6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30881 Jul 1, 2014
Barney, you neglected to include the part of wiki that says that Dutch is closely related to German and English, a common fault, only pasting the parts that support your point. The Germanic languages include some 58 (SIL estimate) languages and dialects that originated in Europe; this language family is a part of the Indo-European language family. Each subfamily in this list contains subgroups and individual languages. I guess none of those languages because you don't understand the definition of a language.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#30882 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
Barney, you neglected to include the part of wiki that says that Dutch is closely related to German and English, a common fault, only pasting the parts that support your point. The Germanic languages include some 58 (SIL estimate) languages and dialects that originated in Europe; this language family is a part of the Indo-European language family. Each subfamily in this list contains subgroups and individual languages. I guess none of those languages because you don't understand the definition of a language

Then that certainly stands to reason why the majority of the Netherlands people speak German don't you think?

Location hidden

#30884 Jul 1, 2014
Well Mr/Ms Linguist you seem to be ignoring this, think I will just keep rubbing it in till you grow a pair and explain yourself.

Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What is really funny is that the whole statement was satirical and the poster lived in the Netherlands for years and that the people of that country have their own language. You were not being personally attacked, everyone attacks you. You're kind of an idiot.

Barney Says-

Would you please be so kind as to direct me to the post you labeled "satirical".
Then if it is not asking too much, please explain why you believe it is.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30885 Jul 1, 2014
So you've admitted defeat about the language part. The Dutch in occupied Netherlands would argue about their speaking German. Your saying that Dutch is German is about like saying that orange is red because it contains a majority of red. A German in the Netherlands could get by, but they would not be fluent. The two languages are no where as similar as American English and Great Britain English. Tell you what, find a Dutch paper and a German paper posting the same AP story, look at the differences.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30886 Jul 1, 2014
Dutch
Barney, je bent een idioot
German
krach, ein Idiot bist du

I guess you are right, the same in both languages

Rogers, AR

#30887 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
Dutch
Barney, je bent een idioot
German
krach, ein Idiot bist du
I guess you are right, the same in both languages
Morons come in all forms hey Hrshloch.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30888 Jul 1, 2014
Barney cannot cope with reality

German
Barney kann nicht mit der Realitšt fertig zu werden
Dutch
barney kan niet omgaan met de werkelijkheid

There is actually much more difference than I remembered. My neighbor in Utrecht could get us by in Germany but we did sometimes need to find someone who spoke English. He was of no use in France. The younger Europeans usually spoke English so I seldom had issues.

I had even wondered why Rosetta Stone offers courses in both languages if they're the same, probably a marketing ploy.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30889 Jul 1, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>Morons come in all forms hey Hrshloch.
Don't give Barney a hard time, he's a rotten loser.
you are a Fool

Rogers, AR

#30890 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give Barney a hard time, he's a rotten loser.
It was directed at you Mush Nazi.
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30891 Jul 1, 2014
So many critics from Rogers. Barney, you're wearing yourself out judging these posts. We suspected you were a fool, you had to prove it..
Harly

New York, NY

#30892 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
So many critics from Rogers. Barney, you're wearing yourself out judging these posts. We suspected you were a fool, you had to prove it..
WTF are you retarded or just plain ass stupid?Rogers was right on the Money with you and Barny has had you're number from the Start.Give it a rest.before you Linguistic to death. Oh for a pimple on a ass you seem to think you're so smart.....hahahhahaha Ignorant is more to the truth
Linguist

Jonesboro, AR

#30893 Jul 1, 2014
Harly wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you retarded or just plain ass stupid?Rogers was right on the Money with you and Barny has had you're number from the Start.Give it a rest.before you Linguistic to death. Oh for a pimple on a ass you seem to think you're so smart.....hahahhahaha Ignorant is more to the truth
Barney, you keep telling me that the two languages are the same. Barney you known that I'm number one from the start but you just can't compete. You sure worry a lot about my ass. Are you still registered?
Speller Feller

Conway, AR

#30894 Jul 1, 2014
Harly wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you retarded or just plain ass stupid?Rogers was right on the Money with you and Barny has had you're number from the Start.Give it a rest.before you Linguistic to death. Oh for a pimple on a ass you seem to think you're so smart.....hahahhahaha Ignorant is more to the truth
Barney, what in the world is wrong with you? How have you made it this far in life without being institutionalized? You have the mind of a child.

You best stick to rolling around laughing instead of adding more make believe characters to your pretend fan club!

So sad...so pitiful and sad.
Just when you think you can't make yourself a bigger idiot, you far exceed
Expectations.

Rogers, AR

#30895 Jul 1, 2014
Speller Feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney, what in the world is wrong with you? How have you made it this far in life without being institutionalized? You have the mind of a child.
You best stick to rolling around laughing instead of adding more make believe characters to your pretend fan club!
So sad...so pitiful and sad.
Just when you think you can't make yourself a bigger idiot, you far exceed
Expectations.
I suspect you and the other ding dong are married to each other.

Location hidden

#30896 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney, you keep telling me that the two languages are the same. Barney you known that I'm number one from the start but you just can't compete. You sure worry a lot about my ass. Are you still registered?
LMFAO show me one post where I said they were the same. Evidently the meaning of the words "majority of the people speak German" escapes you .

Location hidden

#30897 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
So you've admitted defeat about the language part. The Dutch in occupied Netherlands would argue about their speaking German. Your saying that Dutch is German is about like saying that orange is red because it contains a majority of red. A German in the Netherlands could get by, but they would not be fluent. The two languages are no where as similar as American English and Great Britain English. Tell you what, find a Dutch paper and a German paper posting the same AP story, look at the differences.
Why on earth would I need two news papers I can use Google translation like you just did.

Location hidden

#30898 Jul 1, 2014
Linguist wrote:
Barney cannot cope with reality
German
Barney kann nicht mit der Realitšt fertig zu werden
Dutch
barney kan niet omgaan met de werkelijkheid
There is actually much more difference than I remembered. My neighbor in Utrecht could get us by in Germany but we did sometimes need to find someone who spoke English. He was of no use in France. The younger Europeans usually spoke English so I seldom had issues.
I had even wondered why Rosetta Stone offers courses in both languages if they're the same, probably a marketing ploy.
I do believe you would find many people in the Netherlands that speak at least two languages being that they teach the English language in their schools .

Location hidden

#30899 Jul 1, 2014
Harly wrote:
sociopath would be more like it.
Speller Feller

Conway, AR

#30900 Jul 1, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect you and the other ding dong are married to each other.
You see, Barney, this is what happens to suspicious idiotic minds.
You speak, and remove any suspicion as to the fact you are an idiot!!
Every...Single...Time...
Speller Feller

Conway, AR

#30901 Jul 1, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>sociopath would be more like it.
Answering yourself on topix...well, that's certainly idiotic...but psychotic probably trumps idiocy here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shane Richey 39 min guest 5
John Fears, Fears Funeral Home 54 min Facts 7
Need married FWN 2 hr Hunting 1
food stamps 4 hr Guest 4
Amanda Hart Spencer 6 hr Lol 1
Why did Savannah Hart get her son taken away? 6 hr Guest 14
Anyone know Elisa Tippitt? 9 hr Guest 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages