No

Other (explain below)

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#24028 Mar 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"understanding that anyone not with a leftist view is wrong and probably the cause of all of the troubles America currently faces"
I personally do not agree to the above statement.
I also disagree with you philosophically.
It is the conservative who holds the reputation of avoiding change and demonstrates the reluctance to compromise.
That is very apparent when you post statements like this;
"That makes him impossible to talk to"
You see, IM talking to you.
"understanding that anyone not with a leftist view is wrong and probably the cause of all of the troubles America currently faces"
I also disagree with this statement. Our troubles are caused by a myriad of things.

"It is the conservative who holds the reputation of avoiding change and demonstrates the reluctance to compromise."
It depends on what kind of "change" you're talking about. Some things do not need to be changed, nor should they be. There is nothing wrong with "old-fashioned" values and morals. They served this country well for a very long time.

Some of the problems in this country are the entitlement attitude, breakdown of the two-parent family, folks concerning themselves with everyone else except themselves, jealousy, greed, envy, quest for power, living above ones means, etc... I could go on and on. Both parties and all mindsets are guilty.

Location hidden

#24029 Mar 22, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Dear. I NEVER use spelling or grammar check. I don't need it.
What brought on that rant was when you told me,
"BTW- since you like to point out grammar errors you should tell your buddy it should have been, had >the< liberal core values" ."
In actuality, I don't think I have ever corrected anyone on this thread, so you really can't say, "BTW- since you like to point out grammar errors..........
Maybe I am mistaken, but I doubt it.
I do not know either, but is doing it one time not enough to say you like doing it?

I must have been correct because you did it again.

SE Michigan

#24030 Mar 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know either, but is doing it one time not enough to say you like doing it?
I did it again? Where? When?

Location hidden

#24031 Mar 22, 2013
oh my wrote:
<quoted text>BARNEYII complaining about grammar errors is like a home invader complaining about the locks on the front door.
That is all fine and good, but you should look again,

"grammar errors",

was not the subject in your words that I was "complaining" about.

Location hidden

#24032 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
I did it again? Where? When?
"Sorry Dear"

WTF

Are you Blond too Sweetie?

"This sentence makes me question if YOU went to >AN< educational system"

How about a confession?

"I ONLY do that when one poster is questioning someone else's level of education"

How about another example?

"Second off, you should have placed a period after "interesting." "Name" should have had a capital N. A comma should have been placed after "2007."

SE Michigan

#24033 Mar 22, 2013
oh my wrote:
<quoted text>BARNEYII complaining about grammar errors is like a home invader complaining about the locks on the front door.
I gues locks do make his job a little harder. It's got to be frustrating for a hard working burglar.
Lol

Hardy, AR

#24034 Mar 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>

Just pull your Trailer House up next to the barn that will take care of it.
He doesn't have a barn,livestock,he is only bull shating you guys,go back and read his past posting he is doing nothing but lieing.

SE Michigan

#24035 Mar 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sorry Dear"
WTF
Are you Blond too Sweetie?
"This sentence makes me question if YOU went to >AN< educational system"
How about a confession?
"I ONLY do that when one poster is questioning someone else's level of education"
How about another example?
"Second off, you should have placed a period after "interesting." "Name" should have had a capital N. A comma should have been placed after "2007."
You're too funny. You still haven't figured out that I don't usually correct people on spelling and grammar....UNLESS that person has questioned someone else's level of education.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#24036 Mar 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pull your Trailer House up next to the barn that will take care of it.
heck just put the trailer house inside the barn and that would work also.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#24037 Mar 22, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't have a barn,livestock,he is only bull shating you guys,go back and read his past posting he is doing nothing but lieing.
think whatever you want!
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#24038 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Having a bad day are you? That's too bad. You really should try to see the good in everything. It wasn't that long ago you were complaining about the drought. Remember last summer? It was HOT and HUMID. It was miserable! Snow may be a little inconvenient at times, but it is SOOOO beautiful.
Thermals today are lightweight, breathable and comfortable. Maybe a pair is in order for you. LL Bean makes some good ones. So does Under Armor. You probably wouldn't need a "brutally cold" pair in your area.
You quit driving truck last year. Now you want to quit farming? After so many years of enjoyment? No more sitting on the porch swing watching the cows graze! You LOVE that! The way you are talking now concerns me. Are you okay?
On a good note, the sun crossed the equator earlier this week. This morning was still vey cold here- 19 degrees. I was walking around outside and there were several small flocks of grackles calling overhead as they flew north.
The time of renewal is upon us!
Ive been working on my taxes. I get mad every year when I tally up. I also just had a $1200 cow die. And some of the young sheep have the scours. Im gonna scale back big time. My arthritis is getting worse and I didnt really want to go out and take care of critters today. But one of my Doe rabbitts had babies today and they are doing well. The cold is hard on newborn animals. I dont like to see my livestock out in the weather. It would be more convienent having them all inside in the warm & dry. A basment barn would stay about 60 degrees year round. Warm enough in the winter and cool in the summer. Actually the snow pulls nitrogen from the air and deposits it in the soil when it melts. The snow is already half melted.
what

Mckinney, TX

#24039 Mar 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself or are you just not capable of preventing it from happening? Either way, it's rather amusing
what

Mckinney, TX

#24040 Mar 22, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> think whatever you want!
You lost him after the word "think"

SE Michigan

#24041 Mar 22, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Ive been working on my taxes. I get mad every year when I tally up. I also just had a $1200 cow die. And some of the young sheep have the scours. Im gonna scale back big time. My arthritis is getting worse and I didnt really want to go out and take care of critters today. But one of my Doe rabbitts had babies today and they are doing well. The cold is hard on newborn animals. I dont like to see my livestock out in the weather. It would be more convienent having them all inside in the warm & dry. A basment barn would stay about 60 degrees year round. Warm enough in the winter and cool in the summer. Actually the snow pulls nitrogen from the air and deposits it in the soil when it melts. The snow is already half melted.
My taxes were done yesterday. I had some business expenses that added up, so I'm getting a refund.

I understand not wanting to take care of the critters. Sometimes filling the bird feeders is a PIA. I'm thinking of cutting bird feeding out of the budget though it would be strange not having all that activity in the yard.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#24042 Mar 22, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally do not agree to the above statement.
I also disagree with you philosophically.
It is the conservative who holds the reputation of avoiding change and demonstrates the reluctance to compromise.
That is very apparent when you post statements like this;
"That makes him impossible to talk to"
You see, IM talking to you.
Your posts show that you in fact do agree with my statement. No conservative wants to avoid change completely but rather wants change to come at a reasonable responsible rate. For example, trying to give everyone who is on welfare a cell phone. People don't need a cell phone to survive. Welfare was designed to meet the NEEDS of those who experienced hard times and could not provide for themselves. Whereas a conservative would have required any recipient of welfare to be taught to become self sustaining and given them a reasonable timeframe to get to that point. Why? Because conservatives believe that ALL men and women are created equal and there is within each individual the ability to be self sustaining if given the chance. Liberals on the other hand believe that if a person is poor than it's not their fault so it's the government's responsibility to take money from those who are self sustaining and give it to those who are not. In other words liberals think there are people who are incapable of doing better for themselves. You and other liberals would say that conservatives who don't want to help the "less fortunate" are just cold and "reluctant" to change or compromise.
you need to pay more tax

United States

#24043 Mar 22, 2013
CBS
March 2013

Biden's Hotel Bills Rival Michelle's spending

Vice President Biden and his entourage spent a little time in London in early February during his first foreign trip of the second term of the Obama administration. A document released today revealed that the cost of lodging in London alone was close to half a million dollars. The contract was awarded on January 30, 2013 to the Hyatt Regency London for a total of $459,388.65.

As it turns out, Vice President Joe Biden's London stay in February was not the most expensive part of his trip, however. A government document released on February 14, 2013 shows that the contract for the Hotel Intercontinental Paris Le Grand came in at $585,000.50. FOR ONE NIGHT.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#24044 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
My taxes were done yesterday. I had some business expenses that added up, so I'm getting a refund.
I understand not wanting to take care of the critters. Sometimes filling the bird feeders is a PIA. I'm thinking of cutting bird feeding out of the budget though it would be strange not having all that activity in the yard.
Are you getting furloughed?

SE Michigan

#24045 Mar 23, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Are you getting furloughed?
Huh?

SE Michigan

#24046 Mar 23, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts show that you in fact do agree with my statement. No conservative wants to avoid change completely but rather wants change to come at a reasonable responsible rate. For example, trying to give everyone who is on welfare a cell phone. People don't need a cell phone to survive. Welfare was designed to meet the NEEDS of those who experienced hard times and could not provide for themselves. Whereas a conservative would have required any recipient of welfare to be taught to become self sustaining and given them a reasonable timeframe to get to that point. Why? Because conservatives believe that ALL men and women are created equal and there is within each individual the ability to be self sustaining if given the chance. Liberals on the other hand believe that if a person is poor than it's not their fault so it's the government's responsibility to take money from those who are self sustaining and give it to those who are not. In other words liberals think there are people who are incapable of doing better for themselves. You and other liberals would say that conservatives who don't want to help the "less fortunate" are just cold and "reluctant" to change or compromise.
"Whereas a conservative would have required any recipient of welfare to be taught to become self sustaining and given them a reasonable timeframe to get to that point."
Correction: This conservative would have required any recipient of welfare to teach themselves to become self sustaining. In addition, while on welfare, they would be forbidden to get pregnant, even if it meant a surgical procedure.......
Not only that, they would work for every welfare check cleaning up trash along the roads, waterways and anyplace else that needed it.

SE Michigan

#24047 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll still feed the orioles and catbirds because I have 70 pounds of grape jelly that I bought during the winter when it was on sale. I'll also feed the hummingbirds because I love 'em. I really don't want to turn away the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks either because they are SOOOO gorgeous and I enjoy watching them chase each other. I guess that means I'll have to put some sunflower out as well. And the woodpeckers will need suet if I want them to keep coming back.

Damn, I'm addicted to bird-feeding and I can't stop!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro For Sale 3 hr Wayne 33
News Randolph County residents plead with Peco to ke... 4 hr Poky will be better 22
"The wife" 18 hr Erica The Hotty 1
Sandy Burgess Nelson 18 hr shsh 3
Brooke Cato 20 hr Williwill 15
Chubby chaser's? Who are they? 23 hr Sonya 12
Shawn Davis (Apr '09) Mon just wondering 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages