Multiple 18-wheeler accident snarls traffic for hours

Feb 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KAIT-TV Jonesboro

Fog can be a hazardous condition to drive in. It has the power to reduce visibility to ¼ mile or less, according to the National Weather Service.

Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unknown

Mayville, WI

#23 Feb 4, 2012
Closer to Corning wrote:
<quoted text>Were there no options in Corning? The accident occured several miles closer to Corning than Pocahontas. Comp Towing seems to have the larger equipment needed to clean up the big 18 wheeler messes. No one has mentioned the cause of the accident. Were the 18 wheelers going too fast for conditions? In almost zero visibility the trucks should have been traveling at a snails pace.
The driver of the grain truck did not see the stop sign due to te fog the truck driver was doing the speed and being careful it was not the truck drivers fault it was the grain truck
what do you mean

Ash Flat, AR

#24 Feb 4, 2012
unknown wrote:
<quoted text> The driver of the grain truck did not see the stop sign due to te fog the truck driver was doing the speed and being careful it was not the truck drivers fault it was the grain truck
Do you mean doing the speed limit? 55 was way too fast that day. Should have been doing 25 at the most. Then everyone could have stopped or slowed enough to minimize the damage.
OMG

Trumann, AR

#25 Feb 6, 2012
From the looks of the pictures,it's a miracle that they weren't ALL killed on impact.That grain hauler was packing one heck of a load of weight behind it. Really fortunate and a miracle,I'd say,that it didn't turn into a huge pileup with people killed,look at what happened last Sunday in Florida on I-75,about 11 killed when they all rearended at night in thick smoke and multiple fires and explosions of the cars took place,also 18 wheelers literally ran over the tops of cars there.Zero visibility is very dangerous.
please

Ash Flat, AR

#28 Feb 10, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>do your one ignorant
Could someone interpret this for me? I don't speak retard.
memyslef

Sarasota, FL

#29 Apr 5, 2012
does any one no how that lady is doing
concerned

Salem, AR

#30 Nov 17, 2012
What was Sarahs last name?
concerned

Salem, AR

#31 Nov 17, 2012
What is Sarahs last name

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking out 1 hr sexy tina 4
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Blaggard 29,634
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 1 hr I am still listen... 9,871
Red Golden Retriever on Heather Lane 2 hr stinky 9
I said it!! 5 hr Big Bad Boy 23
Hospital Tax 7 hr JOHN G 59
warning married women 8 hr eugena GOLDEN TON... 1
•••
Pocahontas Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000