Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26159 Aug 3, 2013
Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>You are still missing the whole point. So what you are saying is you would not tax corporations anything correct? Then where would revenue to build the roads and bridges come from then to go to work at these corporations?
The revenue would come from EVERYBODY paying their "fair share" and not just half the country. No double taxation needed.
I only mentioned China because they were one of the first to corner a large sector of foreign made goods. Again, NAFTA would have had no relevence if the American consumer would have refused to buy foreign made products. You may not like it but it IS price that is king to the American consumer. No patriotism goes into purchasing decisions for at least 95% of American consumers. I blame the consumer for the dominance of foreign products in our country. The same people that only price shop are the same people that are complaining that everything we buy comes from overseas yet they want to take no responsibility for their part in the problem. It's always NAFTA's fault. You say CEO's are rewarded for the job's they do. Do you think most CEO's are overcompensated? I can assure you that the CEO's of a company have to have far more intellect and skill about the company they run than all of the people under them combined. All taxes in this country come from the corporate level which pay their workers who pay income taxes or from government that pays it's workers that pay their income taxes. So your point about personal taxes paying for welfare is a mute point. You do realize that a reduction in business doesn't mean they are failing don't you? No, wait, you keep going to that well so obviously you don't know that and apparantly don't want to know it. Ignorance is bliss. Please fill me in on your business experience. I really am curious to know how much business knowlege you actually have because what you have been posting shows you have none.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26160 Aug 3, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The revenue would come from EVERYBODY paying their "fair share" and not just half the country. No double taxation needed.
I only mentioned China because they were one of the first to corner a large sector of foreign made goods. Again, NAFTA would have had no relevence if the American consumer would have refused to buy foreign made products. You may not like it but it IS price that is king to the American consumer. No patriotism goes into purchasing decisions for at least 95% of American consumers. I blame the consumer for the dominance of foreign products in our country. The same people that only price shop are the same people that are complaining that everything we buy comes from overseas yet they want to take no responsibility for their part in the problem. It's always NAFTA's fault. You say CEO's are rewarded for the job's they do. Do you think most CEO's are overcompensated? I can assure you that the CEO's of a company have to have far more intellect and skill about the company they run than all of the people under them combined. All taxes in this country come from the corporate level which pay their workers who pay income taxes or from government that pays it's workers that pay their income taxes. So your point about personal taxes paying for welfare is a mute point. You do realize that a reduction in business doesn't mean they are failing don't you? No, wait, you keep going to that well so obviously you don't know that and apparantly don't want to know it. Ignorance is bliss. Please fill me in on your business experience. I really am curious to know how much business knowlege you actually have because what you have been posting shows you have none.
It is not fair that people should be forced to work and pay taxes. There are plenty of folks working to keep the rest of us up if they would just tax the workers more.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#26161 Aug 3, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparantly, you also have a misunderstanding of how the recipients I am speaking of view entitlements. It is a status symbol that is greatly sought after. The people I am talking about will go to great lengths to give the appearance of helplessnes. They see it as a better quality of life w/o having to work for it. An early retirement if you will.
How can you find something dipicable that you don't even understand? Isn't that hypocritical? But please, if you understand Christianity, please explain it to me so I may issue you a well deserved apology, which I will gladly give. I can assure you that not having a safety net would mean no moral baggage to any true Christian. The moral baggage we carry is not reliant on any government program. You give the government WAY too much credit for their importance and role in our society where morality is concerned. Again, you grossly misunderstand what a Christian is. I do not care what you say, you do not understand it (sound familiar?). I have agreed not to speak to you on a personal level about it so I won't but.....
ONE more time- I could care less about your subjective interpretation of the people you speak of.

Jesus said in John 7:24,“Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.”

People have to meet strict guidelines to qualify for these programs.

As any program the safety guards are not fool proof.

READ CAREFULY PLEASE- I did not say, I find "Christianity"
'despicable' I said,

"Its the ignorant, ultra conservatives, and racial bigots, and
Hypocrites claiming to be Christians that I find despicable"

Other words, my wrath was directed at the ones I described, not at Christians et-al.

Another lapse in comprehension, moral baggage, I fully suspected such a response and put (could) in caps just for this purpose.

Just saying without it,(social net), would it not increase the burden of the true Christian to step up and fill in where the Gov. left off?

After all, Jesus’ commandment to care “for the least of these”

Ezekiel 16:49-50,“Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.”

Leviticus 19:9-10,“And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God.”

"There are 260 million Americans. Forty percent of them attend some sort of a “Christian” church each Sunday. That is 104 million. These attend 1.5 million churches across America. There are 3 million recipients of welfare in America right now. If each church helped two families get on their feet if possible, welfare could be eliminated. Remember, there was a day when our country did not have welfare. Families and Christians helped each other."

http://www.fbbc.com/messages/kohl_political_s...

There you go Buddy, I just explained it to you!

Washington DC

#26162 Aug 3, 2013
So you see Reality Check, people can understand and conduct their lives in a manner consistent with what is written in the Bible and not consider themselves a Christian .

Or one could claim the Christian identity yet purvey a steady line of untruths and rhetoric that is inconsistent with their professed faith.

cognitive dissonance
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26163 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"2/3 of government" That is just laughable, and a great example of your political ignorance.
Presently, a minority of senators are engaged in unprecedented obstructionism to block legislation and bring judicial confirmations to a crawl.
"There’s a simple reason for this disparity. It may only take 60 votes to get something accomplished in the Senate, but it takes 100 votes to do so quickly".
If the Dems had 60 votes in the Senate, then they would control two of the three branches.
I agree that we do have 2/3 of our government that's laughable, the Senate and the President. Seems to me that the checks and balances of our government are working. Our governmental system was designed so that no one party could gain complete control of our country. Would you prefer a dictatorship? I certainly have a problem with the decisions being made but the system is working. It worked when there was a Republican president and either the House or the Senate in Republican control but I bet you didn't have near the problem with that. As I stated before, your party has more than 2/3 control of our government but some of them just have an (R) by their name. Besides, why are you complaining so much? This country has gone through the most radical transformation in the shortest amount of time under Obama because he keeps ignoring the Constitution. To say Obama can't get anything done is just wrong. He's done more than enough.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26164 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE more time- I could care less about your subjective interpretation of the people you speak of.
Jesus said in John 7:24,“Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.”
Of course, since you looked up that passage, you know that it is speaking of not judging a person's appearance but judging how closely their actions are in accordance with God's word and not in accordance with government guidelines? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26165 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
READ CAREFULY PLEASE- I did not say, I find "Christianity"
'despicable' I said,
"Its the ignorant, ultra conservatives, and racial bigots, and
Hypocrites claiming to be Christians that I find despicable"
Other words, my wrath was directed at the ones I described, not at Christians et-al.
Another lapse in comprehension, moral baggage, I fully suspected such a response and put (could) in caps just for this purpose.
Just saying without it,(social net), would it not increase the burden of the true Christian to step up and fill in where the Gov. left off?
Ezekiel 16:49-50,“Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.”
Leviticus 19:9-10,“And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God.”
"There are 260 million Americans. Forty percent of them attend some sort of a “Christian” church each Sunday. That is 104 million. These attend 1.5 million churches across America. There are 3 million recipients of welfare in America right now. If each church helped two families get on their feet if possible, welfare could be eliminated. Remember, there was a day when our country did not have welfare. Families and Christians helped each other."
You will use any excuse to not hold yourself accountable wont you.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26166 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"For the least of these" is from Matthew 25:40 and, if taken in context, it is speaking of all children, because they don't pick and choose their life circumstances, and the less fortunate followers of Christ.

Not sure why you listed Ezekiel 16:49-50. It is speaking of God's wrath being poured out on the city of Sodom and her removal as a good thing in God's eyes.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26167 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
This passage is about an old Jewish law that said the farmer should leave some of the harvest behind for the poor that are watching so they could get something to eat. The kicker here is that it was left up to the farmer as to how much to leave only that he should leave some. The government didn't come in and say "leave half". Again, the farmer's actions would be judged by God and only God. Not you, me, Obama, or any other mortal. How much he left had no earthly consequences one way or another. Can't believe you put that, unless you don't understand what being a Christian means.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26168 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with this statement. We Christian's are called to not only care for families at home but across the world. I am a firm believer in the making sure you are taken care of so that you are able to take care of others. We as Christians are also to be good stewards of God's money. If a family comes to a church just to see how much money they can get and how many people will give them money, it's the church's job to make sure that doesn't happen. Not being cruel but rather seeing something for what it is. If a needy family comes to a church seeking help, they will first and foremost be helped spiritually and maybe financially as it should be.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#26169 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
So you see Reality Check, people can understand and conduct their lives in a manner consistent with what is written in the Bible and not consider themselves a Christian .
Or one could claim the Christian identity yet purvey a steady line of untruths and rhetoric that is inconsistent with their professed faith.
cognitive dissonance
You simply don't get it.

Washington DC

#26170 Aug 3, 2013
Dont Know Much Either wrote:
<quoted text>
You will use any excuse to not hold yourself accountable wont you.
How ironic !

If that was an excuse please explain to me how the word "could" in caps got in the original post?

Washington DC

#26171 Aug 3, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, since you looked up that passage, you know that it is speaking of not judging a person's appearance but judging how closely their actions are in accordance with God's word and not in accordance with government guidelines? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to.
OH I want to.

I agree with you on the meaning on that. Also in my view one who claims to be Christian should refrain from doing such.

Refrain from saying things like this,

QUOTE;

"The people I am talking about will go to great lengths to give the appearance of helplessness"

Washington DC

#26172 Aug 3, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
"For the least of these" is from Matthew 25:40 and, if taken in context, it is speaking of all children, because they don't pick and choose their life circumstances, and the less fortunate followers of Christ.
Not sure why you listed Ezekiel 16:49-50. It is speaking of God's wrath being poured out on the city of Sodom and her removal as a good thing in God's eyes.
Why did God think it was a good thing?

Because of iniquity perhaps, that they did not offer to strengthen the hand of the poor.

My point is this, caring for the poor is prevalent through out the Bible.

Washington DC

#26173 Aug 3, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
This passage is about an old Jewish law that said the farmer should leave some of the harvest behind for the poor that are watching so they could get something to eat. The kicker here is that it was left up to the farmer as to how much to leave only that he should leave some. The government didn't come in and say "leave half". Again, the farmer's actions would be judged by God and only God. Not you, me, Obama, or any other mortal. How much he left had no earthly consequences one way or another. Can't believe you put that, unless you don't understand what being a Christian means.
And who gave the farmer that command to share his crop with the poor? GOD

Get your head out of your ass and look what I said, If there were no government social welfare it COULD increase the burden on Christians and society as a whole as far as that goes.

Where did you come up with this "Kicker" crap.

That was the point, WHAT IF there was no government intervention.

Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26174 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic !
If that was an excuse please explain to me how the word "could" in caps got in the original post?
Got your 40oz malt liquor and two deep fryers to clean, I guess we will be entertained with your brilliance another Saturday night.
Dont Know Much Either

Jonesboro, AR

#26175 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your head out of your ass and look what I said, If there were no government social welfare it COULD increase the burden on Christians and society as a whole as far as that goes.
The Bible instructs that those that can take care of themselves are to do so, read Timothy, it address the welfare state, I know no Christians that begrudge taking care of those that cannot take care of themselves. A good liberal will send money to PETA before Save The Children. Heck, a good liberal would support Planned Parenthood before Saint Jude.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26176 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
OH I want to.
I agree with you on the meaning on that. Also in my view one who claims to be Christian should refrain from doing such.
Refrain from saying things like this,
QUOTE;
"The people I am talking about will go to great lengths to give the appearance of helplessness"
When you have insight into their lives, it is no different than saying the sky is blue on a cloudless day. You just don't like the fact that I would say that and your trying to fit me into a false stereotype.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26177 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it wouldn't increase any burden. Those that need help would get help and those that are trying to work the system would get nothing. The kicker is that you believe government should be in every aspect of our lives yet the ancient Jewish law you cited left the decision to the individual farmer without government intrusion. A conservative point of view if I ever saw one.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#26178 Aug 3, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did God think it was a good thing?
Because of iniquity perhaps, that they did not offer to strengthen the hand of the poor.
My point is this, caring for the poor is prevalent through out the Bible.
There was no caring for the poor in either Sodom or Gomorrah. They were vile places full of immorality. It was so bad that God decided that there wasn't one single person worth saving. The world became a better place when those two cities were destroyed. That is why God called it a good thing. Listen, I have tried to stay away from the Biblical conversations with you but you keep dragging it back. You don't have a clue of what your saying so why don't you just leave it alone and stick to something you know. Defending liberal ideology. And if I'm not going to talk about Christianity then I would appreciate it if you wouldn't take shots at Christianity simply because you know I agreed not to talk about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) 26 min KatBrownKohl 838
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 46 min KatBrownKohl 216
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 49 min KatBrownKohl 223
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) 54 min KatBrownKohl 412
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr bird man 9,981
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) 1 hr guest 378
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr guest 946
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search