Clay Electricity rates
RONNIE

Bexar, AR

#1 Jan 13, 2014
Do you know that the rates are over twice as high as some others in Arkansas?
No wonder they are afraid of putting the rate charged per kilowatt hour.
I f you ever wondered why big industries won't come to Pocahontas just ask this farce of an electric Coop.
dont expect an answer

Bexar, AR

#2 Jan 13, 2014
The High electric rates were one of the MAJOR reasons for the loss of manufacturing jobs. When Waterloo left because of high rates and told the coop point blank that the rates were too high and that they would close,the coop did a stupid thing .
They need to fire the management and someone needs to run against the rubber stamp board that are mostly interested in $$ for sitting there and doing nothing
Fo Show

Bexar, AR

#3 Jan 13, 2014
rlington, VA, June 25, 2013 — Jo Ann Emerson, CEO of the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), made the following statement today in response to the President’s proposal that will raise electric utility bills for millions of Americans:

“Electric cooperatives oppose President Obama’s proposal to use the Clean Air Act to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants. America’s rural communities depend on coal-fired generation for affordable electric power and would be disproportionately penalized by this scheme. Folks in rural communities and those with low or fixed incomes already spend more of their household budget on energy; this proposal would increase their burden. The President’s proposal would be, in effect, a regressive new climate tax on America’s most economically vulnerable citizens.

NRECA and America’s electric cooperatives will fight this proposal at the agency level and in the courts if necessary. If the President doesn’t recognize the need to keep electric bills affordable, we promise to bring it to his attention.”

The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association is the national service organization that represents the nation’s more than 900 private, not-for-profit, consumer-owned electric cooperatives, which provide service to 42 million people in 47 states.
Two Things

Austin, TX

#4 Jan 13, 2014
Remember two things. Not all Clay County employees are bad and the FOIA is your friend. Request the directors 1099's and tell us what you think about that.
Fo Show

Bexar, AR

#5 Jan 13, 2014
Two Things wrote:
Remember two things. Not all Clay County employees are bad and the FOIA is your friend. Request the directors 1099's and tell us what you think about that.
yes those directors are overpaid, the employees not so!
Ray

Pineville, AR

#6 Jan 13, 2014
They outsourced the billing and calls and like to spent a couple weeks a year in Hawaii ever year. Also they have the "big" picnic in the hottest part of summer to elect the leader and the only people that show are the free loaders wanting a stale hotdog and a chance to win a tv so the elections are a joke.And YES the directors are overpaid and the workers are underpaid. CC electric has some fine workers, good people, and yet the directors are as sorry as they come, self serving, out for themselves. Too many Chief's and not enough Indians. Its our COOP yet people are too lazy to make a stand, people sell out cheap a stale hotdog and a nasty drink and they just nod like sheep to whatever the directors want. A good audit would make folks $hit their pants. Wonder how many electric poles FEMA paid to be replaced that only had their date tag changed?????
Answer the Questions

Jonesboro, AR

#8 Jan 17, 2014
You need to contact Mr.Charles Regan of Pocahontas, he is one of the main people that is on the Clay County Board. He would help you or explain why. Has a used cars dealership beside Sears East Side Pocahontas. Good-Luck.

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Jan 18, 2014
Do you mean "Charles Raglin" ? He sure is very helpful ask the feds!

Mountain Home, AR

#10 Jan 18, 2014
Guest wrote:
Do you mean "Charles Raglin" ? He sure is very helpful ask the feds!
and a good honest car dealer too im sure ;)
Not likin the bill

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#11 Jan 18, 2014
I have an all electric home. But still its petty good that in the 3 bad months of winter, my electric bill from Clay County is bout 100 dollars more than the house payment!!! m needing some relief here

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Jan 19, 2014
The answer is real simple, when they have the elections during the "picnic" vote the scumbags out, get new people in. Same old people equal same old sh*t!

Forrest City, AR

#14 Jan 19, 2014
Who is up for election and how does the "picnic" work?
Jealous

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#15 Jan 27, 2014
Guest wrote:
Who is up for election and how does the "picnic" work?
They nominate the same asses each time so they control the election , the only way to change things is to go in mass and nominate an outsider to change things.

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Feb 3, 2014
RONNIE wrote:
Do you know that the rates are over twice as high as some others in Arkansas?
No wonder they are afraid of putting the rate charged per kilowatt hour.
I f you ever wondered why big industries won't come to Pocahontas just ask this farce of an electric Coop.
they clutter up the bill to throw you off the true cost per kilowatt hr.
they charge appr 25% more than entergy.
those little checks they sent back were because the govt said they
were charging too much years ago. still are,
I did the math

Mountain Home, AR

#17 Feb 5, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
they clutter up the bill to throw you off the true cost per kilowatt hr.
they charge appr 25% more than entergy.
those little checks they sent back were because the govt said they
were charging too much years ago. still are,
For the basic energy cost that does not include all those added taxes
Clay electric ,01768 per kilowatt hour
Entergy .01302 per kilowatt hour
so just on the basic charge for electricity entergy is 31% cheaper!
Also the customer charge for entergy is$15.04 while Clay electric is 17.50
Since I have differnt properties that are just a few miles apart , I have to wonder why this member owned coop that never has paid me a dividend is so much higher.
If I was building a business that was going to be using a lot of electrical power I would not be in CLAY ELECTRICs service area.
and

Mountain Home, AR

#18 Feb 5, 2014
propane prices have gone nuts.

their big tanks filled with cheaper summer product and they stick it to us because they can.

time to switch. who has the best prices right now?
DE CLERK

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Feb 6, 2014
and wrote:
propane prices have gone nuts.
their big tanks filled with cheaper summer product and they stick it to us because they can.
time to switch. who has the best prices right now?
I HAVE BEEN USING DE CLERK AND HAVE A BIG 1000 GALLON tank, I fill it in the Summer and ask the companies to do a price match.
If you ask De Clerk will match the price.
If you don't like the locals you can always try American and enjoy being totally ripped off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's ok Darrah because Seth cheats too 3 hr Seth 5
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 hr Reality Check 37,469
New apartmens 7 hr just me 9
Tobacco Superstore guy 7 hr Xnxx14 1
David hart and mike skeet 11 hr guest 14
dexter yancy (Sep '09) 12 hr wow 27
christy terry nathan 16 hr Joe smith 3

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance