6,257 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

you need to pay more tax

London, UK

#30615 May 10, 2014
Remember when Barack Obama was caught on a hot mic telling Russian President Dmitri Medvedyev to let incoming Russian President Vladimir Putin know that after his re-election he would have more "flexibility"? If you don't remember, check it out here. If you do, well now we are seeing a bit of that flexibility in motion. The Obama Department of Defense is going to spend nearly $700 million to buy Russian Mi-17 helicopters for the Afghan Air Force.

That's right,$700 million of U.S. taxpayer money is going to fund our enemy's air force. However, not only could this be considered treasonous, but even by the federal government's 2013 National Defense Authorization Act they are in violation of their own legislation.

According to Riz Novosti:

WASHINGTON, April 4 (By Maria Young for RIA Novosti) The US Department of Defense said Thursday it plans to sidestep a Congressional ban to purchase 30 helicopters from Russian state-owned defense firm Rosoboronexport, despite objections from US lawmakers who allege that the firm has equipped the Syrian government to commit brutal crimes against civilians.

"The Department of Defense (DOD) has notified Congress of its intent to contract with Rosoboronexport for 30 additional Mi-17 rotary-wing aircraft to support the Afghanistan National Security Forces (ANSF) Special Mission Wing," Pentagon spokesman James Gregory told RIA Novosti in emailed comments.

The 2013 National Defense Authorization Act, approved by Congress last year, includes an amendment that prohibits financial contracts between the United States and Rosoboronexport, except when the Secretary of Defense determines that such arrangements are in the interest of national security.

"Given current timelines, the department has determined that Rosoboronexport is the only viable means of meeting ANSF requirements" for the helicopters, Gregory said.

The contract totals $690 million, most of which would go to the Russian arms maker, he added.

Obviously the question should be, why are we not spending money on American made helicopters? Second, why are we spending any money on helicopters for enemies? Third, why are we giving money to Russia for these helicopters?

Well the Obama administration doesn't want the U.S. economy to actually improve, that's why they aren't spending here. It seems this is also a bit of the flexibility he spoke of in 2012 and maybe a bit of payback to President Putin. Also, the Afghans have been trained to operate Russian aircraft, so switching to a new platform would delay the transition by three years, according to Gregory.
Questions

Van Buren, AR

#30616 May 10, 2014
I voted for Alex Selkirk today
speller feller

Batesville, AR

#30617 May 11, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
What a great day to be a Republican.
The National Republican Congressional Committee authored a blog post on Tuesday entitled: "Here's What You Need To Know About Trey Gowdy & The House GOP's Select Committee on Benghazi."
Then, at the bottom, the blog post allows viewers to enter their names and emails to "stand with Congressman Gowdy." And then there's the line:
"Help fight liberals by donating today." This all comes as Gowdy said Wednesday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that Republicans shouldn't raise money off Benghazi.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/go...
(Just because...)
Yes, this Republican Congressman got caught in the double-talk of politics. Why politicians think they can say one thing and do another is beyond me! Whatever the political opinion is as to whether this is about money or searching for answers, his double-talk has hurt his credibility, for sure.
But Barney, you should have investigated this clip from MSNBC 'Morning Joe' show before you referenced it as if it were like discovering gold! You wouldn't have been nearly as eager to cite your source had you realized the entire content!
This little nugget source that you referenced was from a 17 minute long clip from the 'Morning Joe' show.
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/harry-...
I highly recommend the clip, and thank Barney for bringing it to our attention!
- The first 10 minutes provide a wonderfully entertaining clip of Harry Reid doing quite a bit of double-talking himself!
-He shares an enlightening explanation as to why the Koch Bros. are bad and 'only in it for the money' while Sheldon Adelson is good, and 'doesn't care anything about the money'!
It is priceless!
-The hosts then spend several minutes raking him over the coals before turning their attention to more of his taped interview discussing Hillary Clinton and a possible run for president. After awkward pauses and stammering a few odd sentences, the hosts pick him apart again, reminding everyone about Reid's lack of support for Hillary in 2008, and Bills visit to Reid's home state of Nevada bemoaning the election he being sure it was 'fixed'.
Again, priceless!!
-And then, for an entire ONE MINUTE AND FOURTEEN SECONDS, the hosts talk about the republican Congressman, and his double-talk. They all agree it was stupid, they agree it should be removed, and then...they move on without another thought!
-The last 5 - 6 minutes are the most interesting of all! You REALLY will wish you had taken a peek at the very show you referenced to give credibility to your post above, because the rest of the clip, the hosts spend discussing the debacle and what it could mean for the White House and Hillary Clinton.
( http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemp...
"The Freedom of Information Act hounds at Judicial Watch last week unearthed a Benghazi-related article that had not yet met with public scrutiny. It's an email White House official Ben Rhodes sent on the morning of September 14, just two days before then, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice made her famous, mistaken remarks on Sunday talk shows about how the Benghazi attacks were prompted by a video. The Rhodes email, titled "PREP CALL with Susan" addressed protests across the Middle East and advised Rice to mention a controversial video as the cause, as opposed to blaming them on 'broader failure of policy.'
That advice contradicted the longstanding White House contention that it didn't politically influence the information that Rice took with her to the political talk shows, where the central topic was the Benghazi attacks. And, it helped prompt House Republicans to plan a select committee on Benghazi.")
Again, Barney, thank you for the source! It proved enlightening!!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#30619 May 11, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he sell any of these instances as something they weren't like, let's say, an internet video? Question is, did Bush allow the military to do their job or tell them to stand down as Obama and his administration did? BTW, I thought blaming Bush for Obama's epic failure of a presidency had run it's course. I think the new thing is to blame the current congress for Obama's failures. I just want you to be up-to-date on who to blame for your leader's disasters in leadership.
Numb Nuts, the BS you posted above has long been debunked.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/bengh...
Politico

