does not matter what you say to your employeer about raises or benefits... those are incentives which they do NOT have to offer... try to collectively bargaining when your employeer in one of these states tells you that... i know people that have worked and not receieved a raise at all since 2005 that's 8 years don't think that a company wouldn't push it 8 more cuz they would... so yah i know realistic scenarios... i've seen people work at places for 12 years and only be making a couple dollars more Maybe than minimum wage.."In Pattern Makers, the Court reaffirmed its holding in NLRB v. Granite State Joint Bd., Textile Workers Local 1029, which said:
I make the same wage now as I did in 2005. I have fewer vacation days and my health care has been cut. When we did get raises, they were usually 2%. This was all union negotiated.

As a non-union person before this job, my raises were roughly 8%.

When I asked about leaving the union some years ago, I was told I would still be required to pay union dues and if I had a problem, I would get no union representation. That's about the ONLY good thing a union does- is fight to keep someones job when they get in trouble. Though many times the person deserves to be fired. It wasn't worth going through any trouble, so I never took any action. I just have no use for it and never go to meetings or get involved in any way. I do see other union members getting disgusted with things too and more and more are wanting to dissolve the union.

A different union where I work is already in the midst of voting to dissolve their union, which only formed about five years ago. They saw how the union prevented them from getting any raises or fringe benefits. The union officers only negotiate the things they want for themselves and the other members are left out. People who used to be friends, no longer are.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18425 Nov 20, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
FUNNY how you always say that you KNOW people and you have SEEN people but you never say YOU have experienced any of it. Maybe you should put your big boy pants on and get out there in the real world and find a job for a change so you have a little credibility when you speak. Right now you sound like a dude who lays around all day on his mothers couch eating Ho Ho's and Twinkies!

Have a nice day DING DONG!

“Hear No, Speak No, See No ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#18426 Nov 20, 2012
We should always remember the blood shed so we would have the freedom to express our opinion by having the ability to cast our vote for the candidate we believe in the most.
Those who can and don't should keep their mouth and opinions to themselves. They have another chance the next election.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18427 Nov 20, 2012
monkey_trouble wrote:
We should always remember the blood shed so we would have the freedom to express our opinion by having the ability to cast our vote for the candidate we believe in the most.
Those who can and don't should keep their mouth and opinions to themselves. They have another chance the next election.
You're an i diot!

SE Michigan

#18428 Nov 20, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You're an i diot!
That wasn't very nice.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18429 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
That wasn't very nice.
I know! I was in a mood!
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

#18430 Nov 20, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I know! I was in a mood!
Your mood has little to do with their being an idiot, let them take responsibility.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#18431 Nov 20, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
JonTobi, Edith, Belinda, Sgt Bro, et al, learned a new word today. Maybe tomorrow they will learn how to use it in a relevant sentence that makes sense. KISS.
please be "extinct"
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18432 Nov 20, 2012
Pondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mood has little to do with their being an idiot, let them take responsibility.
Thank you!
Belinda

Searcy, AR

#18433 Nov 20, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
begger 2 hr Guest 5
Do the theatre still have good shows? 11 hr The truth 6
Cheating (Aug '12) 11 hr set the record st... 48
Work needed for Christmas 12 hr Rent Money 17
County cops VS city cops (Nov '09) 13 hr guest 30
Kyle ford (Nov '12) 13 hr Curious 21
I must be obsolete 18 hr old guy 3
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web