First Prev
of 3
Next Last
nosey

United States

#1 Jun 15, 2009
What the hell happen out there? If they didn't get enough drugs to charge him with intent to deliver ( paper wouldn't even say how much pot because it was such a little amount) then why the hell can they go into his house and take his money and years upon years worth of coin collection. The pocahontas police department is so ....ing stupid!!!!! I know keith ain't perfect but shit! That doesn't give them the right to take his coin collection. Since when can you buy drugs with change!
Clemente

United States

#2 Jun 15, 2009
Nosey, I think the same way. This guy is over 50 years of age, and even in grade school I can remember how he always saved his money. From what I know, he had an electric razor he bought in 1969, didn't use it and it was stored in a back room, in the original box and I saw it about 9 months ago. And I did see a few coin collections at that time, I know he had alot more.

The main thing here is probable cause. What was the specific thing they were looking for, when that judge, signed the warrant to search. What were they searching for? Was it dope? If so, how can they take a mans savings? If that warrant was signed for a specific thing, that thing is the only thing they can get. Or do they have a new type warrant called "Assumptional Search Warrant"?
dude

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jun 15, 2009
What did this 50 year old do for a living.... was it sell drugs? His parole officer can go to his house at any time. He can't sell meth and pot and not expect to get arrested. If you were at his house you must have been buying.
Miss Nobody

Geneva, AL

#4 Jun 19, 2009
Another thing that was interesting is that supposedly the name on the search warrant said Harry Keith Lane, which is his nephew's name, his name is Bryan Keith Lane. I may have that backwards, but either way, couldn't he get off on a technicality because the wrong name was on the arrest warrant? Also, he is on probation, but his probation officer is in Jonesboro, they say they didn't need a search warrant because he was on probation, but his probation officer wasnt present during the search.
easy to see

Bossier City, LA

#5 Jun 19, 2009
its clear that some bitch got busted and ran her mouth about him having some cash and whatever. who got busted the few weeks before that knows him? wonder if they had to sign their name like the snitches do?
amazing

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2009
Miss Nobody wrote:
Another thing that was interesting is that supposedly the name on the search warrant said Harry Keith Lane, which is his nephew's name, his name is Bryan Keith Lane. I may have that backwards, but either way, couldn't he get off on a technicality because the wrong name was on the arrest warrant? Also, he is on probation, but his probation officer is in Jonesboro, they say they didn't need a search warrant because he was on probation, but his probation officer wasnt present during the search.
Why would you want someone to get off because of a technicality? Guilty is as guilty does. Your PO doesn't have to be there for the search.
Miss Nobody

Clarksville, AR

#7 Jun 19, 2009
Well, all the guy had was a little bit of pot and a few guns, and they took 154,000 of his money. If they don't cross all their t's and dot their i's, that's what happens, things get thrown out of court if they aren't done correctly.

Amazing,if the cops busted your door down and all they found was a little bit of pot, do you think it would be all right for them to take every bit of money you had or your house even, because they thought it was bought with drug money?
Clemente

United States

#8 Jun 19, 2009
How do you know it said Harry Keith Lane on the search warrant? Is the search warrant public knowledge and is it posted in a newspaper or something?
Miss Nobody

Clarksville, AR

#9 Jun 19, 2009
easy to see wrote:
its clear that some bitch got busted and ran her mouth about him having some cash and whatever. who got busted the few weeks before that knows him? wonder if they had to sign their name like the snitches do?
There was a male/female couple that got busted a few weeks ago that was like their third or fourth time getting into trouble, and they were good friends of Keiths.

If it wasn't for a cop on the inside warning Keith several months ago he better lay low for awhile because county was out to get him, the cops might have found way more than they did.
Miss Nobody

Clarksville, AR

#10 Jun 19, 2009
Clemente wrote:
How do you know it said Harry Keith Lane on the search warrant? Is the search warrant public knowledge and is it posted in a newspaper or something?
I was told by someone who talked to Keith, they said Keith told him it was his nephews name on the search warrant, one is named Harry Keith Lane and the other is Bryan Keith Lane. The cops left a copy at Keith's house I think. I'm only repeating what I was told by a third party, so I could be wrong.
amazing

United States

#11 Jun 19, 2009
Miss Nobody wrote:
Well, all the guy had was a little bit of pot and a few guns, and they took 154,000 of his money. If they don't cross all their t's and dot their i's, that's what happens, things get thrown out of court if they aren't done correctly.
Amazing,if the cops busted your door down and all they found was a little bit of pot, do you think it would be all right for them to take every bit of money you had or your house even, because they thought it was bought with drug money?
If the cops busted my door down, I can assure you they would find no pot, or any other kind of illegal drugs.
Why did this guy have 154,00 dollars in his house? Where did he get that much money? And if it was legit why didn't he have it in the bank?
amazing

United States

#12 Jun 19, 2009
Miss Nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a male/female couple that got busted a few weeks ago that was like their third or fourth time getting into trouble, and they were good friends of Keiths.
If it wasn't for a cop on the inside warning Keith several months ago he better lay low for awhile because county was out to get him, the cops might have found way more than they did.
You have just confirmed what everybody knows about the cops in this town.
Which cop was it that warned him of impending danger?
What is the name of this cop that told him to lay low for awhile, so he wouldn't get caught? HMMMM?
who really cares

Bossier City, LA

#13 Jun 19, 2009
amazing wrote:
<quoted text>You have just confirmed what everybody knows about the cops in this town.
Which cop was it that warned him of impending danger?
What is the name of this cop that told him to lay low for awhile, so he wouldn't get caught? HMMMM?
his name was good cop, apparently, cause they kept him from of getting it alot worse, now thats what a cops supposed to be, your friend first and foremost.

A REAL cop that is really for GOOD SIDE is one that can see the GOOD in you and DON'T want you to go to jail and get you in all kinds of bullshit and tells you in advance to "get your shit straight or wer're gonna have to take you in", one who helps you stay out of trouble just like it says on the cars, "to protect and serve"

They should ALL be that way, then the jail wouldn't be so crowded and the folks who could "get their shit straight" on their own would do so and those that couldn't would be in jail. after all thats the only ones they want to stay in jail, and keep out of society, THE ONES THAT CANT GET THEIR SHIT STRAIGHT ON THEIR OWN!

BIG Applause for the "inside"
Miss Nobody

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#14 Jun 20, 2009
I'm not going to give his name, because I only heard it from a third party, so there is always that chance of it being wrong information. I guess since the cop has to live in the same area as some of these people that get busted, he makes an effort to show that he's not the enemy and that he's out to get you. Just not sure if the cops that do make the busts appreciate one of their own warning these guys that a bust is in their near future, and names people in the drug dealers circle aka main buyers. Which is supposedly what scared Keith into getting out of it, at least for awhile anyway
amazing

United States

#15 Jun 20, 2009
who really cares wrote:
<quoted text>
his name was good cop, apparently, cause they kept him from of getting it alot worse, now thats what a cops supposed to be, your friend first and foremost.
A REAL cop that is really for GOOD SIDE is one that can see the GOOD in you and DON'T want you to go to jail and get you in all kinds of bullshit and tells you in advance to "get your shit straight or wer're gonna have to take you in", one who helps you stay out of trouble just like it says on the cars, "to protect and serve"
They should ALL be that way, then the jail wouldn't be so crowded and the folks who could "get their shit straight" on their own would do so and those that couldn't would be in jail. after all thats the only ones they want to stay in jail, and keep out of society, THE ONES THAT CANT GET THEIR SHIT STRAIGHT ON THEIR OWN!
BIG Applause for the "inside"
His name was crooked cop, cause he warns the drug dealers to get rid of your shit cause their coming to bust you.
But your right about if all the cops would warn them. The jail wouldn't be as crowded.
amazing

United States

#16 Jun 20, 2009
Miss Nobody wrote:
I'm not going to give his name, because I only heard it from a third party, so there is always that chance of it being wrong information. I guess since the cop has to live in the same area as some of these people that get busted, he makes an effort to show that he's not the enemy and that he's out to get you. Just not sure if the cops that do make the busts appreciate one of their own warning these guys that a bust is in their near future, and names people in the drug dealers circle aka main buyers. Which is supposedly what scared Keith into getting out of it, at least for awhile anyway
At least for awhile anyway, until the heat is off. Then right back to it.
one

Hinesville, GA

#17 Jun 20, 2009
is keith still in jail or did he bond out i havent heard nothing since he turned himself in
Miss Nobody

Ville Platte, LA

#18 Jun 20, 2009
His bond was 25,000 I think, and he bonded out several days ago. One good thing you can say about Keith that you can't say about all the other drug dealers and cooks, he saves his money instead of pissing it all away. Just too bad he didn't invest it in a way that wouldn't be suspicious to the IRS.
Miss Nobody

Warrenton, MO

#19 Jun 20, 2009
I was wrong about the names. Keith's name is Harry Keith Lane, but the arrest warrant said Bryan Keith Lane.
Clemente

United States

#20 Jun 21, 2009
Now is when a legal technicality is used. That warrant or probable cause(PC)to bust that door in when it gets down to the court system, has to have the legal name, so if it is not the legal name, either the snitch(informant) or the supervisor in charge of the operation, must have his facts and circumstance perfect. I guess he thought he did right and the judge put his john henry on it.
Personally I believe they took money from an innocent man. People save all the time, and are afraid of banks, how do any of us know that Mr. Lane was not one of them, but most want the other guy to go to jail so they can gossip...makes him guilty until proving innocence, which should be the opposite, innocent until proven guilty.
I always bet the team that is the underdog and push mentally for them to win, but most people assume that team is a loser, it will loose. Like Mr. Lane, so many that post here have convicted him. But they can do that, by no one knowing who they are and hiding in a dark room when they type, they play big shots and know it alls, because they are smart and since they will never see $154,000 in their life-time, they get jealous and talk bad about a guy that knows how to save. I onced told Keith "you are so tight, you could squeeze a nickel until the buffalo hollers." Keith Lane is a good guy and I believe the common denominator to all this is a greedy snitch trying to become friends with some $800 a week cop. But after it over that $800 wk cop will put him in jail for a couple of joints and he will scratch his head and wonder where he went wrong. He went wrong on making the wrong decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why would you believe? 2 hr better answers 3
red headed waitress at pizza hut 3 hr Really 2
cole young 4 hr play on 4
chicken houses 4 hr guest 4
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 7 hr Utah is home for ... 30,940
concerned citizen 8 hr Pocahontas star h... 3
Pocahontas Downtown Playhouse (Dec '14) 18 hr nut 52
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages