First Prev
of 4
Next Last
What what

United States

#1 Mar 30, 2012
Who said there going anywhere. The community has spoke and is going to continue to use Medic One. Get over it city council we like them not you. I would say Medic One will be here for the next 11 years also. I think the council figured out there not as powerful as they think. Oh yea vote them out before we loose our city
wow

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2012
the city concil was not trying to get rid of medic one they were simply trying to get some competetion in the town. And they wouldn't have done that if medic one would be here to do there job. There have been several times when both of the ambulances would be out of town and we would need one and would have to call the airvac just to get someone to the hospital. The city has also asked for them to give us another ambulace for the town to help solve this issue but they never did anything. There's obviously more to it than any of you know
Local

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2012
Medic one use to be great. They don't seem to care anymore because they were the only ones in town. Now it will be different.
Tackmaster

Mountain Home, AR

#4 Mar 30, 2012
Local wrote:
Medic one use to be great. They don't seem to care anymore because they were the only ones in town. Now it will be different.
Does this mean we will elect new city officials so it will be different too? Whos running your town? TEA!
Yogibear

Jonesboro, AR

#5 Mar 30, 2012
Maybe if the city counsel asked medic one to buy another ambulance.There needs would have been meant. instead of having another ambulance service come in. & possible lawsuit.
Dwayne

Mountain Home, AR

#6 Mar 30, 2012
The City Council did ask this and as Keith said at the meeting, they were told by Medic One that "what you have is all you are going to get."
Yogibear wrote:
Maybe if the city counsel asked medic one to buy another ambulance.There needs would have been meant. instead of having another ambulance service come in. & possible lawsuit.
the natives are restless

United States

#7 Mar 30, 2012
I have read a sigificant number of false statements over the past few weeks, most of them posted by persons OBVIOUSLY lacking access to FACTUAL DATA, or perhaps unwilling to reveal such data. It's not surprising, considering that the city council has not been forthcoming with such data. Nothing posted here means anything, the matter will ultimately be decided by attorneys, a judge, and the voters.
ARMEDIC

Manila, AR

#8 Mar 30, 2012
wow wrote:
the city concil was not trying to get rid of medic one they were simply trying to get some competetion in the town. And they wouldn't have done that if medic one would be here to do there job. There have been several times when both of the ambulances would be out of town and we would need one and would have to call the airvac just to get someone to the hospital. The city has also asked for them to give us another ambulace for the town to help solve this issue but they never did anything. There's obviously more to it than any of you know
I HAVE WORKED IN YOUR COUNTY ON AND OFF FOR SOME TIME, AND AS FAR AS NOT HAVING AN AMBULANCE THERE FOR THE CITY I PROMISE YOU THAT PROMED IS OUT OF POCKET THEN MEDIC ONE HAS EVER BEEN. I HAVE WORKED FOR BOTH AND THE GRASS IS NOT GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE. THERE IS NOT A SERVICE AROUND THAT CAN COVER EVER CALL, MEMS IN LITTLE ROCK, MEMPHIS FIRE, RURAL METRO, AND SO ON. EVEN AIR EVAC CAN NOT HAVE A CHOPPER READY 24/7, MEDIC ONE CARES MORE FOR THERE COMMUNITY THEN ANY OTHER SERVICE AROUND. THE CITY COUNCIL NEED TO GET THE FACTS BEFORE THE MESS UP..
Indian Chief

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Mar 30, 2012
the natives are restless wrote:
I have read a sigificant number of false statements over the past few weeks, most of them posted by persons OBVIOUSLY lacking access to FACTUAL DATA, or perhaps unwilling to reveal such data. It's not surprising, considering that the city council has not been forthcoming with such data. Nothing posted here means anything, the matter will ultimately be decided by attorneys, a judge, and the voters.
You nailed that one! Nothing posted here means anything! Finally a TRUE statement on TOPIX! Miracles never cease!!!!!!!!
oh wow

Bexar, AR

#10 Mar 31, 2012
wow wrote:
oh my gosh, I can't believe you think that airvac can be called fot get someone to the hospital if an ambulance is not aavailable, certain criteria has to be met> personally< I think it would be a disgrace to Rand.Co if Medic 1 would no longer be here because they know the county roads better than anyone
Local

Dallas, TX

#11 Mar 31, 2012
Ok first medic one does not care about the community. Some of the people that work there do. Second Pocahontas will have a 3rd ambulance for the call crew we do not have that now. This thing is over finished they need to pack there toys and go help take care of jonesboro. Im done with this just like the city and county.
to Pocahontas

Bexar, AR

#12 Mar 31, 2012
Medic 1 employees are excellent in what they do, I notice your post comes from Addison Tx, so if you don't live here this issue really doesn't concern you at all, I have lived here for over 40 yrs, I know most of the employees of Medic 1 and I know how good they are at what they do, they are a lifeline in a person's care when something goes wrong. They know people by there name & when an address goes out for their services they do not hesitate where to go or scratch their butts wondering where the location is because they know!! I will finish with this comment to the City Council:REST IN PEACE knowing your decision may cost someone their life because the folks you have voted to come in to this county does not know where they are going
just the facts

