6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#28781 Jan 23, 2014
Transcript of the oral arguments in the recess appointment case (NLRB v. Canning.

Solicitor General (SG) Donald Verrilli began not with constitutional principle but with a variant of the practicality argument I highlighted yesterday. That is, he stressed the “repudiation” of the “legitimacy of thousands of appointments going back to George Washington.” But then he downplayed the effects — having managed to speak for about 15 seconds before he was interrupted, Verrilli was asked whether the acts of those past appointees would be rendered invalid. Verrilli weaved about but said “no,” leaving Justice Sonia Sotomayor to ask the obvious question:“Why not?”

Kansas City Ks.

#28782 Jan 23, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The insurance companies are now saying that the low Obamacare enrollment numbers are going to drive them out of business. Exactly what Obama wants. He and his administration have lobbied for single payer since the beginning and they are now working towards just that. The website debacle wasn't an accident but rather by design to give the insurance companies flawed data. This way the insurance companies can't accurately quote anyone making it look like they have no idea what they are doing. I'm not sure the low enrollment numbers are not by design either but that won't be known until the single payer system gets in place. If, when we are forced to switch to single payer, and the number of enrollees skyrocket we will know that the low initial sign-ups were by design.

"The insurance companies"

- Name them

Kansas City Ks.

#28783 Jan 23, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct. It's what LIBERALISM brings. It won't be long before the people paying for everything in this country run out of money or refuse to pay for the lazy people anymore and our streets will be on fire also. I have prepared for that day. Bring it........
" people paying for everything in this country"

Who are these people you speak of?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28784 Jan 23, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"The insurance companies"
- Name them
This is too easy! One for starters!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101354183

Next question.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28785 Jan 23, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
" people paying for everything in this country"
Who are these people you speak of?
Me and those like me!

EASY!

Next question!

Kansas City Ks.

#28786 Jan 23, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly Barney, discernment and wisdom are much more becoming than professing education and 'smarts'.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Discernment reveals who's who
More becoming - purely subjective opinion.

Discernment stresses accuracy , and is synonyms with wisdom, insight,and perception.

Unfortunately for some, discernment, is a subjective opinion held in the eye of the beholder.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28787 Jan 23, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
More becoming - purely subjective opinion.
Discernment stresses accuracy , and is synonyms with wisdom, insight,and perception.
Unfortunately for some, discernment, is a subjective opinion held in the eye of the beholder.

Kansas City Ks.

#28788 Jan 23, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>This is too easy! One for starters!
Next question.

Nope not that easy.

The poster clearly said insurance companies, you posted the link to only ONE company Chicken Little.

No the sky is not falling little one, look at your links opening headline;

"Aetna could be forced out of Obamacare: CEO"

First of all, that was one huge " could be" and secondly that only means they would withdraw from writing health insurance contracts, a hell of a long way from Aetna giving up their other lines of insurance and going out of business as you suggested.

Here is a reality check for you -

The Aetna CEO has a mouth full of sour grapes because the 80/20 rule or the Medical Loss Ratio is sending that money to patient instead of his bonuses.

Kansas City Ks.

#28789 Jan 23, 2014
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Me and those like me!
EASY!
Next question!

"Me and those like me!"

Well lets just look at your idea of you in your own words.

" The Stock Market soared under his watch and the 1% not only got richer but people like me who are heavily invested in stocks got richer also"

"I still haven't been able to sign up for Obama Care yet"

" I am trying t convince all of my family to get on every piece of government assistance known to man that is possible"

1.Rich people pay a very low ratio of taxes to income.

2.Why would a rich person want to buy health insurance through the exchange, it would be of absolutely no benefit to a rich person, damn sure would not qualify for a subsidy.

3." convincing all of your family to get on every piece of government assistance"

You need to make up your mind here, either you support these programs or you don't, I would dare say from previous post you were adamantly opposed.

People like you, God please help us All..........

“Frankly my dear...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#28790 Jan 23, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not that easy.
The poster clearly said insurance companies, you posted the link to only ONE company Chicken Little.
No the sky is not falling little one, look at your links opening headline;
"Aetna could be forced out of Obamacare: CEO"
First of all, that was one huge " could be" and secondly that only means they would withdraw from writing health insurance contracts, a hell of a long way from Aetna giving up their other lines of insurance and going out of business as you suggested.
Here is a reality check for you -
The Aetna CEO has a mouth full of sour grapes because the 80/20 rule or the Medical Loss Ratio is sending that money to patient instead of his bonuses.
This is where it would be most becoming for you to show discernment and use wisdom before speaking in a manner that exposes the fact that you aren't very smart.
This is just one of hundreds of red flag warnings that you have belittled, only to realize in time, they will not only come to pass, but will also be more destructive to middle America than even the most dismal predictions.
These are the instances where your party has betrayed you. And while you made remarks such as this above, the reality continues to be this too shall come to pass, and you will run and hide only to show back up with comments like this. It is a familiar pattern to everyone but you.
Why

United States

#28791 Jan 23, 2014
Obama care is suppose to be affordable, yea right my friends insurance on one person and two kids was going to go from$300. To $900. A month. Is that more affordable? I'm not real smart but I do know how to add and subtract. He must mean affordable for those people that get payed to set on there butt and do drugs and pop out kids. You know what F you Obama
ky jelly

Corning, AR

#28793 Jan 23, 2014
I dont
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28794 Jan 23, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Me and those like me!"
Well lets just look at your idea of you in your own words.
" The Stock Market soared under his watch and the 1% not only got richer but people like me who are heavily invested in stocks got richer also"
"I still haven't been able to sign up for Obama Care yet"
" I am trying t convince all of my family to get on every piece of government assistance known to man that is possible"
1.Rich people pay a very low ratio of taxes to income.
2.Why would a rich person want to buy health insurance through the exchange, it would be of absolutely no benefit to a rich person, damn sure would not qualify for a subsidy.
3." convincing all of your family to get on every piece of government assistance"
You need to make up your mind here, either you support these programs or you don't, I would dare say from previous post you were adamantly opposed.
People like you, God please help us All..........
I am not a WELFARE QUEEN like you so I will need some assistance. Please tell me how to get on all the free stuff like the people of Salem do. Thanks...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28796 Jan 23, 2014
EASY!

Another Boy barney CRASH and BURN!

PRICELESS!

Liberalism, so easy even a caveman can do it !

Kansas City Ks.

#28797 Jan 23, 2014
scarlett o hara wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where it would be most becoming for you to show discernment and use wisdom before speaking in a manner that exposes the fact that you aren't very smart.
This is just one of hundreds of red flag warnings that you have belittled, only to realize in time, they will not only come to pass, but will also be more destructive to middle America than even the most dismal predictions.
These are the instances where your party has betrayed you. And while you made remarks such as this above, the reality continues to be this too shall come to pass, and you will run and hide only to show back up with comments like this. It is a familiar pattern to everyone but you.
Maybe I am missing some thing here, but would it not be a reasonable conclusion to say one who is lacking intelligence would also be lacking wisdom as well?

Considering that to be fact, would it not make your above statement about speaking with a lack of discernment for wisdom to be .......... Impossible..... for one you say,

its a " fact that you aren't very smart.

Oh the irony Scarlet!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28798 Jan 23, 2014
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

That fruit barney has his fruit salad full of tomato's.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#28799 Jan 23, 2014
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what he did,and when he did it.
Now that you have some -what of an idea of what you are talking about, lets look a little deeper.
First of all it was Congress that was in recess, not just the Senate.
The problem is ,Congress was in recess.
They had this scheme of how we can go back to our districts and claim we are in session at the same time by using Parliamentary procedure.
They leave one Republican behind to come to a empty gallery every few days bang the gavel
and declare congress in session, till they get back from vacation. HOW CLEVER
Now, don't you think it would have been rather difficult for the Senate to debate and
"advise and consent on the appointments of high ranking executive branch officials"
when they were not in Washington D.C ?.
Although it made it very easy for Republicans to strip the President of his constitutional authority to use the,
Recess Appointments Clause which says that the “President shall have Power to fill up all Vacancies that may happen during the Recess of the Senate."
The ,Recess Appointments Clause, has been the law for well over a hundred years now.
Do you really think that Congress was the first to come with the Idea to use this procedure to block a recess appointment.
I would highly doubt it, just the only ones arrogant , and stupid enough, VIA -
TEA PART, to try and pull it off.
If the decision that is expected in June comes down against the Republicans, I would just about bet the decision will not be released till after mid term elections.
If it goes against the Democrats I would say this Republican stacked court will issue its ruling well before mid- term election.
We shall see how it plays out.
There you have it have my man.
A small group of Right Wing extremist was having their cake and eating it too, just as a added bonus they strip the President of his constitutional authority.
How do defend that?
Blah, Blah, Blah. You do realize that the Senate WAS NOT in recess when the appointments were made. John Malcolm, director of Heritage’s Edwin Meese III Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, explains what happened:
President Obama tried to pull a fast one on the American public. He had the temerity to try to tell the Senate how to interpret its own rules about when it was “in session” for the purposes of making a “recess appointment,” something no President has ever attempted.
This is what makes Obama's appointments unconstitutional where other President's appointments were constitutional. Had nothing to do with political activism from the judges no matter how much you wish it were so.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28800 Jan 24, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, Blah, Blah. You do realize that the Senate WAS NOT in recess when the appointments were made. John Malcolm, director of Heritage’s Edwin Meese III Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, explains what happened:
President Obama tried to pull a fast one on the American public. He had the temerity to try to tell the Senate how to interpret its own rules about when it was “in session” for the purposes of making a “recess appointment,” something no President has ever attempted.
This is what makes Obama's appointments unconstitutional where other President's appointments were constitutional. Had nothing to do with political activism from the judges no matter how much you wish it were so.
You can't confront a liberal with the truth. They will just ignore it.. These people live and die by the lie. I don't have to tell you how many times that lib is confronted with the truth and he finally realizes it, then he drops the topic instantly and moves on to another, never admitting he lied or made a mistake and never talking about his lie again. That lib has been trained well..

Kansas City Ks.

#28801 Jan 24, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Heritage’s Edwin Meese

What the hell do you think the opinion of a ultra right wing group like Heritage would be.

You would hire a Fox to guard the hen house wouldn't you?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#28802 Jan 24, 2014
That would be like hiring a liberal to guard the welfare check!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mcghee baby abused 1 hr james 1
Poll Laveida Jones or Tribble for Sheriff? (Mar '10) 3 hr ghost 102
Swinggers 5 hr MrBlowWads 8
What's being done to slow down the stealing? (Jan '15) 5 hr Pocahontas 16
Anyone know Newport Hospital's drug test policy... 7 hr helpful maybe 6
wreck on Bellview (Dec '14) 21 hr lolol 14
Old Furnace Repair Fri no options 17

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance