Jonesboro, AR

#1 Jul 13, 2014
Don't you find it interesting that you can post lies and slander any common person on Topix, but if anyone puts the truth about a public official, it is taken off.
Learn the law

Apo, AE

#2 Jul 13, 2014
No, I don't find it interesting. What I find interesting is people on Topix threatening to bring up charges of slander/defamation etc against others when in most cases if they knew the Arkansas Law they really can't do crap about it.
Nah

Jonesboro, AR

#3 Jul 13, 2014
Neither of those are interesting. The fact that human beings have actually been abandoned and "raised" by animals is pretty interesting.. and the lasting effect it has on their language/ social abilities is pretty interesting as well..(that is not a sideways or passive aggressive put-down-just something I find interesting:)

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Jul 13, 2014
When you lie, it is not slander. Public officials should not think they are perfect.
Look at the embarrassments caused by a few of our pubic officials.

State Trooper running drugs
Attorney mailing a snake to a home
A police chief's wife dealing or using drugs
A judge who had no idea his secretary was dealing or using drugs
A judge who he and his son and a State Senator was stealing child support.
District Court Clerk stealing money

so much to be proud of.
Justicedotcom

Hardy, AR

#5 Jul 16, 2014
If posts dissappear with certain names, It means that person is in fear of the truth......Only if the information posted is relevant and is documented and the truth. I dont support false accusations, I support information about elected officials by tax payers being posted if its important for people to know so voters can be informed, so tax payers can be informed about those running our affairs, those who took OATH to work for the people not against the people. If an elected official has name or post removed that person most likely has very thin skin and guilty of something....If I had something bad about me posted not true, yes I would love to have it removed, If I had just negative opinion posted about me I just ignore it, nothing we can do about opinions.....I dont have the privledge of having stuff removed, but be clear those who do, most likely have something to hide. Otherwise the person who puts name on ballot asking people to vote for them should have very very thick skin ......Many now just feel Intitled to that job and it shows by having posts removed. Feel glad to know this vs not know
Learn the Law

Apo, AE

#6 Jul 16, 2014
It's pretty easy to discern the bias slander from factual info for the most part, it is for me anyway. Then again, I'm not a simpleton like the majority on Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
move back 16 min missing arkansas 1
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr cowhockey 30,037
is Samantha Willingham a good mom 4 hr girlygirl 11
Kiechs BBQ 5 hr guest 10
city water park 8 hr Mrs Susan 23
State prison in Randolph County (Aug '09) 11 hr Information 87
lojj 11 hr Information 2
Pocahontas Dating
Find my Match

Pocahontas Jobs