Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Forgot to add, I agree a hundred percent with the success story behind renewable forest management, I also agree with those advocating protecting our rare and endangered old growth areas from the axe.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make in the unimaginable vastness of the universe what a carbon based life-form, on a insignificant chunk of space debris, orbiting a third rate star, surrounded by one of several billion galaxies, believes or doesn't?
Just feel fortunate to have lived and loved to our best ability and to have caused the least amount of pain and suffering possible.
God has no limits, is utterly boundless, completely incomprehensible.
Still, I hope for those true believers who do.
Fortunate, indeed I do.

"completely incomprehensible", no argument there.

Which was my meaning from a personal view point. Difficult to understand.

When Napoleon asked Laplace, how God fitted into this system, he replied, "Sire, I have not needed that hypothesis".

I do see a need.
Former Iowa resident

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Another ElDo Guy wrote:
Hmmm, Sure there are alternatives to fossil fuels. Just none of them are competitive. When something viable comes along the fossil fuels vehicles will disappear. Look at horse power. Vanished off the streets within 20 years of the mass produced vehicle.
Horse transportation was based on renewable resources.Why aren't environmentalist proposing to bring that back?
Tree products are the most successful renewable resource business in the world. Yet my whole life I've heard about saving the trees. Why don't the renewable resource environmentalist proponents promoting more tree use?
Ethanol only extracts a small amount of the available energy out of corn. It would be far more efficient to promote using corn furnaces in peoples homes instead of natural gas. Then the natural gas could be used directly to power our cars. Much friendly on the environment that the current E10 ethanol blends in our gasoline.
How about the hydrogen economy. I hear a lot of environmentalist say that is where we should be headed. The problem is hydrogen is made from fossil fuels. The only way to get green house gas friendly hydrogen would be to make it by electrolysis from nuclear power electricity or solar powered electricity.
The contempt for environmentalist comes from their own inconsistencies, bad science, and hypocracy. i.e. Al Gore flying around the country in his jet telling the rest of us we should cut down on the amount of fossil fuels we use.
If we were a free market economy a solution might come to market. But we aren't. The ethanol business only exists because of goverment mandates. The nuclear business died due to government regulation.
Unions: I agree. Unions gave the people power over greedy abusive negligent company owners. Desparately needed. Unions are fading now because governmental laws finally caught up. The one area where we needed governmental protection and they failed. They didn't do anything until the people banded together in unions for their own protection
"The ethanol business only exists because of goverment mandates"
So you saying the government mandates that, ethanol, or ethyl alcohol, put into hairspray, mouthwash, aftershave, cologne, and perfume ,deodorants, lotions, hand sanitizers, soaps, and shampoos?
The characteristics of ethyl alcohol make it a prime carrier for a whole spectrum of medicines including cough treatments, decongestants, iodine solution, and many others. As a solvent for the pharmaceutical industry, ethanol is useful for processing antibiotics, vaccines, tablets, pills, and vitamins.
Ethanol is used as a solvent in the manufacture of many other substances including paints, lacquer, and explosives. Industrial ethanol is used as a raw material for the production of vinegar and yeast, and similarly in chemical processing as a chemical intermediate.
Even food products like extracts, flavorings, and glazes contain large amounts of alcohol. The ethanol is also used in some liquid animal feed products as an energy source.
Many cleaning products contain high volumes of industrial alcohol. A bottle of household disinfectant spray can contain nearly 80 percent ethanol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
An organization's members are a direct reflection of it's leadership. The vast majority of NRA members are some of the most responsible law abiding citizens in America so one can probably come to the conclusion that the NRA leadership acts in the same manner. Because the NRA is so large there is a lot of money associated with it. With money comes influence and power, that's just the way it is. By comparison the Government Service Agency (GSA) members are anything but responsible citizens. Their stated values are as follows:
Integrity
Accountability and transparency in operations
Effective leadership
Responsible decision-making
If you will remember the lavish parties that were thrown, and the stupid videos that were put on youtube? All done with our tax dollars. Why? Because it's a direct reflection of their leadership. If the NRA is as you and most liberals believe they are then their members would also act in the same way. Much like the GSA. I'm not an NRA member but I look at the evidence to draw my conclusion until contrary evidence is provided. You would do well to do the same.
As for the Bible verse you referenced, it is saying that replacing God as the number one priority of your life with money will bring sorrow instead of happiness. Sorrow is the byproduct of greed. The more greed in ones life, the more sorrow.
You are obviously proof that one can come to that conclusion. I will also be so bold as to say, in my opinion, you have to be blind in one eye and can not see good out of the other, to reach that conclusion.

Odd that you say something like that when the Orgnazation is loosing some of its elite members.

Another prominent member of the NRA, Adolphus Busch IV, heir to the Busch family brewing fortune, decided to resign his membership on Thursday.

"The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established," he wrote in a letter to NRA President David Keene. "Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members."

To compare a handful of government employees who made some bad
and very ignorant choices,(were held accountable for their actions) by leadership, to a public org. with four million members, you have to be blind in both eyes.

The Bible verse- if that is what he meant, why did he not just say what he meant.

If what he said is to be interpreted, as you just did, how are you so sure your interpretation is a correct one?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

oops' Organization .
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Former Iowa resident wrote:
<quoted text>
So you saying the government mandates that, ethanol, or ethyl alcohol, put into hairspray, mouthwash, aftershave, cologne, and perfume ,deodorants, lotions, hand sanitizers, soaps, and shampoos?
The characteristics of ethyl alcohol make it a prime carrier for a whole spectrum of medicines including cough treatments, decongestants, iodine solution, and many others. As a solvent for the pharmaceutical industry, ethanol is useful for processing antibiotics, vaccines, tablets, pills, and vitamins.
Ethanol is used as a solvent in the manufacture of many other substances including paints, lacquer, and explosives. Industrial ethanol is used as a raw material for the production of vinegar and yeast, and similarly in chemical processing as a chemical intermediate.
Even food products like extracts, flavorings, and glazes contain large amounts of alcohol. The ethanol is also used in some liquid animal feed products as an energy source.
Many cleaning products contain high volumes of industrial alcohol. A bottle of household disinfectant spray can contain nearly 80 percent ethanol.
I think he was referring to fuel.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorrow is the byproduct of greed. The more greed in ones life, the more sorrow.
Then I must be one of least greedy people around.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

OH yes, I forgot, that (GSA) members thing, would you apply that same theory to the leadership in the Republican majority house.

A Republican congressman representing Kansas has apologized for embarrassing his supporters by skinny dipping at the holy site of the Sea of Galilee while on a fact-finding mission to Israel.

Freshman U.S. Rep. Kevin Yoder, 36, has not been charged in the Aug. 18, 2011, incident in which he and about 20 other lawmakers and staff members jumped into the water. Politico reported Sunday that he was the only one among them who wore no clothes.

(Related: FBI Investigates GOP Members After Nude Swim Incident in Israel)

“It’s an embarrassing situation, and I regret it,” Yoder said during an interview on public radio station KCUR-FM in Kansas City, Mo.“I know that many constituents out there are sort of scratching their heads, saying,`What is this guy up to? What was he doing? What was he thinking?’”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/08/20/ma...

You know of the BLAZE, THE ONE RUN BY GLEN BECK?

Or maybe even State level republicans,

The Benton County (Arkansas) Republican newsletter contained a call for Republican legislators who voted to expand Obamacare in the state to be shot.

Chris Nogy, the husband of the county Republican Party secretary, was so upset at Republican state legislators that he called for them to be shot in the county party newsletter
Former Iowa resident

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he was referring to fuel.
I agree that is a logical possibility an one that I considered, however we only know for sure what was written.

Judging from the lack of plausible opinion, also as you pointed out fact, leads me to question his understanding of the product ethanol.

Another ElDo Guy

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Former Iowa Resident: Of course I was talking about the fuels mandates. All of the applications you mentioned have been used for decades. All proof that ethanol can stand on it's own without government mandates and subsides where it makes sense.
You left out the most successful of these uses which is beverages. The beverage use of ethanol goes back thousands of years. It's been successful with out government subsides. In fact quite the opposite; its been successful inspite of heavy taxation. ;-)
Can you name any successful uses of ethanol as a fuel in the US that aren't government mandated and subsidized?
Another ElDo Guy

El Dorado, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Hmmm: The hydrogen in seawater is tied up in the water molecules. It takes electrolysis or a reforming reaction to get it available for use. Reforming using natural gas and steam as feed stocks. So not totally "green". Electrolysis takes lots of electricity. If we make hydrogen from seawater with power from coal fired or natural gas then it's not really renewable or green either. Green hydrogen from sea water will have to be made by using electricity from solar.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously proof that one can come to that conclusion. I will also be so bold as to say, in my opinion, you have to be blind in one eye and can not see good out of the other, to reach that conclusion.
Odd that you say something like that when the Orgnazation is loosing some of its elite members.
Another prominent member of the NRA, Adolphus Busch IV, heir to the Busch family brewing fortune, decided to resign his membership on Thursday.
"The NRA I see today has undermined the values upon which it was established," he wrote in a letter to NRA President David Keene. "Your current strategic focus clearly places priority on the needs of gun and ammunition manufacturers while disregarding the opinions of your 4 million individual members."
To compare a handful of government employees who made some bad
and very ignorant choices,(were held accountable for their actions) by leadership, to a public org. with four million members, you have to be blind in both eyes.
The Bible verse- if that is what he meant, why did he not just say what he meant.
If what he said is to be interpreted, as you just did, how are you so sure your interpretation is a correct one?
You don't think Mr. Busch's resignation has anything to do with beer sales and perception from those people who consume their product yet are on the President's side of the gun issue? The black market has existed for years and you don't find it odd that now that it is front and center in the public eye Mr. Busch decides to make a public resignation? Maybe even had some "friendly advise" from somewhere high up on the liberal ladder. Furthermore, why and more importantly how do you think that letter became public if it were not attached to a motive?
The GSA stories are plentiful and there were many people involved. Plus this has been going on for a few years and was not an isolated incident. You still haven't provided ANY evidence that shows the NRA to have any interest in keeping the black market thriving or even alive. The reason you don't interpret 1 Timothy 6:10 properly is because you are not a Christian. The Bible is clear about those who are not saved not being able to understand the meaning of many of the verses. Judgment Day IS going to happen and I pray you are on the right side of it when it happens because you apparently are not on the right side of it now. I am going to add you to my prayer list that I may pray that God opens your eyes so you may be saved. I really hope you give God a chance to work in your life. I've been on both sides of God and I can tell you that with Him is a lot better than against Him.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Another ElDo Guy wrote:
Hmmm: The hydrogen in seawater is tied up in the water molecules. It takes electrolysis or a reforming reaction to get it available for use. Reforming using natural gas and steam as feed stocks. So not totally "green". Electrolysis takes lots of electricity. If we make hydrogen from seawater with power from coal fired or natural gas then it's not really renewable or green either. Green hydrogen from sea water will have to be made by using electricity from solar.
Thanks for the explanation, still it would seem currently using that process would more than offset the carbon print vs. burning gasoline to power our transportation needs.
Former Iowa resident

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Another ElDo Guy wrote:
Former Iowa Resident: Of course I was talking about the fuels mandates. All of the applications you mentioned have been used for decades. All proof that ethanol can stand on it's own without government mandates and subsides where it makes sense.
You left out the most successful of these uses which is beverages. The beverage use of ethanol goes back thousands of years. It's been successful with out government subsides. In fact quite the opposite; its been successful inspite of heavy taxation. ;-)
Can you name any successful uses of ethanol as a fuel in the US that aren't government mandated and subsidized?

"All of the applications you mentioned have been used for decades. All proof that ethanol can stand on it's own without government mandates and subsides"

Excuse me, bit of a contradiction don't you think?

BTW-the ethanol subsidies expired at the 2011 and was not renewed by Congress.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think Mr. Busch's resignation has anything to do with beer sales and perception from those people who consume their product yet are on the President's side of the gun issue? The black market has existed for years and you don't find it odd that now that it is front and center in the public eye Mr. Busch decides to make a public resignation? Maybe even had some "friendly advise" from somewhere high up on the liberal ladder. Furthermore, why and more importantly how do you think that letter became public if it were not attached to a motive?
The GSA stories are plentiful and there were many people involved. Plus this has been going on for a few years and was not an isolated incident. You still haven't provided ANY evidence that shows the NRA to have any interest in keeping the black market thriving or even alive. The reason you don't interpret 1 Timothy 6:10 properly is because you are not a Christian. The Bible is clear about those who are not saved not being able to understand the meaning of many of the verses. Judgment Day IS going to happen and I pray you are on the right side of it when it happens because you apparently are not on the right side of it now. I am going to add you to my prayer list that I may pray that God opens your eyes so you may be saved. I really hope you give God a chance to work in your life. I've been on both sides of God and I can tell you that with Him is a lot better than against Him.
I have no idea what motivated Mr. Bush, other than what he said.
Anheuser-Busch sold to Belgian brewer InBev for 52 billion dollars, and that makes your argument weak in my opinion.
NRA AND BLACK MARKET, no one said a damn thing about the two being connected. However the gun industry profits from the black market. The NRA is owned by the Gun mfg. industry.(speaking figuratively)
If gun manufactures came out for extended back ground checks, do you think the NRA would switch positions as well?
Do you think gun Manufactures would be in favor of background checks if a law passed in 2005, strongly pushed By the NRA, did not exist.
THIS ONE:
The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act bans lawsuits against gun dealers and manufacturers "for the harm caused by those who criminally or unlawfully misuse firearm product.
Do you not feel a bit hypocritical calling yourself a Christian then telling me,
"you apparently are not on the right side of it now"
I appreciate the offer of prayer, however I do find you pray for me, a paradox.
Something in Luke 3.7 and JOHN 8.7 or Romans 2.1, Romans 14.10, Romans 14.13, my favorite Corinthians 4.5, how about James 4.11,
makes me say that.
Since you have judge me to be a non Christian, perhaps I do not understand these verses as well.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
OH yes, I forgot, that (GSA) members thing, would you apply that same theory to the leadership in the Republican majority house.
A Republican congressman representing Kansas has apologized for embarrassing his supporters by skinny dipping at the holy site of the Sea of Galilee while on a fact-finding mission to Israel.
Freshman U.S. Rep. Kevin Yoder, 36, has not been charged in the Aug. 18, 2011, incident in which he and about 20 other lawmakers and staff members jumped into the water. Politico reported Sunday that he was the only one among them who wore no clothes.
(Related: FBI Investigates GOP Members After Nude Swim Incident in Israel)
“It’s an embarrassing situation, and I regret it,” Yoder said during an interview on public radio station KCUR-FM in Kansas City, Mo.“I know that many constituents out there are sort of scratching their heads, saying,`What is this guy up to? What was he doing? What was he thinking?’”
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/08/20/ma...
You know of the BLAZE, THE ONE RUN BY GLEN BECK?
Or maybe even State level republicans,
The Benton County (Arkansas) Republican newsletter contained a call for Republican legislators who voted to expand Obamacare in the state to be shot.
Chris Nogy, the husband of the county Republican Party secretary, was so upset at Republican state legislators that he called for them to be shot in the county party newsletter
I agree that those acts make those representatives an embarrassment to the office BUT unlike the lavish wild parties in upscale hotels, the act of skinny dipping cost tax payers nothing. They didn't rent the Sea of Galilee then go skinny dipping. I would have had a problem with that. As for the other incident, I am not familiar with it but if it did happen as you say (which will have to be determined) then I would have a problem with it IF that newsletter is paid for with tax dollars and not membership dues or donations. Otherwise, it just falls under the heading of a stupid act by someone that isn't even in office. I would say that neither incident is of the magnitude of the chronic misbehaving the GSA did on our tax dollars. Not even close.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave it to a dumbass like you to try to make political hay out of pain and suffering...even a new low for you.
Look it's Barney's alter ego the Valedicktorian of Salem Jr. high.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the money..........
NRA- annual budget 250 million dollars.
Money Spent to Influence Federal Elections
*•NRA + Pro Gun Groups =$53 million
•Brady + Gun Control Groups =$3 million
That equals this-
One out of four gun owners called their elected official.
One out of ten non gun owners called their elected officials on the issue of, extended back ground checks.
As for the black market..........
Fact: The Criminal market = 25% of the gun industry’s annual sales.*•The NRA fights to protect this market share.
They must defeat any law that would make it harder for criminals to get guns e.g. laws to stop gun trafficking, close the gun show loophole, etc.
THEN SAY
“You need a gun with you at all times to protect you from armed criminals.”
Why do you have guns?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

There are over 3,000 counties in the United States of America. 75% of all gun violence occurs in only 90 of those counties, that's right 75% of all gun violence happens in 90 counties. That is 90 counties out of over 3,000. America is a very safe gun country. Enforce the laws on the books, we don't need anymore.

Guess which party controls those 90 dangerous counties?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what motivated Mr. Bush, other than what he said.
Anheuser-Busch sold to Belgian brewer InBev for 52 billion dollars, and that makes your argument weak in my opinion.
NRA AND BLACK MARKET, no one said a damn thing about the two being connected. However the gun industry profits from the black market. The NRA is owned by the Gun mfg. industry.(speaking figuratively)
If gun manufactures came out for extended back ground checks, do you think the NRA would switch positions as well?
Do you think gun Manufactures would be in favor of background checks if a law passed in 2005, strongly pushed By the NRA, did not exist.
THIS ONE:
The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act bans lawsuits against gun dealers and manufacturers "for the harm caused by those who criminally or unlawfully misuse firearm product.
Do you not feel a bit hypocritical calling yourself a Christian then telling me,
"you apparently are not on the right side of it now"
I appreciate the offer of prayer, however I do find you pray for me, a paradox.
Something in Luke 3.7 and JOHN 8.7 or Romans 2.1, Romans 14.10, Romans 14.13, my favorite Corinthians 4.5, how about James 4.11,
makes me say that.
Since you have judge me to be a non Christian, perhaps I do not understand these verses as well.
Funny how libs want to protect children once they leave the womb but if they get a chance to kill them before that they are fine with it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,821 - 22,840 of28,944
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
drones in Pocahontas 1 hr myfifty 4
local pharmacy technician pay 2 hr richard head 2
Tim bagwell???? 2 hr jake 2
Hospital Tax 4 hr Pitiful 34
riverside 4 hr Benson 4
Mayor 5 hr Jess 5
Tattoos are for trailer trash and human garbage. (Aug '10) 5 hr Skddldkdidodidofifo 124
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••