Did you vote today?

Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

6,407 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#21644 Feb 7, 2013
Blue Statesman wrote:
<quoted text>
We now face Iraq today, and matters could not be worse. Anna Mulrine of the Christian Science Monitor reports "Violence in Iraq from July to October hit its highest level in two years, a discouraging sign one year after the last US military vehicles exited the country and prompts questions about whether the situation on the ground in Iraq jeopardizes America's national security interests." Deaths and injuries to civilians are rising. The government of Nouri al-Maliki, which the U.S. helped to install, is in turmoil.
"The levels of violence there are still extremely high -- and lethal," says Nora Bensahel, senior fellow at the Center for a New American Security (CNAS), who notes that more people are dying in Iraq today than in Afghanistan, where America's war is ongoing.
Ostensibly, Bensahel concludes, "It's clear that the [Iraqi] security forces [are] strong enough to be able to hold together and maintain certain levels of capabilities." Serious questions can be asked of that assessment to the extent Bensahel may be deluding herself. That would appear to be so. From July to October 2012, 854 civilians were killed and 1,640 were wounded. Is that success?
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Iraq-Today-b...
Then why did Obama pullout?
Two sides

Tucker, GA

#21645 Feb 7, 2013
Nope. The next election is a long way off. Talk about a reach!
Blue Statesman

United States

#21646 Feb 7, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did Obama pullout?
Over extended military, money, politics, unjust war to start with,

all the above

for starters.

Blue Statesman

Ash Flat, AR

#21647 Feb 7, 2013
Look wrote:
<quoted text>SIMPLE!!were you part of the BUSH intelegence team,no how could you possible say he lied,simple again,you wanted to lie again saying something and making it true just ended,i'm on the seen.
Congressmen Henry A. Waxman, who approved Bush's war initiative, expessed concern that such a mishap could have occurred.'It is hard to imagine how this situation could have developed,' he stated in a letter to the President.'The two most obvious explanations — knowing deception or unfathomable incompetence — both have immediate and serious implications.' Waxman added,'These facts raise troubling questions. It appears that at the same time you, Secretary Rumsfeld, and State Department officials were citing Iraq's efforts to obtain uranium from Africa as a crucial part of the case against Iraq, U.S. intelligence officials regarded this very same evidence as unreliable. If true, this is deeply disturbing: it would mean that your Administration asked the U.N. Security Council, the Congress, and the American people to rely on information that your own experts knew was not credible
FACT

Ash Flat, AR

#21648 Feb 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, anyone who says what you posted, especially about Bush knowing it was a lie, is either a liar themselves or just completely ignorant. In other words, you "Blue Statesman/BARNEYII are either a liar or a sucker. Today, it's both, you know what you are saying is a lie but you want to believe it to be true because you've been indoctrinated to hate Bush so much that you don't even know why you hate him.
"You can't change facts."
You do it all of the time.
The yellowcake removed from Iraq - which was not the same yellowcake that President George W. Bush claimed, in a now discredited section of his 2003 State of the Union address, that Saddam was trying to purchase in Africa -

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/world/afric...
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#21650 Feb 7, 2013
Look wrote:
<quoted text>Helping a car company is not helping you or me and before long you will be driving cars made there not here,its just more jobs out of the U.S. however if any company needs to be put out of business it ours,it will be like you moving to another country we wont have to take goverment money to support them and they are out of Obama care,the hold idea to start with for chrysler,they are not American owned and would like to get rid of labor laws and all of the drunks and pot smokers you we shown on the news.
Letting a major car company like Chrysler would hurt the economy. You do not think that by them shuting down 52,000 imediate jobs would not stun the economy followed by other businesses counting on those incomes as well? Those jobs would have never been created here in the U.S. in the first place, are you people really that dense? China would not buy from Chrysler because of the cost to build and ship the vehicles to their country, hence no jobs to be created. So, Chrysler is now buying a factory and employing Chinese laborers to make Chinese cars for U.S. based Chrysler's profit, get it? We are not going to buy chinese made chryslers, as if it was to high for China to buy and ship then it will be to high for us to buy and ship and defeating the purpose anyways. Chrysler will also continue to make models only available in the U.S. that will help the company with overseas orders. I do not know how you cannot say that this does not help the economy or company. When Chrysler makes more they pay more and that helps everyone.
dont know nothin

Benton City, WA

#21651 Feb 7, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>For starter you are a socialist. Let's get something straight i'm all for killing terroist but what i'm against is the president to have unlimited power to use drones to kill innocent americans without evidence on U S soil. You don't know this president because the media refuses to do their job. I guess you ok with him killing people like beck, hannity, o'reilly or anyone that speaks out against him. As far as the tea party is concerned you called them racials do you not get their name taxed enough already. They are good hard working people that are sick of the government getting bigger and taking over. You really need to learn what the word radical means. A radical group for example is the black panthers. But i'm betting you are all for them. What about the kkk you for them too. I hope neither. Your a socialist, I'm an american conservtive. For you information most the time i vote republican have voted for democrats. It really depends who is best for the job. most republicans are good people and there is some good democrats, but most are for obama's agenda and that ain't good. I've decided i ain't wasting no more time on you because socialist always think that they are right and won't listen to reason. The only thing i hear coming out of your mouth is criticism. you never agree with anybody. You really ain't worth my time and you are even making barney look smarter. Bye bye have a nice obama controlled life.
In your words what exactly is a socialist to you? What innocent Americans? If you are harboring with Al Qaeda you sir are no American and lose all rights to due process. Do you think the U.S. Government is really just going to go around killing innocent Americans stateside with no evidence? What kind of wacko are you? I called the Tea party radicals not "racials", but please "continue governor". TEA party radicals just that "radicals". Even the conservative base of the Republican party is starting to denounce their names. You are right though I am for neither the panthers or kkk. What is an "American conservative" to you? So you are an Independant? I listen to everyones point of view but only very few are common sense.
Look

Cherokee Village, AR

#21652 Feb 8, 2013
dont know nothin wrote:
<quoted text>In your words what exactly is a socialist to you? What innocent Americans? If you are harboring with Al Qaeda you sir are no American and lose all rights to due process. Do you think the U.S. Government is really just going to go around killing innocent Americans stateside with no evidence? What kind of wacko are you? I called the Tea party radicals not "racials", but please "continue governor". TEA party radicals just that "radicals". Even the conservative base of the Republican party is starting to denounce their names. You are right though I am for neither the panthers or kkk. What is an "American conservative" to you? So you are an Independant? I listen to everyones point of view but only very few are common sense.
Al Qaeda!! Al Qaeda are you crazy?Obama has made friends with them,they are his brothers and he will not refer to them as terrorist any more,we were under the impression there was no more Al Qaeda now you say there is?
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

#21653 Feb 8, 2013
Look wrote:
<quoted text>SIMPLE!!were you part of the BUSH intelegence team,no how could you possible say he lied,simple again,you wanted to lie again saying something and making it true just ended,i'm on the seen.
Quit making yourself look even more stupid than you are.
guest

United States

#21655 Feb 8, 2013
FACT wrote:
<quoted text>
The yellowcake removed from Iraq - which was not the same yellowcake that President George W. Bush claimed, in a now discredited section of his 2003 State of the Union address, that Saddam was trying to purchase in Africa -
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/07/world/afric...
Thanks for proving my point, again, Barn...
American citizen

Lockhart, TX

#21657 Feb 8, 2013
Voted today
FACT

Ash Flat, AR

#21658 Feb 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for proving my point, again, Barn...
And just what point would that be?

Seriously, what is your point?

Do you even have any idea of the point of that post?
guest

United States

#21659 Feb 8, 2013
FACT wrote:
<quoted text>
And just what point would that be?
Seriously, what is your point?
Do you even have any idea of the point of that post?
Your inability to comprehend is your own problem.

Since: Dec 10

Kansas City Ks.

#21660 Feb 8, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit making yourself look even more stupid than you are.
Now he says he will not post anymore.

Guess he took your advice.
FACT

Ash Flat, AR

#21661 Feb 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Your inability to comprehend is your own problem.
Your inability to explain your meaning, or more likely your lack
of backbone to back up what you say, definitely deters my ability to comprehend your point
guest

United States

#21662 Feb 8, 2013
FACT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to explain your meaning, or more likely your lack
of backbone to back up what you say, definitely deters my ability to comprehend your point
Like I said, that's your problem. Thanks, again, for proving my point.
guest

United States

#21663 Feb 8, 2013
FACT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your inability to explain your meaning, or more likely your lack
of backbone to back up what you say, definitely deters my ability to comprehend your point
Sorry I didn't dummy it down enough for you... Sometimes I forget that liberals like you need to have everything spoon fed to you and can't, nor want, to figure things out by yourself.
FACT

Ash Flat, AR

#21664 Feb 8, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I didn't dummy it down enough for you... Sometimes I forget that liberals like you need to have everything spoon fed to you and can't, nor want, to figure things out by yourself.
Obviously you lack the ability to explain your self.

You attempting to talk down to me with the comments above shows a lack of ability to defend your position.

You see it is much easier for folks like you display a subjective opinion, than to explain to me why you believe what Fox news tells you to believe.

You may not be that ignorant, but you sure have not put forth any effort to dispel that theory.:)
Barnyard

Jonesboro, AR

#21665 Feb 8, 2013
FACT wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you lack the ability to explain your self.
You attempting to talk down to me with the comments above shows a lack of ability to defend your position.
You see it is much easier for folks like you display a subjective opinion, than to explain to me why you believe what Fox news tells you to believe.
You may not be that ignorant, but you sure have not put forth any effort to dispel that theory.:)
His failure to debate with an idiot shows his lack of ignorance.
Hmmm

Little Rock, AR

#21666 Feb 8, 2013
Way wiser than DKN wrote:
<quoted text>I am a christian and not ashame of my beliefs, but the one thing i have learned about this forum. If the country would follow what the bible preaches this nation would be better off. I will say it again if you believe as the president, then you are a socialist. He's says he's a christian but his actions say other wise, and he's a socialist. And if you believe in his agenda you are a socialist. Do you not understand he wants the government to control all of us and obamacare is proof of it. If you want to critize me more for my beliefs. Fine i've listen to yours and you make no sense and find somebody else to talk too. Maybe you and barney could talk each other ya'll have alot of the same ideas and he will listen to you and agree.
Not criticizing your beliefs, we all have them, but being a Christian and practicing what one preaches seem to be two completely different things to many of you. Faith is not the sole property of you or anybody else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fantasha rutledge (Feb '13) 1 hr User name 33
Mental Health Therapists 4 hr licensetopractice 9
taco casa 14 hr Doris 6
Rebecca perkins 15 hr guest 1
Mad 19 hr True 10
Mikey 22 hr Ashley O 11
Hot guys at Peco Sat Peco blue smock 7

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages