Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG- you are not this f*ucking stupid, quite acting like such a knuckle head, you know damn well you either did not read the entire article, or did not read it all before running off at the mouth about it.
The cut and paste below came from the Reuters article you referred to in your post but did not bother to post a link.......... NO worries, I just posted it the second time for you.
Carlisle did not give details of the incidents and the Defense Department and the U.S. Air Force and Navy in the Pacific did not immediately respond to a request for more information.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/06/us -..
You really should go back, focus on the article, and read it slowly.
You are completely mistaken about the context, or you are lying and distorting the content on purpose.
The incident happened, the General was very specific to the committee he was speaking to, even showing a picture of our military intercepting a Russian plane.
That is also on the article. You must have missed that.
The General didn't give details on ALL of the other very real incidents that are happening and that he spoke of to the committee, and were cited in the beginning of the article.
And the Defense Department, the Navy and Air Force didn't respond to Reuters request for more information, nor do they have to respond, you big goofball, not because there were no occurrences, as the article clearly states that have been ongoing and with more frequency since the Cold War.
How you 'missed' all of that, be it intentional or through stupidity, only you know...but maybe you don't...
citizen

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Is it time to vote?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Speller Feller wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should go back, focus on the article, and read it slowly.
You are completely mistaken about the context, or you are lying and distorting the content on purpose.
The incident happened, the General was very specific to the committee he was speaking to, even showing a picture of our military intercepting a Russian plane.
That is also on the article. You must have missed that.
The General didn't give details on ALL of the other very real incidents that are happening and that he spoke of to the committee, and were cited in the beginning of the article.
And the Defense Department, the Navy and Air Force didn't respond to Reuters request for more information, nor do they have to respond, you big goofball, not because there were no occurrences, as the article clearly states that have been ongoing and with more frequency since the Cold War.
How you 'missed' all of that, be it intentional or through stupidity, only you know...but maybe you don't...
No doubt he said it numb nuts, but nobody is stepping up to verify his story as the article said and it was some slick from another think tank that said that said that about the frequency anyway.

My god, who has ever heard of some one from the Pentagon saber rattling in front of a think tank in Washington D.C..

One the largest think tanks in D,C., now if you have the balls young man, tell us how many Republicans sit on the board of directors of that think tank that was founded by Republicans.
Speller feller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt he said it numb nuts, but nobody is stepping up to verify his story as the article said and it was some slick from another think tank that said that said that about the frequency anyway.
My god, who has ever heard of some one from the Pentagon saber rattling in front of a think tank in Washington D.C..
One the largest think tanks in D,C., now if you have the balls young man, tell us how many Republicans sit on the board of directors of that think tank that was founded by Republicans.
Rueters doesn't dispute the validity of the incidents occurring. In fact, never once in the entire article...even what you've quoted, is there a question of the validity. The only one that thinks the info isn't verified is your poor, simplistic, thick, failing mind.
And to top it off, you are accusing a General in the United States Air Force of being a liar!

The title of the article doesn't dispute whether it's correct and needs to be verified...the title of the article by Rueters says Russian planes FLEW...

Just because you repeat false and stupid information doesn't make it correct information.
But it does prove you to be a false and stupid idiot.
You are speaking out of your already lunatic mind, and instead of realizing it, you continue to make an idiot out of yourself.
Which is perfectly fine with me!!
Do we believe a General, Reuters, CBS, and every other affiliate that is running the story as truth, or do we listen to Barney.
That's simply rhetorical, as the answer is clear.
speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
Now Hawk , I am a old school Republican, and I sure do think President Reagan was right when he said, "trust but verify" ..........
So I thought I would, here is what happen.......
Carlisle did not give details of the incidents and the Defense Department and the U.S. Air Force and Navy in the Pacific did not immediately respond to a request for more information.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/06/us-...
Guess that just goes to show you, what he says to Right Wing think tank can not be verified.
Hopefully, this will stop you from responding any further...the entire article. It's doubtful you will shut up, because I'm not sure you have the capability to understand the articulation of the article below, but it will be a good laugh for those that can comprehend what they read to compare the article with your analysis!
It's really a gutsy move on your part, though, to call a General in the Air Force a liar.
I'm not sure why you brought in the Pentagon...that was never mentioned by anyone but you...again, perfect example of ineptness!

"U.S.: Russian Planes Flew Near California, Guam, in Upped Activity"

(Reuters)- The head of U.S. air forces in the Pacific said on Monday that Russia's intervention in Ukraine had been accompanied by a significant increase in Russian air activity in the Asia-Pacific region in a show of strength and to gather intelligence.

General Herbert "Hawk" Carlisle said the activity had included Russian flights to the coast of California, and around the U.S. Pacific island of Guam.
Carlisle said the number of long-range Russian patrols around the Japanese islands and Korea had increased "drastically." He said there had also been "a lot more ship activity as well."

Speaking at Washington's Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank, Carlisle showed a slide of a U.S. F-15 fighter jet intercepting a Russian "Bear" aircraft over Guam. He used the Cold War NATO name for Russia's Tupolov Tu-95 strategic bomber.

"Certainly what's going on in Ukraine and Crimea is a challenge for us and it's a challenge for us in Asia Pacific as well as Europe," Carlisle said.
He said there had been "a significant" increase in Russian activity in the Asia Pacific "and we relate a lot of that to what's going on in the Ukraine."

"They've come with their long-range aviation out to the coast of California, they've circumnavigated Guam," he said.
"That's to demonstrate their capability to do it, it's to gather intel," Carlisle said, adding that the surveillance had included observation of military exercises involving U.S. forces in South Korea and Japan.
"There are things that are concerning with respect to how they operate and how transparent they are with other nations in the vicinity," he said.

Mike Green, senior vice president for Asia at CSIS, said the frequency of incidents was up and described them as being "evocative of the Cold War".
Russian President Vladimir Putin announced in 2007 that Russia was resuming Soviet-era sorties by its strategic bomber aircraft near NATO airspace that were suspended in 1992 after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Putin, who made the announcement during a joint military exercise with China, said the move was necessary to guarantee Russia's safety and that other nations had not followed Moscow's example in suspending such flights."
speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG- you are not this f*ucking stupid, quite acting like such a knuckle head, you know damn well you either did not read the entire article, or did not read it all before running off at the mouth about it.
The cut and paste below came from the Reuters article you referred to in your post but did not bother to post a link.......... NO worries, I just posted it the second time for you.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/06/us -..
Sorry. I don't have anything to add to this wealth of stupid...I just wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to see your brilliance at it's finest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I don't have anything to add to this wealth of stupid...I just wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to see your brilliance at it's finest
Funny thing how you and Blagg both transposed the letters E and U in Reuters in your post.

Did you take over for that retarded crouch span of yours and finish the post , I see you got Reuters right in the last paragraph?

Now in your post, it contained the same paragraph I cut and pasted. What do you not understand about the General gave no details, and none had been verified. Just that simple.

END OF STORY

So there was a plane off the coast of California, how dam far off the coast was it, was it in US air space, at what date was it off the coast. See- no details

The rest of that story about intercepting air craft in Guam that is all over the web with details of what happen, see any details about the Ca. coast?

I'm not going to explain tonight how the pentagon enters into this deal tonight, but I will damn sure explain it to you tomorrow, but it sure as Hell looks like you might have a clue since the General works there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I don't have anything to add to this wealth of stupid...I just wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to see your brilliance at it's finest
Looks like I was wrong, you are that f*cking stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Two Russian bombers have been caught circling the US island of Guam in a 'highly unusual' move some are claiming shows President Vladimir Putin's growing strategic assertiveness towards America.

The aircraft - Russian Tu-95 Bear-H bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons - flew over the western Pacific island just hours before Obama's state of the union address on Tuesday and were intercepted by Air Force F-15 jets.

Officials insisted the surprise training mission 'stayed professional' and said it was unclear whether the bombers were equipped with nuclear missiles. The bombers remained in international air space, they said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22796...

Remained in international air space, how about that?
speller feller

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I was wrong, you are that f*cking stupid.
See Barney.
See Barney cuss.
See Barney run.
Run, Barney, run!
speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investigations/fa...

FAA Confirms Spy Plane Scrambled Air Traffic Control in California
First published May 5th 2014, 6:47 pm

"The Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed an exclusive NBC News report that a Cold War-era spy plane scrambled the computer systems of a major air traffic control system in Southern California, resulting in region-wide air travel delays affecting hundreds of flights and thousands of passengers.

In a statement, the FAA acknowledged that its air traffic system, which processes flight plan information,“experienced problems while processing a flight plan filed for a U-2 aircraft that operates at very high altitudes under visual flight rules.”
The U-2 spy plane, the same type of aircraft that flew high-altitude spy missions over Russia 50 years ago, passed through the airspace monitored by the L.A. Air Route Traffic Control Center in Palmdale, Calif., around 2 p.m. on Wednesday. The L.A. Center handles landings and departures at the region’s major airports, including Los Angeles International (LAX), San Diego and Las Vegas.

The computers at the L.A. Center are programmed to keep commercial airliners and other aircraft from colliding with each other. According to sources, the U-2 was flying at 60,000 feet, but the computers were attempting to keep it from colliding with planes that were actually miles beneath it.

Though the exact technical causes are not known, the spy plane’s altitude and route apparently overloaded a computer system called ERAM, which generates display data for air-traffic controllers. Back-up computer systems also failed.

“The computer system interpreted the flight as a more typical low altitude operation, and began processing it for a route below 10,000 feet,” said the FAA in its statement.

“The extensive number of routings that would have been required to de-conflict the aircraft with lower-altitude flights," said the FAA, "used a large amount of available memory and interrupted the computer’s other flight-processing functions.”

The FAA had to stop accepting flights into airspace managed by the L.A. Center, issuing a nationwide ground stop that lasted for about an hour.

At LAX, one of the nation’s busiest airports, there were 27 cancellations of arriving flights, as well as 212 delays and 27 diversions to other airports. Twenty-three departing flights were cancelled, while 216 were delayed. There were also delays at the airports in Burbank, Long Beach, Ontario and Orange County and at other airports across the Southwestern U.S.
The agency said that the issues were resolved within an hour and that the system was immediately adjusted and now requires “specific altitude information for each flight plan,” In addition the agency said it has enabled facilities that use the computer system to significantly increase the amount of flight-processing memory available.

“The FAA is confident these steps will prevent a reoccurrence of this specific problem and other potential similar issues going forward,” the FAA statement said.

Developed more than a half-century ago, the U-2 was once a workhorse of U.S. airborne surveillance. The plane’s “operational ceiling” is 70,000 feet. In 1960, Francis Gary Powers was flying a U-2 for the CIA over the Soviet Union when he was shot down. He was held captive by the Russians for two years before being exchanged for a KGB colonel in U.S. custody. A second U.S. U-2 was shot down over Cuba in 1962, killing the pilot."
speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

Barney, CNN and NBC are also reporting this story. They, too, believe the General, and take him at his word, unlike you.

They probably don't know what you know, either.
You better add them to your contact list, and set the record straight!
That list is growing...now you can add the FAA.

You better get busy. That's several calls, and it will take hours before they can even begin to make sense of your cussing rants and accusations towards the General and the lies you are accusing him of.

speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

One more thing, before you begin your next cussing rant at me, and picking and choosing what you want to twist and turn out of this article, just remember that I only posted what NBC determined as fact by confirmation by the FAA.
If you want to 'interpret' the article as false, take it up with NBC...not me. They reported the news. I just shared the article.
speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>

...So there was a plane off the coast of California, how dam far off the coast was it, was it in US air space, at what date was it off the coast. See- no details
The rest of that story about intercepting air craft in Guam that is all over the web with details of what happen, see any details about the Ca. coast?
I'm not going to explain tonight how the pentagon enters into this deal tonight, but I will damn sure explain it to you tomorrow, but it sure as Hell looks like you might have a clue since the General works there.
Barney. Are you asking me questions that can only be answered by national security? There are no details because they do not owe you details, you big dope!
Not one news outlet that is reporting this...CNN, NBC, CBS, Reuters and others are questioning this idiotic idea of details.
That is the difference in those with intelligence that find and report news, as opposed to moronic idiots that can't understand the news.

And seriously, you explain to me the ins and outs of the Pentagon? You can do that after you continue to post several more posts about this verification/detail thing! It's priceless!!
speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

Judged:

And Barney, the Pentagon didn't verify this United States spy plane did this. The FAA said so. Does this mean it didn't happen?
speller feller

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

This is what the US Air Force confirms:http://www.techtimes. com/articles/6552/20140507/u-2 -spy-plane-mysterious-computer -glitch-disrupted-lax.htm

"The US Air Force has denied reports that one of their U2 aircraft caused a severe problem with electronics at LAX airport at Los Angeles.
There was a U2 Dragon Lady aircraft in flight in the area at the time of the glitch, the military stated. Still they deny popular reports the spy plane was on a secret mission or that it was responsible for the incident.
"We can confirm the U2 did not cause the air traffic control system to fail," Air Force officials told the press. "

You can post the rest of the article if you want to.
The point is, this story was confirmed to be true by the FAA, and it was also confirmed to be false by the Air Force.

Barney, in the matters of national security and for the protection of the people, you are not the first priority in the verification nor the denial process! Nor should any of us be!

The same holds true for the Russian fighter planes that a General in the United States Air Force said to be truth.
No one but you wants it verified.

The spy plane story was verified truth by FAA, and was verified false by the Air Force.
Who do you believe?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

speller feller wrote:
This is what the US Air Force confirms:http://www.techtimes. com/articles/6552/20140507/u-2 -spy-plane-mysterious-computer -glitch-disrupted-lax.htm
"The US Air Force has denied reports that one of their U2 aircraft caused a severe problem with electronics at LAX airport at Los Angeles.
There was a U2 Dragon Lady aircraft in flight in the area at the time of the glitch, the military stated. Still they deny popular reports the spy plane was on a secret mission or that it was responsible for the incident.
"We can confirm the U2 did not cause the air traffic control system to fail," Air Force officials told the press. "
You can post the rest of the article if you want to.
The point is, this story was confirmed to be true by the FAA, and it was also confirmed to be false by the Air Force.
Barney, in the matters of national security and for the protection of the people, you are not the first priority in the verification nor the denial process! Nor should any of us be!
The same holds true for the Russian fighter planes that a General in the United States Air Force said to be truth.
No one but you wants it verified.
The spy plane story was verified truth by FAA, and was verified false by the Air Force.
Who do you believe?
The Devil is in the details, the General gave no details, nor did anybody else according to Reuters article. Its as simple as that,

NO F*CKING DETAILS

YOUR own damn post points points to ambiguity in the details.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

speller feller wrote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/in vestigations/faa-confirms-spy- plane-scrambled-air-traffic-co ntrol-california-n97751
FAA Confirms Spy Plane Scrambled Air Traffic Control in California
First published May 5th 2014, 6:47 pm
"The Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed an exclusive NBC News report that a Cold War-era spy plane scrambled the computer systems of a major air traffic control system in Southern California, resulting in region-wide air travel delays affecting hundreds of flights and thousands of passengers.
In a statement, the FAA acknowledged that its air traffic system, which processes flight plan information,“experienced problems while processing a flight plan filed for a U-2 aircraft that operates at very high altitudes under visual flight rules.”
The U-2 spy plane, the same type of aircraft that flew high-altitude spy missions over Russia 50 years ago, passed through the airspace monitored by the L.A. Air Route Traffic Control Center in Palmdale, Calif., around 2 p.m. on Wednesday. The L.A. Center handles landings and departures at the region’s major airports, including Los Angeles International (LAX), San Diego and Las Vegas.
The computers at the L.A. Center are programmed to keep commercial airliners and other aircraft from colliding with each other. According to sources, the U-2 was flying at 60,000 feet, but the computers were attempting to keep it from colliding with planes that were actually miles beneath it.
Though the exact technical causes are not known, the spy plane’s altitude and route apparently overloaded a computer system called ERAM, which generates display data for air-traffic controllers. Back-up computer systems also failed.
“The computer system interpreted the flight as a more typical low altitude operation, and began processing it for a route below 10,000 feet,” said the FAA in its statement.
“The extensive number of routings that would have been required to de-conflict the aircraft with lower-altitude flights," said the FAA, "used a large amount of available memory and interrupted the computer’s other flight-processing functions.”
The FAA had to stop accepting flights into airspace managed by the L.A. Center, issuing a nationwide ground stop that lasted for about an hour.
At LAX, one of the nation’s busiest airports, there were 27 cancellations of arriving flights, as well as 212 delays and 27 diversions to other airports. Twenty-three departing flights were cancelled, while 216 were delayed. There were also delays at the airports in Burbank, Long Beach, Ontario and Orange County and at other airports across the Southwestern U.S.
The agency said that the issues were resolved within an hour and that the system was immediately adjusted and now requires “specific altitude information for each flight plan,” In addition the agency said it has enabled facilities that use the computer system to significantly increase the amount of flight-processing memory available.
“The FAA is confident these steps will prevent a reoccurence of this specific problem and other potential similar issues going forward,” the FAA statement said.
Developed more than a half-century ago, the U-2 was once a workhorse of U.S. airborne surveillance. The plane’s “operational ceiling” is 70,000 feet. In 1960, Francis Gary Powers was flying a U-2 for the CIA over the Soviet Union when he was shot down. He was held captive by the Russians for two years before being exchanged for a KGB colonel in U.S. custody. A second U.S. U-2 was shot down over Cuba in 1962, killing the pilot."
Now that is what I am talking about DETAILS, but if I was you I would not be to concerned it was US air craft not Russian..........LMFAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

speller feller wrote:
And Barney, the Pentagon didn't verify this United States spy plane did this. The FAA said so. Does this mean it didn't happen?
Nope, it means WTF does your cut and paste have to do with a Russian plane off the coast of California.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Judged:

speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney. Are you asking me questions that can only be answered by national security? There are no details because they do not owe you details, you big dope!
Not one news outlet that is reporting this...CNN, NBC, CBS, Reuters and others are questioning this idiotic idea of details.
That is the difference in those with intelligence that find and report news, as opposed to moronic idiots that can't understand the news.
And seriously, you explain to me the ins and outs of the Pentagon? You can do that after you continue to post several more posts about this verification/detail thing! It's priceless!!
"Ins and outs of the Pentagon"

Sorry I can not help you much there, but let me explain something to you, you don.t have to know much about the Pentagon in this situation of the General, Pentagon, and a think tank.

The people the General made his remarks to was a think tank.

A think tank founded, by Republicans and several former Republican politicians on the board of directors of this tank.

This think tank is very successful at obtaining money for Pentagon Projects.

Projects under the Generals command.

You see, the General, also known as Hawk, was speaking to a jury of his Peers.

He did not give any details of which he spoke, nor did he need to, they were looking for red meat and that is what the Hawk gave them .

Are you follow the money, I mean following me so far?

As you post said, the General brought up the Guam incident, the General failed to add the detail that it happen in international air space.

No need to tell them that, that would not help much at all to obtain money for the Dept. of Defense would it?

Russian Planes flying in international air space, we need more money now, we can't have those Rouskies flying around in international air space.

So there you go, money for war mongering, less money and cuts in for veteran benefits from the Republican majority House.

It's a great day to be a Republican.

For Veterans- not so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 5 min Carol ODonnell 38
Funeral Home 8 hr Lana 75
chicken house 8 hr guest 5
riverside 10 hr riverside worker 6
mcnabb funeral home 10 hr richard head 12
Rhonda Neece 10 hr richard head 7
AR Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Arkansas ... (Oct '10) 17 hr heather 1,763
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••