Multiple 18-wheeler accident snarls traffic for hours

Feb 1, 2012 Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro 27

Fog can be a hazardous condition to drive in. It has the power to reduce visibility to ¼ mile or less, according to the National Weather Service.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unknown

Mayville, WI

#23 Feb 4, 2012
Closer to Corning wrote:
<quoted text>Were there no options in Corning? The accident occured several miles closer to Corning than Pocahontas. Comp Towing seems to have the larger equipment needed to clean up the big 18 wheeler messes. No one has mentioned the cause of the accident. Were the 18 wheelers going too fast for conditions? In almost zero visibility the trucks should have been traveling at a snails pace.
The driver of the grain truck did not see the stop sign due to te fog the truck driver was doing the speed and being careful it was not the truck drivers fault it was the grain truck
what do you mean

Ash Flat, AR

#24 Feb 4, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text> The driver of the grain truck did not see the stop sign due to te fog the truck driver was doing the speed and being careful it was not the truck drivers fault it was the grain truck
Do you mean doing the speed limit? 55 was way too fast that day. Should have been doing 25 at the most. Then everyone could have stopped or slowed enough to minimize the damage.
OMG

Trumann, AR

#25 Feb 6, 2012
From the looks of the pictures,it's a miracle that they weren't ALL killed on impact.That grain hauler was packing one heck of a load of weight behind it. Really fortunate and a miracle,I'd say,that it didn't turn into a huge pileup with people killed,look at what happened last Sunday in Florida on I-75,about 11 killed when they all rearended at night in thick smoke and multiple fires and explosions of the cars took place,also 18 wheelers literally ran over the tops of cars there.Zero visibility is very dangerous.
please

Ash Flat, AR

#28 Feb 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>do your one ignorant
Could someone interpret this for me? I don't speak retard.
memyslef

Sarasota, FL

#29 Apr 5, 2012
does any one no how that lady is doing
concerned

Salem, AR

#30 Nov 17, 2012
What was Sarahs last name?
concerned

Salem, AR

#31 Nov 17, 2012
What is Sarahs last name

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr mossy seaman 30,441
Work needed for Christmas 5 hr Againstthemachine 18
nypd 6 hr Support 1
Chicken Plant 7 hr Guest 4
Do the theatre still have good shows? 7 hr the truth 12
I must be obsolete 12 hr over the hill 5
Pee Wee 15 hr John Kirk 3
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web