|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>Seems like the company you work for, whatever that may be, needs to figure out a better strategy to approach the ever changing market instead of complaining about not making sales. That is what successful companies do, why can yours not follow in their footsteps? What has president Obama done to directly impact the performance of your company? Sounds like a personal problem to me, instead of a presidential one. Find another job if your company cannot succeed or invest in an already successful business, it is that easy.
Well the welfare queen is back, what happened did you John give up on you?
Don't give anyone advice on how to run a business, you were the one running around here begging for furniture before you left for dope town of Medford.
So what is your successful sales strategy? Still using the craigs list or now is it down to walking the streets?

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
What I know about when Obama took office is that companies like mine which are very small were still doing well. We had the best year we have ever had in 2008 by a significant margin. Each year has seen declines since then with the exception of a very slight bump in 2011. Did Obama know about the bank bailouts and the war before he took office? I believe he did and, ironically, he did exactly as Bush did when the big 3 automakers got in trouble. Either both bailouts were right or both were wrong but one can't be right while the other is wrong. To listen to Obama one would think that Bush was wrong for bailing out companies that had bad business practices but Obama was a hero for doing the same. I personally think that all of them should have been allowed to go under and let their competitors that weren't as reckless absorb their business. You called someone else that, not me.
"A person's success or failure rests squarely on the shoulder's of that individual. If that person doesn't reach whatever goal they set for themselves, then it is nobody elses fault"

"It irks me for people to blame someone or something else for the way their life turned out"

Quotes from Reality Check's post #25863

What position are going to take today?

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

keeping it real wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you what, I, myself, am pretty tickled that I get under your skin so badly!!!
Here you are, squalling like a whipped pup, but trying to masquerade behind that foul mouth, thinking you are one of the 'big dogs'!!
Now that...that is hilarious!
Thanks for giving us the chance to laugh at you...not with you.
"I, myself," did you forgot to add me? ME, myself, I.

That "I, myself" is that the "us" you are referring to?

Looks like this person has made one reply to you and you have made at least two to them, that I readily see, makes me wonder who is getting to whom.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"A person's success or failure rests squarely on the shoulder's of that individual. If that person doesn't reach whatever goal they set for themselves, then it is nobody elses fault"
"It irks me for people to blame someone or something else for the way their life turned out"
Barney we know the position you are going to take today.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Dont Know Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>Seems like the company you work for, whatever that may be, needs to figure out a better strategy to approach the ever changing market instead of complaining about not making sales. That is what successful companies do, why can yours not follow in their footsteps? What has president Obama done to directly impact the performance of your company? Sounds like a personal problem to me, instead of a presidential one. Find another job if your company cannot succeed or invest in an already successful business, it is that easy.
When people don't have money they prioritize their purchases. Consequently, the first things to get dropped are frivolous purchases. If things keep getting worse, then even the purchases that are needed but not essential get cut. That is where we are as a society. People, live paycheck to paycheck, like so many in my town, are down to the essential purchases. Those who have savings accounts are cheapening the "extras" they buy by going to Wal Mart or other big outlets who sell less quality for slightly less price than quality. Those big outlets have the money to get things made specifically for them to sell at cheaper prices and American consumers mostly look at price and not quality. My business has seen declines of -8.35% from 2008-2009,-1.74% from 2009-2010,+1.20% from 2010-2011, and -4.78% from 2011-2012. The total loss in business since our high in 2008 is -13.22%. We are still a very healthy company but 13.22% is a significant loss in revenue. I talk to others who have businesses and they are either much worse off than me or in the same boat. I don't talk to anyone who is having a great year and I talk to alot of people. No offense, but I can tell from your posts that you don't really know how businesses, especially very small businesses work, you have probably listened to the news about this huge company or that huge company's strategy in a down economy or the very few success stories out there because there are companies that do well in this type of economy. Most big companies not only get revenue from sales of product but also get large chunks of capital from being publically traded. Companies like mine can't go public because we are too small. We have also changed our approach to business in these tough times to ensure that we can stay healthy.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

better answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Barney we know the position you are going to take today.
It would be a safe bet to say, it will be the same position tomorrow as well.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
The same position I take everyday. The same position as the post you referenced. When people don't have money because Obama doesn't know how to do anything other than destroy the country he presides over, they can't make all the purchases they would when they had money. When they don't make purchases they normally would, the businesses who rely on those individuals, who no longer have money to buy that business' products, lose sales. When a business loses sales, their numbers decline. When their numbers decline, it's up to that business owner to adjust their strategy in order to survive. From that point on, the company's success or failure rests on the owners business strategy and noone else. Moral of the story is don't let an Obama in office. I know you don't get this story because, liberals, ALWAYS have someone or something else to blame for what happens in their lives so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. Just look at the Democratic party and the blame games they play. Kinda like parents who are alcoholics raises the probablity their children will be alcoholics. Non-political liberals are put at a disadvantage because of the information they are fed. I would just hate to know that I had to blame someone else for the mistakes I made. That would make it impossible for me to better myself because I would never learn or grow but only learn to be a better blamer. I feel sorry for you Barney. You even change your monikers to get blame off of you or so you can test the waters on something you know is wrong that you don't want attached to Barney II.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
When people don't have money they prioritize their purchases. Consequently, the first things to get dropped are frivolous purchases. If things keep getting worse, then even the purchases that are needed but not essential get cut. That is where we are as a society. People, live paycheck to paycheck, like so many in my town, are down to the essential purchases. Those who have savings accounts are cheapening the "extras" they buy by going to Wal Mart or other big outlets who sell less quality for slightly less price than quality. Those big outlets have the money to get things made specifically for them to sell at cheaper prices and American consumers mostly look at price and not quality. My business has seen declines of -8.35% from 2008-2009,-1.74% from 2009-2010,+1.20% from 2010-2011, and -4.78% from 2011-2012. The total loss in business since our high in 2008 is -13.22%. We are still a very healthy company but 13.22% is a significant loss in revenue. I talk to others who have businesses and they are either much worse off than me or in the same boat. I don't talk to anyone who is having a great year and I talk to alot of people. No offense, but I can tell from your posts that you don't really know how businesses, especially very small businesses work, you have probably listened to the news about this huge company or that huge company's strategy in a down economy or the very few success stories out there because there are companies that do well in this type of economy. Most big companies not only get revenue from sales of product but also get large chunks of capital from being publically traded. Companies like mine can't go public because we are too small. We have also changed our approach to business in these tough times to ensure that we can stay healthy.
Here we go again, you tell this person,

"you don't really know how businesses, especially very small businesses work"

Then you say you changed your business practice.

I suggest you read that posts again, here is part of it,

"Seems like the company you work for, whatever that may be, needs to figure out a better strategy to approach the ever changing market instead of complaining about not making sales"

You admit to doing just what the poster suggested, then have the audacity to tell them you don't know what you are talking about.

Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again, you tell this person,
"you don't really know how businesses, especially very small businesses work"
Then you say you changed your business practice.
I suggest you read that posts again, here is part of it,
"Seems like the company you work for, whatever that may be, needs to figure out a better strategy to approach the ever changing market instead of complaining about not making sales"
You admit to doing just what the poster suggested, then have the audacity to tell them you don't know what you are talking about.
Yes, when what they are talking about is very common, very general statements that anyone can find about big businesses that make the news. Look, I wasn't putting that person down by making that statement. I could tell by his/her statement that he/she has never owned a business but that doesn't make them less of a person than me or anyone else. You are using another liberal tactic of coming to the rescue of someone, who probably doesn't need your imput, for no better reason than to discredit someone YOU have a disagreement with. Now, had you simply joined the conversation with your opinion of the subject at hand, it would not have made you look near as bad and I would have welcomed it. You really need to work on that.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
The same position I take everyday. The same position as the post you referenced. When people don't have money because
they can't make all the purchases they would when they had money. When they don't make purchases they normally would, the businesses who rely on those individuals, who no longer have money to buy that business' products, lose sales. When a business loses sales, their numbers decline. When their numbers decline, it's up to that business owner to adjust their strategy in order to survive. From that point on, the company's success or failure rests on the owners business strategy and noone else. Moral of the story is don't let an Obama in office. I know you don't get this story because, liberals, ALWAYS have someone or something else to blame for what happens in their lives so they don't have to take responsibility for their actions. Just look at the Democratic party and the blame games they play. Kinda like parents who are alcoholics raises the probablity their children will be alcoholics. Non-political liberals are put at a disadvantage because of the information they are fed. I would just hate to know that I had to blame someone else for the mistakes I made. That would make it impossible for me to better myself because I would never learn or grow but only learn to be a better blamer. I feel sorry for you Barney. You even change your monikers to get blame off of you or so you can test the waters on something you know is wrong that you don't want attached to Barney II.
I unveiled my location for all you people who think Barney makes every pro Democrat statement on here. If you will notice those other people IP's are no where close to Saint Louis.

OMG' this is just to funny;

"liberals, ALWAYS have someone or something else to blame for what happens in their lives"

But yet;

your business is down because of President Obama.

Over 200,000 jobs were added in June, do I need to refresh your memory of who added the majority of those new hires.

SMALL BUSINESS

The first Quarter of this year 1,564,000 jobs were created. Not nearly enough, but when you consider the Republican leadership in the House and the Senate has made it very clear they want President Obama to fail, he has done a pretty damn good job of getting this country back to where it was prior to 2008.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when what they are talking about is very common, very general statements that anyone can find about big businesses that make the news. Look, I wasn't putting that person down by making that statement. I could tell by his/her statement that he/she has never owned a business but that doesn't make them less of a person than me or anyone else. You are using another liberal tactic of coming to the rescue of someone, who probably doesn't need your imput, for no better reason than to discredit someone YOU have a disagreement with. Now, had you simply joined the conversation with your opinion of the subject at hand, it would not have made you look near as bad and I would have welcomed it. You really need to work on that.
You in all likely hood have no idea what so ever of the identity of this person much less if they have owned a business or not.

"what they are talking about is very common"

indeed it was common sense, just as common as you saying

"can't make all the purchases they would when they had money"

I do believe I have seen you coming to the aid of the like minded of yourself as well.

I am sure that person did not need my help, he was schooling you pretty well, in my opinion.

If you welcome my post to you, why have you not replied to post #25877?
John

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
What I know about when Obama took office is that companies like mine which are very small were still doing well. We had the best year we have ever had in 2008 by a significant margin. Each year has seen declines since then with the exception of a very slight bump in 2011.
This is nothing new, refer to my earlier post.

(In a corporatist system, the wealth and power of individuals and small businesses is dwarfed by the overwhelming dominance of the corporations. Eventually, the corporations end up owning almost everything and they end up dominating nearly every aspect of society. This benifits a few at the expence of many. Whats good for them is a disaster for us, and the farther we go the worse it gets.)
Voting

Marion, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

We all should do it
No doubt

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Voting wrote:
We all should do it
You are A good American.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey BFF, have you miss me?
I see you are still peddling your 100% unadulterated BS, like this
$1.4 trillion yearly deficit crap.
Where do you get this crap from, thin air? You sound like you must be posting from the summit of Pikes Peak. To bad I did not you were their or I would have bought you a cup of coffee.
Look here, this is just one source, but rest assured there are many more that will tell you the same thing.
WASHINGTON A continued decline in the federal budget deficit this year is resulting in a better than expected fiscal forecast for 2013 from the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office.
The CBO projects a $642 billion budget deficit for fiscal year 2013, down more than $200 billion from its February estimate and the smallest annual shortfall since 2008. It is the lowest level of deficit spending to date under President Obama, who faced $1 trillion or more in annual deficits during his first term.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2...
I will presume that was an honest mistake because I just can't bring myself to believe a good Christian person like you would deliberately mislead a person.
Would you?
Looks like that leaves you two honest options Christian.
1. Retract the statement.
2. Or be a documented liar.
To be fair, I didn't know about this post until you asked me to comment on it but I will be more than happy to do so which is more than I can say for you when I have asked you repeatedly to tell me at what point America will prosper spending FAR more than we take in every year. It appears as though you are correct. The 2012 deficit for the United States was $1.089 trillion. I did take the $1.4 trillion deficit in 2009 and the three consecutive $1.3 trillion deficits and carelessly quoted to $1.4 trillion without looking at the $1.089 trillion in deficit spending we had in 2012. Mistake on my part and No I would not deliberately mislead anyone. As for the CBO, from what I can tell, they have RARELY gotten anything correct and I'm not sure why we need them. Back in 2010 they had two projections of our economy, one was running about 55% of GDP and going up to about 70% of GDP while the alternative had us going from 55% to about 190% by the year 2030. That's like me saying my company makes somewhere between $0 and $1 trillion per year. None of this takes away from the fact that we are not anywhere near being fiscally sound as a nation and the problem is far worse than anyone is admitting. All one needs to do is do the math and see just how much we would have to cut from the budget to pay for our debt. Heck if we put 100% of our tax dollars towards the debt and didn't spend one dime on anything else, it would still take almost 8 years to pay off the current debt.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, I didn't know about this post until you asked me to comment on it but I will be more than happy to do so which is more than I can say for you when I have asked you repeatedly to tell me at what point America will prosper spending FAR more than we take in every year. It appears as though you are correct. The 2012 deficit for the United States was $1.089 trillion. I did take the $1.4 trillion deficit in 2009 and the three consecutive $1.3 trillion deficits and carelessly quoted to $1.4 trillion without looking at the $1.089 trillion in deficit spending we had in 2012. Mistake on my part and No I would not deliberately mislead anyone. As for the CBO, from what I can tell, they have RARELY gotten anything correct and I'm not sure why we need them. Back in 2010 they had two projections of our economy, one was running about 55% of GDP and going up to about 70% of GDP while the alternative had us going from 55% to about 190% by the year 2030. That's like me saying my company makes somewhere between $0 and $1 trillion per year. None of this takes away from the fact that we are not anywhere near being fiscally sound as a nation and the problem is far worse than anyone is admitting. All one needs to do is do the math and see just how much we would have to cut from the budget to pay for our debt. Heck if we put 100% of our tax dollars towards the debt and didn't spend one dime on anything else, it would still take almost 8 years to pay off the current debt.
Why did you not research those numbers before having to stand corrected?
It would increase your credibility to know what you are talking about before you present it as fact. That was your intention, was it not, presenting that as fact. Sad part you do it repeatedly, you know what they say about telling a lie so many times.

Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you not research those numbers before having to stand corrected?
It would increase your credibility to know what you are talking about before you present it as fact. That was your intention, was it not, presenting that as fact. Sad part you do it repeatedly, you know what they say about telling a lie so many times.
I did research those numbers and I carelessly quit looking after 2011 as you pointed out. Had I seen the 2012 deficit numbers in my research, I would have gladly referenced them regardless of if they went against the point I was making. Believe me, having an average of over $1.3 trillion in deficit spending for three straight years is bad enough to overshadow a fourth year of over $1 trillion. As for knowing what one is talking about, I certainly give you the credit for knowing what you are talking about when it comes to political issues. I simply strongly disagree with whether it is right for our country and I question the ethics of the methods liberals use to get what they want in this country. If I tell a lie, it certainly is never intentional. We are all human and we all make mistakes as certainly this was one for me.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I unveiled my location for all you people who think Barney makes every pro Democrat statement on here. If you will notice those other people IP's are no where close to Saint Louis.
OMG' this is just to funny;
"liberals, ALWAYS have someone or something else to blame for what happens in their lives"
But yet;
your business is down because of President Obama.
Over 200,000 jobs were added in June, do I need to refresh your memory of who added the majority of those new hires.
SMALL BUSINESS
The first Quarter of this year 1,564,000 jobs were created. Not nearly enough, but when you consider the Republican leadership in the House and the Senate has made it very clear they want President Obama to fail, he has done a pretty damn good job of getting this country back to where it was prior to 2008.
Here are some tidbits from the BLS June jobs report that you so love to look at and reference.

In June, the number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was essentially
unchanged at 4.3 million. These individuals accounted for 36.7 percent of the unemployed. Unchanged means it's not getting better.

The civilian labor force participation rate, at 63.5 percent, and the employment-population ratio, at
58.7 percent, changed little in June. Over the year, the labor force participation rate is down by 0.3
percentage point. A lower percentage here means the overall picture is getting worse.

The number of persons employed part time for economic reasons (sometimes referred to as
involuntary part-time workers) increased by 322,000 to 8.2 million in June. These individuals were
working part time because their hours had been cut back or because they were unable to find a full-time
job. Here is the meat and potatoes of your 195K jobs added whether you want to admit it or not.

In June, 2.6 million persons were marginally attached to the labor force, essentially unchanged from a
year earlier. Again, shows things not getting better.

Among the marginally attached, there were 1.0 million discouraged workers in June, an increase of 206,000 from a year earlier. More signs that things are getting worse not better.

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 195,000 in June,(What's a little white lie by increasing the number to 200K) Better watch it before you go on calling someone else an intentional liar.

Federal government employment continued to trend down in June (-5,000) and has declined by 65,000
over the past 12 months. This is certainly a positive in my book but it goes against proponents of big government.

All things being said, the participation rate dropping thtoughout the year by 0.3% clearly shows that the Obama administration is simply distorting the employment picture by focusing on what sector added what jobs and not on the fact that there is simply people moving from the unemployment line to employment in an open job that pays while more people are being added to the numbers of those not participating. The 7.6% unemployment that Obama and you are so proud of is more a result of those leaving the workforce than anything else. You see Barn, you have to look at the WHOLE picture. Cherry picking only causes you to have some feel-good information as you bury your head in the sand.
John

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Not sure what November 1999 has to do with anything besides the fact that it rhymed.

In November 1999 we had the best economy in the world, in November 2008 we had one of the worst.

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I did research those numbers and I carelessly quit looking after 2011 as you pointed out. Had I seen the 2012 deficit numbers in my research, I would have gladly referenced them regardless of if they went against the point I was making. Believe me, having an average of over $1.3 trillion in deficit spending for three straight years is bad enough to overshadow a fourth year of over $1 trillion. As for knowing what one is talking about, I certainly give you the credit for knowing what you are talking about when it comes to political issues. I simply strongly disagree with whether it is right for our country and I question the ethics of the methods liberals use to get what they want in this country. If I tell a lie, it certainly is never intentional. We are all human and we all make mistakes as certainly this was one for me.
You are more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

If you take 9 and 3 would you agree that adds to 12 ?

I think a business owner like you would agree, lets say you do.

Now tell me what is wrong with this statement, after just telling me you stop at 2011.

" I did take the $1.4 trillion deficit in 2009 and the three consecutive $1.3 trillion deficits and carelessly quoted to $1.4 trillion without looking at the $1.089 trillion in deficit spending we had in 2012"

As I said, and you just proved, sad part you do it repeatedly.

You obviously did your research after the fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
buses 1 hr curious 1
school 1 hr curious 1
Public Elected Officials Information 3 hr scott 59
wreck 4 hr how stupid 20
jeff harris 4 hr concerned 3
Pocahontas rock quarry 6 hr Rodadadadoe 1
looking for old friends 12 hr wondering 1

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
•••
•••