Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Hmmm

United States

#24206 Mar 29, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
Maybe, if you really care so much, you should open a post-abortion orphanage...or spend some of that mountain of loot you profess to have earned by supporting a few expectant mothers who can't afford raising a child properly. Maybe even start a movement that has a goal of finding a proper home for every unwanted child among all truly concerned conservatives like yourself.

There has to be something you could do to help in a real way, instead of just repeatedly mouthing some talking point on a internet bulletin board.

Your much bigger that that, aren't you? After all you are the Warrior, man of means and champion of the unborn.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#24207 Mar 29, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So are there now two WaRRiOrS, or have has the original got himself a anonymizer so he can show his azz to a wider audience?
You're welcome!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#24208 Mar 29, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, if you really care so much, you should open a post-abortion orphanage...or spend some of that mountain of loot you profess to have earned by supporting a few expectant mothers who can't afford raising a child properly. Maybe even start a movement that has a goal of finding a proper home for every unwanted child among all truly concerned conservatives like yourself.
There has to be something you could do to help in a real way, instead of just repeatedly mouthing some talking point on a internet bulletin board.
Your much bigger that that, aren't you? After all you are the Warrior, man of means and champion of the unborn.
What makes you think I haven't already done those things? Maybe you should keep your legs closed and find a different way to increase your welfare payments!
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#24209 Mar 29, 2013
Got to thinking about the unemployment situation the other day. It seems as though there is an uptick in business here lately so I decided to take a glance at the unemployment numbers. The current rate is 7.7% so that kinda gave credit to more people spending more money here of late. Well this is where it fell apart for me. The 7.7% is the number that is unemployed who are currently looking for work. This number doesn't count those who have simply given up. There are about 12 million unemployed in a workforce of 155 million. There are a staggering 90 million who qualify for work but are not looking for work. This means that 102 million out of a possible 245 million qualified workers are not working. THAT'S A REAL UNEMPLOYMENT RATE OF 41.63%!!! This totally makes the fact that people are spending more money not make any sense. The question is why? The only thing I can conclude is that people know America is in trouble financially and they are putting their money into tangable things like gold, silver, houses, ect so the government can't seize any of it or, if the dollar collapses, at least people will have something in their possession besides a dollars that will be worth nothing. I'm not saying that's what it is but the actions of our citizens don't make any sense when given the current economic situation. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Hmmm

United States

#24210 Mar 29, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
Got to thinking about the unemployment situation the other day. It seems as though there is an uptick in business here lately so I decided to take a glance at the unemployment numbers. The current rate is 7.7% so that kinda gave credit to more people spending more money here of late. Well this is where it fell apart for me. The 7.7% is the number that is unemployed who are currently looking for work. This number doesn't count those who have simply given up. There are about 12 million unemployed in a workforce of 155 million. There are a staggering 90 million who qualify for work but are not looking for work. This means that 102 million out of a possible 245 million qualified workers are not working. THAT'S A REAL UNEMPLOYMENT RATE OF 41.63%!!! This totally makes the fact that people are spending more money not make any sense. The question is why? The only thing I can conclude is that people know America is in trouble financially and they are putting their money into tangable things like gold, silver, houses, ect so the government can't seize any of it or, if the dollar collapses, at least people will have something in their possession besides a dollars that will be worth nothing. I'm not saying that's what it is but the actions of our citizens don't make any sense when given the current economic situation. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
The housing market drives the economy, not Wall St. 80% of stocks are owned by fewer than 10% of the population, most of the wealth held by the lower 90% is in their homes and property.

Relax, help is on the way, the political worm turns quite often.

I'm expecting miracles from the Republicans.
Hmmm

United States

#24211 Mar 29, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
The housing market drives the economy, not Wall St. 80% of stocks are owned by fewer than 10% of the population, most of the wealth held by the lower 90% is in their homes and property.
Something for all you "Doomsayers" to consider.

The US produces domestically 83.2% of the total energy it consumes now and production is still in it's infancy.

And another.

Posted on 03/28/2013 by Juan Cole

It turns out that 25% of Republicans don’t like their own party.

The Republican Party has a structural problem, in that it has only two main constituencies: the very wealthy and the white Religious Right. Both are tiny but powerful minorities. Neither is at all representative of the US population. Both want to impose policies on the whole country that suit them but which are unwelcome to most people.

The poll also shows that 60% of Americans in general don’t like the GOP, which is what pollsters call “high negatives.” It is one thing to be an independent or generally a Democratic, another to actively despise the Republican Party. Even 60% of independents don’t like the GOP.

The Republican business elite wants to avoid paying taxes and to saddle the middle class with the tax burden instead. The evangelicals and right-wing Catholics want to impose their moral strictures on the rest of the country. Both policies look selfish and unfair.

