Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/20/mi...

Need I say more? Thanks liberal progressive indoctrination institutions aka public school systems. And liberals are supposed to fight for women and children's rights. Where was the 8th grader's rights? And people wonder why parents are pulling their children out of our public shcool systems.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
Liberals are killing our schools. I found an article on The Blaze where the Illinois school district is allowing kids to get math problems wrong as long as they can explain how they arrived at the answer. The video shows a representative explaining that a child can say that 3 times 4 equals 11 as long as they can explain how they arrived at the answer. You can read the article and watch the video at
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/08/19/ru...
Barney, you should be proud of you side for this one. With this type of leadership for our failing public schools we should be back atop the world academic standings in no time.
I respect you for stating the THE BLAZE was your source for the article. As you notice the story started off asking a question three fourths of the way through it tells you the answer, it is no.
So in the end, they have a benign puff piece, that says absolutely nothing.

But when you take FOX REJECT, GLEN BECK, and try and turn that into a silk purse,

all as I can say is,

good luck.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
http://www.theblaze.com/storie s/2013/08/20/mich-school-votes -to-keep-teachers-who-defended -colleague-that-molested-8th-g rader/
Need I say more? Thanks liberal progressive indoctrination institutions aka public school systems. And liberals are supposed to fight for women and children's rights. Where was the 8th grader's rights? And people wonder why parents are pulling their children out of our public shcool systems.
I could not agree more, you should not say more!

Just saying
Tanisha

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying
There once was a congressman named Weiner,

who had a perverted demeanor.

Forced from the Hill for acting like Bill,

now Congress is one weiner leaner.

Moral: "If you tweet your meat... you lose your seat."
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying
Stop saying, start thinking
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Maureen Down" ?
How About
Maureen Dowd
The Maureen Dowd
who won a Pulitzer Prize for her series of columns on the Monica Lewinsky scandal in the Clinton administration.
This is a passage from a Right Wing Blog about Maureen Dowd, funny how you guys hate her till you decide to like her..........
"Conservatives rightly disdain Maureen Dowd as the New York Times’s queen of snark, a writer whose work has long become the byword for pointless nastiness and deeply unserious takes on the news of the day that gives a bad name to political hatchet work. Yet, harking back to her salad days in the 1990s when she earned a reputation as the rare liberal who was willing to challenge Bill Clinton’s cult of personality
www.commentarymagazine.com/.../a-crack-in-the... ;
by Jonathan TobinMay 12, 2013 - Conservatives rightly disdain Maureen Dowd as the New York Times's queen of snark, a writer whose work has long become the byword for ...
My mistake on the spelling. No, I don't like her even when she's bashing fellow liberals.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just saying
Getting the attention off of the big failure that is liberalism I see.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect you for stating the THE BLAZE was your source for the article. As you notice the story started off asking a question three fourths of the way through it tells you the answer, it is no.
But when you take FOX REJECT, GLEN BECK, and try and turn that into a silk purse,
all as I can say is,
good luck.
All you had to do is say that you agree with the continued watering down of our youth for no better reason than to make them dependent on government thus keeping liberals in power. It must make you feel fantastic that your party has to manipulate an entire population to win and stay in power.
Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Forever 21 is slashing hours for many employees to 29.5 per week. Why 29.5? Well it just so happens that the cutoff where employers are forced to give employees helth insurance is 30 hours per week. Of course Forever 21's Carla Macias, associate director of human resources has issued this politically correct statement: "Company-wide, Forever 21 recently audited its staffing levels, staffing needs and payroll in conduction with reviewing its overall spending budget," "As a result, we are reducing a number of full-time non-management positions." Forever 21 says that this move will affect less than 1% of their overall employees. Also, 27,000 of Forever 21's 30,000 employees will no longer receive paid time off. The memo was leaked by an employee and 4 of the 7 reasons given for the hour cuts were related to the employee's current healthcare benefits with Forever 21. The other 3 all dealt with paid time off. Examples like this one are exactly what I meant when I said Obamacare was not feasable for our country and that it would crush the middle class. I shouldn't feel sorry for those in the middle class that bought into Obama's lies and voted for him but I do. Obama is no more than one huge lie. Everything about him is a lie and he is working on destroying America. And it's currently working.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting the attention off of the big failure that is liberalism I see.
That was not what you saw at all, "Reality Check".

I was directing attention to the fact that a piece produced by Glen Beck, who has at times claimed he should not be taken seriously on political views, and a SELF PROCLAIMED "ENTERTAINER".

You offering this piece of tabloid entertainment as though is was some highly proclaimed investigative journalism to be taken seriously is ludicrous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
Forever 21 is slashing hours for many employees to 29.5 per week. Why 29.5? Well it just so happens that the cutoff where employers are forced to give employees helth insurance is 30 hours per week. Of course Forever 21's Carla Macias, associate director of human resources has issued this politically correct statement: "Company-wide, Forever 21 recently audited its staffing levels, staffing needs and payroll in conduction with reviewing its overall spending budget," "As a result, we are reducing a number of full-time non-management positions." Forever 21 says that this move will affect less than 1% of their overall employees. Also, 27,000 of Forever 21's 30,000 employees will no longer receive paid time off. The memo was leaked by an employee and 4 of the 7 reasons given for the hour cuts were related to the employee's current healthcare benefits with Forever 21. The other 3 all dealt with paid time off. Examples like this one are exactly what I meant when I said Obamacare was not feasable for our country and that it would crush the middle class. I shouldn't feel sorry for those in the middle class that bought into Obama's lies and voted for him but I do. Obama is no more than one huge lie. Everything about him is a lie and he is working on destroying America. And it's currently working.
ROF- LMFAO

RC before you get to excited bashing Forever 21 and the way they run their company, remember, it's a company that publicly identifies itself as Christian.

One other thing you should know as well,

The recent decision, it says, affects 196 employees, or less than 1 percent of all U.S. store workers. As part of the statement, Forever 21 also noted that it has promoted and converted 421 part-time store employees to full-time status since March of this year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/on-leader...

Tell me Mr. Business owner, will you argue that the market in each geographical market area is the same, or would you agree that they are not the same, and some stores in some areas would need to be tweaked to adjust to the market trend in their area?

Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not what you saw at all, "Reality Check".
I was directing attention to the fact that a piece produced by Glen Beck, who has at times claimed he should not be taken seriously on political views, and a SELF PROCLAIMED "ENTERTAINER".
You offering this piece of tabloid entertainment as though is was some highly proclaimed investigative journalism to be taken seriously is ludicrous.
Translation of Barney's response: "I'm just mad that you further exposed my side and our agenda to destroy America from the inside out". Don't worry Barney, everyone who reads this thread already knows that.
Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
all as I can say is,
good luck.
Call it what you want but she said what she said. Progressive Liberalism has failed everywhere it has been tried. It's is currently being tried on the largest and most grand stage in the world and the predictable failure will be epic and far reaching by the time it is all said and done. When this last beacon of personal freedoms falls, the world will be thrown into chaos. Even some of Obama's most faithful supporters are already seeing problems with where we are heading. I fear it will be too little too late.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

You should have keep your pinion about Forever 21 to yourself.

First the company its self denies the claim you made, said its move had nothing to do with Obama care. So one, or more than likely both, of you Christians are lying.

Secondly a privet Christian company that according to its CEO Do Won Chang told CNN last September that the company was on track to make $4 billion in 2012.

Bank of America analysts lauded Forever 21 as "the most transformative retail concept."

What do its customers think of this.

"Your first priority should be the people that work to bring you your profit, not lining the pockets of your executives. Shame on you for being yet another company to leech off of the American people," wrote another.

Just lost my daughter's time and my dollars," one commenter wrote. "Your politics should not victimize your workers'

What do you think Jesus would have done with $4 billion dollars profit?

Screw a handful of workers out of benefits, and claim to be a Christian held company.

Would he have lied, to make it fit his political agenda?

You have judged me on many occasions of not being able to answer that type of questions, due to your judgment, of me being non Christian, but I will take a swing at this one, and say,

Fu*k NO, he would not have.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Forever 21, a Christian company.

Tangentially, Forever 21 has been part of a class-action lawsuit in which former employees alleged that they weren't paid for overtime.

According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Forever 21 clothing is being produced in "sweatshop-like conditions" by workers in Los Angeles-area factories, the agency said in a press release on Thursday.

Its owners, Korean-American devout christians, print the phrase "John 3:16," a Biblical verse, on the bottom all of the store's yellow shopping bags.

In 2001, 19 Latino garment workers, aided by the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, sued the company, saying they had worked 10 or 12 hour days without overtime in dirty and unsafe conditions. In 2004, when the case was settled,

The U.S. Department of Labor has filed an action to enforce a subpoena issued to Los Angeles-based apparel retailer Forever 21 seeking documents related to the company’s apparel contractors and manufacturers. The Department initially issued the subpoena on Aug. 16. but the company has not complied with the demands.

A recent investigation by the department’s Wage and Hour Division found significant evidence of violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage, overtime and record-keeping provisions by vendors supplying goods to Forever 21.

Forever 21 has also been accused of infringing on designs from other fashion brands. Recently, designer Diane von Fürstenberg has filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 for duplicating her dress designs.[19] Since that time Furstenberg has settled with the company for undisclosed terms.[20] Singer and designer Gwen Stefani has filed a federal lawsuit against the fashion megachain, claiming the retailer illegally ripped off her Harajuku Lovers designs.[21] Designer Anna Sui has also filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 alleging that Forever 21 sold and offered for sale numerous women's fast fashion clothing items bearing a striking similarity to her products featured at the most recent New York Fashion Week shows

WTF has Obama have to do with Christian owned company?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it what you want but she said what she said. Progressive Liberalism has failed everywhere it has been tried. It's is currently being tried on the largest and most grand stage in the world and the predictable failure will be epic and far reaching by the time it is all said and done. When this last beacon of personal freedoms falls, the world will be thrown into chaos. Even some of Obama's most faithful supporters are already seeing problems with where we are heading. I fear it will be too little too late.
Yes she said what she said , and you did not understand a word of it.
Lisa

Cherokee Village, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
Forever 21, a Christian company.
Tangentially, Forever 21 has been part of a class-action lawsuit in which former employees alleged that they weren't paid for overtime.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, Forever 21 clothing is being produced in "sweatshop-like conditions" by workers in Los Angeles-area factories, the agency said in a press release on Thursday.
Its owners, Korean-American devout christians, print the phrase "John 3:16," a Biblical verse, on the bottom all of the store's yellow shopping bags.
In 2001, 19 Latino garment workers, aided by the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, sued the company, saying they had worked 10 or 12 hour days without overtime in dirty and unsafe conditions. In 2004, when the case was settled,
The U.S. Department of Labor has filed an action to enforce a subpoena issued to Los Angeles-based apparel retailer Forever 21 seeking documents related to the company’s apparel contractors and manufacturers. The Department initially issued the subpoena on Aug. 16. but the company has not complied with the demands.
A recent investigation by the department’s Wage and Hour Division found significant evidence of violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage, overtime and record-keeping provisions by vendors supplying goods to Forever 21.
Forever 21 has also been accused of infringing on designs from other fashion brands. Recently, designer Diane von Fürstenberg has filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 for duplicating her dress designs.[19] Since that time Furstenberg has settled with the company for undisclosed terms.[20] Singer and designer Gwen Stefani has filed a federal lawsuit against the fashion megachain, claiming the retailer illegally ripped off her Harajuku Lovers designs.[21] Designer Anna Sui has also filed a lawsuit against Forever 21 alleging that Forever 21 sold and offered for sale numerous women's fast fashion clothing items bearing a striking similarity to her products featured at the most recent New York Fashion Week shows
WTF has Obama have to do with Christian owned company?
Obama would have nothing to do with anything Christian
Pondering

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Lisa wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new s/article-2398257/Chris-Lane-m urder-Teens-shot-dead-Australi an-student-street-named-pictur ed.html?ICO=most_read_module
Another example of a bunch of conservative kids getting into mischief because they have entirely to much time on their hands.
Reality Check

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
You should have keep your pinion about Forever 21 to yourself.
First the company its self denies the claim you made, said its move had nothing to do with Obama care. So one, or more than likely both, of you Christians are lying.
Secondly a privet Christian company that according to its CEO Do Won Chang told CNN last September that the company was on track to make $4 billion in 2012.
Bank of America analysts lauded Forever 21 as "the most transformative retail concept."
What do its customers think of this.
"Your first priority should be the people that work to bring you your profit, not lining the pockets of your executives. Shame on you for being yet another company to leech off of the American people," wrote another.
Just lost my daughter's time and my dollars," one commenter wrote. "Your politics should not victimize your workers'
What do you think Jesus would have done with $4 billion dollars profit?
Screw a handful of workers out of benefits, and claim to be a Christian held company.
Would he have lied, to make it fit his political agenda?
You have judged me on many occasions of not being able to answer that type of questions, due to your judgment, of me being non Christian, but I will take a swing at this one, and say,
Fu*k NO, he would not have.
The first half of your post says pretty much what I said in my post so I'm not sure why you repeated it other than to get the attention off the fact that they cut hours to 1/2 hr below the Obamacare cutoff. No matter what they say, you know why they did it. As for your second half rant you need to read Matthew 20: 1-16. You will see that Jesus might not have done what you expect him to do. Jesus doesn't have a political agenda and he doesn't lie. As for me judging you, I have done no such thing. I have called you a democrat, liberal, progressive, and a socialist. None of which you have denied or refuted. That is not the same thing as judging you. Now if I had said that your actions towards me were so bad that there was no way you could be saved, THAT would be judging you. Or if I said you were the lowest of the low in society, THAT would have been judging you. To call you what you are is not the same as judging you. Try Matthew 7: 15-23.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing Pocahontas woman found safe in Mississippi 20 min Guest 36
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr birds 9,791
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 1 hr cathyjudy 828
mcnabb funeral home 2 hr Truth is 11
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 8 hr caller 257
Sarah Pratt (Mar '12) 9 hr get real 24
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) 10 hr Knock knock 407
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••