6,274 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Kykysha

Blytheville, AR

#27786 Nov 6, 2013
getting facts from an obama fanboy news org, yeaaa okies.... How about this. The majority of people who signed up are made up of the 65+ crowd and going directly into medicare, I believe the last quote I saw was around 65-70%. While the younger people, upon whom this plan relies on to actually work, are avoiding it like the plague. ObamaCare (aka I know whats better for you than you do) will self implode. Facts I took the time myself to research from the HHS, instead of being spoon-fed 'facts' from a non-bipartisan news org and believing everything they say.
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week a major story broke about Sean Hannity interviewing three couples who claimed to have been harmed by the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare). However, an aide to the former governor of Montana contacted these alleged victims and published his account on Salon.com . What he discovered was that not a single one of them had even bothered to look at the insurance exchange to ascertain whether or not they would be helped or harmed. The entire episode of Hannityís program was a lie.
http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
DC-THE DAILY CALLER
It is was on this basis that The DC concluded that ObamaCare has failed. But their own numbers tell a different story. The DC cites an analysis by Millward Brown Digital, a private marketing firm, who estimate that 36,000 people enrolled in a new health care plan on the federal exchange in the first week. And according to an article in The Atlantic, an additional 115,000 enrolled via the the state exchanges. Thatís about 150,000 enrollees in the first week, despite the software glitches. Extrapolate that number out for 50 more weeks, or one full year, and you get 7.5 million. The Department of Health and Human Services estimated that they would enroll seven million people the first year. Therefore, these numbers suggest that they will exceed their estimates.
Seriously folks' you can't make this stuff up.
meme

Cabot, AR

#27787 Nov 7, 2013
Yes I did
"PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME"

United States

#27789 Nov 7, 2013
Kykysha wrote:
<quoted text>getting facts from an obama fanboy news org, yeaaa okies.... How about this. The majority of people who signed up are made up of the 65+ crowd and going directly into medicare, I believe the last quote I saw was around 65-70%. While the younger people, upon whom this plan relies on to actually work, are avoiding it like the plague. ObamaCare (aka I know whats better for you than you do) will self implode. Facts I took the time myself to research from the HHS, instead of being spoon-fed 'facts' from a non-bipartisan news org and believing everything they say.
There were businesses that got a year exclusion. What is going to happen when the year is up and those employee's premiums rise?
Do you agree that government employees should be excluded?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#27790 Nov 7, 2013
Kykysha wrote:
getting facts from an obama fanboy news org, yeaaa okies.... How about this. The majority of people who signed up are made up of the 65+ crowd and going directly into medicare, I believe the last quote I saw was around 65-70%. While the younger people, upon whom this plan relies on to actually work, are avoiding it like the plague. ObamaCare (aka I know whats better for you than you do) will self implode. Facts I took the time myself to research from the HHS, instead of being spoon-fed 'facts' from a non-bipartisan news org and believing everything they say.
<quoted text>
LOL, taking that much time and trouble to "research from the HHS", you should have known those people you spoke of are going into Medicaid, not Medicare, big difference, besides that they were referring to just a few states.

Location hidden

#27791 Nov 7, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Have you been able to sign up to Obama Care yet?
Sure did , have you not read about my story?

61-year-old lifelong Republican, Butch Matthews, who was heavily skeptical of the Affordable Care Act when it first passed. A former small business owner in Little Rock, Arkansas, Matthews used to get up every morning before dawn to deliver canned beverages to retailers before he retired three years ago. Medical care is his familyís biggest expense, since his home and vehicle are paid for. So he was pleased to discover his local Blue Cross Blue Shield would cover him under Arkansasí Obamacare marketplace for less money than he had been paying, and with more benefits.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10...

Location hidden

#27792 Nov 7, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
The source for this information is a site with over 50 articles, all pro Obama, anti truth. Use a real source next time and you might get some credibility
SO, if had used a source that contained over 50 articles all pro conservative, that would lend somecredibility to my post?

Fox News, Beck, Limbaugh type credibility?
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27793 Nov 7, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
SO, if had used a source that contained over 50 articles all pro conservative, that would lend somecredibility to my post?
Fox News, Beck, Limbaugh type credibility?
The point is that you can never find a non biased source to support your position.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27794 Nov 7, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure did , have you not read about my story?
61-year-old lifelong Republican, Butch Matthews, who was heavily skeptical of the Affordable Care Act when it first passed. A former small business owner in Little Rock, Arkansas, Matthews used to get up every morning before dawn to deliver canned beverages to retailers before he retired three years ago. Medical care is his familyís biggest expense, since his home and vehicle are paid for. So he was pleased to discover his local Blue Cross Blue Shield would cover him under Arkansasí Obamacare marketplace for less money than he had been paying, and with more benefits.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10...
Again, browse through the Daily Beast articles, fin gone that is not pro liberal. Barney you need to read the news, not Pravda. Your sources remind me of China's photoshopped pictures. Think for yourself.
test

United States

#27795 Nov 7, 2013
test
OlPapaw

United States

#27796 Nov 7, 2013
test wrote:
test
you failed! Get down and give me twenty maggot!

