Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,176 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26453 Aug 21, 2013
Forever 21 is slashing hours for many employees to 29.5 per week. Why 29.5? Well it just so happens that the cutoff where employers are forced to give employees helth insurance is 30 hours per week. Of course Forever 21's Carla Macias, associate director of human resources has issued this politically correct statement: "Company-wide, Forever 21 recently audited its staffing levels, staffing needs and payroll in conduction with reviewing its overall spending budget," "As a result, we are reducing a number of full-time non-management positions." Forever 21 says that this move will affect less than 1% of their overall employees. Also, 27,000 of Forever 21's 30,000 employees will no longer receive paid time off. The memo was leaked by an employee and 4 of the 7 reasons given for the hour cuts were related to the employee's current healthcare benefits with Forever 21. The other 3 all dealt with paid time off. Examples like this one are exactly what I meant when I said Obamacare was not feasable for our country and that it would crush the middle class. I shouldn't feel sorry for those in the middle class that bought into Obama's lies and voted for him but I do. Obama is no more than one huge lie. Everything about him is a lie and he is working on destroying America. And it's currently working.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#26454 Aug 21, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting the attention off of the big failure that is liberalism I see.
That was not what you saw at all, "Reality Check".

I was directing attention to the fact that a piece produced by Glen Beck, who has at times claimed he should not be taken seriously on political views, and a SELF PROCLAIMED "ENTERTAINER".

You offering this piece of tabloid entertainment as though is was some highly proclaimed investigative journalism to be taken seriously is ludicrous.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#26455 Aug 21, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
Forever 21 is slashing hours for many employees to 29.5 per week. Why 29.5? Well it just so happens that the cutoff where employers are forced to give employees helth insurance is 30 hours per week. Of course Forever 21's Carla Macias, associate director of human resources has issued this politically correct statement: "Company-wide, Forever 21 recently audited its staffing levels, staffing needs and payroll in conduction with reviewing its overall spending budget," "As a result, we are reducing a number of full-time non-management positions." Forever 21 says that this move will affect less than 1% of their overall employees. Also, 27,000 of Forever 21's 30,000 employees will no longer receive paid time off. The memo was leaked by an employee and 4 of the 7 reasons given for the hour cuts were related to the employee's current healthcare benefits with Forever 21. The other 3 all dealt with paid time off. Examples like this one are exactly what I meant when I said Obamacare was not feasable for our country and that it would crush the middle class. I shouldn't feel sorry for those in the middle class that bought into Obama's lies and voted for him but I do. Obama is no more than one huge lie. Everything about him is a lie and he is working on destroying America. And it's currently working.
ROF- LMFAO

RC before you get to excited bashing Forever 21 and the way they run their company, remember, it's a company that publicly identifies itself as Christian.

One other thing you should know as well,

The recent decision, it says, affects 196 employees, or less than 1 percent of all U.S. store workers. As part of the statement, Forever 21 also noted that it has promoted and converted 421 part-time store employees to full-time status since March of this year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-leader...

Tell me Mr. Business owner, will you argue that the market in each geographical market area is the same, or would you agree that they are not the same, and some stores in some areas would need to be tweaked to adjust to the market trend in their area?

Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26456 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not what you saw at all, "Reality Check".
I was directing attention to the fact that a piece produced by Glen Beck, who has at times claimed he should not be taken seriously on political views, and a SELF PROCLAIMED "ENTERTAINER".
You offering this piece of tabloid entertainment as though is was some highly proclaimed investigative journalism to be taken seriously is ludicrous.
Translation of Barney's response: "I'm just mad that you further exposed my side and our agenda to destroy America from the inside out". Don't worry Barney, everyone who reads this thread already knows that.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26457 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect you for stating the THE BLAZE was your source for the article. As you notice the story started off asking a question three fourths of the way through it tells you the answer, it is no.
So in the end, they have a benign puff piece, that says absolutely nothing.
But when you take FOX REJECT, GLEN BECK, and try and turn that into a silk purse,
all as I can say is,
good luck.
Call it what you want but she said what she said. Progressive Liberalism has failed everywhere it has been tried. It's is currently being tried on the largest and most grand stage in the world and the predictable failure will be epic and far reaching by the time it is all said and done. When this last beacon of personal freedoms falls, the world will be thrown into chaos. Even some of Obama's most faithful supporters are already seeing problems with where we are heading. I fear it will be too little too late.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#26458 Aug 21, 2013
You should have keep your pinion about Forever 21 to yourself.

First the company its self denies the claim you made, said its move had nothing to do with Obama care. So one, or more than likely both, of you Christians are lying.

Secondly a privet Christian company that according to its CEO Do Won Chang told CNN last September that the company was on track to make $4 billion in 2012.

Bank of America analysts lauded Forever 21 as "the most transformative retail concept."

What do its customers think of this.

"Your first priority should be the people that work to bring you your profit, not lining the pockets of your executives. Shame on you for being yet another company to leech off of the American people," wrote another.

Just lost my daughter's time and my dollars," one commenter wrote. "Your politics should not victimize your workers'
..........

What do you think Jesus would have done with $4 billion dollars profit?

Screw a handful of workers out of benefits, and claim to be a Christian held company.

Would he have lied, to make it fit his political agenda?

You have judged me on many occasions of not being able to answer that type of questions, due to your judgment, of me being non Christian, but I will take a swing at this one, and say,

Fu*k NO, he would not have.






Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#26459 Aug 21, 2013
Forever 21, a Christian company.

Tangentially, Forever 21 has been part of a class-action lawsuit in which former employees alleged that they weren't paid for overtime.

According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Forever 21 clothing is being produced in "sweatshop-like conditions" by workers in Los Angeles-area factories, the agency said in a press release on Thursday.

Its owners, Korean-American devout christians, print the phrase "John 3:16," a Biblical verse, on the bottom all of the store's yellow shopping bags.

In 2001, 19 Latino garment workers, aided by the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, sued the company, saying they had worked 10 or 12 hour days without overtime in dirty and unsafe conditions. In 2004, when the case was settled,

The U.S. Department of Labor has filed an action to enforce a subpoena issued to Los Angeles-based apparel retailer Forever 21 seeking documents related to the company’s apparel contractors and manufacturers. The Department initially issued the subpoena on Aug. 16. but the company has not complied with the demands.

A recent investigation by the department’s Wage and Hour Division found significant evidence of violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage, overtime and record-keeping provisions by vendors supplying goods to Forever 21.

Forever 21 has also been accused of infringing on designs from other fashion brands. Recently, designer Diane von Fürstenberg has filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 for duplicating her dress designs.[19] Since that time Furstenberg has settled with the company for undisclosed terms.[20] Singer and designer Gwen Stefani has filed a federal lawsuit against the fashion megachain, claiming the retailer illegally ripped off her Harajuku Lovers designs.[21] Designer Anna Sui has also filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 alleging that Forever 21 sold and offered for sale numerous women's fast fashion clothing items bearing a striking similarity to her products featured at the most recent New York Fashion Week shows

WTF has Obama have to do with Christian owned company?

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#26460 Aug 21, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you want but she said what she said. Progressive Liberalism has failed everywhere it has been tried. It's is currently being tried on the largest and most grand stage in the world and the predictable failure will be epic and far reaching by the time it is all said and done. When this last beacon of personal freedoms falls, the world will be thrown into chaos. Even some of Obama's most faithful supporters are already seeing problems with where we are heading. I fear it will be too little too late.
Yes she said what she said , and you did not understand a word of it.
Lisa

Mountain Home, AR

#26461 Aug 21, 2013
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

#26462 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
Forever 21, a Christian company.
Tangentially, Forever 21 has been part of a class-action lawsuit in which former employees alleged that they weren't paid for overtime.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Forever 21 clothing is being produced in "sweatshop-like conditions" by workers in Los Angeles-area factories, the agency said in a press release on Thursday.
Its owners, Korean-American devout christians, print the phrase "John 3:16," a Biblical verse, on the bottom all of the store's yellow shopping bags.
In 2001, 19 Latino garment workers, aided by the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, sued the company, saying they had worked 10 or 12 hour days without overtime in dirty and unsafe conditions. In 2004, when the case was settled,
The U.S. Department of Labor has filed an action to enforce a subpoena issued to Los Angeles-based apparel retailer Forever 21 seeking documents related to the company’s apparel contractors and manufacturers. The Department initially issued the subpoena on Aug. 16. but the company has not complied with the demands.
A recent investigation by the department’s Wage and Hour Division found significant evidence of violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage, overtime and record-keeping provisions by vendors supplying goods to Forever 21.
Forever 21 has also been accused of infringing on designs from other fashion brands. Recently, designer Diane von Fürstenberg has filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 for duplicating her dress designs.[19] Since that time Furstenberg has settled with the company for undisclosed terms.[20] Singer and designer Gwen Stefani has filed a federal lawsuit against the fashion megachain, claiming the retailer illegally ripped off her Harajuku Lovers designs.[21] Designer Anna Sui has also filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 alleging that Forever 21 sold and offered for sale numerous women's fast fashion clothing items bearing a striking similarity to her products featured at the most recent New York Fashion Week shows
WTF has Obama have to do with Christian owned company?
Obama would have nothing to do with anything Christian
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

#26463 Aug 21, 2013
Lisa wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2398257/Chris-Lane-m urder-Teens-shot-dead-Australi an-student-street-named-pictur ed.html?ICO=most_read_module
Another example of a bunch of conservative kids getting into mischief because they have entirely to much time on their hands.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26464 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
You should have keep your pinion about Forever 21 to yourself.
First the company its self denies the claim you made, said its move had nothing to do with Obama care. So one, or more than likely both, of you Christians are lying.
Secondly a privet Christian company that according to its CEO Do Won Chang told CNN last September that the company was on track to make $4 billion in 2012.
Bank of America analysts lauded Forever 21 as "the most transformative retail concept."
What do its customers think of this.
"Your first priority should be the people that work to bring you your profit, not lining the pockets of your executives. Shame on you for being yet another company to leech off of the American people," wrote another.
Just lost my daughter's time and my dollars," one commenter wrote. "Your politics should not victimize your workers'
..........
What do you think Jesus would have done with $4 billion dollars profit?
Screw a handful of workers out of benefits, and claim to be a Christian held company.
Would he have lied, to make it fit his political agenda?
You have judged me on many occasions of not being able to answer that type of questions, due to your judgment, of me being non Christian, but I will take a swing at this one, and say,
Fu*k NO, he would not have.
The first half of your post says pretty much what I said in my post so I'm not sure why you repeated it other than to get the attention off the fact that they cut hours to 1/2 hr below the Obamacare cutoff. No matter what they say, you know why they did it. As for your second half rant you need to read Matthew 20: 1-16. You will see that Jesus might not have done what you expect him to do. Jesus doesn't have a political agenda and he doesn't lie. As for me judging you, I have done no such thing. I have called you a democrat, liberal, progressive, and a socialist. None of which you have denied or refuted. That is not the same thing as judging you. Now if I had said that your actions towards me were so bad that there was no way you could be saved, THAT would be judging you. Or if I said you were the lowest of the low in society, THAT would have been judging you. To call you what you are is not the same as judging you. Try Matthew 7: 15-23.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26465 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes she said what she said , and you did not understand a word of it.
Maybe it was you that refused to understand a word of it.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26466 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
WTF has Obama have to do with Christian owned company?
He is the poster child of the disaster known as Obamacare that is forcing companies like Forever 21 to cut hours or risk going out of business. You see, companies will protect themselves first to insure there is a place to work for their employees. Are the conditions for sales reps better or worse since Obamacare? Did they have more benefits or less benefits before Obamacare? As much as you hate to admit it, you know the answer.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26467 Aug 21, 2013
Pondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of a bunch of conservative kids getting into mischief because they have entirely to much time on their hands.
Wow, you knew that how?
disgusted

San Jose, CA

#26468 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
You should have keep your pinion about Forever 21 to yourself.
First the company its self denies the claim you made, said its move had nothing to do with Obama care. So one, or more than likely both, of you Christians are lying.
Secondly a privet Christian company that according to its CEO Do Won Chang told CNN last September that the company was on track to make $4 billion in 2012.
Bank of America analysts lauded Forever 21 as "the most transformative retail concept."
What do its customers think of this.
"Your first priority should be the people that work to bring you your profit, not lining the pockets of your executives. Shame on you for being yet another company to leech off of the American people," wrote another.
Just lost my daughter's time and my dollars," one commenter wrote. "Your politics should not victimize your workers'
..........
What do you think Jesus would have done with $4 billion dollars profit?
Screw a handful of workers out of benefits, and claim to be a Christian held company.
Would he have lied, to make it fit his political agenda?
You have judged me on many occasions of not being able to answer that type of questions, due to your judgment, of me being non Christian, but I will take a swing at this one, and say,
Fu*k NO, he would not have.
You, Barney, are an idiot, and a bigger embarrassment to your political party than Howard Dean and his,'I Have a Scream' rant!
You would be wise to remember this little embarrassing post of yours before you decide to call anyone else out on spelling or confusion!
This was a pathetic attempt at literacy.

In many ways, you remind Me of Mr. Magoo...that virtually blind cartoon character from the '50's that stumbled and bumbled his way through life, thinking his vision is clear and nothing is wrong with him, yet causing chaos to everyone around him due to his refusal to recognize his blindness!
Yes, I think you and Mr. Magoo May very well be one and the same!
disgusted

San Jose, CA

#26469 Aug 21, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
Forever 21, a Christian company.
Tangentially, Forever 21 has been part of a class-action lawsuit in which former employees alleged that they weren't paid for overtime.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Forever 21 clothing is being produced in "sweatshop-like conditions" by workers in Los Angeles-area factories, the agency said in a press release on Thursday.
Its owners, Korean-American devout christians, print the phrase "John 3:16," a Biblical verse, on the bottom all of the store's yellow shopping bags.
In 2001, 19 Latino garment workers, aided by the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, sued the company, saying they had worked 10 or 12 hour days without overtime in dirty and unsafe conditions. In 2004, when the case was settled,
The U.S. Department of Labor has filed an action to enforce a subpoena issued to Los Angeles-based apparel retailer Forever 21 seeking documents related to the company’s apparel contractors and manufacturers. The Department initially issued the subpoena on Aug. 16. but the company has not complied with the demands.
A recent investigation by the department’s Wage and Hour Division found significant evidence of violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage, overtime and record-keeping provisions by vendors supplying goods to Forever 21.
Forever 21 has also been accused of infringing on designs from other fashion brands. Recently, designer Diane von Fürstenberg has filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 for duplicating her dress designs.[19] Since that time Furstenberg has settled with the company for undisclosed terms.[20] Singer and designer Gwen Stefani has filed a federal lawsuit against the fashion megachain, claiming the retailer illegally ripped off her Harajuku Lovers designs.[21] Designer Anna Sui has also filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 alleging that Forever 21 sold and offered for sale numerous women's fast fashion clothing items bearing a striking similarity to her products featured at the most recent New York Fashion Week shows
WTF has Obama have to do with Christian owned company?
More cut and pastes from Mr. Magoo!!
And the audacity to accuse others of an inability to 'see' things?!?!
You old, blind fool!
disgusted

San Jose, CA

#26470 Aug 21, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The first half of your post says pretty much what I said in my post so I'm not sure why you repeated it other than to get the attention off the fact that they cut hours to 1/2 hr below the Obamacare cutoff. No matter what they say, you know why they did it. As for your second half rant you need to read Matthew 20: 1-16. You will see that Jesus might not have done what you expect him to do. Jesus doesn't have a political agenda and he doesn't lie. As for me judging you, I have done no such thing. I have called you a democrat, liberal, progressive, and a socialist. None of which you have denied or refuted. That is not the same thing as judging you. Now if I had said that your actions towards me were so bad that there was no way you could be saved, THAT would be judging you. Or if I said you were the lowest of the low in society, THAT would have been judging you. To call you what you are is not the same as judging you. Try Matthew 7: 15-23.
You have not judged Barney, so please don't think that anyone thinks that you have.
Barney is just weighted down by the liberal chip he is forced to wear on both shoulders.
He is so weary from their excessive weight, he isn't able to process the realities of life.
disgusted

Conway, AR

#26471 Aug 21, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you knew that how?
I'm thinking that the Jonesboro post-er, posted this in jest.
(In light of past events in the judicial system...)
disgusted

San Jose, CA

#26472 Aug 21, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the poster child of the disaster known as Obamacare that is forcing companies like Forever 21 to cut hours or risk going out of business. You see, companies will protect themselves first to insure there is a place to work for their employees. Are the conditions for sales reps better or worse since Obamacare? Did they have more benefits or less benefits before Obamacare? As much as you hate to admit it, you know the answer.
Mr. Magoo is currently scouring liberal sites, to cut and paste here, so that he appears wise.
Apparently, he readily believes all of the lies that are readily given to answer the reality of what we are living.
His inability to see will continue to be his downfall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benny 1 hr Just Curious 5
Joe Grider and Carmen Rose? 1 hr coffeegood 14
jeff johnston 3 hr crazy eight 2
jeff johnston 3 hr crazy eight 2
Why is Dollar Tree closed unti further notice 4 hr pokeygirl 8
Last 5 hr old man 2
Vet clinic on Thomasville 9 hr Newman 11
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:36 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:36PM
Falcons release veteran running back Steven Jackson
Bleacher Report 8:55 PM
St. Louis Rams: 5 Best Options to Replace Joe Barksdale This Offseason
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why the Browns Need to Stay Far Away from Bradford
NFL 7:00 AM
Weinke makes a Luck-Bradford collegiate comparison
Bleacher Report 9:58 AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine