Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#25613 Jun 27, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the author that you speak of has ACTUAL historic documents that are ACTUALLY on display for all to see prove otherwise in which case your OPINION is just that, an opinion. This goes back to the believe what you see and not what you hear argument I have made to you on several occasions.
Tell me how much money did it cost you to see those " ACTUAL historic documents"

Did you see any formal documents supporting the authenticity of the "ACTUAL historic documents"

You see, I believe in illusions, can't always believe what you see.

Washington DC

#25614 Jun 27, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I know me and I can't think of anyone that a person like me would have killed or caused their death. Since you are pointing fingers, please tell me how people like me have caused more death and destruction throughout human history. Me presenting Christianity is no different than you presenting a liberal point of view to a conservative. You can take it or leave it. As for integrity, it isn' the same as being a believer in Christ, though they do go hand-in-hand.
Moral uprightness by the self righteous.
question

Conway, AR

#25615 Jun 27, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
What is self righteous about professing to be a believer in Christ?
why would Christianity cause you to be so full of hate and contempt to the point of all these vicious and ridiculous ramblings that you continue to post?
I have yet to see the difference, in all these years of your continued hate filled and judgemental posts, in you and those you condemn.

Barney, it's a big world outside the online bubble that you live in.
There are millions of real people out there that don't think like you do.
And guess what...that's ok! We all enjoy the same rights and privileges of expressing our opinions, beliefs, and convictions just like you, Barney.
Why should you think that by crossing your arms, stomping your feet, and demanding that everyone see life as you do, and get into such a tizzy when you don't get your way?

Funny, isn't it, that these characteristics that you rant about and condemn in others, are the very things you, yourself, do multiple times a day!
Ironic, isn't it?

Washington DC

#25616 Jun 27, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
What is self righteous about professing to be a believer in Christ?
why would Christianity cause you to be so full of hate and contempt to the point of all these vicious and ridiculous ramblings that you continue to post?
I have yet to see the difference, in all these years of your continued hate filled and judgemental posts, in you and those you condemn.
Barney, it's a big world outside the online bubble that you live in.
There are millions of real people out there that don't think like you do.
And guess what...that's ok! We all enjoy the same rights and privileges of expressing our opinions, beliefs, and convictions just like you, Barney.
Why should you think that by crossing your arms, stomping your feet, and demanding that everyone see life as you do, and get into such a tizzy when you don't get your way?
Funny, isn't it, that these characteristics that you rant about and condemn in others, are the very things you, yourself, do multiple times a day!
Ironic, isn't it?
Guess what- there are millions that do think the same.

Are you still in denial of the Presidents landslide reelection?

Just about as ironic as you demanding that I see life as you do.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25617 Jun 27, 2013
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Which came from earlier, much older civilizations.
Be blind if you wish but that doesn't change the truth.
I know the Bible was written thousands of years ago. I am with you on that. Not sure where your going here.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25618 Jun 27, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
It's better than being angry at a truth you know to be true but wish it wasn't.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25619 Jun 27, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
INDEED.
You two may want to consider changing what God you believe in.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#25620 Jun 28, 2013
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not presenting anything, the evidence is there to see for yourself..unless you're blinded by denial and intolerance of actual events rewritten by conservatives to confuse the ignorant.
What exactly makes you think they were rewritten by conservatives? Maybe they were rewritten by liberals. Who really knows?
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#25621 Jun 28, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me how much money did it cost you to see those " ACTUAL historic documents"
Did you see any formal documents supporting the authenticity of the "ACTUAL historic documents"
I never said I have actually seen them but they are located in Aledo, TX if you wish to take the trip. The rule of thumb is believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. You believe everything you hear and none of what you see as admitted above and shown in every post where you pull a document out of the air from some liberal site and spout it off as the truth. This explains alot.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#25622 Jun 28, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
WallBuilders. Right-Wing bull shit artists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Barton_ (author)

Reality Check is one of those Space Cadets.

Washington DC

#25623 Jun 28, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I have actually seen them but they are located in Aledo, TX if you wish to take the trip. The rule of thumb is believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. You believe everything you hear and none of what you see as admitted above and shown in every post where you pull a document out of the air from some liberal site and spout it off as the truth. This explains alot.
Better read that again, I said, "can't always".

You provided and excellent example of that in David Barton.

In an article titled "Unconfirmed Quotations", Barton conceded that he has not located primary sources for eleven alleged quotes from James Madison, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and U.S. Supreme Court decisions (hence, the title of the article), but maintained that the quotes were "completely consistent" with the views of the Founders.

In August 2012, Christian publisher Thomas Nelson withdrew the book from publication and stopped production, announcing that they had "lost confidence in the book's details" and "learned that there were some historical details included in the book that were not adequately supported,

Washington DC

#25624 Jun 28, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I have actually seen them but they are located in Aledo, TX if you wish to take the trip. The rule of thumb is believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see. You believe everything you hear and none of what you see as admitted above and shown in every post where you pull a document out of the air from some liberal site and spout it off as the truth. This explains a lot.
LMAO, you should think a little harder before you post and shoot down your argument.

"never said I have actually seen them"

"believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"

You have not seen them, so obviously you have heard they were there.

Leads me to the question, why do you believe what you heard, after telling me I should not.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25625 Jun 28, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, you should think a little harder before you post and shoot down your argument.
"never said I have actually seen them"
"believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"
You have not seen them, so obviously you have heard they were there.
Leads me to the question, why do you believe what you heard, after telling me I should not.
It's simple. I am a Christian, I know the Bible and what it teaches, and I have read the documents online and have listened to David Barton's historical perspective. It would be a stretch for anyone who knows what the Bible says outside of a secular interpretation that only wants to discredit the Bible.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#25626 Jun 28, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple. I am a Christian, I know the Bible and what it teaches, and I have read the documents online and have listened to David Barton's historical perspective.
So it's OK to misrepresent the truth in order to achieve your ends?
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>It would be a stretch for anyone who knows what the Bible says outside of a secular interpretation that only wants to discredit the Bible.
Don't think of yourself as God's personal representative sent here to confuse the truth with his blessing.

Maybe a introspective look into your own life as a professed Christian is in order.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#25627 Jun 28, 2013
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Don't think of yourself as God's personal representative sent here to confuse the truth with his blessing.
Maybe a introspective look into your own life as a professed Christian is in order.
I've thought about my earlier response to your post and I want to apologize for my callousness, your relationship with God is your business.

Jonesboro, AR

#25628 Jun 28, 2013
Yea I voted to impeach tbe criminal Obama, and George Zimmermans acquittal. Yep.
no

United States

#25629 Jun 28, 2013
I voted
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25630 Jun 28, 2013
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm the farthest thing I can think of where God's personal representative is concerned other than following the Great Commission to the best of my ability. I know the Bible has never been proved wrong so I have no reason to believe otherwise. Every day is an introspective look into my life as a Christian.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25631 Jun 28, 2013
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
I've thought about my earlier response to your post and I want to apologize for my callousness, your relationship with God is your business.
Thank you, and if you wish for me not to speak to you about your salvation or the Bible for that matter, as a Christian, I have to honor your request and will as best I can.

Washington DC

#25632 Jun 28, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It's simple. I am a Christian, I know the Bible and what it teaches, and I have read the documents online and have listened to David Barton's historical perspective. It would be a stretch for anyone who knows what the Bible says outside of a secular interpretation that only wants to discredit the Bible.
Tell me, did it cost you to see those documents online

that you said,

"never said I have actually seen them",

if you did actually see them, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs running loose 7 hr Poky Gal 2
Minimum Wage . Raise or not ? 8 hr hard drive 18
Pocahontas City Attorney & $73,060 he stole 9 hr Jerry T Boner 8
second chance 12 hr Concerned parent 19
eric bibb 14 hr You all are idiots 4
is Samantha Willingham a good mom 15 hr girlygirl 9
Why parts of the US are becoming like Sodom 18 hr Guest 4
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas Jobs