It is their indebtedness to the religious Right that causes Republicans to oppose things like gay marriage, which now has the support of some two-thirds of Americans. As they move out of the mainstream to the margins of national politics, they look narrow-minded and selfish.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#24212 Mar 29, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
"spend some of that mountain of loot you profess to have earned by supporting a few expectant mothers who can't afford raising a child properly. Maybe even start a movement that has a goal of finding a proper home for every unwanted child"

F*ck the woman who can't afford to raise a child, but chose to irresponsibly create one anyway. She created her own problem, she can deal with it like the real adult she thought she was.
AND
F*ck the woman who created an unwanted child because of self-centered uncontrollable desires. She knew what she was doing and what the result could be. She can face the music like a real adult who takes responsibility for her actions.

This is a classic example of the liberal mindset: "If it feels good... do it."

I know what's coming next-
some shit about, "it takes two. The man is half to blame, etc, ect."

Good point. That being the case, the man should have to give his approval on any abortion before one is performed...since it IS half his child, ya know.

Oh yeah, now you'll say some crap about rape....
That argument gets so old, but here it comes.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24214 Mar 29, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope help is on the way but I don't expect it from the Republicans and know it will never come from the Democrats.
Michelle will be running

Mountain Home, AR

#24215 Mar 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope help is on the way but I don't expect it from the Republicans and know it will never come from the Democrats.
Michelle Obama will announce her intention to run for President with Hillary being her Vice President. Think of it as the total destruction of the USA.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#24216 Mar 30, 2013
Michelle will be running wrote:
<quoted text>Michelle Obama will announce her intention to run for President with Hillary being her Vice President. Think of it as the total destruction of the USA.
Those two fat lying broads crack me up!
swamp donkey

United States

#24219 Mar 30, 2013
Michigan vs Duke should be a great game
Two sides

Tucker, GA

#24220 Mar 30, 2013
No. Still not election time. But when it is, I'll be sure to cast a few dozen votes like all the Dumbocrats.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24221 Mar 30, 2013
Michelle will be running wrote:
<quoted text>Michelle Obama will announce her intention to run for President with Hillary being her Vice President. Think of it as the total destruction of the USA.
IF we make it 4 more yrs with Obama there won't be much America left for Michelle to destroy.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24222 Mar 30, 2013
obamahatesamericans wrote:
IMF Proposes $1.40 a Gallon Gas Tax on US Drivers
The national average for a gallon of gasoline is currently at $3.65. On top of that sky-high price, the International Monetary Fund has now proposed that the U.S. should impose a tax of $1.40 per gallon in order to pay for social programs around the world and help the environment.
And help destroy America -- Obama's fondest dream.
But Obama said taxes wouldn't go up on the middle class. Does the middle class not use gas, or DID OBAMA LIE? I think we all know the answer.
yep

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#24223 Mar 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
IF we make it 4 more yrs with Obama there won't be much America left for Michelle to destroy.
I've been reading about all the millions of tax dollars Barack and Michelle and old Joe Biden have been spending on parties and traveling, big time vacations and now have been reading that their spoiled brat kids are taking separate vacations costing millions more tax dollars. Leave it to them to spend us out of existence. None one of them knows what it's like to have to work and make a living. Not one of them has one lick of patriotism, at least not for the United States of America.
hey

United States

#24224 Mar 30, 2013
Ikr.....
Citizen

Damascus, AR

#24225 Mar 31, 2013
Who needs terrorist? We have Obama and lame brain shotgun Joe.,,
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#24226 Mar 31, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Something for all you "Doomsayers" to consider.
The US produces domestically 83.2% of the total energy it consumes now and production is still in it's infancy.
And another.
Posted on 03/28/2013 by Juan Cole
It turns out that 25% of Republicans don’t like their own party.
The Republican Party has a structural problem, in that it has only two main constituencies: the very wealthy and the white Religious Right. Both are tiny but powerful minorities. Neither is at all representative of the US population. Both want to impose policies on the whole country that suit them but which are unwelcome to most people.
The poll also shows that 60% of Americans in general don’t like the GOP, which is what pollsters call “high negatives.” It is one thing to be an independent or generally a Democratic, another to actively despise the Republican Party. Even 60% of independents don’t like the GOP.
The Republican business elite wants to avoid paying taxes and to saddle the middle class with the tax burden instead. The evangelicals and right-wing Catholics want to impose their moral strictures on the rest of the country. Both policies look selfish and unfair.
It is their indebtedness to the religious Right that causes Republicans to oppose things like gay marriage, which now has the support of some two-thirds of Americans. As they move out of the mainstream to the margins of national politics, they look narrow-minded and selfish.
YOU!

Buckshot

Bexar, AR

#24228 Mar 31, 2013
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been reading about all the millions of tax dollars Barack and Michelle and old Joe Biden have been spending on parties and traveling, big time vacations and now have been reading that their spoiled brat kids are taking separate vacations costing millions more tax dollars. Leave it to them to spend us out of existence. None one of them knows what it's like to have to work and make a living. Not one of them has one lick of patriotism, at least not for the United States of America.

Here read some more about first ladies vacations and call it research.

For 15 years, Laura Bush and four female friends have escaped together for a week every summer. They arrived at Mammoth Lakes on July 8, 2001 and a day later came to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge with an entourage of some 25 people, including Secret Service agents, a White House communications team, various aides and several park officials. The group took up about 15 of the 70 cabins at the site.

July 27, 2003 Laura Bush and all her friends arrived at Lake Crescent Lodge in Washington State for a week long vacation in the Olympic National Forest. "I have a group of friends that I grew up with in Midland, Texas, and we hike every summer at a national park," said Mrs. Bush. Yes, she and her friends arrived on Air Force II with lots of Secret Service Agents.

July 23, 2006 Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska

First Lady Laura Bush arrived in the park by train on July 23rd for a one-week vacation at a private inholder lodge in the Kantishna area. Members of the park staff assisted Secret Service and White House personnel with communications, security and logistics. A small number of rangers from other parks in the region were detailed to Denali to maintain normal operations so that a portion of the parks law enforcement staff could be assigned full-time to augment and assist the Secret Service details. During the week. Mrs. Bush and a small group of friends enjoyed daily hiking excursions throughout the park. On Friday, July 28th, she and her companions traveled to park headquarters to tour the Murie Science and Learning Center, a collaborative venture by Denali, seven other national parks, and several park partners. She later attended a luncheon hosted at the center and greeted park staff and the regional director.[Submitted by Richard Moore, North District Ranger]
This is the second time in the last couple-three months that LaWa has taken advantage of a western national park for a little "getaway with close friends" whose number, names, relationships, and particularly gender is somehow never mentioned.

In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush visited Mount Desert Island, Maine with a small group of friends for a brief vacation. She did not plan any public appearances before she arrived, but she was out in the public eye during her visit and met with Acadia National Park superintendent Sheridan Steele.

Laura Bush and her daughters, Barbara and Jenna, traveled to Africa in 2007, where they went on safari. Yet her trip was regarded as an "official" visit and included several public events.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#24229 Mar 31, 2013
Buckshot wrote:
<quoted text>
Here read some more about first ladies vacations and call it research.
For 15 years, Laura Bush and four female friends have escaped together for a week every summer. They arrived at Mammoth Lakes on July 8, 2001 and a day later came to Tuolumne Meadows Lodge with an entourage of some 25 people, including Secret Service agents, a White House communications team, various aides and several park officials. The group took up about 15 of the 70 cabins at the site.
July 27, 2003 Laura Bush and all her friends arrived at Lake Crescent Lodge in Washington State for a week long vacation in the Olympic National Forest. "I have a group of friends that I grew up with in Midland, Texas, and we hike every summer at a national park," said Mrs. Bush. Yes, she and her friends arrived on Air Force II with lots of Secret Service Agents.
July 23, 2006 Denali National Park & Preserve in Alaska
First Lady Laura Bush arrived in the park by train on July 23rd for a one-week vacation at a private inholder lodge in the Kantishna area. Members of the park staff assisted Secret Service and White House personnel with communications, security and logistics. A small number of rangers from other parks in the region were detailed to Denali to maintain normal operations so that a portion of the parks law enforcement staff could be assigned full-time to augment and assist the Secret Service details. During the week. Mrs. Bush and a small group of friends enjoyed daily hiking excursions throughout the park. On Friday, July 28th, she and her companions traveled to park headquarters to tour the Murie Science and Learning Center, a collaborative venture by Denali, seven other national parks, and several park partners. She later attended a luncheon hosted at the center and greeted park staff and the regional director.[Submitted by Richard Moore, North District Ranger]
This is the second time in the last couple-three months that LaWa has taken advantage of a western national park for a little "getaway with close friends" whose number, names, relationships, and particularly gender is somehow never mentioned.
In June 2008, First Lady Laura Bush visited Mount Desert Island, Maine with a small group of friends for a brief vacation. She did not plan any public appearances before she arrived, but she was out in the public eye during her visit and met with Acadia National Park superintendent Sheridan Steele.
Laura Bush and her daughters, Barbara and Jenna, traveled to Africa in 2007, where they went on safari. Yet her trip was regarded as an "official" visit and included several public events.
What first lady spent the most money while in the white house?

Answer:

Taking into account inflation, I'm going to say Mrs. Obama will end up having spent the most.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
racheal zingleman (May '11) 11 hr royjr 26
is peco still hiring? Thu Jack 23
Anita Pickett Thu Guest 1
Peco Wed Whacky tabacy 18
John Simkins (Mar '15) Wed Samantha garrett 38
Jennie oden Jun 28 One Who Knows 2
well drillers Jun 27 Guest 9

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance