Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#30576 May 8, 2014
speller feller wrote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/in vestigations/faa-confirms-spy- plane-scrambled-air-traffic-co ntrol-california-n97751
FAA Confirms Spy Plane Scrambled Air Traffic Control in California
First published May 5th 2014, 6:47 pm
"The Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed an exclusive NBC News report that a Cold War-era spy plane scrambled the computer systems of a major air traffic control system in Southern California, resulting in region-wide air travel delays affecting hundreds of flights and thousands of passengers.
In a statement, the FAA acknowledged that its air traffic system, which processes flight plan information,“experienced problems while processing a flight plan filed for a U-2 aircraft that operates at very high altitudes under visual flight rules.”
The U-2 spy plane, the same type of aircraft that flew high-altitude spy missions over Russia 50 years ago, passed through the airspace monitored by the L.A. Air Route Traffic Control Center in Palmdale, Calif., around 2 p.m. on Wednesday. The L.A. Center handles landings and departures at the region’s major airports, including Los Angeles International (LAX), San Diego and Las Vegas.
The computers at the L.A. Center are programmed to keep commercial airliners and other aircraft from colliding with each other. According to sources, the U-2 was flying at 60,000 feet, but the computers were attempting to keep it from colliding with planes that were actually miles beneath it.
Though the exact technical causes are not known, the spy plane’s altitude and route apparently overloaded a computer system called ERAM, which generates display data for air-traffic controllers. Back-up computer systems also failed.
“The computer system interpreted the flight as a more typical low altitude operation, and began processing it for a route below 10,000 feet,” said the FAA in its statement.
“The extensive number of routings that would have been required to de-conflict the aircraft with lower-altitude flights," said the FAA, "used a large amount of available memory and interrupted the computer’s other flight-processing functions.”
The FAA had to stop accepting flights into airspace managed by the L.A. Center, issuing a nationwide ground stop that lasted for about an hour.
At LAX, one of the nation’s busiest airports, there were 27 cancellations of arriving flights, as well as 212 delays and 27 diversions to other airports. Twenty-three departing flights were cancelled, while 216 were delayed. There were also delays at the airports in Burbank, Long Beach, Ontario and Orange County and at other airports across the Southwestern U.S.
The agency said that the issues were resolved within an hour and that the system was immediately adjusted and now requires “specific altitude information for each flight plan,” In addition the agency said it has enabled facilities that use the computer system to significantly increase the amount of flight-processing memory available.
“The FAA is confident these steps will prevent a reoccurence of this specific problem and other potential similar issues going forward,” the FAA statement said.
Developed more than a half-century ago, the U-2 was once a workhorse of U.S. airborne surveillance. The plane’s “operational ceiling” is 70,000 feet. In 1960, Francis Gary Powers was flying a U-2 for the CIA over the Soviet Union when he was shot down. He was held captive by the Russians for two years before being exchanged for a KGB colonel in U.S. custody. A second U.S. U-2 was shot down over Cuba in 1962, killing the pilot."
Now that is what I am talking about DETAILS, but if I was you I would not be to concerned it was US air craft not Russian..........LMFAO

Location hidden

#30577 May 8, 2014
speller feller wrote:
And Barney, the Pentagon didn't verify this United States spy plane did this. The FAA said so. Does this mean it didn't happen?
Nope, it means WTF does your cut and paste have to do with a Russian plane off the coast of California.

Location hidden

#30578 May 8, 2014
speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney. Are you asking me questions that can only be answered by national security? There are no details because they do not owe you details, you big dope!
Not one news outlet that is reporting this...CNN, NBC, CBS, Reuters and others are questioning this idiotic idea of details.
That is the difference in those with intelligence that find and report news, as opposed to moronic idiots that can't understand the news.
And seriously, you explain to me the ins and outs of the Pentagon? You can do that after you continue to post several more posts about this verification/detail thing! It's priceless!!
"Ins and outs of the Pentagon"

Sorry I can not help you much there, but let me explain something to you, you don.t have to know much about the Pentagon in this situation of the General, Pentagon, and a think tank.

The people the General made his remarks to was a think tank.

A think tank founded, by Republicans and several former Republican politicians on the board of directors of this tank.

This think tank is very successful at obtaining money for Pentagon Projects.

Projects under the Generals command.

You see, the General, also known as Hawk, was speaking to a jury of his Peers.

He did not give any details of which he spoke, nor did he need to, they were looking for red meat and that is what the Hawk gave them .

Are you follow the money, I mean following me so far?

As you post said, the General brought up the Guam incident, the General failed to add the detail that it happen in international air space.

No need to tell them that, that would not help much at all to obtain money for the Dept. of Defense would it?

Russian Planes flying in international air space, we need more money now, we can't have those Rouskies flying around in international air space.

So there you go, money for war mongering, less money and cuts in for veteran benefits from the Republican majority House.

It's a great day to be a Republican.

For Veterans- not so much.

United States

#30580 May 8, 2014
Too bad you guys don't have girlfriends.
Speller feller

United States

#30581 May 8, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ins and outs of the Pentagon"
Sorry I can not help you much there, but let me explain something to you, you don.t have to know much about the Pentagon in this situation of the General, Pentagon, and a think tank.
The people the General made his remarks to was a think tank.
A think tank founded, by Republicans and several former Republican politicians on the board of directors of this tank.
This think tank is very successful at obtaining money for Pentagon Projects.
Projects under the Generals command.
You see, the General, also known as Hawk, was speaking to a jury of his Peers.
He did not give any details of which he spoke, nor did he need to, they were looking for red meat and that is what the Hawk gave them .
Are you follow the money, I mean following me so far?
As you post said, the General brought up the Guam incident, the General failed to add the detail that it happen in international air space.
No need to tell them that, that would not help much at all to obtain money for the Dept. of Defense would it?
Russian Planes flying in international air space, we need more money now, we can't have those Rouskies flying around in international air space.
So there you go, money for war mongering, less money and cuts in for veteran benefits from the Republican majority House.
It's a great day to be a Republican.
For Veterans- not so much.
It's a better day not to be Barney!
No details means it's none of our business.
Idiot.
Big idiot.

Lake Villa, IL

#30582 May 8, 2014
I can tell you exactly where I was the 24 hours before this happened,
updated 2/23/2008 12:15:22 PM ET
Print Font:
HAGATNA, Guam — A B-2 stealth bomber plunged to the ground shortly after taking off from an air base in Guam on Saturday, the first time one has crashed, but both pilots ejected safely, Air Force officials said.
The aircraft was taking off with three others on their last flight out of Guam after a four-month deployment, part of a continuous U.S. bomber presence in the western Pacific. After the crash, the other three bombers were being kept on Guam, said Maj. Eric Hilliard at Hickham Air Force Base in Hawaii.
At least one B-2 bomber had taken off safely from Andersen Air Force Base but was brought back when another aircraft plunged to the ground.
There were no injuries on the ground or damage to buildings, and no munitions were on board. Each B-2 bomber costs about $1.2 billion to build.

Lake Villa, IL

#30583 May 8, 2014
Or the twenty four hours before this happened,
HONOLULU -- A man who was killed when the mast broke on a whale-watching catamaran, sinking the boat, died of blunt trauma to the head, an autopsy found Tuesday.

Authorities were still investigating what caused the Kiele V's mast to fall Sunday on Hal Pulfer, 48, of Highland Park, Ill.

The catamaran was nearly two miles off Maui in rough, 6-foot waves at the time, the Coast Guard said. Winds were 20 to 30 mph.

Gemini tour boat captain JD DuShane, who responded to the accident, told The Honolulu Advertiser that a nurse aboard the Kiele V worked for half an hour to revive Pulfer, who was sitting on the right front part of the catamaran when he apparently was struck by the falling mast and rigging lines.

About 50 passengers were rescued from the Kiele V as it foundered and were taken to shore by other whale-watching boats, witnesses said.

"They were shook up," DuShane said. "They were very, very relieved to get on the boat. They had been through a very harrowing situation."

Two passengers, a couple from the island of Kauai, were taken to a hospital. The 46-year-old woman was in stable condition Tuesday with head trauma, an eye injury and various broken bones, while the 57-year-old man was treated for cuts and bruises and released, said Mahina Martin, Maui County information officer.

Pulfer, who was on the cruise with his wife and three children, was president of Mundelein, Ill.-based Security Locknut Inc., a specialty fastener company.

A helicopter spotted the wreckage of the Kiele V late Monday near the island of Molokai. The boat was broken up and part of the hull was on a reef, Coast Guard Petty Officer Michael DeNysc said.

The boat operated by Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa had broken its mast twice before, records show. It broke at sea in 1991 and at a dry dock in 1996, but there were no injuries. The boat was inspected by the Coast Guard in September and was certified for safe use for the next five years.

Sunday's death was the second aboard a Hawaii tour catamaran in less than four months. In December, a 13-year-old California boy was killed when a mast snapped in brisk winds, pinning him.

Some things just kind of stick with you
Speller feller

United States

#30584 May 8, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is what I am talking about DETAILS, but if I was you I would not be to concerned it was US air craft not Russian..........LMFAO
Stop laughing, idiot!
You are such an easy tool

Lake Villa, IL

#30585 May 8, 2014
Or this
Northbrook Fire Department

Canadian Pacific train derailment - above Shermer Road south of Willow Road

no injuries, 17 cars derailed, hazmat concern from stationary propane tanks

November 2, 2009

“The Donald for President”

Since: Mar 14

Narragansett, RI

#30586 May 8, 2014
Ya'll need to get a room! Lol.

Location hidden

#30587 May 8, 2014
Speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a better day not to be Barney!
No details means it's none of our business.
Idiot.
Big idiot.
LMFAO, no details mean they were in international air space.
Speller feller

Conway, AR

#30588 May 8, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO, no details mean they were in international air space.
Only a hyena would continue to laugh at the idea he is the only one disputing 'details' when no other news agency in the United States of America questions it.
You keep rolling around, laughing like the loon you are, and keep arguing this point! You are a buffoon.
You should continue to accuse a General in the Air Force of lies and fabrications. That will continue to keep you in a league of your own.
What an embarrassing fool you prove yourself to be!
HSU

United States

#30589 May 8, 2014
Yes

Location hidden

#30590 May 8, 2014
Speller feller wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a hyena would continue to laugh at the idea he is the only one disputing 'details' when no other news agency in the United States of America questions it.
You keep rolling around, laughing like the loon you are, and keep arguing this point! You are a buffoon.
You should continue to accuse a General in the Air Force of lies and fabrications. That will continue to keep you in a league of your own.
What an embarrassing fool you prove yourself to be!
LMFAO
Old Army

Joliet, IL

#30591 May 8, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO
Go for it buddy, after all, you're all ass.
Watchful Eye

United States

#30596 May 8, 2014
You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at. This dickwad Barney laughs at everything he says, and he is nothing but a stupid prick.

Location hidden

#30597 May 9, 2014
Watchful Eye wrote:
You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at. This dickwad Barney laughs at everything he says, and he is nothing but a stupid prick.

What I laugh at the most is you folks that get so bent out of shape that it compels them to post personal Rants on Barney because you can't defend your political party of choice.

Party of choice, LOL, it's more like the party of default for you people.

Location hidden

#30598 May 9, 2014
What a great day to be a Republican.

The National Republican Congressional Committee authored a blog post on Tuesday entitled: "Here's What You Need To Know About Trey Gowdy & The House GOP's Select Committee on Benghazi."

Then, at the bottom, the blog post allows viewers to enter their names and emails to "stand with Congressman Gowdy." And then there's the line:

"Help fight liberals by donating today." This all comes as Gowdy said Wednesday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that Republicans shouldn't raise money off Benghazi.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/go...

Location hidden

#30599 May 9, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What I laugh at the most is you folks that get so bent out of shape that it compels them to post personal Rants on Barney because you can't defend your political party of choice.
Party of choice, LOL, it's more like the party of default for you people.

Just in case of what I meant by party of default was not clear to some of you.........

I know, but,'just in case' you didn't.

The final presidential vote in 2008 gave plenty of warning of the lethalness of the GOP's core conservative white constituency when aroused. Overall, Obama garnered slightly more than 40 percent of the white male vote. Among Southern and Heartland America white male voters, Obama made almost no impact. The only thing that even made Obama's showing respectable in those states was the record turnout and percentage of black votes that he got. They were all Democratic votes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutc...
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#30600 May 9, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
What a great day to be a Republican.
The National Republican Congressional Committee authored a blog post on Tuesday entitled: "Here's What You Need To Know About Trey Gowdy & The House GOP's Select Committee on Benghazi."
Then, at the bottom, the blog post allows viewers to enter their names and emails to "stand with Congressman Gowdy." And then there's the line:
"Help fight liberals by donating today." This all comes as Gowdy said Wednesday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that Republicans shouldn't raise money off Benghazi.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/go...
So raising money to fight liberalism is considered making money off of Benghazi? The liberal headquarters is in Benghazi? I wasn't aware of that. How did you make the connection between fighting liberalism off of Benghazi? That's a stretch even for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will = BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS = EVER TELL = LIES? (Apr '13) 8 hr guest 30
Wonderful Peco (Feb '15) 8 hr guest 40
Fantasha rutledge (Feb '13) 18 hr haha 26
John Simkins (Mar '15) Fri Playa 26
Old Hill Crest Hotel (Jul '15) Fri lol 26
Nursing home Thu Real slim shady 3
Jennie oden Thu Guest 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages