Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

#23714 Mar 14, 2013
I can't say that I feel sorry for some of those establishments. As people started taking pay cuts and lay offs, these stores and restaurants raised their prices.

What does a store like JC Penny have to offer people? The clothes aren't what they used to be like when I was a kid. The last time I went to a department store like Pennys to look for clothing, I saw nothing that impressed me. Not everybody wants to wear teeny-bopper clothes.

For two people to have a good restaurant dinner and drinks, it will cost $20, plus a tip. Don't forget gas to get there and back. For someone who has to live frugally because they just took a paycut, twenty dollar bills are not something that can be tossed around anymore.

If these companies want to stay in business, they must REDUCE their prices, not raise them, without reducing the quality. Otherwise only the rich can spend in these places. And when their taxes are raised, they too will spend less to make up for it.

SE Michigan

#23715 Mar 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
3% was an one year increase you went back two years.
That was the avg. of inflation nation wide on all products not just groceries.
Groceries are an absolute necessity for those not living on Churms farm. The poor and middle class are being hurt REAL BAD by high prices of things that they cannot live without.(food, gas, heat)
These are all things Obama CAN impact with the proper decisions, such as drilling here and stopping the devaluation of our money. Obama WANTS to hurt the American people. Otherwise, why wouldn't he do what's best for the country?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23716 Mar 14, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Obama care like glowbull warming nafta etc. are all steps that furthur the UN & NWO plan . ITs part of agenda 21. All those things drive producing manufacturing jobs from the USA. To be fair the republican,s are just as guilty. What transpired is many UN & NWO supporters decided the so called middle class in the US had more than their fair share.So the middle class jobs where redistrubuted (given) to third world places. The USA is destined to be a third world nation. Sad end to a once great republic.
You are correct about the U.S. becoming a third world country. We will not recognize this country in 50 years. That is if we are still alive.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23717 Mar 14, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted this before. It illustrate the point perfectly. Those Obama lovers who support Obama and like him because he only wants to raise taxes on the rich don't see the reality of what this guy is doing to the poor and middle class. The very people he claims to represent are getting it shoved up their a** by him and they are too gullible to see it happening.
If Obama gave a rats a** about the poor and middle class he would be drilling for oil right here. He would lower taxes on everyone. He wouldn't pass bills that force people to buy something they don't want. He would lower the miminum wage. He would send all illegals home. He would stop all foreign aid. He would veto any gun control bills that come before him. He would eliminate welfare and food stamps. He would take back all Obama phones. He would outlaw abortions. He would reinstate biggie size drinks in New York.....etc.....Oh, and he would read the Constitution.
Good post..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23718 Mar 14, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
A liberal, just as most others , sees a man as a human being whose true worth is determined by what is in his heart, mind, not in his wallet.
Liberals see the world the way they want it to be, Conservatives see the world the way it is. Liberals blame everybody but themselves for their failures. Conservatives take full responsibility for their actions. If liberals don't like guns or tv programs they attempt to get them banned. If conservatives don't like guns they don't buy one if they don't like a TV show they change the channel. Liberals want laws to control everything you do from drinking 16 oz sodas to flying the U.S flag in certain places. Of course the best liberals don't think any of the rules apply to them.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#23720 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Groceries are an absolute necessity for those not living on Churms farm. The poor and middle class are being hurt REAL BAD by high prices of things that they cannot live without.(food, gas, heat)
These are all things Obama CAN impact with the proper decisions, such as drilling here and stopping the devaluation of our money. Obama WANTS to hurt the American people. Otherwise, why wouldn't he do what's best for the country?
Even I have to buy groceries. Its impossible for me to grow everything I want to eat. My wife and I like our chocolate and other health foods. I really feel for the young folks with children to feed clothe and send to school. They have a difficult time. when my boys here teens hey seemed to have hollow legs. They ate plenty. They werent fat but it still cost $250 in groceries per week to feed them.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23721 Mar 14, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Even I have to buy groceries. Its impossible for me to grow everything I want to eat. My wife and I like our chocolate and other health foods. I really feel for the young folks with children to feed clothe and send to school. They have a difficult time. when my boys here teens hey seemed to have hollow legs. They ate plenty. They werent fat but it still cost $250 in groceries per week to feed them.
As I stated earlier we have enough food on hand to last us over a year. Bad times are right around the corner and we have been planning for them for years. I just purchased a second generator and 4 more guns. We also have a grocery bill but most of that is wants and not needs. We have stored seed so we can grow or barter when the time comes. I sugggest you keep alcohol on hand as well as matches, lighters and fire starting material. I remember what the Bosnians went through and bic lighters were a highly valued trade item. This country will emplode within..

SE Michigan

#23722 Mar 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals see the world the way they want it to be, Conservatives see the world the way it is. Liberals blame everybody but themselves for their failures. Conservatives take full responsibility for their actions. If liberals don't like guns or tv programs they attempt to get them banned. If conservatives don't like guns they don't buy one if they don't like a TV show they change the channel. Liberals want laws to control everything you do from drinking 16 oz sodas to flying the U.S flag in certain places. Of course the best liberals don't think any of the rules apply to them.
BARNEYII wrote:
"A liberal, just as most others , sees a man as a human being whose true worth is determined by what is in his heart, mind, not in his wallet."
Warrior wrote:
"Liberals want laws to control everything you do from drinking 16 oz sodas to flying the U.S flag in certain places."

I hate generalizations. There are liberals who have great resentment, envy and jealousy, even hate, for those who are rich and successful, regardless of what's in that persons heart.

There are conservatives that want laws controlling what others do too, as long as they are in line with conservative values.

Then again, not all liberals and conservatives can be stereotyped into a certain mold. I know lots of people who have characteristics of both political persuasions. I know people who vote for one side, but have most of their core beliefs of the other side.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23723 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
BARNEYII wrote:
"A liberal, just as most others , sees a man as a human being whose true worth is determined by what is in his heart, mind, not in his wallet."
Warrior wrote:
"Liberals want laws to control everything you do from drinking 16 oz sodas to flying the U.S flag in certain places."
I hate generalizations. There are liberals who have great resentment, envy and jealousy, even hate, for those who are rich and successful, regardless of what's in that persons heart.
There are conservatives that want laws controlling what others do too, as long as they are in line with conservative values.
Then again, not all liberals and conservatives can be stereotyped into a certain mold. I know lots of people who have characteristics of both political persuasions. I know people who vote for one side, but have most of their core beliefs of the other side.
Sounds like Michigan people are weird. That's not how it is where I live and travel..

SE Michigan

#23724 Mar 14, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Even I have to buy groceries. Its impossible for me to grow everything I want to eat. My wife and I like our chocolate and other health foods. I really feel for the young folks with children to feed clothe and send to school. They have a difficult time. when my boys here teens hey seemed to have hollow legs. They ate plenty. They werent fat but it still cost $250 in groceries per week to feed them.
$250 per week seems like alot of money for food depending on how many kids there are and how long ago it was.

As little as five years ago, about the time I started my Dave Ramsey plan, I was eating on $5 per day...all three meals....and they were full nutritious meals. Everything I bought had to be at sale price. I had it down to a science including price per slice of bread, strip of bacon, each egg, each potato, cup of milk, etc....
A full breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast totalled $1.10.
Lunch was usually a slice of pizza at $1.25.
Dinner was whatever I wanted it to be as long as it stayed below $3.00. It was pretty easy to eat cheap, but eat good, back then. That was then; this is now.

SE Michigan

#23728 Mar 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like Michigan people are weird. That's not how it is where I live and travel..
In the ideal world everything would be just as it should be. There are just as many different personalities as there are people. Unfortunately, some people don't vote their conscience. Instead they vote how they are told with the use of fear-mongering and scare tactics.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23732 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
$250 per week seems like alot of money for food depending on how many kids there are and how long ago it was.
As little as five years ago, about the time I started my Dave Ramsey plan, I was eating on $5 per day...all three meals....and they were full nutritious meals. Everything I bought had to be at sale price. I had it down to a science including price per slice of bread, strip of bacon, each egg, each potato, cup of milk, etc....
Dinner was whatever I wanted it to be as long as it stayed below $3.00. It was pretty easy to eat cheap, but eat good, back then. That was then; this is now.
You didn't have a man in your life back then did you?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23733 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
In the ideal world everything would be just as it should be. There are just as many different personalities as there are people. Unfortunately, some people don't vote their conscience. Instead they vote how they are told with the use of fear-mongering and scare tactics.
Like Paul?

SE Michigan

#23734 Mar 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't have a man in your life back then did you?
Of course I did. But I don't rely on someone else to take care of me. That's my job.

SE Michigan

#23735 Mar 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Like Paul?
Yes, I do.
Rand Paul 2016!

SE Michigan

#23736 Mar 14, 2013
Way wiser than barney wrote:
<quoted text>I absolutely agree. Boy did you hit the nail on the head.
That was my first reaction when I read Warriors post too. Then I thought it over and realized that not all libs and cons fit the mold. For instance, I have been called a liberal on Topix more than once. I have also been called an extreme right winger on many occasions. Depends on the topic and the posters.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23737 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course I did. But I don't rely on someone else to take care of me. That's my job.
Your man didn't eat on $5 dollars a day or whatever you said it was........

SE Michigan

#23738 Mar 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Your man didn't eat on $5 dollars a day or whatever you said it was........
I never said he did.
curmudeon

Ash Flat, AR

#23739 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
them boys ate a 22 pound turkey in one afternoon. They where very active and burnt a lot of calories. We could work all day and I would be give out. They came in washed up and ate and then went out and would come back home after midnite eat and get up at 600 am and do it all over again. back then we didnt grow enough to supply a family. My wife and I grow more than enough for just us today. and we now grow less than we did back then.
curmudeon

Ash Flat, AR

#23740 Mar 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You didn't have a man in your life back then did you?
There where 6 of us. at $5 each per day thats $30 .$30 x7 days is $210. So actually in retrospect $250 per week was pretty cheap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stuff They Don't Want You to Know - The Thorium 2 hr Sciguy 1
Ericas the best 2 hr Michaels wife 26
any hot guys at pinnacle frames (Sep '09) 17 hr Pin worker 29
Cord Rapert (Feb '14) Sun Curious 22
Sheriff Race Sat yoko 7
Randolph County Exposed!!! Sat Guest 19
does anybody know how to get hold of Nathan Nelson Sat summer wilson 5
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE