No

Other (explain below)

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#29372 Feb 17, 2014
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they were in the courtyard surrounding the Temple...with the livestock.
<quoted text>
Sound familiar?
BTW, Scarlett O'Hara was a self-indulgent air head...fits you well.
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they were in the courtyard surrounding the Temple...with the livestock.
<quoted text>
Sound familiar?
BTW, Scarlett O'Hara was a self-indulgent air head...fits you well.
"Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that bought and sold in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold dovs."
Matthew 21:12

Yes, John chapter 2 clearly says Jesus also threw moneychangers out of the courtyard where they were selling livestock, the prophetic fulfillment comes through Matthew, Mark, and Luke when Jesus entered the temple, the actual sanctuary area, and threw moneychangers out of the temple, itself.

Not a point I will argue/discuss as being correct or incorrect. It's written in black and white through the 4 Gospels. You are entitled to however you read and interpret as am I.
Both are mentioned specifically, however, the actual sanctuary where the spirit of God was to have actually come down to man was inside the actual temple, thus the the prophetic fulfillment of the Old Testament was accomplished through Him and His cleansing the actual temple.

Long and short of it, the moneychangers represent a facet to both parties and you are naive and ridiculous if you think otherwise, thus the reason you have zero credibility. Both parties have members that have sold the American people down the river...and they have been rewarded for their greed and lies by being reelected for years and years and years.
Those blinded by their charms and believe their repetitive lies are the ones that continue to vote them back into office, much like the people in the temple that had become immune to moneychangers.
Believe me when I say, I am not a repeat offender of voting for the incompetent liars that have a stronghold of deceit and greed in Washington DC. However, I am one that has to struggle from the political fallout from stupid, naive, and gimme voters who will be working part-time within the next 10 years, so they can milk their subsidies from the system.

You don't like it, you take it up with the CBO!! It's their prediction, and their numbers, based in policies from your favorite guy!!
You think Democrats are Looking out for the bottom of the food chain...?? And you argue that this solution by the Democrats is the answer?
This is the reason you are a waste of time and have the immature mind of a spoiled 5 year old.

“Frankly my dear...”

Location hidden

#29373 Feb 17, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
", to limit their hours to avoid losing federal subsidies that pharmacists provides" "to help pay for health insurance and other healthcare costs."
" that pharmacists provides"
??????????
Yes, my Kindle changed that word to 'pharmacists' 3 times in a row. I forgot to go back and change it again when I posted. I didn't realize it until your sharp eye caught it.
I didn't realize it would be that mind-blowing confusing for you that you would need all the question marks.
I'm sure when you opened the link and read it, you were able to figure it out. You were, weren't you...? Please tell me you aren't still trying to figure it out...

“Frankly my dear...”

Location hidden

#29374 Feb 17, 2014
Redd wrote:
<quoted text>
My God, what a waste of words. Reminds me of a GEICO commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zebvFBNZ3MgXX&list=PL139A 69A037F3A12D&index=9
That's it! Another missing link!!
Your posts do remind me of, "so easy even a caveman can do it"!!
Now I understand the lack of comprehension.

“Frankly my dear...”

Location hidden

#29376 Feb 17, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
" basically refutes every argument you have about every single point you try to make"
Wow that must have been one Hell of a statement in your mind. so powerful that it encompasses, about every single point I make.
I mean damn,, every single point.
That sure makes you the lucky one, now all you have to do to prove some one wrong , on any single point, is just whip out your quote there, and by God you have them nailed.
Look here, it is getting high time that you learn you just can't go around telling lies and depending on your straw persona to get you out of it.
As I have told you many times, changing names does not help, your still a Space Cadet under any name.
Before you get to cocky over your great find, read what was in that story about your great job killing Obamacare.
"It's not that the businesses are cutting those jobs," said Jason Furman, who chairs the White House Council of Economic Advisers. He said the CBO report showed an impact on labor supply rather than demand for workers from employers"
Now tell me, what makes you think that some people accepting public assistance have not learned how to manipulate the system( cutting back on hours) long before ACH ever seen the light of day.
'Look here', I read the entire article, you big donkey.
Stop embarrassing yourself. You have basically scrapped the bottom of the humiliation barrel with this answer.
It's hard to know whether you are applauding the effectiveness of moochers, or cheering on the next generation of moochers.
And that quote from the White House Council...I'm just as embarrassed for his pathetic and feeble words as yours. The only difference is that when he read in black and white what he actually said, he probably recognized how asinine it sounded, while you...Well, you aren't capable of anything but making a fool out of yourself, and being proud of it.
Barney and Redd...Redd and Barney...
There's gotta be a catchy little jingle to go along with that!!

“Frankly my dear...”

Location hidden

#29377 Feb 17, 2014
And please, if you don't believe the Bible, and you don't consider it a valid source, then that's fine. I don't care to argue/discuss/ explain why I do.
Redd brought up moneychangers, and where they were located, and that's straight out of biblical history.
Barney, if you want to mock it, challenge it, mock me, challenge me, belittle the both, I don't really care. It will be fine.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#29378 Feb 17, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
And please, if you don't believe the Bible, and you don't consider it a valid source, then that's fine. I don't care to argue/discuss/ explain why I do.
Redd brought up moneychangers, and where they were located, and that's straight out of biblical history.
Barney, if you want to mock it, challenge it, mock me, challenge me, belittle the both, I don't really care. It will be fine.
You need to make up your mind here, either you don't care to argue it, or you do.

You say you don't, and in the next sentence say "challenge me" , "I don't really care. It will be fine"

It sure looked like to me you wanted to argue it when you promptly tried to correct Red.

Actually I was curious how you were going to explain your interpretation of the cleansing, just wondering ..........

Kansas City Ks.

#29379 Feb 17, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

"Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that bought and sold in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold dovs."

Not a point I will argue/discuss as being correct or incorrect. It's written in black and white through the 4 Gospels. You are entitled to however you read and interpret as am I.
Speaking of the 3 of the four,

Matt 21:12 (NIV) Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 "It is written," he said to them, "`My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it a `den of robbers.'"..

Mark 11:15 (NIV) On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written:`My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it `a den of robbers.'" 18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.

Luke 19:45 (NIV) Then he entered the temple area and began driving out those who were selling. 46 "It is written," he said to them, "`My house will be a house of prayer'; but you have made it `a den of robbers.'" 47 Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him.

Another thing Redd could have been referring to a cleansing that occurred near the beginning of Jesus ministry, not the one that happened after what we now call Palm Sunday.

John 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me."
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#29380 Feb 17, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 21:12 (NIV) Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. 13 "It is written," he said to them, "`My house will be called a house of prayer,' but you are making it a `den of robbers.'"..
Mark 11:15 (NIV) On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written:`My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations'? But you have made it `a den of robbers.'" 18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.
Luke 19:45 (NIV) Then he entered the temple area and began driving out those who were selling. 46 "It is written," he said to them, "`My house will be a house of prayer'; but you have made it `a den of robbers.'" 47 Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him.
Another thing Redd could have been referring to a cleansing that occurred near the beginning of Jesus ministry, not the one that happened after what we now call Palm Sunday.
John 2:13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found men selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, "Get these out of here! How dare you turn my Father's house into a market!" 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me."
Google and cut and paste are wonderful things
Redd

United States

#29381 Feb 17, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it! Another missing link!!
Your posts do remind me of, "so easy even a caveman can do it"!!
Now I understand the lack of comprehension.
Are you trying to insult me?

If so, your approach is rather ineffective.
Redd

United States

#29382 Feb 17, 2014
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
Google and cut and paste are wonderful things
So are most of your thoughtful rebuttals.
Redd

United States

#29383 Feb 17, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So you and Matthew are saying that animals, and their by-products, along with merchants were allowed within the sacred confines of the Temple? Wouldn't it seem more likely that these events actually occurred in a area outside the Temple, seeing that pilgrims were required to take ritual baths before entering the Temple proper.

In many cases the Bible and therefor many of it's accounts were written long after the events occurred, and that literal interpretations often confuse themselves. Keep in mind that the Temple was completely destroyed in 70 AD and the scriptures weren't set as canon until the 320's AD.

Like the fact that Camels weren't domesticated until well after Genesis states Abraham, Joseph and Jacob lived, even though the Bible recounts their use during those early periods.

Doesn't diminish the word of God, just points out that these much older oral accounts were written down long after the events....by those that assumed earlier times were much like the ones in which they were living.

“Frankly my dear...”

Location hidden

#29384 Feb 17, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to make up your mind here, either you don't care to argue it, or you do.
You say you don't, and in the next sentence say "challenge me" , "I don't really care. It will be fine"
It sure looked like to me you wanted to argue it when you promptly tried to correct Red.
Actually I was curious how you were going to explain your interpretation of the cleansing, just wondering ..........
My mind has been made up from the beginning. I can't help that you didn't understand what I said.
I told you I wasn't going to argue/discuss whether you considered the Bible to be a valid source of information or not, nor would I care to argue/discuss the reasons why I do consider it valid and true.
I then spoke to you specifically, and said if you wanted to mock or challenge it (the Bible) or mock / challenge me (my choice to consider the Bible valid) or if you wanted to belittle both the Bible and myself, that it would be fine...go ahead and mock/ challenge me...it will be fine.
My point being that I still will not argue/ discuss the validity of the Bible.
You can chose to validate it, or not...just as I can chose to validate it or not.
That's all there was to it. Whether you thought I was looking for a fight or not, that's your call.

“Frankly my dear...”

Location hidden

#29385 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Barney, there are multiple versions of the Bible. I also have an opinion about that, but it is just my opinion, and better left unspoken.
And yes, I believe Jesus began His earthly ministry cleansing the temple, and as His earthly ministry was ending, I believe He cleansed it again.
As for the account of these two events, I happened to have referenced something other than the NIV. I used the King James Version, I believe. After studying the Greek meanings of various words from each one of the Gospels in my Strong' s Concordance, and after reading prophetic verses in the Old Testament that point to these events where Jesus cleansed the temple, thus fulfilling prophecy and giving credence to Him being the Messiah, I personally believe He ventured inside an actual area, inside the actual temple of God.
If you chose to think differently, ok.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29386 Feb 18, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
Redd and Barney...Barney and Redd.
Should be some sort of new comedy, starring themselves, of course.
The description could read something like, "a new comedy about an inept, bumbling, self-proclaimed political guru, Barney, and his alter-ego ' Redd'. Watch as Barney digs himself into a political grave each week with his wrong, but oh-so-funny analysis of government today. Each episode ends with Barney finally falling into the political pit he's been digging, and his alter-ego,'Redd' showing up to save the day...only to end up being pushed over the edge, joining Barney in their political wasteland, by a variety of celebrity guests. Special guests appearing at the end of each episode will be: Nancy Pelosi, Hilary Clinton, and even a special appearence by Barak Obama! Join us for what's sure to be a million laughs!"
Hey, Barney. If raising minimum wage is going to be so beneficial, why stop at $10 an hour?
Why not raise it higher...$20...$30...maybe even $50 an hour!?!
Everyone could be rich, and afford the new unaffordable healthcare act.
Why are you being so oppressive to the working class and setting the wage so low??
Think bigger, Barney!!!$50 an hour, and THEN, everybody in America will be rich!!
You just hit the nail on the head. This is where liberals simply don't want to go. You go suggesting $50 per hour for a worker at McDonald's and all of a sudden those same liberals start crying "That job's not worth that much". It is there complete lack of understanding and hatred of the free market that boxes them in a corner that their very own ideology can't escape. That aspect is the fact that the free market needs to decide how much goods and services should costs and how much people that sell those goods and services should be paid. Once that is stripped away, the rest of the ideology is open to the same scrutiny thus crumbles.

Kansas City Ks.

#29387 Feb 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You just hit the nail on the head. This is where liberals simply don't want to go. You go suggesting $50 per hour for a worker at McDonald's and all of a sudden those same liberals start crying "That job's not worth that much". It is there complete lack of understanding and hatred of the free market that boxes them in a corner that their very own ideology can't escape. That aspect is the fact that the free market needs to decide how much goods and services should costs and how much people that sell those goods and services should be paid. Once that is stripped away, the rest of the ideology is open to the same scrutiny thus crumbles
Apple, Walmart and McDonald's are among the largest corporate employers and profit-makers in the U.S. employees 1.6 million in the U.S., combined 2012 pre-tax profits of more than $88 billion.

All three companies pay the majority of their employees low wages: poverty-level wages. This is borne out by SEC data and the companies' own press releases.

A typical Walmart store costs taxpayers over $1.7 million per year, or about $5,815 per employee for public assistance for their employees.

You constantly complain about public assistance programs and yet you have been on soap box all this week about the evils of minimum wage.

To me that is contradicting, I do not understand how giving companies a unobstructed path to pay less is going to reduce the amount of those seeking public assistance.

With the wealth divide today, it would be hard to argue that today's (M.W.) has impeded their ability to get even richer what so ever.

IT's not stopping them now, so do away with it, that will really help.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#29388 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Apple, Walmart and McDonald's are among the largest corporate employers and profit-makers in the U.S. employees 1.6 million in the U.S., combined 2012 pre-tax profits of more than $88 billion.
All three companies pay the majority of their employees low wages: poverty-level wages. This is borne out by SEC data and the companies' own press releases.
A typical Walmart store costs taxpayers over $1.7 million per year, or about $5,815 per employee for public assistance for their employees.
You constantly complain about public assistance programs and yet you have been on soap box all this week about the evils of minimum wage.
To me that is contradicting, I do not understand how giving companies a unobstructed path to pay less is going to reduce the amount of those seeking public assistance.
With the wealth divide today, it would be hard to argue that today's (M.W.) has impeded their ability to get even richer what so ever.
IT's not stopping them now, so do away with it, that will really help.
I bet it's contradicting for you. Public assistance programs give WAY too much assistance, promote laziness, and are VERY prone to abuse. Minimum wage basically prevents the drive to achieve advancement within a company for all but a very few people who will succeed no matter what the wage structure. It's everyone else that suffers because they see no value in rising up within a company because there is an artificial value placed on their job thus making advancements much more difficult to achieve. For example a worker that starts out at $1 per hour @ McDonald's will be able to achieve a raise much faster and in smaller increments thus giving incentive to do more faster. Contrast that with a McDonald's worker that must start at $7.25 per hour. If the market says the job is only worth $1, it might be months or years before that same employee receives a raise though more will be added to their job without compensation making the employee feel as though the company is taking advantage of them though that would be the farthest thing from the truth. An elimination of the minimum wage would also bring prices down significantly over time making goods more affordable and raises more likely thus giving incentive to succeed for those who aren't internally driven. Wal Mart would be fine where profits are concerned. Nobody, and I mean nobody can squeak out a profit like Wal Mart. Now I know your ideology isn't going to let you think that people can succeed without the government's assistance but that is simply not true. It is the government that sucks the drive to succeed out of all but a few people and handouts are the main culprit by design.

Kansas City Ks.

#29389 Feb 18, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it's contradicting for you. Public assistance programs give WAY too much assistance, promote laziness, and are VERY prone to abuse. Minimum wage basically prevents the drive to achieve advancement within a company for all but a very few people who will succeed no matter what the wage structure. It's everyone else that suffers because they see no value in rising up within a company because there is an artificial value placed on their job thus making advancements much more difficult to achieve. For example a worker that starts out at $1 per hour @ McDonald's will be able to achieve a raise much faster and in smaller increments thus giving incentive to do more faster. Contrast that with a McDonald's worker that must start at $7.25 per hour. If the market says the job is only worth $1, it might be months or years before that same employee receives a raise though more will be added to their job without compensation making the employee feel as though the company is taking advantage of them though that would be the farthest thing from the truth. An elimination of the minimum wage would also bring prices down significantly over time making goods more affordable and raises more likely thus giving incentive to succeed for those who aren't internally driven. Wal Mart would be fine where profits are concerned. Nobody, and I mean nobody can squeak out a profit like Wal Mart. Now I know your ideology isn't going to let you think that people can succeed without the government's assistance but that is simply not true. It is the government that sucks the drive to succeed out of all but a few people and handouts are the main culprit by design
Elimination of the minimum wage would bring prices down significantly.

It very well could, its called deflation.

Okay, do away with the minimum wage, remove a substantial amount of money from a economy that is 70% retail.

You just moved that money into the hands of the investors who are not going to put that money back into retail, they will continue their diversification of their portfolio by sending that money over seas.

The poor are required to spend every penny they make just to survive.
OlPapaw

United States

#29390 Feb 18, 2014
The argument on today's economy, that I have been hearing is that it is too hard for a couple to get ahead.
Meadow muffins!
Best way to get the economy cooking would be to start W.P.A. and C.C.C.
again! Bridges, highways, pipelines,
Put calluses on peoples hands instead of their fat butts.
Imho

“Frankly my dear...”

Location hidden

#29391 Feb 18, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>

The poor are required to spend every penny they make just to survive.
No, that would be the middle class. The 'poor' are eating high on the hog, thanks to the governments generosity with taxpayer monies, and getting subsidized healthcare when their stomachs hurt from all the good food they've been able to eat!

Did you happen to consider why the minimum wage rate should be set so low?
I mean,$10 bucks won't create equal wages!
If wage inequality is what we are talking about here, why not $50 an hour?
That's bound to help even the score, right?
Maggie

Jonesboro, AR

#29392 Feb 18, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that would be the middle class. The 'poor' are eating high on the hog, thanks to the governments generosity with taxpayer monies, and getting subsidized healthcare when their stomachs hurt from all the good food they've been able to eat!
Did you happen to consider why the minimum wage rate should be set so low?
I mean,$10 bucks won't create equal wages!
If wage inequality is what we are talking about here, why not $50 an hour?
That's bound to help even the score, right?
At minimum wage Barney is getting paid twice what he is worth

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Running for sheriff 3 hr Willy 25
girl named Tiana used to live in Newport (Oct '15) 3 hr Mertens 6
Old movie theater 3 hr Mertens 8
How many workers has PECO gone thru already ? 3 hr Mertens 12
Tony B 3 hr right 10
Ally carter? Fri Tris 16
Wreck? Fri Ann 5

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance