Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Speller feller

Conway, AR

#31500 Jul 23, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be money for Barny, when you let people vote for their own pay raises they will take the increase, their grandchildren can pay for it.
Please tell me Barney hasn't reproduced!?!?
Speller feller

Conway, AR

#31501 Jul 23, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope , it seemed as though you like dissing dogs and their handlers, from behind that computer that perhaps it would really appeal to you to get to do it in person.
Just trying to help you out!
'...you like dissing dogs and their handlers, from behind that computer screen...'

Did your German shepherd type this!?
You are really helping out dog lovers everywhere that are...oh who am I kidding!!
Yep, Barney, you really told him!
Bet we all think twice before...before...DISSING any more dogs!!
(This is the time you should be rolling around on someone's floor laughing like a hyena!! As easily as you laugh, your own words probably keep you in stitches!!)

Lake Villa, IL

#31502 Jul 24, 2014
Where did I praise myself?
I had a counselor tell me I had to stop being a door mat ,that I had to start sticking up for myself.

What? You think I'm like the Gladys Knight and the Pips song "Neither one of us"
Split Personality?
I've always stated that this is to be considered as fiction.

Century 7 Quatrain 17
The Prince rare in pity and mercy
Will come to change through death great knowledge:
Through great tranquility the realm attended to,
When the great one
Soon will be fleeced.(huh? Wool?)

I can't really keep up with your trains of thought so why try.Is nice to get a response though,what prompted you.

Lake Villa, IL

#31503 Jul 24, 2014
I will say that the caricature at the bottom right corner of this artwork looks remarkably like my ex wife though.

Lincoln in Dalivision was created based on the Dalí painting Gala Contemplating the Mediterranean Sea which at a distance of 20 meters is transformed into the portrait of Abraham Lincoln (Homage to Rothko). Dalí painted two original versions of this painting spanning from 1974 – 1976, which are similar but not exactly the same. The first resides in the Museum in Figueras, Spain. The second resides in the permanent collection of The Salvador Dalí Museum in Saint Petersburg, Florida.[8] This painting is the basis for the Lincoln in Dalivision lithograph. Prior to the acquisition by The Salvador Dalí Museum, the painting resided in Japan.

Lake Villa, IL

#31504 Jul 24, 2014
What do you think he was trying to say?

Some of the information in this article was taken from my own experience, as well as a few Dali books. Dali liked hiding things in his paintings by using optical illusions. In the middle of this painting, a woman, who is Dali's wife (Gala) looking out of a cross-shaped window overlooking the harbor. The window happens to be a cross that also outlines the shape of Lincoln's head. At the right side, slightly below the horizontal mid-section of the painting we see 4 tiles aligned together to form another cross. By taking a closer look of the upper region of the Abraham Lincoln head, yet another cross painted out as a cloud formation can be spotted. To the left of that cross and directly where the sun is shining through the reddish-orange clouds one can spot a reference to one of Dali's other controversial paintings entitled "Christ of St John of the Cross" which is considered one of the finest works of Salvador Dali. When people think of the most reproduced painting by Salvador Dali, they may falsely guess that it is the famous The Persistence of Memory (with it's Dali's hallmark melting clocks). In reality "Christ of St John of the Cross" is considered to be the most reproduced painting by Salvador Dali.

Some parts of this painting are rendered in the style known as "trompe l'oeli", where adding subtle shadows to the objects makes them seem to leap out from the flat surface of the painting, creating a subtle but very effective 3-dimensional illusion. This effect has been used on the walls in the painting where the plaster is breaking and peeling off, revealing some of the tiles.

I have a little story about that part of St Petersburg.If you care to hear it sometime.

Lake Villa, IL

#31505 Jul 24, 2014
I was in high school during the 74-76 time period . No ,can't be reality. Can it?

Lake Villa, IL

#31506 Jul 24, 2014
I spent some time on a boat there,Salt Creek ,right next to the Coast Guard station ,Had all those marijuana leaves painted on the coast guard boats ,like notches on a gun.Used to pass by the Dali Museum all the time.

Lake Villa, IL

#31507 Jul 24, 2014
COAST GUARD THWARTING MARIJUANA TRAFFICKERS
By GEORGE VOLSKY
Published: July 4, 1981

MIAMI, July 3— A golden marijuana leaf, painted on the mast of the Dauntless, a United States Coast Guard cutter, was unveiled here Wednesday at a ceremony attended by representatives of local lawenforcement agencies.

The distinction meant that the 210-foot cutter had joined the Steadfast, based in St. Petersburg, Fla., in becoming the Coast Guard's second ''millionaire'' vessel, having intercepted more than a million tons of marijuana.

Lake Villa, IL

#31508 Jul 24, 2014
Used to joke that my second wife was like the St Pete pier, long walk up ,with a coconuts lounge and an observation deck on top. She was smarter than me.

Lake Villa, IL

#31509 Jul 24, 2014
Sorry if I'm not being politically correct,she passed away on New Year's Day 1998. She didn't mind the joke.

Lake Villa, IL

#31510 Jul 24, 2014
The Dali painting caricature depicts my third wife.

Lake Villa, IL

#31511 Jul 24, 2014
I'm telling you ,I copied the same ,it transferred funky

The prince who has little pity of mercy,
Will come through death to become very knowledgeable:
The kingdom will be attended with great tranquility,
When the great one will soon be fleeced.

Le Prince rare en pitié & clemence,
Apres auoir la paix aux siens baillé:
Viendra changer par mort grand cognoissance,
Par grand repos le regne trauaillé.
Answer Man

Marion, AR

#31512 Jul 24, 2014
I too love literature

Mr Ed
A horse is a horse
Of course of course
And no one can talk to a horse,
Of course
That is, of course
Unless the horse
Is the famous Mister Ed!

Go right to the source
And ask the horse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse
He's always on a steady course
Talk to Mister Ed!

People yakkity-yak a streak
And waste your time of day
But Mister Ed will never speak
Unless he has something to say!

Oh, a horse is a horse
Of course, of course
And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking horse?

Well, listen to this:
"... I am Mister Ed!"
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/television/mr-ed-ly...

Lake Villa, IL

#31513 Jul 24, 2014
I remember a man in a sailboat next door that ,while in the cabin of his boat,reached up and from a hook on the ceiling,grabbed a spear gun ,slid the board on his kitchen counter over ,and tried to spear a mullet .It's part of the reason that I use the "sailboat" in my email address .Im landlocked ,believe me.

Sorry ,Im off topic.
I like playing mind games ,remembering better times when things are bleek. In a factory ,workers used to walk past me heads down ,(downtrodden) so I used to pass them ,look up to the ceiling and pretend the sun was shining down on me ,and say "Miami Beach".
After awhile they started doing it to me everytime they passed,smiling.

Lake Villa, IL

#31514 Jul 24, 2014
down·trod·den adjective \&#712;dau&#775;n- &#712;trä-d&#601;n\
: without hope because of being treated badly by powerful people, governments, etc.

Lake Villa, IL

#31515 Jul 24, 2014
Why would the Secretary of State remove a driving permit already in place ,10 months ,no infractions ,with a breathalyzer ,when you get a job?

Might have to ask David Duerson ,it was his old place that hired me.

Lake Villa, IL

#31516 Jul 24, 2014
Dave Duerson
No. 22, 26
Safety
Personal information
Date of birth: November 28, 1960
Place of birth: Muncie, Indiana
Date of death: February 17, 2011 (aged 50)
Place of death: Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Weight: 202 lb (92 kg)
Career information
High school: Muncie (IN) Northside
College: Notre Dame
NFL Draft: 1983 / Round: 3 / Pick: 64
Debuted in 1983
Last played in 1993
Career history
Duerson played football, basketball, and baseball at Muncie (Indiana) Northside High School. He was given an opportunity to play for the Los Angeles Dodgers as a pitcher and outfielder in 1979, but declined. Duerson received many honors during his high school years, including the 1979 Indiana Mr. Football,and was part of the National Honor Society and The Musical Ambassadors All-American BandEdit

Duerson played college football at the University of Notre Dame from 1979 to 1982.He graduated with honors, with a BA in Economics. He started all four years, and earned recognition as an All-American in 1981 and 1982. He was named as his team's MVP in 1982, and a Captain. He was the winner of the Edward "Moose" Krause Distinguished Service Award in 1990 by the Notre Dame Monogram Club, of which he was a past president. He was also a member of the University of Notre Dame Board of Trustees from 2001-2005.

Lake Villa, IL

#31517 Jul 24, 2014
The simple way to describe the Dave Duerson tragedy is this: A smart, talented, driven young man grew up in a Midwestern town, became a football star, graduated from a prestigious college, won two Super Bowls (one with the Bears, one with the Giants), earned his master’s in business from Harvard, raised a family, became a business millionaire, earned great political and ­community respect, saw it all crumble to dust and killed himself.
That may be factual, but in so many ways, it’s not the truth.
Dave Duerson was far too complicated to sum up in a mere run-on sentence of incidents. Indeed, his rise and fall has the earmarks of a Shakespearean tragedy — a complex protagonist displaying the great virtues and frailties of will, resolution, pride, stubbornness, genius, hubris, vanity and then, of course, the foreshadowed and frightful descent into darkness.
On Feb. 17, Duerson shot himself in the chest with a .38 special at his condo north of Miami.
He was 50. As far as anyone knows, he was not in ill health. More precisely, his body — being those organs, bones and tissues ­exclusive of the brain — was in decent shape. On his bankruptcy statement, interestingly, he had listed under yearly medical expenses:“$0.”
He had recently made a list of three new goals in his life: One — get a new job (“He was going to get back into the meat business down there, and he had a satellite-radio show that he was doing,’’ says best friend Harold Rice, the chief executive officer of the Albany Park Community Center on Chicago’s Northwest Side);
His business problems — a meat-packing plant that went under, personal financial ruin — were manifest, and he and his wife Alicia had divorced several years before.(That they were still best friends before his suicide hints at the complexity of his relationships with the world.) His four teenage and older children loved him, and he traveled up from Florida from time to time to see them at sporting events and to see Alicia. This was despite the fact he had angrily thrown Alicia against a wall, in a sudden and irrational burst of anger, while the couple were visiting Notre Dame in 2005 to attend a board of trustees meeting and to watch son Tregg play football. And despite the fact he had a new girlfriend in Washington, D.C., whom he had said he intended to marry.
Dave had been down, yes. And life was seemingly crumbling about him, if it wasn’t already demolished. And his price was such that the move to Florida was almost as much an escape from his adopted hometown of Chicago and its judgment as it was a place to start over. But as Alicia says,“The financial situation and all that — he had dealt withit.’’
“He came to me back in 2006 when it was all falling apart,’’ Rice says.“And he said,‘You know what a phoenix is?’ I said,‘Yes. A bird that rises from the ashes.’ He said,‘Well, that’s me. That’s what I’m going to be — a phoenix.
At the death scene — as tidy and clean a suicide venue as the investigating Dade County police had ever seen — Duerson even had new business cards laid out, ones that ­designated him as an executive of a Florida meat distributor.
In the condo, which Alicia and close family friend Otis Wilson and Rice would visit after the police investigation concluded, there was a bizarre, illogical ­normalcy to the place.
There was a Bible, and books in proper places, towels folded, the carpet vacuumed. His Cadillac Escalade in the downstairs parking lot was freshly cleaned and detailed.
“You would have thought that any second he was going to walk back in,’’ Rice says.
Indeed, Rice was so disturbed by the rationality of the scene — all except the large blood stain on the mattress — that he told Alicia,“This stuff doesn’t add up.’’ He was certain it must have been a murder.
But the security cameras showed that no one had come or gone from Duerson’s apartment in two days. There were long, typed letters from Duerson, but they were not about suicide, and Rice thought they could have been forged

Lake Villa, IL

#31519 Jul 24, 2014
It wouldn't let me post it,7 times I tried

Lake Villa, IL

#31520 Jul 24, 2014
Why are you hiding Answer Man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
american pickers 23 min wondering 1
help 1 hr Guest 3
Supreme Court 2 hr Bond 10
mikey johnson 3 hr Ray 14
confederate flag 5 hr Johnny reb 1
County cops VS city cops (Nov '09) 12 hr guest 31
Mayor's Nephew 14 hr Just Wondering 1
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE