Poor dog at Park and Frenken

Posted in the Pocahontas Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Betty Boop

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

There is a German Shepard tied in a small pen right on Park St at Frenken. This poor dog can barely turn around. It is there 24/7. This is so sad. No living thing deserves to live this way. It is now getting cold at night and this poor dog is going to start freezing. Please call the city to complain and see if anything can be done. I heard that the animal control was there but the poor dog is still sitting in that pen. Maybe if the city hears from enough people something will be done. Dogs should be part of a family and kept in the house, but if not at least have a place to walk around. This is heartbreaking. Please call the city. Sometimes there is power in numbers.
scooter

Ravenden Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 29, 2012
 

Judged:

1

did you call anyone about this??????????
HappyDays

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 31, 2012
 
Betty Boop wrote:
There is a German Shepard tied in a small pen right on Park St at Frenken. This poor dog can barely turn around. It is there 24/7. This is so sad. No living thing deserves to live this way. It is now getting cold at night and this poor dog is going to start freezing. Please call the city to complain and see if anything can be done. I heard that the animal control was there but the poor dog is still sitting in that pen. Maybe if the city hears from enough people something will be done. Dogs should be part of a family and kept in the house, but if not at least have a place to walk around. This is heartbreaking. Please call the city. Sometimes there is power in numbers.
CALL YOUR LOCAL OR STATE HUMANE SOCIETY. Animal control is not there to "police" negligent and stupid owners, just to get unwanted animals off the streets. Also, you might consider "You Tubeing" what you are seeing. You will for sure get "response" that way. So many animal lovers out there, that THAT DOG you are speaking of, would probably be pulled by the correct officials(ASPCA), as a result, and put into a loving home. Or look up your options for phone numbers on the internet under: animal welfare, reporting animal abuse/neglect, the ASPCA, etc.,. They can better guide you once you get a human being on the phone. It is too bad that the ignorant and neglectful owners can't be forced to spend a few weeks where that poor dog is now being kept. Shame on them. Thank goodness for someone like you raising a concern. Please keep us updated as to what happens. I don't live in your town.
wow

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

HappyDays wrote:
<quoted text>
CALL YOUR LOCAL OR STATE HUMANE SOCIETY. Animal control is not there to "police" negligent and stupid owners, just to get unwanted animals off the streets. Also, you might consider "You Tubeing" what you are seeing. You will for sure get "response" that way. So many animal lovers out there, that THAT DOG you are speaking of, would probably be pulled by the correct officials(ASPCA), as a result, and put into a loving home. Or look up your options for phone numbers on the internet under: animal welfare, reporting animal abuse/neglect, the ASPCA, etc.,. They can better guide you once you get a human being on the phone. It is too bad that the ignorant and neglectful owners can't be forced to spend a few weeks where that poor dog is now being kept. Shame on them. Thank goodness for someone like you raising a concern. Please keep us updated as to what happens. I don't live in your town.
the dog has plenty of room to turn around and you have no right to label the owners as ignorant and neglectful or shame them. do you and the original poster know and care that the dog is loved, very well cared for, and walked daily? ya'll get a clue, butt out, and stop the lying.
agree

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dogs belong in the home with the family. They DO NOT belong tied up outside to sit as a yard ornament. Get a clue wow!
biker_dude

Bremerton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 31, 2012
 
That's just not right. I feel sorry for the dog.
just me

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Betty Boop wrote:
There is a German Shepard tied in a small pen right on Park St at Frenken. This poor dog can barely turn around. It is there 24/7. This is so sad. No living thing deserves to live this way. It is now getting cold at night and this poor dog is going to start freezing. Please call the city to complain and see if anything can be done. I heard that the animal control was there but the poor dog is still sitting in that pen. Maybe if the city hears from enough people something will be done. Dogs should be part of a family and kept in the house, but if not at least have a place to walk around. This is heartbreaking. Please call the city. Sometimes there is power in numbers.
It is against the law to have a dog tied up in the city limits now, if you are going to have a pet it should be part of rhe family,would you keep your children tied up in a freakin pen in the yard?
facts to consider

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

There are many dogs tied up or fenced in a small pen in this town and county.

Would bet almost all have dog houses to stay warm in.

Vast majority are kept outside instead of inside.

Pets are not children or family.

Many landlords do not allow pets indoors.
Happy

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Poor dog. Pets should be treated as a family member. They do have hearts, feelings, and all they ask for is to be loved. If you can't love and take good care of your pet then you don't need any.
well

Horseshoe Bend, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 2, 2012
 
Happy wrote:
Poor dog. Pets should be treated as a family member. They do have hearts, feelings, and all they ask for is to be loved. If you can't love and take good care of your pet then you don't need any.
are you claiming they don't love and take care of their pet.
many dogs are being treated better than some folks treat their kids. your priorities and concerns should be humans > pets.
Guest

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I am sorry but before we made them pets dogs lived OUTSIDE. Dogs have fur so they can handle the cold, they are designed that way.
Betty Boop

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The issue is not that it is being kept outside but that it is in such a small pen that it cannot walk around. I agree that anyone who thinks that it is ok to have that dog sitting in one spot 99% of the time does not need to own a pet. Also animals warm up by moving around and this dog cannot do that. Why cant they just add some room to the pen it is in. It is made out of panels that could be expanded easily so that at least it could walk around. It is very hard on the neighbors who are animal lovers to have to look day after day at this poor dog sitting there and when it hears someone it jumps up all excited like "Thank god someone is coming for me!!!" then of course no one does come for it. Whoever said that they love the dog is misguided and should have to sit out there 24/7 tied in one spot and then say it is fine. My dogs get cold when they go outside and get wet. If this dog is loved why is it not brought into the house at least when it is storming or freezing. A lot of people are talking about this dog and it will not stop untill it has a larger pen or is taken inside. People cannot stand to watch an animal be treated so badly. Does anyone know the dogs name?
Betty Boop

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Thank you for the information Happy Days. I thought maybe there was a city ordinance about keeping a dog tied up where it cannot walk around. We are going to contact other agencies. Looking them up now and also KAIT is going to go by there and at least get pics next time a team is in Pocahontas. I have a friend who works there and they said that they have concidered doing a story regarding this issue because it has been coming up recently in many of the surrounding cities. They have video of other dogs being housed similarly and it is a topic that has had a lot of interest recently.
There have been a number of things acceptable in the past such as segregation, women's voting rights, ect. that were accepted at one time but when we know better we do better and studies have shown that this is cruel to animals to be tied up like that.
HappyDays

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wow wrote:
<quoted text>the dog has plenty of room to turn around and you have no right to label the owners as ignorant and neglectful or shame them. do you and the original poster know and care that the dog is loved, very well cared for, and walked daily? ya'll get a clue, butt out, and stop the lying.
You must have the same assnine narrow view as the clueless owners. Pity your brain cells, but more importantly, Pity The Helpless Dog who cannot defend itself and/or get the quality of life that it deserves. In the situation that dog currently is in, it never will, because ignorant and selfish arrogant f*%k's like you can't "see beyond" a subliminal subsistence of life. Turns control freaks like yourself, "on". Please consider "a nat" next time for your family pet.
hammer

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HappyDays hit the nail on the head.Pocahontas needs more people like HappyDays.
what

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 3, 2012
 
HappyDays wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have the same assnine narrow view as the clueless owners. Pity your brain cells, but more importantly, Pity The Helpless Dog who cannot defend itself and/or get the quality of life that it deserves. In the situation that dog currently is in, it never will, because ignorant and selfish arrogant f*%k's like you can't "see beyond" a subliminal subsistence of life. Turns control freaks like yourself, "on". Please consider "a nat" next time for your family pet.
what is "a nat"
Info

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Betty Boop wrote:
Thank you for the information Happy Days. I thought maybe there was a city ordinance about keeping a dog tied up where it cannot walk around. We are going to contact other agencies. Looking them up now and also KAIT is going to go by there and at least get pics next time a team is in Pocahontas. I have a friend who works there and they said that they have concidered doing a story regarding this issue because it has been coming up recently in many of the surrounding cities. They have video of other dogs being housed similarly and it is a topic that has had a lot of interest recently.
There have been a number of things acceptable in the past such as segregation, women's voting rights, ect. that were accepted at one time but when we know better we do better and studies have shown that this is cruel to animals to be tied up like that.
There is a city ordinance against keeping a dog tied up,it is against the law..
info

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 4, 2012
 
Info wrote:
<quoted text> There is a city ordinance against keeping a dog tied up,it is against the law..
got a link for that claim?
which ordinance and #?
didn't see it, but did notice that at least a 10x10 pen is required.
info

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 4, 2012
 
http://www.cityofpocahontas.com/City%20Ordian...

refer to 06 04 03 on pen size
Betty Boop

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 5, 2012
 
That is cotrect. It must be 10 10 to house a dog. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of29
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Pocahontas Forum right now

Search the Pocahontas Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Funeral Home 8 min yes 72
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr guest 28,952
riverside 1 hr curious 5
Shawn Hamm (Jan '12) 2 hr JSS 15
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 2 hr Green earth 206
Tim bagwell???? 2 hr noway 3
new dollar store on hwy. 62 2 hr Guest 24
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Randolph County was issued at July 23 at 2:59PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Pocahontas News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pocahontas
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••