United States

#13 Apr 1, 2012
We will just sit backand let a few individuals destroy another business.Then it may be yours next?
questions

Bexar, AR

#14 Apr 1, 2012
pocahontas' ordinance is likely screwed up and the process was not followed. they rushed this whole thing and we will pay. medic one's lawyer warned em several times, and mentioned no cutoff date on apps and they listened to grider on it and pushed it thru. WHAT WAS THE RUSH?

did the city really just award the franchise based on ONE incomplete application. seems the council can't even follow the rules they made.

did we even advertise statewide for apps. why only 1 service interested? unacceptable specs and not profitable.
good luck enforcing the ordinance if they even kniow how or do, and getting another one here when this one 1 pulls out?
REPEAL THE ORDINANCE and let the free market work.
Watch Out

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Apr 1, 2012
questions wrote:
pocahontas' ordinance is likely screwed up and the process was not followed. they rushed this whole thing and we will pay. medic one's lawyer warned em several times, and mentioned no cutoff date on apps and they listened to grider on it and pushed it thru. WHAT WAS THE RUSH?
did the city really just award the franchise based on ONE incomplete application. seems the council can't even follow the rules they made.
did we even advertise statewide for apps. why only 1 service interested? unacceptable specs and not profitable.
good luck enforcing the ordinance if they even kniow how or do, and getting another one here when this one 1 pulls out?
REPEAL THE ORDINANCE and let the free market work.
Ok, please post the ordinance? Where I can read it.......
Peace and Love

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Apr 1, 2012
Like the preacher said, Something went wrong to get this far for action on the City to call for a franchise. I wonder why? We may never know? I can't keep crying in shock on this topix. What is already done is done.
fair

United States

#17 Apr 2, 2012
the new company is gonna hire local people, not bring crews up from their current bases. Heard on the scanner last week where again we didnt have any ambulances in this county and had to wait on a M1 ambulance from walnut ridge or who knows where and when they finally got here they couldn't find hoeslcher without 911 giving them directions... Thankfully the city council acted and now we will have more local crews and ambulances
to Pocahontas wrote:
Medic 1 employees are excellent in what they do, I notice your post comes from Addison Tx, so if you don't live here this issue really doesn't concern you at all, I have lived here for over 40 yrs, I know most of the employees of Medic 1 and I know how good they are at what they do, they are a lifeline in a person's care when something goes wrong. They know people by there name & when an address goes out for their services they do not hesitate where to go or scratch their butts wondering where the location is because they know!! I will finish with this comment to the City Council:REST IN PEACE knowing your decision may cost someone their life because the folks you have voted to come in to this county does not know where they are going
medic one supporter

Jonesboro, AR

#18 Apr 2, 2012
Ok for one the city council only had one reason for this whole thing one of their members even admitted it at the meeting all they wanted is control n I think that selfish and stupid on their part this is goin to come bck n bite them in the ass n as far as m1 from walnut ridge comin in usually before the pocahontas trucks even check out of service the wr trck is on its way and I call bullshit on not knowing where they was goin bcause I know both shift drivers personally and they r both from here n know. Where to go ppl need to learn the facts before they start trash talkin pocahontas has a 99.6 % cover time the city councle isn't gonna get any better than that all I got to say is heaven help pocahontas when medic one leaves cuz we all gonna be f*cked
Local

Dallas, TX

#19 Apr 2, 2012
99.6 is a f-cling lie. We all know they did not check out of service when they were not here fr calls. You retarded idiot. I'm so tired of u lies.

Bexar, AR

#20 Apr 2, 2012
I think the paper showed how much the owner cares about this county, if he didn't even try to find out why the city was upset or failed to turn in an application. Yes they set a unit at the county line, but why is that? If there is a run in Lawrence County what happens to our coverage. Since PTS left instead of providing another truck for coverage Mr. Medic One decided to downsize, he decided that Jonesboro could use the wheelchair van and that the two crews can handle the extra work, makes alot of sense taking a crew out of service for 30 minutes to take a patient from the doctors office to the nursing home. The employees care, but all the owner is worried about is how much money he can shove in his pocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Reality Check 41,534
Fantasha rutledge (Feb '13) 3 hr Umm 38
Robert Miller (LD) and Amanda Moore 7 hr TexasRebel 3
Mickey Johnson picked up for acting like a cop Sun Forever 22
Keep a word---drop a word (Jul '11) Sun So_da_lish_us 250
new word game (Nov '11) Sun So_da_lish_us 2,568
New Word Game (Jul '12) Sun So_da_lish_us 3

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance