Meat Market at Hamil??
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
City Girl turned Country

Mountain Home, AR

#1 Nov 5, 2008
Does anyone know anything about a meat market at Hamil??? Where is it?? Can you just go there and buy normal amounts of meat?
hwy 231 west

United States

#2 Nov 5, 2008
coming from Pocahontas turn rt. on Hamil Rd. and got to the end, turn rt. on Hwy. 231w and it is the first drive way on the rt.
meat

El Segundo, CA

#3 Nov 5, 2008
My husband and i just orderd half a hog from there, haven't gotten it yet but i know of other people who have gotten meat from there and they were very pleased

Sulphur Springs, TX

#4 Nov 5, 2008
I've had a deer processed there and purchased half a hog there. Very good. You have to either take what you want processed or you can purchase half a hog or quarter of a beef. VERY clean and professionally packaged. I've never seen anyone do a better job.
well

Defiance, MO

#5 Nov 5, 2008
how about prices?

is it mixed = ground, sliced, roasts?

??/lb pork

??/lb beef
Buffalo Gal

Pocahontas, AR

#6 Nov 7, 2008
We have had a couple of deer processed...and were really pleased with the results.
It's a very clean and well maintained facility.
The prices are reasonable. I don't have the info with me, but they have price sheets on the counter...along with samples of what they process.
You tell them if you want ground, sliced or roasts and that's how it's packaged.
It's great to be able to get good meat close to home again!
wondering

Daleville, AL

#7 Nov 8, 2008
is there a phone# to call? or does one just show up? I also heard there's a place in Warm Springs who bakes bread, cakes & pies. Anyone know about this place?
sam

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2008
The meat place is called kempf meat processing its is owned and operated by the men in knights <-if thats how you spell it. they are extremely friendly and clean and have reasonable prices. weve had 3 deer 1 hog and a steer done there they make wonderful summer sausage and have a very nice facility
mendonites

Terrell, TX

#9 Nov 8, 2008
its mendonites

“Dont drink the kool-aid”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#10 Nov 8, 2008
mendonites wrote:
its mendonites
Wrong again it is spelled Mennonites
Noticed You

Ozark, MO

#11 Nov 8, 2008
You know I've read a number of your posts now and you always seem to act holier than thou. To be new to the area, are you certain you're starting out on the right foot?
Noticed You

Ozark, MO

#12 Nov 8, 2008
Awww ... I've been judged. That's so sweet.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 9, 2008
Noticed You wrote:
You know I've read a number of your posts now and you always seem to act holier than thou. To be new to the area, are you certain you're starting out on the right foot?
I own my own business and have lived in the area for 5 years. I just moved into the city limits recently. I am not holier than thou. I just speak the truth and if I see someone that has been giving out false information I call them on it.
Noticed You

Ozark, MO

#14 Nov 9, 2008
I've lived in Pocahontas for about 50 years. Who do you thinks knows more about this town?

Location hidden

#15 Nov 9, 2008
Noticed You wrote:
I've lived in Pocahontas for about 50 years. Who do you thinks knows more about this town?
Would you like a cookie? You may know more about this town because you have not left and experienced anything else. But my point was the correct spelling.
sam

United States

#16 Nov 10, 2008
lol ah either way thanks for the spelling
Noticed You

Ozark, MO

#17 Nov 11, 2008
no need for names here wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you like a cookie? You may know more about this town because you have not left and experienced anything else. But my point was the correct spelling.
Hate to let you down, but I've lived and traveled abroad as well as living in other states. Go fly a kite jerk.
chow chow lee

Nixa, MO

#18 Feb 9, 2009
Noticed You wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to let you down, but I've lived and traveled abroad as well as living in other states. Go fly a kite jerk.
we own a small restaurant . they will not process a dog or cat, don't ask
meat man

Charleston, WV

#19 Jun 29, 2009
meat wrote:
My husband and i just orderd half a hog from there, haven't gotten it yet but i know of other people who have gotten meat from there and they were very pleased
WE HAVE HAD BEEF DONE THERE, REAL GOOD JOB,
we will go back.real clean place.
meat man

Charleston, WV

#20 Jun 29, 2009
no need for names here wrote:
<quoted text>
yell;;;;i have left this town before, and here we dont critised each other, if you dont like it,
mabe you should go back;;;;
this is a topix to help each other;
and take your COOKIE with you;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 51 min Mary Jane rotten ... 35,145
Interesting perspective for Topix lovers 1 hr Joe Pete 4
Thomas Hubert 3 hr DirtSandwich 14
artist Kinkade buyer ? 5 hr Lanagrace 1
House fire 8 hr yuppp 3
Homewreckers of Peco 14 hr Uh huh 22
Matt jansen (Aug '16) Tue Communitycumdumpster 15

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance