|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I pretty much wiped the coyotes off of my place also. There are still so many more to harvest around here.
Harvest? Really? You call killing an animal "harvesting?" Why not call it what it is? Does the real word bother you?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats still have control of the Senate and have not passed a budget in years! Enjoy it..
There you go again talking crap you have heard on Fox, that you do not have a clue what it even means.
1.Normalization of the filibuster has effectively eliminated any reason for a Senate majority to adopt a budget.
2.A budget has no real legal authority.
3.It is not a law.
4.The budgets approved by the different Houses of Congress are basically just statements of intent. It is mostly just a declaration of what the majority wants to do.
5. While a budget is not subject to a filibuster basically every bill is. The Senate majority could approve a budget but thanks to the filibuster being used to create a de facto 60 vote threshold, the majority is unable to even get any bills based on its budget out of the Senate.
6.There is no point in creating a legislative blueprint when you lack the ability to turn those plans into action. The routine use of the filibuster has eliminated any logic for a Senate majority approving budget.
"But in today’s contentious political climate the filibuster has been used in record numbers (nearly 400 times in the 112th Congress) to block votes and debate, and the requirement for 60 votes to end a filibuster has proved virtually insurmountable"

I think you need to go batting practice big boy.

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Trespassing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you trespass? like to kill all the wild life?
You might be 100% right about when coyote numbers increased . Where I am at they howl every night.
Even I might try to legally trap coyotes some next year.
We have red foxes that don't cause much damage so I leave them a lone , possums are a different story and they really are big chicken killers.
some info you might enjoy
even though it might not be 1005 factually correct
Coyote
(Canis latrans)
In Arkansas, the coyote originally was found in the more open areas of western Arkansas. But with
changing agricultural practices, such as clearing of timberlands and creation of more open lands, the
coyote extended its range to the central part of the state by the early 1950s and over the entire state by
the early 1960s. Presently, coyotes are common in every Arkansas county, but are an underused resource.
Coyotes can be beneficial,since they consume large numbers of rodents, scavenge for dead animals and remove crippled and diseased deer
from the deer herd.
Coyotes are controversial, since they sometimes prey upon game animals and domestic animals, such as
cats, dogs and occasionally
upon poultry and other
livestock
. However, proper animal husbandry
measures can control most depredation problems.
Bowhunter observation data provides some modest support for the popular perception that coyote
populations are increasing in the state, however, the large amount
of annual variation in observation
rates and relatively short time frame over which the survey has been conducted make
such
determinations difficult
. However, it is clear that recreational harvest, aided by very liberal hunting,trapping and nuisance wildlife control regulations, is not reducing
coyote populations on a statewide level. Coyote control can only realistically be achieved on a local scale, and only then if a significant effort is made on a sustained basis.
How do you conclude that Churm trespasses by that post? Just sayin'.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you conclude that Churm trespasses by that post? Just sayin'.
How do you "conclude" he/she arrived at that conclusion, from that post?

My guess would be the poster was referring to numerous post.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
MY God, Dude!! You share this land with all kinds of WONDERFUL creatures, each having a different purpose and filling their own unique niche! The beaver is just one of them. I wouldn't kill that animal if Icould get $15 million for the tail! Have you no morals?
We do share this land with all sorts of wonderful creatures. We have dominion over all of them and can kill them if we please. Do I agree with things like wiping out a specific animal such as whales because there is profit to be made? No. We have dominion but we also have a responsibility to allow all animals to continue to serve our needs and that means not hunting them to extinction. Killing animals isn't immoral even if it's done to keep them from causing problems on a person's own private property.
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Harvest? Really? You call killing an animal "harvesting?" Why not call it what it is? Does the real word bother you?
Does saying the animals were harvested bother you? The animal is dead either way.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Trespassing wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be 100% right about when coyote numbers increased . Where I am at they howl every night.
We have red foxes that don't cause much damage so I leave them a lone , possums are a different story and they really are big chicken killers.
The sound of coyotes howling at night is timeless. It's like the tremolo of a loon on a still northern lake in summer. Or the distant echo of an Ivory-billed Woodpecker drumming in the vast bottomland hardwood forests of the south two hundred years ago.

Too bad we may not be able to save the woodpecker. How lucky we are to still have loons, and coyotes, and beavers, and opossums......

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't defend what Churm does, but I am intellectually honest enough to know what's right and what's wrong. I don't think you can find "numerous posts" of Churm admitting to trespassing to kill animals. To steal gas, maybe, but not to kill animals. But then he can speak for himself on that issue.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
We do share this land with all sorts of wonderful creatures. We have dominion over all of them and can kill them if we please. Do I agree with things like wiping out a specific animal such as whales because there is profit to be made? No. We have dominion but we also have a responsibility to allow all animals to continue to serve our needs and that means not hunting them to extinction. Killing animals isn't immoral even if it's done to keep them from causing problems on a person's own private property.
"We have dominion over all of them and can kill them if we please."
That's flawed logic and a strange definition of the word dominion.
If every human in the country decided they had a right to kill a beaver just because they have dominion, there would be no more beavers!

We have a right and a responsibility to use AND conserve our resources! Not to abuse and exploit them.
curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Trespassing wrote:
<quoted text>
some info you might enjoy
even though it might not be 1005 factually correct
Coyote
(Canis latrans)
In Arkansas, the coyote originally was found in the more open areas of western Arkansas. But with
changing agricultural practices, such as clearing of timberlands and creation of more open lands, the
coyote extended its range to the central part of the state by the early 1950s and over the entire state by
the early 1960s. Presently, coyotes are common in every Arkansas county, but are an underused resource.
Coyotes can be beneficial,since they consume large numbers of rodents, scavenge for dead animals and remove crippled and diseased deer
from the deer herd.
Coyotes are controversial, since they sometimes prey upon game animals and domestic animals, such as
cats, dogs and occasionally
upon poultry and other
livestock
. However, proper animal husbandry
measures can control most depredation problems.
Bowhunter observation data provides some modest support for the popular perception that coyote
populations are increasing in the state, however, the large amount
of annual variation in observation
rates and relatively short time frame over which the survey has been conducted make
such
determinations difficult
. However, it is clear that recreational harvest, aided by very liberal hunting,trapping and nuisance wildlife control regulations, is not reducing
coyote populations on a statewide level. Coyote control can only realistically be achieved on a local scale, and only then if a significant effort is made on a sustained basis.
How did you get that I tresspass to kill wildlife? observing where a beaver chews on a tree from the state highway isnt tresspassing!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
im·mor·al
[ih-mawr-uhl, ih-mor-] Show IPA

adjective
violating moral principles; not conforming to the patterns of conduct usually accepted or established as consistent with principles of personal and social ethics.

By definition,it can be and more than likely is immoral to that poster.
curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
MY God, Dude!! You share this land with all kinds of WONDERFUL creatures, each having a different purpose and filling their own unique niche! The beaver is just one of them. I wouldn't kill that animal if Icould get $15 million for the tail! Have you no morals?
Beavers damage and kill trees. clog streams and cause erosion. There plentiful thats why there is a bounty on them. The one tree that I just obsereved being chewed on is a big 14 inch diameter cherry tree. The landowner has a cable attched to it for his water gate that keeps his livestock from the highway. He dont want that tree killed. I called him and we just finished setting some beaver traps. I made a new friend I knew his name and who his people are but Ive never talked to him before today. He is a young family man and works nite shift. He drives 60 miles one way to work.
Reality Check

Monticello, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"We have dominion over all of them and can kill them if we please."
That's flawed logic and a strange definition of the word dominion.
If every human in the country decided they had a right to kill a beaver just because they have dominion, there would be no more beavers!
We have a right and a responsibility to use AND conserve our resources! Not to abuse and exploit them.
Everyone who has seen a beaver has an opportunity to kill it. There are still beavers around so everyone hasn't and won't decide to kill a beaver or any other animal for that matter simply for the sake of dominion. Talk about flawed logic. At least try to speak in the context of actual situations and not hypothetical ones.
curmudgeon

Calico Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
and your full of shit. You cant find a single post where I stated I tresspass. And yep raptor is correct in my younger days I distilled well head gas that wasnt mine. When it was freezing cold I would put out the flame on a oil well. Then hook a long garden hose to that outlet the gas would condense in the hose and fill a 55 gal barrell. My thinking was it was just being wasted by the oil company. they didnt want it nothing wrong with me getting it. It was wrong and I shouldnt have been a gas thief. I knew better and didnt really have a valid excuse. As high a gas is getting its tempting to do it again. Man I just hate to see those flames burning and all that gas being wasted. And its contributing to glowbull warming LOL.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again talking crap you have heard on Fox, that you do not have a clue what it even means.
1.Normalization of the filibuster has effectively eliminated any reason for a Senate majority to adopt a budget.
2.A budget has no real legal authority.
3.It is not a law.
4.The budgets approved by the different Houses of Congress are basically just statements of intent. It is mostly just a declaration of what the majority wants to do.
5. While a budget is not subject to a filibuster basically every bill is. The Senate majority could approve a budget but thanks to the filibuster being used to create a de facto 60 vote threshold, the majority is unable to even get any bills based on its budget out of the Senate.
6.There is no point in creating a legislative blueprint when you lack the ability to turn those plans into action. The routine use of the filibuster has eliminated any logic for a Senate majority approving budget.
"But in today’s contentious political climate the filibuster has been used in record numbers (nearly 400 times in the 112th Congress) to block votes and debate, and the requirement for 60 votes to end a filibuster has proved virtually insurmountable"
I think you need to go batting practice big boy.
You couldn't carry my JOCK STRAP in Salem. Tell me a little bit about this Fox you watch?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_fe...
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

<quoted text>
I harvest, I kill, I murder, I slaughter, I usually knock down those mangy ugly mutts in one shot. They call me one shot, one kill WARRIOR! If you hit them right through both lungs they make a loud crying noise and then drop to the ground. You very seldom have them run off too far where you have to track them. I have been using a new semi automatic rifle a Sig 556 that allows me to take more at one time when they are running in their packs.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who has seen a beaver has an opportunity to kill it. There are still beavers around so everyone hasn't and won't decide to kill a beaver or any other animal for that matter simply for the sake of dominion. Talk about flawed logic. At least try to speak in the context of actual situations and not hypothetical ones.
She's a woman, she gets all emotional in her thinking. The sky is always falling on her beloved animals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't carry my JOCK STRAP in Salem. Tell me a little bit about this Fox you watch?
I would not have any problem carrying one half of a peanut shell on a thread, AKA your JOCK STRAP, in Salem or any where else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>You couldn't carry my JOCK STRAP in Salem. Tell me a little bit about this Fox you watch?
With those responses, I would say you are lacking the body parts that need a Jock strap.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not have any problem carrying one half of a peanut shell on a thread, AKA your JOCK STRAP, in Salem or any where else.
I know because you never had any problems carrying both of them on your chin!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,461 - 21,480 of28,739
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
imperial theater 24 min Joe 2
slander 1 hr guest 4
gary johnson in a wreck????? 1 hr yep 8
snitches 7 hr theoneandonly 31
Kristy Davisand Kendal Davis 7 hr Kristy is good 4
Family Auto Group Pocahontas Arkansas Next To B... 7 hr Car salesman 13
mill creek gardens cute guy 8 hr a friend 19
•••
•••