How much does a sheriff make per year?
somewhere

Melbourne, AR

#2 Mar 25, 2010
around 45 thousand
Slingshot

Charleston, WV

#3 Mar 25, 2010
I'm still mad about the way the under age drinking party was handled.No one was charged, & a law officer was fired over it. Just ai'nt right.
yep

Russellville, AR

#4 Mar 25, 2010
Slingshot wrote:
I'm still mad about the way the under age drinking party was handled.No one was charged, & a law officer was fired over it. Just ai'nt right.
Exactly - that's why I'm voting more against Tribble than for his opponents.
MY OPINION

Ash Flat, AR

#5 Mar 25, 2010
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly - that's why I'm voting more against Tribble than for his opponents.
yep yep, you are right..alot of people are voting that way!

Cherokee Village, AR

#6 Mar 25, 2010
Slingshot wrote:
I bet if Ms. Jones gets into office you will have alot more things to be mad about with her. I think it would be good for the two to have a public debate, I have a feeling we would see who really would be the best sheriff of the two.
yep

Russellville, AR

#7 Mar 25, 2010
or maybe someone else will step up to run
really

Ash Flat, AR

#8 Mar 26, 2010
somewhere wrote:
around 45 thousand
link? i thought maybe 35-38k?
not

Ash Flat, AR

#9 Mar 26, 2010
really wrote:
<quoted text>link? i thought maybe 35-38k?
you be wrong!
seek

Ash Flat, AR

#10 Mar 26, 2010
really wrote:
<quoted text>link? i thought maybe 35-38k?
go to the county clerk's office and ask for the sheriff's dept budget. there is a survey link that has been given on here before for all 75 counties and what their elected officials made in april 2008, that where i got the info .
Wolfgang

Little Elm, TX

#11 Mar 26, 2010
Slingshot wrote:
I understand Slingshot you are still upset, but when it boils down to the nut cutting, our Arkansas Supreme Court is to blame for this! Because of a thug who had a little money and decided to take his case all the way to the top, WE end up with rules and laws that doesn't protect the citizens nor the officers. Fact of the matter is, Grooms violated those kids civil rights and made an unlawful entry and because of the kids (last names and all)they had the money to take this all the way to the top if need be (and cost us tax payers a lot of money). Grooms had great intentions, he just went about it the wrong way and violated the law himself. Sad as it may be and I too hate it! It would be like an officer barging into your house without a warrant and arresting everyone inside (whether they were doing anything wrong or not). When you barge in a place and yell "put the cups down", you then cannot connect which alcohol belonged to which kid (even though it's there). Trust me, I have researched this through and through, I have read everything I can find on the internet and library that I can come up with, I have talked to our Attorney General reps to see what I could find out and as I said, the intentions were great, he just went about it the wrong way. I feel sorry for him because he was trying to do the right thing and got impatient and messed up. I was with you pounding the table that he was screwed until I read up on everything and spoke to people in the AG's office. I just can't stand the fact that thugs have more rights than good, decent, hard-working, honest folks.
well

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Mar 26, 2010
not wrote:
<quoted text> you be wrong!
darn, first time this week. anyone got the link? thanks.
well

Mountain Home, AR

#13 Mar 26, 2010
well wrote:
<quoted text>darn, first time this week. anyone got the link? thanks.
found one. 46k. time gets away, it's come up last few years.

http://www.arcounties.org/publications/

page 56 7 dispatchers?
http://www.arcounties.org/userfiles/File/Publ...
no new tax

Evening Shade, AR

#14 Mar 26, 2010
well wrote:
<quoted text>found one. 46k. time gets away, it's come up last few years.
http://www.arcounties.org/publications/
page 56 7 dispatchers?
http://www.arcounties.org/userfiles/File/Publ...
OH MY!! i feel like i have been lied to ! i have read the survey in 2008 and now this one and EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL RECEIVED A PAY RAISE! maybe they didn't in 2010?...you need to put this link on the tax increase thread ! ASAP if the tax passes county general will receive another 300 thousand a year which means another big pay raise !

Jacksonville, AR

#15 Mar 26, 2010
Sir,

are you actually saying that when the dispatcher took the called from a concerned parent picking their child up BECAUSE THERE WERE ALCOHOL on the property no arrest could be made? are you saying no investagation could be made into WHO BOUGHT/PROVIDED THE ALCOHOL? according to the state constitution:
"An Overview of Arkansas Alcohol Laws"
It is illegal to purposely or accidentally give alcohol to someone under 21.
-
NO WHERE IN THE LAWS OF ARKANSAS ON ALCOHOL DOES ONE FIND THAT ONE MAY LEGALLY DRINK OR POSSESS ALCOHOL WHILE UNDER THE AGE OF 21.
Parents and other adults over 21 should know...
&#61608; Those who knowingly allow minors to consume alcohol on property which they control are subject to a:
&#61623; Class C misdemeanor the first time; a Class A misdemeanor the second time
&#61623; Class D felony the third time
It is against the law for a person under 21 to purchase alcohol or have alcohol in their possession.
officers from the sheriff's department were sent to that address with the complaint alcohol was at the teenage prom party. but no one was charged with any thing! everyone in randolph county may swallow this but reading the arkansas law on it will never make me believe that grooms was the only one that make a horrible mistake. i pray that it is not an innocent child and/or family that is killed because the sheriff could not find any reason to arrest and stop teenagers from drinking at their parties and so called parents and friends from providing it to them. randolph county is number one (1) in meth--alcohol will soon be the number one (1) killer of your teenagers also. once again money is more important than the lives of our children.
a few months back some of the local law officers did barge into the wrong house inside the city limits, nothing was done to those officers--are they above the law also?
people, get on line and look up the laws of the land--don't rely on the ones that are wanting your votes to read the laws to you, they don't know how to investigate (they evidently didn't go very far investigating the teenage drinking party or just far enough to satisfy the yes men on the quorun court) or they are too lazy so you check things out for yourself.
Fred

Salem, AR

#16 Mar 26, 2010
How does Ms Jones have any experience that would make her a sheriff? What are her qualification? I just don't see it.
cuffed and stuffed

Jonesboro, AR

#17 Mar 26, 2010
Fred wrote:
How does Ms Jones have any experience that would make her a sheriff? What are her qualification? I just don't see it.
i always wanted to screw a cop!
opinion

Cherokee Village, AR

#18 Mar 26, 2010
..."there were a lot of crimes committed that morning" i'm sure there were minors in posession, someone had to supply the house and someone had to supply the alcohol, but those things weren't investigated that night ( don brown)....where was all this EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION, we are suppost to have at the sheriff office?? make no mistake people are still asking questions about this, spin it any way you gary supporters want, some of us see it a little different!
tack master

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Mar 26, 2010
Im not hearing any support for many Incumbents in these races here. The old timers like myself know whats going on and know the Constitution is being violated by law makers, like in Washington, they are now making up the rules and laws as they go. The older generation know that our Constitution is being eroded daily by law makers and leaders even here on our local level, Some Officials just think they have power to punish who they want and make a scapegoat out of another.In some cases across our Nation the law enforcement now work for those higher ups and no longer keep that promise to be peace officers. Folks just vote the BUMS OUT and the ones without opponents like the judges and Prosecutors, get behind the new leaders elected and give support, and attend those meetings and call their offices and get their e mails and write them, Look at those salaries you are paying them to attend the best interest of you. Most of my generation is voting all incumbents out, we know whats happening and its time for history to rewrite itself, not law makers to write the rules. A tea party rally is coming soon and is happening now near you, attend and voice your concerns. VOTE INCUMBENTS OUT!
city cops

Aubrey, TX

#20 Mar 26, 2010
need to make changes with the city cops. they write tickets and act like they are better than everyone. Randy Mulligan keeps his camper at the park now in one of the best spots. I was told I could camp there two weeks but his camper has been there for several months. I wonder if he is paying the fees like everyone else? this is abuse, and needs to end. who do you check with about this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro For Sale 5 hr Wayne 33
News Randolph County residents plead with Peco to ke... 6 hr Poky will be better 22
"The wife" 20 hr Erica The Hotty 1
Sandy Burgess Nelson 20 hr shsh 3
Brooke Cato 22 hr Williwill 15
Chubby chaser's? Who are they? Mon Sonya 12
Shawn Davis (Apr '09) Mon just wondering 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages