• Other (explain below)
Comments
17,381 - 17,400 of 29,660 Comments Last updated 42 min ago
Churmudgeon

Ravenden, AR

#18392 Nov 19, 2012
Fredd wrote:
<quoted text>
You never fantasized about Miss Kitty but you really liked Matt's horse?
Back in the beginning Miss Kitty was a real Looker! Matt Dillons horse was usally 99 % of the time a buckskin. Over the years he had several buckskins Ive noticd that one of them was really wide in his chest. it has more than a foot & 1/2 distance between its forelegs . I always thought it was interesting to see Matt come in on the stage carrying his saddle. invaribly Doc , Chester,Festus or someone would ask why you on the stage? Did you get the man you was after? He would reply No he got away! I killed my horse trying to catch him. And later on in the episode you would see him riding the same buckskin horse as last week.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18393 Nov 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>BCTGM members are well aware that as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256. The right thing was done and those workers will find jobs elsewhere as other brands begin to grow. The pay raises alone could have paid for all 18,000 of those people's wages. The right thing was done or the unions would have compromised more. Just as millions of american's in unions did when the financial collapse hit.
WOW! Those nasty rich people. ALL of their money should be confiscated, you are right because you said it twice "the right thing was done" "the right thing was done" Those people will have a WONDERFUL Christmas knowing that they did the right thing! And they will all find jobs in their field I am sure. There are literally dozens of baking companies willing to move into their area, right? These people will not have to move and uproot their families to areas that have factories that fit their skill set will they because those factories will just move to where the unemployed workers are right? Hey these people may be without a job, without some food and clothes they are used to, with bills piling up that they will have to pay eventually and Christmas their kids will have to skip this year but at least they DID THE RIGHT THING! Just ask them! LMAO!

Merry Christmas to Hostess and to you also DING DONG! LOL!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#18394 Nov 19, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> didnt Billy the kid shoot a deputy in the back with a shotgun when escaping from jail? John Westly Hardin would be my pick for the baddest gun hand.
Not in Young Guns he didn't. In fact, he never did go to jail in that movie. He was too damn slick to be taken in by the law. But he was friends with Pat Garrett.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18395 Nov 19, 2012
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that an internet savvy man like Redd can't separate fact from fiction.
1. Fact: "Gunsmoke", a popular radio and TV Western starred William Conrad as Marshall Matt Dillon in the radio version. In one of the episodes, Dillon had a young kid in custody in Dodge City, Kansas and sent for his mother to pick him up. Before she got there, the kid escaped and stole a gun.
2. Fiction: All of the main characters in "Gunsmoke".
3. Fantasy: Redd's obsession with Fox News and his belief that they somehow influenced the Hollywood writers of the 50s and 60s (but if he's up to travel, he can go to the new Long Branch, sip on a sasparilla and fantasize about Miss Kitty and Johnelle).
redd never lets the facts get in the way of his opinions! He is good free entertainment!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18397 Nov 19, 2012
Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Back in the beginning Miss Kitty was a real Looker! Matt Dillons horse was usally 99 % of the time a buckskin. Over the years he had several buckskins Ive noticd that one of them was really wide in his chest. it has more than a foot & 1/2 distance between its forelegs . I always thought it was interesting to see Matt come in on the stage carrying his saddle. invaribly Doc , Chester,Festus or someone would ask why you on the stage? Did you get the man you was after? He would reply No he got away! I killed my horse trying to catch him. And later on in the episode you would see him riding the same buckskin horse as last week.
John Wayne turned that part down and recommended Arnez and the rest is history!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18398 Nov 19, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in Young Guns he didn't. In fact, he never did go to jail in that movie. He was too damn slick to be taken in by the law. But he was friends with Pat Garrett.
He went to jail in that movie. He loaded the retards shotgun that was guarding him with dimes and killed the Sherrif from the top of the balcony! Or was that Young Guns 2, 3, 4 or 5 LOL!

SE Michigan

#18399 Nov 19, 2012
Willie Granville wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed something "Raptor in Michigan" you are writing or trying to write like me. I like that, I am making an impack on someone. Money can't buy HAPPINESS OR LOVE IF YOU ARE RICH OK. Poor people shouldn't give to the RICH when they don't have it to give, and take from the poor to make the rich richer. You are correct HAPPINESS COMES FROM WITHIN in most cases. Have a HAPPY, HAPPY THANKSGIVING. I got to hit the road early to go and collect my WELFARE CHECK.
If you really think I'm trying to write like you, all I can say is WTF!

How do poor people give to the rich? What is taken from the poor to make the rich richer? That statement has me dumbfounded!

Please explain.

SE Michigan

#18400 Nov 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>being part of union keeps noone down, it keeps everyone treated equally and fairly and keeps them safe from employers and descrimination.
"safe from employers?"
Dude, if my employer was a threat to my safety, I wouldn't work for him!
Why the hell would anyone wnat to be treated equally when their work performance, reliability and production level is different?
Here's a sad fact about unions: Nobody will EVER get a raise or any other kind of benefit, when they are in a union, UNLESS the union "officials" decide to negotiate it for them. And THAT will never happen unless EVERYONE in the union gets the same thing. Nonunion workers have a much better chance at bigger raises and other perks that union people will never get.
Furthermore, if I'm doing my job, why should I have to fear my employer?
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>
this country was built on unions and will continue to do so it's only a matter of time before laws in wisconsin and other republican legislative states go back to full blown unions and that is a good thing.
Wrong! This country was built on hard woork and by a people who longed for freedom, individual liberty and prosperity.
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>
one persons voice is not powerful enough for change and that's what unions do , they express everyones voices and opinions and compromise with employeers to make working conditions safe, healthcare low, and wages honest.
Really? One nonunion person can take on extra duties and get a $10,000 raise for it. The union members can take on extra duties and get a huge paycut and loss of benefits. The individuals within said union can hit the road if they don't like it because they have NO POWER to try to keep what they have had taken away. They are bound by a union and to a contract. No wiggle room!

As for safety, we have state and federal laws that ensure safety in the workplace.

Unions today are not the unions of yesterday. They have lasted long after their time and they are on their way out- THANK GOD.

SE Michigan

#18401 Nov 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>The town of Lincoln is about 99 miles from where I live. It is all original from the time when Billy the Kid shot out of jail. The bullet holes are still in the wall of the jail. They have a reenactment every year of the escape. They have the original Tunstall store the Torreon and all buildings back from the era, it's like stepping back in time to the Wild West. He is burried a a couple of hours from here in Ft Sumner New Mexico. I hunt deer on the back side of Lincoln been doing that for 4 decades now. It's a shame our most famous New Mexican was a short ugly young punk law breaking killer.
I beg to differ. I think Emilio Estevez is rather cute and sexy.

SE Michigan

#18402 Nov 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to those Hostess employees out of work over Christmas you Ding Dong! LMAO!
Yep. The union looked after their safety all right. They kept EVERYTHING fair!! They ALL had to hit the road.

SE Michigan

#18403 Nov 19, 2012
Happy Lib wrote:
<quoted text>You don't make any sense old man, maybe you forgot to take your Alzheimers medicine today or it could be that your diaper is just full, whatever it is you better have it fixed before you get a stroke in your ass and have to walk backwards to match your thinking for the rest of your life!
I thought his post made sense. In fact, I thought it was rather funny!

SE Michigan

#18404 Nov 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>BCTGM members are well aware that as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256.
See why it pays to not be in a union?

SE Michigan

#18405 Nov 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! Those nasty rich people. ALL of their money should be confiscated, you are right because you said it twice "the right thing was done" "the right thing was done" Those people will have a WONDERFUL Christmas knowing that they did the right thing! And they will all find jobs in their field I am sure. There are literally dozens of baking companies willing to move into their area, right? These people will not have to move and uproot their families to areas that have factories that fit their skill set will they because those factories will just move to where the unemployed workers are right? Hey these people may be without a job, without some food and clothes they are used to, with bills piling up that they will have to pay eventually and Christmas their kids will have to skip this year but at least they DID THE RIGHT THING! Just ask them! LMAO!
I would think Hostess is smart enough and their product liked well enough to regroup and reload under a new name and hiring back only those workers that would be worth hiring back. Pay each what they are worth and keep the union out.

SE Michigan

#18406 Nov 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>He went to jail in that movie. He loaded the retards shotgun that was guarding him with dimes and killed the Sherrif from the top of the balcony! Or was that Young Guns 2, 3, 4 or 5 LOL!
Must have been 3, 4 or 5. I saw 1 and 2 and he never went to jail.
Churmudgeon

Ravenden, AR

#18407 Nov 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! Those nasty rich people. ALL of their money should be confiscated, you are right because you said it twice "the right thing was done" "the right thing was done" Those people will have a WONDERFUL Christmas knowing that they did the right thing! And they will all find jobs in their field I am sure. There are literally dozens of baking companies willing to move into their area, right? These people will not have to move and uproot their families to areas that have factories that fit their skill set will they because those factories will just move to where the unemployed workers are right? Hey these people may be without a job, without some food and clothes they are used to, with bills piling up that they will have to pay eventually and Christmas their kids will have to skip this year but at least they DID THE RIGHT THING! Just ask them! LMAO!
Yes indeed! Factorys will be biting at the bits to locate there. the especially will be drawn there because of the Unionized workers and their derermination to do the Right Thing? NOT!
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18408 Nov 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
um yah exactly and the union will help them with the process ... just like every other union from the teacher's union to the welder's union... apparently you don't know how this works... unions like i said are to help the people who pay their do's and they will ... have family that's in unions had help all their life ... met at least 50 people or more out here that have moved from other states for job transfer's from back east and the south some through unions some not... i mean you have to wake up .. the world is changing this isn't your fantasy land like 90 percent of republicans think that they can just become complacent in what they do and think nothing will effect them ..... when you purposely give raises to CEO's of a failing company that is primarily employeed by union workers then ask those union workers to cut wages by 8 percent and company care and incentives by up to 30 percent then .. guess what .. the workers are gonna shut that down .. relocate and get jobs elsewhere...unless compromises are met.... some will get rehired if other companies invest....it's just that simple...without freedom to collectively bargain then the owner or owner's of any company can make the live's of people that have worked for a company for 15 years misserable and pay them the same as minimum wage .. and that is not right... that is greed... that is what you and every other republican want.. but what you fail to see is your ignorant ass doesn't even own a company so guess who you are ... your that 15 year long employee still making minimum wage DING DONG... and if those union workers cared about the place they were working or didn't think they could find a job if they don't already have one lined up somewhere else then they had the right to cross the line and quit the union .. they may have had to pay a small fee but only for not towing the line it's illegal to punish someone who want's to quit any union.... they obviously thought they were doing the right thing and like i said they did. greed has no place in this world and there a millions more americans in unions that see that same view.
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#18409 Nov 19, 2012
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
See why it pays to not be in a union?
what ? your just as ignorant as the last post where you tried to dissect my still factually correct statements and try to put your own personal opinon's in them... the owner's of the company foresaw what could happen to the company later on in the year and instead of taking slightly less pay for FAILING to turn around the company through executive decisions and investments they decided to give raises 3 times larger from the year before. They decided to GUT the company finances and leave no room for bargaining right's and in order to keep the company running they have to cut employees wages by 8 percent and benifit's and 401k's. All of those employees have been there longer than a CEO that got hired in at the first of the year !!! this guy was new to the company making over 2 million dollars 3 times the salary from the last 5 CEO'S .. shut the hell up with your nonsense because until you know how stuff works in the world you have no place except to that employeer who keeps fisting your wages at night that your so thrilled to bend over for.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18410 Nov 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>um yah exactly and the union will help them with the process ... just like every other union from the teacher's union to the welder's union... apparently you don't know how this works... unions like i said are to help the people who pay their do's and they will ... have family that's in unions had help all their life ... met at least 50 people or more out here that have moved from other states for job transfer's from back east and the south some through unions some not... i mean you have to wake up .. the world is changing this isn't your fantasy land like 90 percent of republicans think that they can just become complacent in what they do and think nothing will effect them ..... when you purposely give raises to CEO's of a failing company that is primarily employeed by union workers then ask those union workers to cut wages by 8 percent and company care and incentives by up to 30 percent then .. guess what .. the workers are gonna shut that down .. relocate and get jobs elsewhere...unless compromises are met.... some will get rehired if other companies invest....it's just that simple...without freedom to collectively bargain then the owner or owner's of any company can make the live's of people that have worked for a company for 15 years misserable and pay them the same as minimum wage .. and that is not right... that is greed... that is what you and every other republican want.. but what you fail to see is your ignorant ass doesn't even own a company so guess who you are ... your that 15 year long employee still making minimum wage DING DONG... and if those union workers cared about the place they were working or didn't think they could find a job if they don't already have one lined up somewhere else then they had the right to cross the line and quit the union .. they may have had to pay a small fee but only for not towing the line it's illegal to punish someone who want's to quit any union.... they obviously thought they were doing the right thing and like i said they did. greed has no place in this world and there a millions more americans in unions that see that same view.
Well looks like you got a little Ho Ho on your face genius. Today the UNION notified Hostess that they want to negotiate! LMAO! I guess the idiots finally figured out that the Twinkie factory ain't bluffing! I guess the "RIGHT THING" "RIGHT THING" just went out your dumb ass window! LOL!

So much for those Nasty rich Republicans. You showed them a thing or two! LOL!

Again Merry Christmas DING DONG! LOL!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#18411 Nov 19, 2012
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>what ? your just as .
See above post DING DONG! LMAO!

Since: Sep 10

Searcy, AR

#18412 Nov 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Well looks like you got a little Ho Ho on your face genius. Today the UNION notified Hostess that they want to negotiate! LMAO! I guess the idiots finally figured out that the Twinkie factory ain't bluffing! I guess the "RIGHT THING" "RIGHT THING" just went out your dumb ass window! LOL!
So much for those Nasty rich Republicans. You showed them a thing or two! LOL!
Again Merry Christmas DING DONG! LOL!
please be succinct

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are all the hot guys in this town gay? =( (Jul '10) 3 hr terry l foster 18
Child Molester released 4 hr Guest 11
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 9 hr bird man 9,874
I said it!! 13 hr True 25
Flattered 14 hr LMAO 4
Debate: Ferguson - Pocahontas, AR 14 hr yoyo 15
Red Golden Retriever on Heather Lane 17 hr Guest 11
•••
•••
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••