Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

the crazzies are coming

Ashburn, VA

#27067 Oct 5, 2013
Suck it GOP wrote:
According to the Fox News poll, disapproval of the Republican Party has jumped from 46% in September of 2012 to 59% today. Disapproval of the GOP has climbed from 54% in January to 56% in April to nearing 60% today. Approval of the Republican Party has fallen from 45% to 35%. In contrast, Democratic Party unfavorability has stayed stable in the Fox poll at between 48% and 49% all through 2013.
Support for repealing the ACA has dropped from 39% in June to 30% today. This could mean that the linking of funding the government to defunding or delaying the ACA has completely backfired on the Republican Party. The number of Americans who think that they will be better off under Obamacare has risen by 7 points from 34% to 41%, and by a margin of 36%-19% respondents thought that Ted Cruz’s fake filibuster hurt efforts to repeal the ACA.
Recent polls show the statistical probability that the above poster is actually the artist formerly known as 'Barney' is on a rapid increase.
Only someone with one breath left and sinking fast would actually think these poll numbers would make one party look better/worse than the other!
The percentages for both parties are dismal at best. Typically, the mere idea of using the words 'Democratic Party' and 'stayed stable' in the same sentence would give way to uncontrollable laughter, but to read it in context above, and realize this poster was considering this post to flatter their party...???
Well, it's easy to see how the 'Barney mentality' is oozing out of that cut and paste post!
'Risen from 31% to 41%...' and 'a margin of 31% to 19% of respondents thought...'?!?
The numbers should be dismal for both parties and there should be outrage from the American PEOPLE at those greedy, selfish elected officials in Washington that are holding taxpayers hostage by their greed and egos, and NOT blind loyalty to those lawmakers from both sides that are responsible for this mess,(that did not just happen last week,) and are robbing us blind!
And those being affected immediately...? Veterans (elderly), the WIC program (babies that need formula and cereal), cancer treatment centers of America (children fighting for their lives)), and those camping and living in our national parks...in RV' s for crying out loud,(middle America)! Yeah, both parties really care about struggling Americans, don't they?!?!
There should be a taxpayers citizen revolt and revolution!
Of course, some elected federal judge would declare the right to protest as unconstitutional, and proceed with arresting those that violate the new interpretation of the Constitution…and just as the voice of the people, by the people, and for the people has become a faint whisper, those crying out for the justice of law, will be condemned by it!

(Then someone posts some stupid numbers to 'prove' that their party is the better one, when all those numbers really prove is that there is little confidence in government in general...ridiculous!!)

Hardy, AR

#27068 Oct 5, 2013
no

Since: Jun 13

Euless, TX

#27069 Oct 5, 2013
Question. What can we do to make our elected officials more accountable ?
Please explain to me how we can borrow money to give away ?
Foreign aid financed with loans.
Insanity

Vilonia, AR

#27070 Oct 5, 2013
yes but by god DO NOT question expenditures for aid to Israel, else the right wing morality police will take you to task on Faux News. I'll bet the Tea would spend money on that.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#27071 Oct 5, 2013
guest wrote:
yes but by god DO NOT question expenditures for aid to Israel, else the right wing morality police will take you to task on Faux News. I'll bet the Tea would spend money on that.
Aside from religious reasons, which I assume is where your beef lies, tell me what other nation in the Middle East is more like the United States than Israel? Syria, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, or maybe Saudi Arabia? C'mon!!! Besides, Israel isn't even a Christian nation so, if that is were your beef lies, then that isn't even a reason. I would like to know what you have against us giving money to Israel?
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#27072 Oct 5, 2013
the crazzies are coming wrote:
<quoted text>
Recent polls show the statistical probability that the above poster is actually the artist formerly known as 'Barney' is on a rapid increase.
Only someone with one breath left and sinking fast would actually think these poll numbers would make one party look better/worse than the other!
The percentages for both parties are dismal at best. Typically, the mere idea of using the words 'Democratic Party' and 'stayed stable' in the same sentence would give way to uncontrollable laughter, but to read it in context above, and realize this poster was considering this post to flatter their party...???
Well, it's easy to see how the 'Barney mentality' is oozing out of that cut and paste post!
'Risen from 31% to 41%...' and 'a margin of 31% to 19% of respondents thought...'?!?
The numbers should be dismal for both parties and there should be outrage from the American PEOPLE at those greedy, selfish elected officials in Washington that are holding taxpayers hostage by their greed and egos, and NOT blind loyalty to those lawmakers from both sides that are responsible for this mess,(that did not just happen last week,) and are robbing us blind!
And those being affected immediately...? Veterans (elderly), the WIC program (babies that need formula and cereal), cancer treatment centers of America (children fighting for their lives)), and those camping and living in our national parks...in RV' s for crying out loud,(middle America)! Yeah, both parties really care about struggling Americans, don't they?!?!
There should be a taxpayers citizen revolt and revolution!
Of course, some elected federal judge would declare the right to protest as unconstitutional, and proceed with arresting those that violate the new interpretation of the Constitution…and just as the voice of the people, by the people, and for the people has become a faint whisper, those crying out for the justice of law, will be condemned by it!
(Then someone posts some stupid numbers to 'prove' that their party is the better one, when all those numbers really prove is that there is little confidence in government in general...ridiculous!!)
What's sad is that "revolt" and "revolution" are what has to happen in the Middle Eastern countries in order to change government. How has America fallen to the point where we are actually using those terms in describing the situation in our country? It's our fault for not keeping our elected officials accountable to us. We simply listened to the politician that had the best speeches and said exactly what we wanted to hear, then we cast our vote for them. Instead of kicking them out when they did wrong, we allowed them to convince us they were sorry but were still way better than their competitor. We voted for them again. The crimes got worse and elections got easier. Now they are so entrenched in Washington, that I question whether or not they are actually rigging elections leaving "revolt" and "revolution" as the only alternative for removal from office. I believe the Democrats are the worst offenders but, make no mistake, the Republicans are almost as bad. There are only a handful of politicians that I believe should be allowed to continue serving our country but I would gladly take a clean sweep so we can start over.
fame2

Mountain View, AR

#27073 Oct 5, 2013
so true ol papaw the answer is we can not borrow any more money and shutting down the Government isnt helping there like two year olds up there we are wasting tuns of money every day millions each day millions we dont have not helping anything at all we have to pay if we borrow money so it looks like to me they should instead we shut the government down more money flying out the windows

United States

#27074 Oct 5, 2013
I'd say some of you on here are uninformed. Those that say republicans are all to blame, unless congress has changed recently democrats are in congress too. Obama and congress are at fault. Obama takes too many vacations plays too much golf and spend the rest of his time on the campaign trail, he's just too busy too run a country or read the bills he passes. Democrats like to spend spend spend, and won't read bills they pass for instant obamacare. Republicans compromise too much regardless what Obama says. The republicans have no backbone and won't put their foot down and stop the spending in Washington. Believe me there is enough blame to go around. None of them are listening to the American people. If they were we wouldn't have this train wreck of obamacare shoved down our throats. Obama and congress should have to cut like the rest and stop spending what you don't have. 2014 is looking like a disaster once obamacare takes effect. If obamacare is so great why isn't Obama and members of congress rushing out to be the first in line because they know it's a disaster. One other tip for those of you that have to pay the penalty because you could afford the outrageous premiums, Obama's irs agents will be going into your bank account and take your hard earned money and collect the penalty. This for is for his one size fits all, his way or the highway, government controlled obamacare. I think it should be renamed the unaffordable government controlled Obama healthcare act. Because some you will soon wake up and realize you can't afford it and America sure can't afford it. We are 17 trillion in the hole.

Since: Jun 13

Euless, TX

#27075 Oct 5, 2013
Guest, it reminds me of the old saying "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

Austin, TX

#27076 Oct 5, 2013
Ol Papaw wrote:
Guest, it reminds me of the old saying "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"
Yea but some of these people on here ain't figured that out yet. Please tell that to Obama he's working on 18 trillion.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27077 Oct 5, 2013
What potentially troublesome to me about this Obamacare is, while I always knew it was a power grab by progressive Democrats, I always thought that the bill would do it through controlling healthcare. The extremely low numbers that have actually signed up for the bill thus far have me thinking that the bill was never intended to get a lot of people to sign up. It appears as though Obamacare is no more than a HUGE tax on our nation's workers designed to oppress and control those who need no help in providing for themselves. I am comforted to know that we do still have common sense in America in that those who saw their new "lower" premiums decided to tell Obamacare to take a hike.
fame2

Mountain View, AR

#27078 Oct 5, 2013
maybe but most people who have never been able to afford health care can now have it isnt that why were here on this earth while were just passing through is helping someone so far out of peoples grasp if it was your mother or you when your older wouldnt you accept a little help people these days are just to caught up in there selfs we all need a helping hand some times in our life weather you like to admit it or not just stating a fact were all going to need help one day so what if the man golfs or not who cares
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#27079 Oct 6, 2013
fame2 wrote:
maybe but most people who have never been able to afford health care can now have it isnt that why were here on this earth while were just passing through is helping someone so far out of peoples grasp if it was your mother or you when your older wouldnt you accept a little help people these days are just to caught up in there selfs we all need a helping hand some times in our life weather you like to admit it or not just stating a fact were all going to need help one day so what if the man golfs or not who cares
It may not be popular or politically correct to say but IN AMERICA (that's important) most of those who do not have health care is because they have wasted opportunities that have come to them or continue to ignore opportunities that currently come to them to better themselves so they can afford their own policy. Combine that with the very powerful message from the Democrats that their situation is solely the result of wealthy individuals or companies that they neither know or do business with and you end up with people who are so filled with misplaced hate that they never even realize an opportunity when it presents itself. They are convinced they are victims through no fault of their own.
fame2

Mountain View, AR

#27080 Oct 6, 2013
no sir your the victim of being so damn dumb you are so stupid there is nothing else to say at this point if your married i feel for your wife has to be so sad coming home every day to a shit like you hun
Customer

Jonesboro, AR

#27081 Oct 6, 2013
fame2 wrote:
no sir your the victim of being so damn dumb you are so stupid there is nothing else to say at this point if your married i feel for your wife has to be so sad coming home every day to a shit like you hun
Stop feeling for his wife, straighten up and get some smarts
Yep

Maumelle, AR

#27082 Oct 6, 2013
Always do it
the crazzies are here

Ashburn, VA

#27083 Oct 6, 2013
fame2 wrote:
With such intelligent comments as this, I would agree that there is nothing else you can say at this point. You spoke volumes in these words.
the crazzies are here

Ashburn, VA

#27084 Oct 7, 2013
guest wrote:
Awe, and the eloquent words of 'guest' give him away.
Better find some new 'catch words/phrases' Barney.
These same old same old's are so transparent, and so predictable.
the crazzies are here

San Francisco, CA

#27085 Oct 7, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
What's sad is that "revolt" and "revolution" are what has to happen in the Middle Eastern countries in order to change government. How has America fallen to the point where we are actually using those terms in describing the situation in our country? It's our fault for not keeping our elected officials accountable to us. We simply listened to the politician that had the best speeches and said exactly what we wanted to hear, then we cast our vote for them. Instead of kicking them out when they did wrong, we allowed them to convince us they were sorry but were still way better than their competitor. We voted for them again. The crimes got worse and elections got easier. Now they are so entrenched in Washington, that I question whether or not they are actually rigging elections leaving "revolt" and "revolution" as the only alternative for removal from office. I believe the Democrats are the worst offenders but, make no mistake, the Republicans are almost as bad. There are only a handful of politicians that I believe should be allowed to continue serving our country but I would gladly take a clean sweep so we can start over.
I agree.
If either party remotely executed even a forth of the good that they profess they support and fight for, our country would be better for it.
This government corruption began long ago...when the people trusted their elected officials, respected their leadership and decisions, and couldn't fathom the idea of corruption in the White House, and those that suspected it would never have actually spoken it.
Today, corruption leads to reelection.
It has taken America years to get to this point of revolt and revolution, and I dare say the road to recovery could be longer.
History repeats itself, and one day the people will revolt...I am just not so sure the people will have any more ability to overthrow corruption than the middle eastern countries we see in turmoil today do.
The real crazies are DNC

United States

#27086 Oct 7, 2013
AP
WASHINGTON (October 6, 2013)- A large chunk of the furloughed federal work force is headed back to the Pentagon, and those who remain at home or are working without paychecks are a step closer to getting back pay once the partial government shutdown ends.
Still, a resolution to the impasse itself is nowhere in sight.
House Speaker John Boehner doesn't see one. Asked this weekend if Congress was any closer to ending the gridlock, the Ohio Republican answered bluntly, "No."
Boehner and Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew are scheduled to appear on separate new shows Sunday morning. If previous rhetoric is an indication, expect more blame than concession from both sides.
The federal government was partially shut down Tuesday, the first day of the new budget year, after Republicans and Democrats couldn't agree on a plan to continue funding federal agencies.
House Republicans are demanding significant changes to President Barack Obama's signature health care law in exchange for reopening the government, a demand that Democrats say is absurd.
Since Tuesday, the GOP-led House has passed several bills to reopen selected parts of the government. Democratic leaders are rejecting the piecemeal approach, saying the entire government should be reopened and the 800,000 federal workers on furlough put back to work.
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ended the argument for most Pentagon civilian employees, ordering nearly all 350,000 back on the job.
Hagel said he based his decision on a Pentagon interpretation of a law called the Pay Our Military Act, which was passed shortly before the partial government shutdown began. Republican lawmakers had complained in recent days that the Obama administration was slow to bring back those workers even though the law allowed it.
In a written statement released Saturday explaining his action, Hagel said the Justice Department advised that the law does not permit a blanket recall of all Pentagon civilians. But government attorneys concluded that the law does allow the Pentagon to eliminate furloughs for "employees whose responsibilities contribute to the morale, well-being, capabilities and readiness of service members."
Hagel said he has told Pentagon officials, including leaders of the military services, to "identify all employees whose activities fall under these categories." He said civilian workers should stand by for further word this weekend.
In remarks to reporters, Robert Hale, the Pentagon's budget chief, said he did not yet know the exact number of civilians who would be brought back to work but that it would be "90 percent plus." He said there are about 350,000 civilians on furlough.
Hale said he hoped that a "substantial number" could be returned to work on Monday but that an exact timetable was not available.
In a rare Saturday session _ and an even rarer showing of bipartisanship _ the House voted 407-0 to pass a bill to provide furloughed workers back pay. The Obama administration supports the retroactive pay bill and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he expects the Democratic-led Senate to pass it.
Even a bill that passed without opposition evoked partisan rhetoric.
"Someone try to explain to the American people today that Republicans decided to shut down government on Oct. 1, and on Oct. 5, they decided to pay all those workers, those 800,000 workers that they told,`Don't come in to work,'" said Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif. "If it weren't so serious it really would be absurd."
The standoff is playing out as an even bigger financial crisis looms. The Treasury Department says the federal government will reach the limit of its authority to borrow money on Oct. 17. If Congress doesn't raise the debt limit, the U.S. will default on its obligations for the first time, triggering what many economists say would be an economic catastrophe.
___

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 2 hr freak on a leash 10,003
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 3 hr KBK 218
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr KatBrownKohl 244
Crystal Due 7 hr Wondering 2
Your ambulance service sues city 7 hr Ambulance 7
City of Pocahontas - the rest of the story 8 hr guest 7
Review: Centerpoint Energy 9 hr Jerry T Boner 2
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search