Blytheville, AR

#27797 Nov 7, 2013
Please , voting is not the solution ANYMORE. Am I a fool to think politics is only corrupt on the democrat or republican side ? the light has been covered people we are in darkness the politicians are all corrupt (AND YOU CANT PUT A GOOD BOTTLE OF WATER INTO A SEWER POND AND MAKE THE WATER GOOD) we as a people must turn to God and plea for hope.
OR WE ARE CLOSER TO ABOMINATION AS A NATION THAN YOU REALIZE . and becoming enslaved in our own nation is coming . Voting ha ha even I can see that's not worked for our nation THEY RUN US !
CANT YOU SEE THAT ? we the people have no say !
vote indeed ha.
OlPapaw

United States

#27799 Nov 7, 2013
The Lord helps those that help themselves.The British were not prayed out of here.Doubt you can change this slide to the bottom with a hymn.
God,guns and guts got us here, going to take the same to save this country.IMHO
Barney II

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#27800 Nov 7, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>The point is that you can never find a non biased source to support your position.
If I use a source to support my position you automatically find it biased, what is your point
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27803 Nov 8, 2013
Barney II wrote:
<quoted text>
If I use a source to support my position you automatically find it biased, what is your point
My point is that if a site has only pro or con articles on issues, it is biased, there is few things in the world that is that clear cut. I don't care if it is MSNBCor Fox News.
my opinion

Tyler, TX

#27804 Nov 8, 2013
Guest wrote:
Please , voting is not the solution ANYMORE. Am I a fool to think politics is only corrupt on the democrat or republican side ? the light has been covered people we are in darkness the politicians are all corrupt (AND YOU CANT PUT A GOOD BOTTLE OF WATER INTO A SEWER POND AND MAKE THE WATER GOOD) we as a people must turn to God and plea for hope.
OR WE ARE CLOSER TO ABOMINATION AS A NATION THAN YOU REALIZE . and becoming enslaved in our own nation is coming . Voting ha ha even I can see that's not worked for our nation THEY RUN US !
CANT YOU SEE THAT ? we the people have no say !
vote indeed ha.
AMEN
we best wake

Blytheville, AR

#27805 Nov 8, 2013
voting will continue to allow a corrupt gov. to 1.sell out this Nation. 2. make for themselves a safe haven 3 support special interest im saying voting is not working that this Nation is in ruins because of politicians "I SAID POLITICIANS"
don't you get that ? do you assume a Savior will be elected ? for goodness sakes STOP AND LOOK AT WHOS PRESIDENT or will you and your children end up slaves to a taken over Nation by a corrupt Gov?

Location hidden

#27806 Nov 8, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is that if a site has only pro or con articles on issues, it is biased, there is few things in the world that is that clear cut. I don't care if it is MSNBCor Fox News.
I have to agree, however facts are facts.

To say all articles are either pro or con on the subject, particularly stories reprinted in other publications as the case here, by reason of where you read it is pure subjective spin.

The article was from Salon.com and reprinted in the Daily Beast.

You see that bias source you say I used was not the source of the article at all.

Guess you would have to had read the article to figure that out.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27807 Nov 8, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree, however facts are facts.
To say all articles are either pro or con on the subject, particularly stories reprinted in other publications as the case here, by reason of where you read it is pure subjective spin.
The article was from Salon.com and reprinted in the Daily Beast.
You see that bias source you say I used was not the source of the article at all.
Guess you would have to had read the article to figure that out.
And Salon.com is any less biased? Go to there home page and list their pro conservative articles.

Location hidden

#27808 Nov 8, 2013
Jessica wrote:
<quoted text>
And Salon.com is any less biased? Go to there home page and list their pro conservative articles.
Again, facts are facts, a magazine reports the truth that conservative do not want to hear, PRESTO, it becomes a anti Conservative publication.(pure subjective spin)

Once again, shoot the messenger and call him a Liberal because you cannot Handel the truth.
Jessica

Jonesboro, AR

#27809 Nov 8, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, facts are facts, a magazine reports the truth that conservative do not want to hear, PRESTO, it becomes a anti Conservative publication.(pure subjective spin)
Once again, shoot the messenger and call him a Liberal because you cannot Handel the truth.
It is easy to "Handel" the truth, even the President is apologizing for parts of his great plan. He is finally admitting to problems that he and you have been denying for the past five weeks. You eventually shoot the messenger that gives you misleading information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supreme Court 9 min guest 20
Old Hill Crest Hotel 1 hr Crazy 4
Is your mail late? 2 hr BEWARE 2
Queer marriage license 2 hr Guest 11
mikey johnson 3 hr Bond 20
News Pocahontas resident faces obstacles, opposition... 3 hr Bond 9
Poll Should the Confederate Flag be abolished 4 hr Jerry Don 0
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE