Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#23660 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a liberal you will have to clarify your own stupid remark like you ALWAYS do!
I just did, I told her you said it, I am sure she can figure it out from there.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23661 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did, I told her you said it, I am sure she can figure it out from there.
Nobody can ever figure out anything you say. Maybe they should have sent you to school in Salem..
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#23662 Mar 13, 2013
Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
True, I should be. Unfortunately, I didn't take my own advice for too many years. Like everyone else, I thought I was supposed to borrow money for things I couldn't afford to buy, build up credit, so I could borrow even more, and then pay interest on everything. Thank God I hated paying interest, so I didn't get in too deep with "bad debt." Then I found Dave Ramsey one day while at work and it was like a light bulb had gone on. I finally figured out where I had gone wrong and am now working my way out of a mess. Luckily, most of it is what my financial advisor calls "good debt." Either way, it's debt and it sucks. If only all that interest I paid over the years had gone into mutual funds instead! If only people were taught this stuff in school! It infuriates me to see play credit cards for preschoolers!(But they aren't allowed to play with toy guns! Go figure!) They are ensuring a lifetime of debt and poverty to people who can't even count yet!
Back when I drove truck I listened to Dave Ramsey. I liked his message. Anyway I was out of debt long before I found his program. Ive payed very little interest. not payed a penny interest in over 40 years. I dont invest in stocks mutual funds etc. I invest in myself. I use my own capital for seed money. I like to buy small parcels of land at bargian prices by paying cash. Then sell them on contract and I carry the note and get the interest. I keep the deeds in my name so its a very safe investment. My grandpappy used to say if borrowing money at interest is such a good deal why is the banker the richest guy in town? If you have the cash there are bargians to be bought. If you resell them at a little less than full market value ( ya gotta leave a little profit for the next guy) you can build a clientell of buyers. Now with the poor economy and also all the guys I previously sold to retiring or alredy taking the dirt nap! My buyers are dwindling My equipt sales lot just swapped nickles. And I didnt work at it a dilligently in 2012. I was busy playing trapper goat & sheep farmer and selling scrap metals.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

SE Michigan

#23663 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I still don't have your website and I am talking about close to 450,000 at 12% if you can guarantee it.
There are no guarantees in investing. That's why I didn't trust my money to Bernie Madoff.

I'm sure you could find some good mutual funds on your own. But it would have been better if you would have invested that amount when the stock market was down around 8000. Now you'd be buying shares at the high price. Here's a few places to start to look for mutual funds.
https://us.etrade.com/investing-trading/mutua...
https://www.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/overvie...
https://www.americanfunds.com/funds/returns/a...

PS. My website is clearly listed on my profile page. I have even posted links in the past.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23664 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
There are no guarantees in investing. That's why I didn't trust my money to Bernie Madoff.
I'm sure you could find some good mutual funds on your own. But it would have been better if you would have invested that amount when the stock market was down around 8000. Now you'd be buying shares at the high price. Here's a few places to start to look for mutual funds.
https://us.etrade.com/investing-trading/mutua...
https://www.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/overvie...
https://www.americanfunds.com/funds/returns/a...
PS. My website is clearly listed on my profile page. I have even posted links in the past.
I am heavily invested in the Stock Market and to be honest with you I am starting to worry. I see a 2000 point minimum correction on the horizon. As long as interest rates are low and Bernanke is printing money I will make money. It's that sudden one day shift that I am worried about..
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23665 Mar 13, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Back when I drove truck I listened to Dave Ramsey. I liked his message. Anyway I was out of debt long before I found his program. Ive payed very little interest. not payed a penny interest in over 40 years. I dont invest in stocks mutual funds etc. I invest in myself. I use my own capital for seed money. I like to buy small parcels of land at bargian prices by paying cash. Then sell them on contract and I carry the note and get the interest. I keep the deeds in my name so its a very safe investment. My grandpappy used to say if borrowing money at interest is such a good deal why is the banker the richest guy in town? If you have the cash there are bargians to be bought. If you resell them at a little less than full market value ( ya gotta leave a little profit for the next guy) you can build a clientell of buyers. Now with the poor economy and also all the guys I previously sold to retiring or alredy taking the dirt nap! My buyers are dwindling My equipt sales lot just swapped nickles. And I didnt work at it a dilligently in 2012. I was busy playing trapper goat & sheep farmer and selling scrap metals.
I agree Cash is King and buying land is a good investment because they will make no more of it. Right now guns and ammo are also a good investment. Literally..
what

Palestine, TX

#23666 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just settle down now, you are making a fool of yourself again. Let me point something out to you. the following is the first post I made in this exchange with you Morons.
Wiser than DKN and Barney wrote:
Hey Barney thought i'd give you some news. You say economy is getting better. I say you are so wrong. The USDA just released their last numbers on food stamps. It was 46 million people on foodstamps. Now the new number is 47.8 million people are on food stamps. Do the math, that's an increase. We also got 12 million people out of work. Use some logic. If ecomony is growing as you claim, the people on food stamps would be decreasing and we would have less people out of work. The ecomony shrunk the last quarter. So that blows a hold in your numbers. Face it barney you're wrong and numbers don't lie.
Among the sectors adding the most jobs in February were construction, which hired 48,000 people; health care, which added 32,000 people; and the retail sector, which added nearly 24,000. Temporary services payrolls grew by 16,000, possibly a leading indicator for future hiring. The motion-picture industry added 20,800 jobs.
Now tell me again, what you told me in that second sentance in the above post.
You boys remind me of The Apple Dumpling Gang.
That clarifies things. You really are that stupid and "guest" has once again, and quite easily today I might add, led you around right into a pool of your own hypocrisy and you fell hook, line and sinker.
curmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

#23667 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Cash is King and buying land is a good investment because they will make no more of it. Right now guns and ammo are also a good investment. Literally..
Yes indeed. there is a ready cash market for guns & ammo. Ive got enough to last me. Just yesterday while rummaging in a closet I stumbled on a box of 100 12 guage shotgun shell,s I bought two years ago and forgot about having them. I wish I had more 44 mag ammo for my Ruger blackhawk handgun. many years ago I bought dozens of those sardine cans of 1000 rounds of 7.62x 39 shells. they work in a SKS or Ak47. I could really turn a huge profit selling them.

SE Michigan

#23669 Mar 13, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Back when I drove truck I listened to Dave Ramsey. I liked his message. Anyway I was out of debt long before I found his program. Ive payed very little interest. not payed a penny interest in over 40 years. I dont invest in stocks mutual funds etc. I invest in myself. I use my own capital for seed money. I like to buy small parcels of land at bargian prices by paying cash. Then sell them on contract and I carry the note and get the interest. I keep the deeds in my name so its a very safe investment. My grandpappy used to say if borrowing money at interest is such a good deal why is the banker the richest guy in town? If you have the cash there are bargians to be bought. If you resell them at a little less than full market value ( ya gotta leave a little profit for the next guy) you can build a clientell of buyers. Now with the poor economy and also all the guys I previously sold to retiring or alredy taking the dirt nap! My buyers are dwindling My equipt sales lot just swapped nickles. And I didnt work at it a dilligently in 2012. I was busy playing trapper goat & sheep farmer and selling scrap metals.
That's a great idea about the small parcels. I just might give it a try. I already have some real estate. Thirty acres in Northern Michigan and a small parcel in Texas near the New Mexico border.

I talked to a forester recently about having my property here logged. I'll do it if I can get enough to pay the land off. Then maybe I'll build a cabin and sell it with ten acres. I'll probably sell the Texas land too. It's not doing anything for me.

I like alot of your ideas!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23671 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
That's a great idea about the small parcels. I just might give it a try. I already have some real estate. Thirty acres in Northern Michigan and a small parcel in Texas near the New Mexico border.
I talked to a forester recently about having my property here logged. I'll do it if I can get enough to pay the land off. Then maybe I'll build a cabin and sell it with ten acres. I'll probably sell the Texas land too. It's not doing anything for me.
I like alot of your ideas!
Maybe you two should get a room! LOL!
what

Palestine, TX

#23672 Mar 13, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Just settle down now, you are making a fool of yourself again. Let me point something out to you. the following is the first post I made in this exchange with you Morons.
Wiser than DKN and Barney wrote:
Hey Barney thought i'd give you some news. You say economy is getting better. I say you are so wrong. The USDA just released their last numbers on food stamps. It was 46 million people on foodstamps. Now the new number is 47.8 million people are on food stamps. Do the math, that's an increase. We also got 12 million people out of work. Use some logic. If ecomony is growing as you claim, the people on food stamps would be decreasing and we would have less people out of work. The ecomony shrunk the last quarter. So that blows a hold in your numbers. Face it barney you're wrong and numbers don't lie.
Among the sectors adding the most jobs in February were construction, which hired 48,000 people; health care, which added 32,000 people; and the retail sector, which added nearly 24,000. Temporary services payrolls grew by 16,000, possibly a leading indicator for future hiring. The motion-picture industry added 20,800 jobs.
Now tell me again, what you told me in that second sentance in the above post.
You boys remind me of The Apple Dumpling Gang.
Without a tennis ball or a stick to throw and watch you chase, I'll answer your pointless question to amuse myself. Nothing you post pertains truthfully to Obama wasting tax payers money. It is impossible for liberals to deal truthfully with the reality of Obama or the wasting tax payers money. The sequester proved that but from your posts, it's obvious that a simpleton such as yourself is incapable of realizing that.

SE Michigan

#23673 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I am heavily invested in the Stock Market and to be honest with you I am starting to worry. I see a 2000 point minimum correction on the horizon. As long as interest rates are low and Bernanke is printing money I will make money. It's that sudden one day shift that I am worried about..
It could happen. I'd say now is a good time to cash it in (or part of it) if you're worried, AND as long as it won't hurt financially. If you have a ROTH, and have had it for more than five years, it can be tapped into without penalties or taxes.

It is SO tempting to pull some out now and pay off some of my debts, but I'm afraid of doing that at this point. I don't want to lose the eventual growth I'll get if I take it out.

SE Michigan

#23674 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you two should get a room! LOL!
LOL! Very funny! You are so funny, I can hardly contain myself. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha He He He He He He He Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho!!!!

SE Michigan

#23675 Mar 13, 2013
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Yes indeed. there is a ready cash market for guns & ammo. Ive got enough to last me. Just yesterday while rummaging in a closet I stumbled on a box of 100 12 guage shotgun shell,s I bought two years ago and forgot about having them. I wish I had more 44 mag ammo for my Ruger blackhawk handgun. many years ago I bought dozens of those sardine cans of 1000 rounds of 7.62x 39 shells. they work in a SKS or Ak47. I could really turn a huge profit selling them.
I found someone who buys old albums and 45's. I'm considering selling all my albums. I don't play them any more and they just collect dust and take up space. He pays extra for Bealtes stuff, so I might even sell my Beatles collection. Unfortunatley, they have all been used, and used bigtime! They aren't in pristine condition.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#23676 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
It could happen. I'd say now is a good time to cash it in (or part of it) if you're worried, AND as long as it won't hurt financially. If you have a ROTH, and have had it for more than five years, it can be tapped into without penalties or taxes.
It is SO tempting to pull some out now and pay off some of my debts, but I'm afraid of doing that at this point. I don't want to lose the eventual growth I'll get if I take it out.
I have never had a ROTH. I pay my tax when I withdraw..

Location hidden

#23678 Mar 13, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I am heavily invested in the Stock Market and to be honest with you I am starting to worry. I see a 2000 point minimum correction on the horizon. As long as interest rates are low and Bernanke is printing money I will make money. It's that sudden one day shift that I am worried about..
Are saying due to "Bernanke printing money" the dollar is weak and that is why the stock market is doing well?

Location hidden

#23680 Mar 13, 2013
Way wiser than barney wrote:
<quoted text>No barney the reason why the stock market is on a high is because ben is printing money and pumping all that printed money into the stock market and when ben stops printing the stock market will drop like a rock. If you think it won't then you are kidding yourself.
Is that right ?
number one voter

Ashburn, VA

#23682 Mar 13, 2013
I vote every day thanks to them there democrats that handed out the back door special voter pass!

Location hidden

#23683 Mar 13, 2013
Way wiser than barney wrote:
<quoted text>Well barney you tell me you always seem to have the answers. Yes barney ben is printing away otherwise it wouldn't be that high. You can believe what you want but that's what is going on. People and business ain't spending right now. They are worried what around the bend with obamacare. They sure ain't got the money to blow on the stock market.
Is that right?

SE Michigan

#23684 Mar 14, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I have never had a ROTH. I pay my tax when I withdraw..
Taxes are already paid on a ROTH. Whatever it grows to is yours to keep....ALL of it! But you have to have "earned income" to contribute to it and you can't put any more that $5000 a year in it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Work needed for Christmas 1 hr positive 8
Odie and Keith Summers (Apr '10) 2 hr anonymous 47
Imperial Theater (Aug '12) 2 hr completely_unknown 145
kadem lee ray 5 hr Catching Up 6
christmas party 8 hr Guest 3
that Haley at Wendy's is awesome she's the best 10 hr true 3
I must be obsolete 13 hr Guest 2
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:09 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:09PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
NBC Sports 4:55 AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars