Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23790 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> the goverment took it from the indians without paying for it. those land grants where given to the men as payment for their service in the war of 1812. my ancestor also fought in the american revolition.
Looks like the key word is "given". Parasites always have things given to them because they don't produce squat!
Hmmm

United States

#23791 Mar 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You people in Arkansas have some weird dogs. Maybe they take after their owners in that part of the country!
Former military dog handler and trainer gives me some insight into the subject.

You are a mixed breed dumbass without question.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23792 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Ive been in every state except hawaii and several foriegn countries. Im well read and learned a lot in my 66 years. Ive lived through several of these recessions. And this one is different. all the others when things slowed down prices fell. with this one the prices are getting higher. and before if there wasnt work in arkansas you could find work in StLouis chicago rockford Minneapolis detroit flint houston dallas etc. now those places have no jobs. folks from those places come to arkansas to find work! I dont even talk politics or religion with my family or anyone that I live around and have to get along with. Many of them believe the sun rises and sets in the democrats ass. They dont want to face reality. Their quite happy being delisonal denialist. And most believe their regilous superstition to a fault. they believe in the rapture. Brainwashed from being churched to death since they where newborn.
There are very good high paying jobs right now around the oil fields of North Dakota and Midland, Odessa, Texas. You can make over $100,000 a year starting out if you are not lazy. Of course welfare is much easier for liberals.
Hmmm

United States

#23793 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>

Many of them believe the sun rises and sets in the democrats ass. They dont want to face reality. Their quite happy being delisonal denialist.


I find just the opposite form the hill folk.
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>

And most believe their regilous superstition to a fault. they believe in the rapture. Brainwashed from being churched to death since they where newborn.
Bingo
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23794 Mar 16, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Former military dog handler and trainer gives me some insight into the subject.
You are a mixed breed dumbass without question.
You say all dogs are homos and shit eaters and I called BS on your stupid claim. Now you say because you were a military dog handler and trainer that your crystal ball gave you insight into the subject. What language did you speak to your military dogs? You sound more and more like an idiot eveyday. Maybe you eat poop!
Hmmm

United States

#23796 Mar 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You say all dogs are homos and shit eaters and I called BS on your stupid claim. Now you say because you were a military dog handler and trainer that your crystal ball gave you insight into the subject. What language did you speak to your military dogs? You sound more and more like an idiot eveyday. Maybe you eat poop!
As for the homo thing, male dogs do often display a homosexual posture by mounting other males, but this is a dominance action rather than a sexual one. They also lick other dogs asses at times, a trait I'm sure you're intimately familiar with.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#23797 Mar 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like the key word is "given". Parasites always have things given to them because they don't produce squat!
Wow me outlining how the parasite takers outmunber the producing makers has really struck a nerve with you? for some reason that fact has rattled your cage? Now a 5 generation grandparents activities has nothing to do with my actions today. one of That guy,s son,s owned a slave too. she was given to his his son,s wife when she married him. He sold out and left right before the civil war. they went to the dakotas and never returned. the slave girl was set free when they moved out west. and all of that has absoultly no bearing on the here & now or whether Or not someone is a parasite or racist. He belonged to the More Peace Society and didnt fight in the civil war.
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#23799 Mar 16, 2013
Since 99% of the things I post are unfortunately bad negative things I think the goverment does. I thought I would post something I believe is positive! Good Riddance Direct Payments
This year the farm subsidy lobby appears ready to finally end the direct payment program-ten years later than when the program's 2002 expiration date. We say "good riddance."

Direct payments, originally called "market transition payments" were authorized in the 1996 farm allegedly as temporary cash payments to help producers make the transition to a world with no farm subsidies at all.

Lawmakers promised taxpayers that the payments would decline each year and end completely after five years. But that never happened.

As EWG President Ken Cook pointed out at the time, the reality was that, "The 1996 farm bill would not phase out subsidy programs and at least $4 billion or more would be available for every year after it expired in 2002. In fact, it would make things worse by divorcing payments entirely from market conditions, actual farming activity, and economic need."

He was right. Over $45.6 billion in cash payments have flowed to farm businesses since 2002-regardless of need-mostly to the largest and most profitable farm operations in the country. In 2011, 16 percent of the payments went to the 1 percent of businesses getting the largest payments-on average $77, 833 each. The top 10 percent of farm operations harvesting an average $28,784 each collected 59 percent of all payments that year. Eighty percent of famers each received only $1,364.

Direct payments should have been gone years ago. We say good riddance.
s very good!----
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#23800 Mar 16, 2013
The Dow is at a record high and so are corporate profits - so why does it feel like most of the country is deeply suffering right now? Real household income is the lowest that it has been in a decade, poverty is absolutely soaring, 47 million Americans are on food stamps and the middle class is being systematically destroyed. How can big corporations be doing so well while most American families are having such a hard time? Isn't their wealth supposed to "trickle down" to the rest of us? Unfortunately, that is not how the real world works. Today, most big corporations are trying to minimize the number of "expensive" American workers on their payrolls as much as they can. If the big corporation that is employing you can figure out a way to replace you with a worker in China or with a robot, it will probably do it. Corporations are in existence to maximize wealth for their shareholders, and most of the time the largest corporations are dominated by the monopoly men of the global elite. Over the decades, the politicians that have their campaigns funded by these monopoly men have rigged the game so that the big corporations are able to easily dominate everything. But this was never what those that founded this country intended. America was supposed to be a place where the power of collectivist institutions would be greatly limited, and individuals and small businesses would be free to compete in a capitalist system that would reward anyone that had a good idea and that was willing to work hard. But today, our economy is completely and totally dominated by a massively bloated federal government and by absolutely gigantic predator corporations that are greatly favored by our massively bloated federal government. Our founders tried to warn us about the dangers of allowing government, banks and corporations to accumulate too much power, but we didn't listen. Now they dominate everything, and the rest of us are fighting for table scraps.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23801 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Wow me outlining how the parasite takers outmunber the producing makers has really struck a nerve with you? for some reason that fact has rattled your cage? Now a 5 generation grandparents activities has nothing to do with my actions today. one of That guy,s son,s owned a slave too. she was given to his his son,s wife when she married him. He sold out and left right before the civil war. they went to the dakotas and never returned. the slave girl was set free when they moved out west. and all of that has absoultly no bearing on the here & now or whether Or not someone is a parasite or racist. He belonged to the More Peace Society and didnt fight in the civil war.
It would take way more than you or your opinions to rattle my cage. I agree with you on parasites. I also like to call out the hypocricy on parasites when they accuse everybody else but themsleves of being parasitic. If you did not inherit any parasitic land then you may be correct on that 5 generation thing.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23802 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
The Dow is at a record high and so are corporate profits - so why does it feel like most of the country is deeply suffering right now? Real household income is the lowest that it has been in a decade, poverty is absolutely soaring, 47 million Americans are on food stamps and the middle class is being systematically destroyed. How can big corporations be doing so well while most American families are having such a hard time? Isn't their wealth supposed to "trickle down" to the rest of us? Unfortunately, that is not how the real world works. Today, most big corporations are trying to minimize the number of "expensive" American workers on their payrolls as much as they can. If the big corporation that is employing you can figure out a way to replace you with a worker in China or with a robot, it will probably do it. Corporations are in existence to maximize wealth for their shareholders, and most of the time the largest corporations are dominated by the monopoly men of the global elite. Over the decades, the politicians that have their campaigns funded by these monopoly men have rigged the game so that the big corporations are able to easily dominate everything. But this was never what those that founded this country intended. America was supposed to be a place where the power of collectivist institutions would be greatly limited, and individuals and small businesses would be free to compete in a capitalist system that would reward anyone that had a good idea and that was willing to work hard. But today, our economy is completely and totally dominated by a massively bloated federal government and by absolutely gigantic predator corporations that are greatly favored by our massively bloated federal government. Our founders tried to warn us about the dangers of allowing government, banks and corporations to accumulate too much power, but we didn't listen. Now they dominate everything, and the rest of us are fighting for table scraps.
I am doing quite well thank you and thanks to the DOW. Maybe if Unions didn't require their employees be paid $30 an hour to screw a lug nut on a wheel in an assembly line more jobs would remain in this country. Food stamps are on the rise because of liberal and democrat policies. Democrats want to keep people poor so they make it easy for them to get entitlements. The democrats know their existence depends on poor people. Democrats never pass any bill that will help their people get out of poverty, all they pass are bills that keep their people poor. Democrats would never talk about the legalization of illegal aliens if you put a stipulation on it that said they could never vote in any U.S. election. This entire scam is about votes and keeping democrat leades rich and in power. You are correct about the bloated Federal Government..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23803 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
The Dow is at a record high and so are corporate profits - so why does it feel like most of the country is deeply suffering right now? Real household income is the lowest that it has been in a decade, poverty is absolutely soaring, 47 million Americans are on food stamps and the middle class is being systematically destroyed. How can big corporations be doing so well while most American families are having such a hard time? Isn't their wealth supposed to "trickle down" to the rest of us? Unfortunately, that is not how the real world works. Today, most big corporations are trying to minimize the number of "expensive" American workers on their payrolls as much as they can. If the big corporation that is employing you can figure out a way to replace you with a worker in China or with a robot, it will probably do it. Corporations are in existence to maximize wealth for their shareholders, and most of the time the largest corporations are dominated by the monopoly men of the global elite. Over the decades, the politicians that have their campaigns funded by these monopoly men have rigged the game so that the big corporations are able to easily dominate everything. But this was never what those that founded this country intended. America was supposed to be a place where the power of collectivist institutions would be greatly limited, and individuals and small businesses would be free to compete in a capitalist system that would reward anyone that had a good idea and that was willing to work hard. But today, our economy is completely and totally dominated by a massively bloated federal government and by absolutely gigantic predator corporations that are greatly favored by our massively bloated federal government. Our founders tried to warn us about the dangers of allowing government, banks and corporations to accumulate too much power, but we didn't listen. Now they dominate everything, and the rest of us are fighting for table scraps.
There are plenty of truck driving jobs out there. Any paper you read advertises for truck drivers. It's being advertised all over television also. It's not hard work and doesn't require great skill so It amazes me that we don't make people get off welfare and learn how to drive a truck..
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#23804 Mar 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>It would take way more than you or your opinions to rattle my cage. I agree with you on parasites. I also like to call out the hypocricy on parasites when they accuse everybody else but themsleves of being parasitic. If you did not inherit any parasitic land then you may be correct on that 5 generation thing.
Great,Great,Great,Great.Great grampaw didnt even keep the land that was granted to him. it was not feasible or practical to try and make improvements on such marginal land. He let the goverment have it back. never ever paid the taxes. They bought some creek bottom land. Im decended from the son who went to the dakotas. He trapped & hunted in that region the remander of his life. he spent a lot of time in canada also. his daughter (one of my great great grandmothers married one of my tory ancestors relatives. so there is a bit of inbreeding there!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23805 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Great,Great,Great,Great.Great grampaw didnt even keep the land that was granted to him. it was not feasible or practical to try and make improvements on such marginal land. He let the goverment have it back. never ever paid the taxes. They bought some creek bottom land. Im decended from the son who went to the dakotas. He trapped & hunted in that region the remander of his life. he spent a lot of time in canada also. his daughter (one of my great great grandmothers married one of my tory ancestors relatives. so there is a bit of inbreeding there!
No doubt!
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#23806 Mar 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>There are plenty of truck driving jobs out there. Any paper you read advertises for truck drivers. It's being advertised all over television also. It's not hard work and doesn't require great skill so It amazes me that we don't make people get off welfare and learn how to drive a truck..
Years ago you could make $100 per day driving truck. Nowadays you still only make $100 per day. the more strigent DOT rules limit the hours you can drive. ya get paid by the mile. then theirs layover,s time wating to get loaded &unloaded slow traffic ect. and the cost of meals & expences out their is higher thanever. Their just isnt any real money to be made driving truck. There is less money if you happen to be a owner operator. In that case the truck owns you.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#23807 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
The Dow is at a record high and so are corporate profits - so why does it feel like most of the country is deeply suffering right now? Real household income is the lowest that it has been in a decade, poverty is absolutely soaring, 47 million Americans are on food stamps and the middle class is being systematically destroyed. How can big corporations be doing so well while most American families are having such a hard time? Isn't their wealth supposed to "trickle down" to the rest of us? Unfortunately, that is not how the real world works. Today, most big corporations are trying to minimize the number of "expensive" American workers on their payrolls as much as they can. If the big corporation that is employing you can figure out a way to replace you with a worker in China or with a robot, it will probably do it. Corporations are in existence to maximize wealth for their shareholders, and most of the time the largest corporations are dominated by the monopoly men of the global elite. Over the decades, the politicians that have their campaigns funded by these monopoly men have rigged the game so that the big corporations are able to easily dominate everything. But this was never what those that founded this country intended. America was supposed to be a place where the power of collectivist institutions would be greatly limited, and individuals and small businesses would be free to compete in a capitalist system that would reward anyone that had a good idea and that was willing to work hard. But today, our economy is completely and totally dominated by a massively bloated federal government and by absolutely gigantic predator corporations that are greatly favored by our massively bloated federal government. Our founders tried to warn us about the dangers of allowing government, banks and corporations to accumulate too much power, but we didn't listen. Now they dominate everything, and the rest of us are fighting for table scraps.
Today was our union contract ratification meeting. I normally don't waste my Saturday mornings on nonsense like union stuff, but I was curious as to what other people negotiated for me. Mostly I was irate about them wanting to push this contract through quickly simply to avoid the deadline of the right to work law taking effect at the end of the month. As I figured, we got nothing in this contract...NOTHING!

They just pushed it through before I, and others, could decide for ourselves whether we want to pay union dues or not. Discontinuing union dues could have been a raise! I didn't hang around long enough to hear what the final vote was, but I'm pretty sure it passed. It appears as though I will be fighting for table scraps a bit longer as my pay stays the same and inflation continues to rise.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#23808 Mar 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I am doing quite well thank you and thanks to the DOW. Maybe if Unions didn't require their employees be paid $30 an hour to screw a lug nut on a wheel in an assembly line more jobs would remain in this country. Food stamps are on the rise because of liberal and democrat policies. Democrats want to keep people poor so they make it easy for them to get entitlements. The democrats know their existence depends on poor people. Democrats never pass any bill that will help their people get out of poverty, all they pass are bills that keep their people poor. Democrats would never talk about the legalization of illegal aliens if you put a stipulation on it that said they could never vote in any U.S. election. This entire scam is about votes and keeping democrat leades rich and in power. You are correct about the bloated Federal Government..
Knock on wood. The DOW may not remain this good for long. It's a gamble.

If only ALL unions paid $30 an hour!!! I'd be a millionaire by now.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23809 Mar 16, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
Today was our union contract ratification meeting. I normally don't waste my Saturday mornings on nonsense like union stuff, but I was curious as to what other people negotiated for me. Mostly I was irate about them wanting to push this contract through quickly simply to avoid the deadline of the right to work law taking effect at the end of the month. As I figured, we got nothing in this contract...NOTHING!
They just pushed it through before I, and others, could decide for ourselves whether we want to pay union dues or not. Discontinuing union dues could have been a raise! I didn't hang around long enough to hear what the final vote was, but I'm pretty sure it passed. It appears as though I will be fighting for table scraps a bit longer as my pay stays the same and inflation continues to rise.
You choose to work there. You could always drive a truck!

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#23810 Mar 16, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>There are plenty of truck driving jobs out there. Any paper you read advertises for truck drivers. It's being advertised all over television also. It's not hard work and doesn't require great skill so It amazes me that we don't make people get off welfare and learn how to drive a truck..
"It amazes me that we don't make people get off welfare and learn how to drive a truck."
In a FREE country we don't MAKE people learn something they don't want to learn. We also don't make them DO something they don't want to do. But then if they are getting free money, they should be required to work for that money...forty hours per week like the rest of us. If they refuse the work they are assigned, they get no money.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#23811 Mar 16, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Years ago you could make $100 per day driving truck. Nowadays you still only make $100 per day. the more strigent DOT rules limit the hours you can drive. ya get paid by the mile. then theirs layover,s time wating to get loaded &unloaded slow traffic ect. and the cost of meals & expences out their is higher thanever. Their just isnt any real money to be made driving truck. There is less money if you happen to be a owner operator. In that case the truck owns you.
If only I made $100 a day! I'd be a millionaire by now!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clowns in pocahontas 2 hr Freddie L 9
mcghee baby abused 3 hr Information 6
Remembering PHS classmates who have lost their ... (Nov '08) 7 hr Duh 522
People that go behind there boyfriend back with... (Feb '16) 17 hr Guest 22
What's being done to slow down the stealing? (Jan '15) Mon Guest 19
cooler weather Mon autumn orange 2
Who are some of the hardest working people in P... (Feb '09) Mon truth 92

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages