Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Make no mistake, Chris Christie is another progressive liberal with a (R) in front of his name. We don't need him. But I would take Christie as the lesser of two evils over Hillary any day of the week. I just hope that's not a choice we have to make come 2016

One of those names you likely will not have to worry about, the other would scare the Hell out of me, if I was you.
justsaying

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
One month's numbers is hardly anything to get excited about.
Over the year, the number of unemployed persons and the
unemployment rate were down by 1.9 million and 1.2 percentage points,
respectively.(See table A-1.)
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.ht...
Just imagine what we could have accomplished had we not been burden by the least popular Congress in history?
People like you seem to always be left in the dark about what's really going on with our elected officals. If you haven't noticed when one side doesn't have the other party to blaim or fight with they attack each other. It wouldn't have mattered who was in congress they(elected officals) wouldn't have got anymore done. You could remove obama from office and replace him with anyone and the same things will happen "nothing"! I just wish for once in my life people wojld wake up and see the crooks for what they are..
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just imagine what we could have accomplished had we not been burden by the least popular Congress in history?
Can you imagine what he would have done to this country if he hadn't been burdened by the least popular Congress in history? Reminds you that often the popular decision is not the right one.
Jennifer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Curious why despite the huge miss in payrolls the unemployment rate tumbled from 7.0% to 6.7%? The reason is because in December the civilian labor force did what it usually does in the New Normal: it dropped from 155.3 million to 154.9 million, which means the labor participation rate just dropped to a fresh 35 year low, hitting levels not seen since 1978, at 62.8% down from 63.
Jennifer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Based on the judging, you won't be happy until all the workforce is eliminated so that the unemployment rate will be down. 70k more jobs last month but 550K less working, now that is progress.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, killing America one month at a time. Just imagine what it would be if all those who quit looking were counted.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

Jennifer wrote:
Curious why despite the huge miss in payrolls the unemployment rate tumbled from 7.0% to 6.7%? The reason is because in December the civilian labor force did what it usually does in the New Normal: it dropped from 155.3 million to 154.9 million, which means the labor participation rate just dropped to a fresh 35 year low, hitting levels not seen since 1978, at 62.8% down from 63.
And who was in office in 1978? Could it be? Another Democrat? I think we've stumbled upon something. Democrat=Failure
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
One of those names you likely will not have to worry about, the other would scare the Hell out of me, if I was you.
They both scare me. Handing America to either of them would be like asking a gorilla to wash a set of fine china. You would start with something beautiful and delicate and end up with an ugly shattered broken mess.
Jennifer

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
And who was in office in 1978? Could it be? Another Democrat? I think we've stumbled upon something. Democrat=Failure
I really don't want to blame Carter for Obama's failures but if you notice cater has spent the last three decades apologizing for the USA
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

Jennifer wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't want to blame Carter for Obama's failures but if you notice cater has spent the last three decades apologizing for the USA
I wasn't blaming Carter. I was saying that the Democratic policies hurt America. The last time the participation rate was this low was when a Democrat was in office.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? The Jobless benefits set to expire on December 31 @ midnight affected DECEMBER's unemployment numbers? I wasn't aware of that and apparently neither were you
Obviously there is a lot of things you are not aware of .

The day long term U/E benefits expired for starters.

On Dec. 28, roughly 1.3 million out-of-work Americans will lose their unemployment insurance. That's because Congress declined to renew an emergency aid program for the jobless that's set to expire that day.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't blaming Carter. I was saying that the Democratic policies hurt America. The last time the participation rate was this low was when a Democrat was in office
Keep in mind, its the Republicans who want to kill long term UE benefits..........

The lapse in benefits could also exert some drag on the U.S. economy, since those jobless workers will have less money to spend. Feroli estimates that the expiration of benefits will shave about 0.4 percentage points from first-quarter economic growth next year. The Economic Policy Institute recently estimated that the lapse will cut GDP by about 0.2 percent and cost 310,000 jobs.

Would not be to smart for the Rep's. let that happen right before mid terms would it?

Most likely, it won't.
SAMMY

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep in mind, its the Republicans who want to kill long term UE benefits..........
The lapse in benefits could also exert some drag on the U.S. economy, since those jobless workers will have less money to spend. Feroli estimates that the expiration of benefits will shave about 0.4 percentage points from first-quarter economic growth next year. The Economic Policy Institute recently estimated that the lapse will cut GDP by about 0.2 percent and cost 310,000 jobs.
Would not be to smart for the Rep's. let that happen right before mid terms would it?
Most likely, it won't.
So Barney as a dishwasher there in Salem Ar what you want is to lose your job and then get unemployment forever.
We know that you are a far left liberal and have the IQ of 90 ,but you really get to be too stupid with your Ideas.
Jennifer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

SAMMY wrote:
<quoted text> So Barney as a dishwasher there in Salem Ar what you want is to lose your job and then get unemployment forever.
We know that you are a far left liberal and have the IQ of 90 ,but you really get to be too stupid with your Ideas.
Based on the Democrat method of calculating unemployment Barney's quitting would lower the rate unless they replaced him.there are not many conservatives that would do what Barney does and liberals don't work, so I guess the date would be spiralling downward.
justsaying

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously there is a lot of things you are not aware of .
The day long term U/E benefits expired for starters.
On Dec. 28, roughly 1.3 million out-of-work Americans will lose their unemployment insurance. That's because Congress declined to renew an emergency aid program for the jobless that's set to expire that day.
Barney, you seem to know a lot about welfare and unemployment ins. and I've read a lot more of your post but like many liberals you never or almost never post about putting people to work to stop these things, so my question to you is how would you put people back to work if you had the power to do so. And if you are going to answer please be as kind to use your own thoughts on the matter.. thanks.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

justsaying wrote:
<quoted text> Barney, you seem to know a lot about welfare and unemployment ins. and I've read a lot more of your post but like many liberals you never or almost never post about putting people to work to stop these things, so my question to you is how would you put people back to work if you had the power to do so. And if you are going to answer please be as kind to use your own thoughts on the matter.. thanks.
I think, I might be like George W. Bush in his election against Al Gore.

I have the power, how I get it done is irrelevant.

Perhaps you should explain in " your own thoughts on the matter" not Republican talking points of what a Liberal is.

IM just a registered Democrat, can't help you with that Liberal thing!
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, I might be like George W. Bush in his election against Al Gore.
I have the power, how I get it done is irrelevant.
Perhaps you should explain in " your own thoughts on the matter" not Republican talking points of what a Liberal is.
IM just a registered Democrat, can't help you with that Liberal thing!
Translation: I'm not going to answer that because I don't believe all people should work. I believe only those that are rich should work so I could take their money and give it to those I need to vote for my party to keep them dependent. Just a registered Democrat? That's funny.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: I'm not going to answer that because I don't believe all people should work. I believe only those that are rich should work so I could take their money and give it to those I need to vote for my party to keep them dependent. Just a registered Democrat? That's funny.
Looks like you are not any better at translation than you are at figuring out the day Long Term UE benefits expired in Dec.
Fo Show

Pocahontas, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you are not any better at translation than you are at figuring out the day Long Term UE benefits expired in Dec.
Barney,you seem so worried about unemployment benefits. It could be that you just got your creepy A$$ fired for leaving egg on your washed dishes.
Even a Greasy spoon in Salem Arkansas does have it's standards!
You were just daydreaming about being a great statesman and forcing most Americans into poverty to pay for your dreams about subsidizing all those poor dictators in African countries.
Now You can not have to worry for 99 weeks about finding a job.
Bass Lunker

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2014

How long are you going to beat this dead horse?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 26,381 - 26,400 of27,899
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hispanic Radio Station Coming To Town 31 min Juan 10
Pocahontas Auction 1 hr lrgp 3
Mark Bradly Arrested 2 hr Guest 3
5 rivers medical center 17 hr hmm 67
Poultry Processor Bringing 1,000 Jobs to Randol... 20 hr guest 19
motorcycle problem 22 hr casual rider 11
County cops VS city cops (Nov '09) Wed look it up 27
•••
•••