Cantonment, FL

#30620 May 11, 2014
Hell no.

It's SUNday. MOTHER's Day, you fools!!

No Polling Places Open, No Ballots To Be Cast.

Go call Your Moms.

“It's the one thing-INXS”

Since: Mar 14

Narragansett, RI

#30621 May 11, 2014
Politico wrote:
Hell no.
It's SUNday. MOTHER's Day, you fools!!
No Polling Places Open, No Ballots To Be Cast.
Go call Your Moms.
Good call. LOL!
independent voter

United States

#30622 May 11, 2014
That's funny, old Barney pretending he's from Washington DC. He'd fit right in with the Obamas, though and they've got their extended family living in the White House anyway, so Barney might be able to suck up to Michelle's mama or some of the others enough to get him some after all.

“It's the one thing-INXS”

Since: Mar 14

Narragansett, RI

#30623 May 11, 2014
Love that Trey Gowdy!! &#128153;
Demo

Van Buren, AR

#30624 May 11, 2014
speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
(Just because...)
Yes, this Republican Congressman got caught in the double-talk of politics. Why politicians think they can say one thing and do another is beyond me! Whatever the political opinion is as to whether this is about money or searching for answers, his double-talk has hurt his credibility, for sure.
But Barney, you should have investigated this clip from MSNBC 'Morning Joe' show before you referenced it as if it were like discovering gold! You wouldn't have been nearly as eager to cite your source had you realized the entire content!
This little nugget source that you referenced was from a 17 minute long clip from the 'Morning Joe' show.
- The first 10 minutes provide a wonderfully entertaining clip of Harry Reid doing quite a bit of double-talking himself!
-He shares an enlightening explanation as to why the Koch Bros. are bad and 'only in it for the money' while Sheldon Adelson is good, and 'doesn't care anything about the money'!
It is priceless!
-The hosts then spend several minutes raking him over the coals before turning their attention to more of his taped interview discussing Hillary Clinton and a possible run for president. After awkward pauses and stammering a few odd sentences, the hosts pick him apart again, reminding everyone about Reid's lack of support for Hillary in 2008, and Bills visit to Reid's home state of Nevada bemoaning the election he being sure it was 'fixed'.
Again, priceless!!
-And then, for an entire ONE MINUTE AND FOURTEEN SECONDS, the hosts talk about the republican Congressman, and his double-talk. They all agree it was stupid, they agree it should be removed, and then...they move on without another thought!
-The last 5 - 6 minutes are the most interesting of all! You REALLY will wish you had taken a peek at the very show you referenced to give credibility to your post above, because the rest of the clip, the hosts spend discussing the debacle and what it could mean for the White House and Hillary Clinton.
"The Freedom of Information Act hounds at Judicial Watch last week unearthed a Benghazi-related article that had not yet met with public scrutiny. It's an email White House official Ben Rhodes sent on the morning of September 14, just two days before then, U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice made her famous, mistaken remarks on Sunday talk shows about how the Benghazi attacks were prompted by a video. The Rhodes email, titled "PREP CALL with Susan" addressed protests across the Middle East and advised Rice to mention a controversial video as the cause, as opposed to blaming them on 'broader failure of policy.'
That advice contradicted the longstanding White House contention that it didn't politically influence the information that Rice took with her to the political talk shows, where the central topic was the Benghazi attacks. And, it helped prompt House Republicans to plan a select committee on Benghazi.")
They were jumping ship
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#30625 May 11, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Numb Nuts, the BS you posted above has long been debunked.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/bengh...
You realize that when only one side of the argument says something is "debunked" then it doesn't count? Or do you?
really

Oklahoma City, OK

#30626 May 11, 2014
Did you?
Speller feller

Conway, AR

#30627 May 12, 2014
speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
It is priceless!
Again, priceless!!
Barney, since you can't use your words to comment on these topics, I'm glad you have your little pictures to express yourself!
Words are hard for you, I know. The little cartoon pics are far more your level to articulate your frustration over having to use your words!!
Too bad the White House didn't have these little pics instead of 'PREP CALL with Susan'!
Maybe a little phone...a stick girl...anything but names!
I can see why you struggle with words, since you parrot those that aren't very smart.
speller feller

Conway, AR

#30628 May 12, 2014
Well, the liberal loons are slinging lots of Benghazi lies, so Barney should be loading up his cut and paste arsenal for the round table.
There are several 'catch phrases and words' that liberal loon Pelosi and others are specifically using...and if past posts are indicative of what Barney will be ranting next... just watch a few clips from the crazies as they deny, deny, deny...in spite of evidence and facts!
The blame game is also a favorite of theirs...as was Barneys last timeline of those killed under President G.W. Bush.
Apparently, Barney was more concerned and grieved for these families, yet doesn't care to mock and scream lies and conspiracy about grieving Benghazi families. Again, another thing he learned from the liberal left crazies!
Barney is in the lower percentage of crazies that chose to believe them!
He pulled his typical ' run-a-way bride' stunt, but now Nancy has that wild eyed look about her, there is a camera in her face, and she's ranting!
Barney is sure to follow!
Old Army

Vilonia, AR

#30629 May 12, 2014
I voted today. Couldn't find Barney's name anywhere. Guess he is running unopposed for ____________ (fillin the blank).

Location hidden

#30630 May 13, 2014
Old Army wrote:
I voted today. Couldn't find Barney's name anywhere. Guess he is running unopposed for __________fill in the blank)
You would have not seen my name on any Republican ballot Mr. Independent voter.
Speller feller

Greenbrier, AR

#30631 May 13, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You would have not seen my name on any Republican ballot Mr. Independent voter.
Presumptious as always, since party affiliation was never mentioned.
Such big talk from you just a few days ago. Lots of that hyena laughing...

Location hidden

#30632 May 13, 2014
Speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Presumptious as always, since party affiliation was never mentioned.
Such big talk from you just a few days ago. Lots of that hyena laughing...
"Presumptious", I presume you meant presumptuous, and you are wrong about that as well.

If you were to look back at past comments of Old Army on this thread you will find O.A. has professed on numerous occasions to be an independent voter and he hates Democrats.

You see it is primary season, you ask for Republican or a Democrat ballot.

YEP, Still LMFAO
Fun Coupling

Jonesboro, AR

#30633 May 13, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Presumptious", I presume you meant presumptuous, and you are wrong about that as well.
If you were to look back at past comments of Old Army on this thread you will find O.A. has professed on numerous occasions to be an independent voter and he hates Democrats.
YEP, Still LMFAO
So many areas in the state where there are no Republican issues being voted on, just makes sense to vote on the Dem ballot. Isn't an opposed Republican candidate in my area. Congratulations on the over turn of the gay marriage ban.
Old Army

Vilonia, AR

#30634 May 13, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
YEP, Still LMFAO
Dumbass, don't put words on my keyboard. I am an independent voter and I don't hate Democrats. In fact I have voted for more Democrats than Republicans in the last 45 years. Both the Democrat and Republican ballots were posted on the wall at my courthouse. Unlike you I am an informed voter.

Location hidden

#30635 May 13, 2014
Old Army wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, don't put words on my keyboard. I am an independent voter and I don't hate Democrats. In fact I have voted for more Democrats than Republicans in the last 45 years. Both the Democrat and Republican ballots were posted on the wall at my courthouse. Unlike you I am an informed voter.
Out side of local elections, when was the last time you voted for a Democrat, better yet, how many times have you voted in 45 years?

Congrats on being familiar with your county ballot, now are you sure my name is not on any of the other 74 county ballots in Ark.

Some times you just have hold your nose and vote Dem. and join the Army because you flunked the Navy test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is Pocahontas a nice place 41 min Randolph County 7
heather d 3 hr auntie 6
desperately seeking housing 4 hr puscifer 1
Tim bagwell 6 hr Guest 7
Larry Haynes (Sep '09) 11 hr donnie 49
Joe grider (Sep '09) 11 hr fyi 208
protest and boycott 12 hr No Liars 17
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE