Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26180 Aug 4, 2013
proverb wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, if I remember correctly, I believe Proverbs 6 tells us to consider the work of the ant, and though the ant has no captain, overseer, or ruler provides for itself supplies in the summer, and gathers its own food in the fall. The warning that follows is for the lazy...with the consequence of poverty to follow.
Of course, the typical response from those that that only pick and chose the areas of scripture that seem to 'prove' their point, are the first ones to ignore, reject, or 'redefine' the areas that don't suit them.
It sounds like a hypocritical...but, of course, it seems like those that have perfected this technique are also the first ones to despise hypocrisy...
Life's funny, isn't it...
Absolutely. There are countless passages in Proverbs that speak to our responsibility to work. Good point.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#26181 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no caring for the poor in either Sodom or Gomorrah. They were vile places full of immorality. It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving. The world became a better place when those two cities were destroyed. That is why God called it a good thing. Listen, I have tried to stay away from the Biblical conversations with you but you keep dragging it back. You don't have a clue of what your saying so why don't you just leave it alone and stick to something you know. Defending liberal ideology. And if I'm not going to talk about Christianity then I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take shots at Christianity simply because you know I agreed not to talk about it.
You should stay away from Biblical conversations, God destroyed four cities on that day.

Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim ...

(Deuteronomy 29:23, Hosea 11:8).

Location hidden

#26182 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have insight into their lives, it is no different than saying the sky is blue on a cloudless day. You just don't like the fact that I would say that and your trying to fit me into a false stereotype.
It's a lot different, the statement about blue sky is an objective one, insight into their lives, most likely, is purely subjective.

Do you have access to these peoples medical or financial records?
If not, then you are judging.

But it is all good, because if Heaven was free of sinners it would be a lonely place, would it not?

You remind me of the lyrics of an old song;
Go ahead and hate your neighbor,
Go ahead and cheat a friend.
Do it in the name of Heaven,
You can justify it in the end.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26183 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a lot different, the statement about blue sky is an objective one, insight into their lives, most likely, is purely subjective.
But it is all good, because if Heaven was free of sinners it would be a lonely place, would it not?
Yes, that was an antigovernment song, thought you would be aware of it.
barney is a bottomhole

Mountain Home, AR

#26184 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stay away from Biblical conversations, God destroyed four cities on that day.
Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboiim ...
(Deuteronomy 29:23, Hosea 11:8).
Up early this morning after a long night of being butt bumped by those casual Liberal Gay friends that you also work with.
You going to be promoted to "head" fry cook since you do give it so well to so many?

Location hidden

#26185 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no caring for the poor in either Sodom or Gomorrah. They were vile places full of immorality. It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving. The world became a better place when those two cities were destroyed. That is why God called it a good thing. Listen, I have tried to stay away from the Biblical conversations with you but you keep dragging it back. You don't have a clue of what your saying so why don't you just leave it alone and stick to something you know. Defending liberal ideology. And if I'm not going to talk about Christianity then I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take shots at Christianity simply because you know I agreed not to talk about it.
"It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving."

Nope, you are wrong.

Abraham then inquired of God for mercy at lower numbers (first 45, then 40, then 30, then 20, and finally at 10), with the LORD agreeing each time.[Gen 18:22-33][26] Two of the angels proceeded to Sodom and were met by Abraham's nephew Lot, who convinced the angels to lodge with him, and they ate with Lot.

Would you care to discuss what Lot and his two daughters did after he was spared?

Location hidden

#26186 Aug 4, 2013
Dont Know Much Either wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that was an antigovernment song, thought you would be aware of it.
Truth of the matter, One Tin Soldier is a 60s era anti-war song, and made it to the top of the charts in 1973 and 1974 at the end of the Viet Nam war after it was used in the sound track, of The Legend of Billy Jack.

Any thing else you would like to add to that?
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26187 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth of the matter, One Tin Soldier is a 60s era anti-war song, and made it to the top of the charts in 1973 and 1974 at the end of the Viet Nam war after it was used in the sound track, of The Legend of Billy Jack.
Any thing else you would like to add to that?
Yes, the song made the Vietnamese the Mountain people, the US Government the Valley People. I can Google with the best, I also think on my own, which you can't. Poor, poor Barney.

Location hidden

#26188 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
"There was no caring for the poor in either Sodom or Gomorrah"

NO KIDDING, that was what the Bible verse said I posted.

Ezekiel 16:49-50,“Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me:

"there wasn't one single person worth saving"

That is not what the Bible says.

How do you explain Lot's wife being turned into salt if not one person was worth saving?

Seems to me you would have know that.

I do believe your statement was, you would not talk about it, unless some one brought it up first.

NO worries I brought it up.&#9787;

Location hidden

#26189 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, the song made the Vietnamese the Mountain people, the US Government the Valley People. I can Google with the best, I also think on my own, which you can't. Poor, poor Barney.
In that case you should have thought to "Google" before you posted.

BTW who spews more anti government rhetoric than Reality Check.

"I also think on my own",

you sure do a poor job of showing it.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26190 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case you should have thought to "Google" before you posted.
BTW who spews more anti government rhetoric than Reality Check.
"I also think on my own",
you sure do a poor job of showing it.
His is antigovernment, yours is anti American.
jack

San Jose, CA

#26191 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving."
Nope, you are wrong.
Abraham then inquired of God for mercy at lower numbers (first 45, then 40, then 30, then 20, and finally at 10), with the LORD agreeing each time.[Gen 18:22-33][26] Two of the angels proceeded to Sodom and were met by Abraham's nephew Lot, who convinced the angels to lodge with him, and they ate with Lot.
Would you care to discuss what Lot and his two daughters did after he was spared?
Barney...Barney...Barney...why you wanna judge Lot so harshly by bringing up that ugly episode with he and his daughters?
What right do you have to judge the actions of Lot and his daughters?
What judgement are you passing on this trio with your leading question?

After all, in 2 Peter 2:8 God reveals that because Lot was a
righteous man, his soul was vexed by all of the evil around him.
Barney, you aren't guilty of passing your own judgment on Lot, are you?

Greenbrier, AR

#26192 Aug 4, 2013
O- blow me says he against those temporary jobs the pipe line will have.. That dumb bassterd thinks those bridge jobs he keeps harping on is permanent ones it seems.. After that bridge is built how many people does it take to run it?? Hmmm. Typical democrat $hit!!
thats not what the bible

San Jose, CA

#26193 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Barney, your very words reveal what a simplistic thinker you are and how very little you actually know compared to what you think you know.
You should consider removing the plank from your judging eye as you try to reveal the speck in the eyes of others. It would certainly clear your vision.
You are the epitome of the very thing you claim to detest...but you are only wise in your own eyes. Better keep that mirror close by!
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26194 Aug 4, 2013
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney...Barney...Barney...why you wanna judge Lot so harshly by bringing up that ugly episode with he and his daughters?
What right do you have to judge the actions of Lot and his daughters?
What judgement are you passing on this trio with your leading question?
After all, in 2 Peter 2:8 God reveals that because Lot was a
righteous man, his soul was vexed by all of the evil around him.
Barney, you aren't guilty of passing your own judgment on Lot, are you?
If it has anything to do with Christian tradition, Barney is against it. Barney looks at us as a nation of victims, he will never change, no need to, it is always someone else's fault.

Location hidden

#26195 Aug 4, 2013
thats not what the bible wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Barney, your very words reveal what a simplistic thinker you are and how very little you actually know compared to what you think you know.
You should consider removing the plank from your judging eye as you try to reveal the speck in the eyes of others. It would certainly clear your vision.
You are the epitome of the very thing you claim to detest...but you are only wise in your own eyes. Better keep that mirror close by!
Tell me something, did you get to thinking how stupid you sounded in your last post?

Now you are taking a shot at me under another name for self appeasement, for your ignorance.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26196 Aug 4, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me something, did you get to thinking how stupid you sounded in your last post?
Now you are taking a shot at me under another name for self appeasement, for your ignorance.
Do you ever reread what you submit? You're a big target, if he had taken a shot at you he would have hit you

Location hidden

#26197 Aug 4, 2013
thats not what the bible wrote:
<quoted text>
You should give STRONG consideration to taking your own advice.

I have no recollection of you ever proving me wrong on anything.

If you have prove it.

If you can do that it would lend creditability to your subjective opinion.

Until then I will just consider you just another conceded little narrow minded person who thinks their opinion is fact because you think it is.
Dont Know Nothing

Medford, OR

#26198 Aug 4, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance is bliss. Please fill me in on your business experience. I really am curious to know how much business knowlege you actually have because what you have been posting shows you have none.
Tell me how everyone is going to pay their "fair share" when we have a broken tax code. How are people in upper income brackets going to pay their "fair share" when they pay a tax rate that is effectively less than those in some of the poorest brackets. Tell me how we are going to pay for infrastructure, schooling, technological and medical research, government officials, and the military, when you take corporate taxes; which generate around 1/3 of the revenue, out of the equation? So what you are is anti-American? What you are saying is that you are a right wing so called patriot that condemns everyone else's decisions because they are not in line with your own? Should American's have the choice to buy what they want? I think so, this is America, not a communist country. If you are looking for my way or the highway politics that offers no open minded individualism then maybe you should move to China. You know that country you love to talk about. Who is complaining about everything being made over seas? LOL, simple fact is when NAFTA was put in place EVERYONE was in support of the bill. Now we are paying a price, plain and simple. Like I said before things are changing and companies that were once seeing better business by moving over seas are now coming home, believe it. Yes I am saying that we should not be paying CEO's millions of dollars each year to make simple common sense decisions that more than half of the people they employ make. I also do not think they deserve to make as much as surgeons and doctors, which actually have to make smart decisions in their practice or they could put someone's life in danger, instead of putting someone's life on the public doll. Name one CEO that has went to schooling and actually earned a degree in something that one of their employees are not capable or have not already achieved. You do realize that revenue loss means a company is doing bad now don't you? You do realize that a reduction in revenue sustained for long amounts of time causes companies to close right? Why should a company who is not bringing in more than they are putting out stay in business? You are then paying to keep a business open, which is ridiculous. Any good business owner knows if you are not generating enough revenue to cover the cost of your business and maintain a state of living then need to reevaluate your business plan or close the business down, plain and simple. I do not need to throw the business's I have helped start, open, and run, under the bus for public scrutiny on a 2nd class website to a 3rd class citizen. However, I do know, that second hand consignment shop you sell all your Chinese made goods in should be shut down, since you are trying to encourage people to by American made goods. See the hypocrisy behind your reasoning? What I have posted about my business experience has simply made your point of view null and void, and it has exasperated you to the point where you are now questioning the very ideas that have founded your "failing" business. Revenue loss is FAILING, period. What you said is your business has experience what? Revenue loss. You will not find any competent investor to back you with funding if you were in the market and telling them how your business was successful for one year and failing the rest, period. Your thinking and reasoning, need to be enlightened with some good business sense, or you soon will find yourself on the same doll you are so quick to degrade others too. Your employees may be on some sort of government assistance, who are YOU to degrade them? You are right, ignorance is bliss, to some. Those like yourself who indulge in hypocrisy and ignorance on a daily bases must be happy all the time, right?

Location hidden

#26199 Aug 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you ever reread what you submit? You're a big target, if he had taken a shot at you he would have hit you
How do you know it was a "HE" slick ?

What is it to you anyway?

LMAO- we both know the answer to that don't we?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I must be obsolete 2 hr Just Me 9
Chicken Plant 5 hr Bulls Eye 6
Daycare 6 hr Lacey 4
Benny Blackwell 8 hr Chris 7
Work needed for Christmas 12 hr Beatle 28
Do the theatre still have good shows? Wed the truth 15
Crystal Haynes (Aug '09) Wed greenbrier 36
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web