Next Last
yup

Waterloo, Canada

#23 Dec 27, 2010
They are crazy!!!!
fyi

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Dec 31, 2010
All of these "home health" agencies are nothing more than a cleaning service pretending to be home health 90 percent of the clients just want some one to clean their house and cook a little lunch for them ... that's it ... does not matter whether you are PCA or CNA ... it's the same thing, you are an underpaid MAID !! and the admins. and RN's know this .. everything anymore is personal care and that does not mean ANYTHING !!!
just me

Warwick, RI

#25 Dec 31, 2010
So true which is why I don't work anymore as a PCA or CNA, your just a glorified housekeeper if your working home health and your a certified butt wiper if your a CNA working for a nursing home. I'm going to college for another line of work and can't wait till graduation!!!!
fyi wrote:
All of these "home health" agencies are nothing more than a cleaning service pretending to be home health 90 percent of the clients just want some one to clean their house and cook a little lunch for them ... that's it ... does not matter whether you are PCA or CNA ... it's the same thing, you are an under paid MAID !! and the admins. and RN's know this .. everything anymore is personal care and that does not mean ANYTHING !!!
Oh I know

Olive Branch, MS

#26 Jan 1, 2011
Tonya Land wrote:
I workd there and I have to say Alisha is one of the smatest women I know. She knows her Job and she knows how to get the job done.So does Donna.However you will play hell getting your last paycheck and I was told to never come back there are the law would be called on me cause because I called her hand on a few things...I am fixing to take them to court to get my little 3hr pay check and Travl check they owe me and if I understand the law right Im probley entitled for more than that due to the reasons I quit and the embersment of working for an angency like them.was told I had to turn in my handbook then my check would be mailed....Then I was told not to step back in their office so couldnt very well turn in there lil handbook. was told to put in there lil dropbox out back where they leave paperwork and stuff at then my check would be mail well im still waiting But not for long....
I did finally recived my pay check but was cheated out of most of my travel pay they are a sorry company to work for alisha should go to a better company shes a good person
mr wonderful

Frisco, TX

#27 Jan 14, 2011
have worked for these folks for some time now both office staff!! sound to me as if some people have too much time on there hands working there has its advantages and disadvantages but to get on line and personaly attack someone is just a little childish...wen i needed help thay helped me.cant say that for any other place i have worked..and to the bitter x employes wow get a real life if you have nothing better to do but run some one down u might wanna look in the mirror might not like what u see..as far as the pca thing i take pride in what i do and i take very good care of my clients as do most of us and ya every busness has its bad apples most get weeded out maybe thats y u no longer work there..so in closing lets see grow up only inmature people use a grown up forum like topix to bitch and moan cause thay made a mistake and got fired...and buy the way state does investigate homehealth every year and i do belive we passed can u say that ..... mr kildow
mr wonderful

Frisco, TX

#28 Jan 14, 2011
fyi wrote:
All of these "home health" agencies are nothing more than a cleaning service pretending to be home health 90 percent of the clients just want some one to clean their house and cook a little lunch for them ... that's it ... does not matter whether you are PCA or CNA ... it's the same thing, you are an underpaid MAID !! and the admins. and RN's know this .. everything anymore is personal care and that does not mean ANYTHING !!!
if u think this job is so easy and such a joke come try to do what i do for a day ...ya we clean and cook does that make what i do less important??at least at the end of the day i go home and i know i made a difrence in someones life can u say that?
rebel

Jonesboro, AR

#29 Jan 22, 2011
probably not...
seriously

Jonesboro, AR

#30 Feb 25, 2014
Alecia and donna are very rude and money hungry jerks! I am a former employee. They do not care about their clients. I reported issues and nothing was taken care of. If you are sick or miss any hours they will force you to makeup any missed hours within the week whether you are better or nor. Later I was accused of soliciting! I tried to clarify I was in no way trying to take their clients to another agency and they threatened to report me to the police! Needless to say I no longer work for them and am much happier. Would not recommend to ANYone EVER! STAY FAR AWAY!
SNB

Jonesboro, AR

#31 Feb 26, 2014
That company is a frickin JOKE!!! They treat their workers and at least a couple hand fulls of their clients like crap. they sling you back in forth between clients to the point the clients don't want anyone in their home anymore. Speaking of missing PAY.....HaHaHa, not only have they not sent me my last pay check and mileage, but they haven't sent the last 5 weeks i worked worth of child support in, and i had to call the cops up to their office to get my 2nd to last check
guests

United States

#32 Mar 1, 2014
I can say this unless you have worked as a PCA or CNA don't bash us. What we do for our people we look after is hard work for some of us. We bust our ass 40hrs a week. Yeah the pay ain't great and it could be better. But some of us do it cause it what we love to do.. some of us ain't cold hearted like ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 min Faith 33,402
needed 3 hr not 7
Places for rent affordable and pet friendly 19 hr LorieB 1
Best Tax Preparer Sat CalGal57 9
Bo Shipp Sat Melissa 27
Harps Fri guest 5
Shipleys Donuts Fri Info 2

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance