Loss

Ash Flat, AR

#22 Aug 24, 2013
Please let us know any funeral arrangements and very sorry for your familys loss he was a good man.
marek

Prostejov, Czech Republic

#23 Aug 24, 2013
Thank you all for your comments and support
previous employee

Jonesboro, AR

#24 Aug 24, 2013
Am curious what machine it was? There is one that the limit switches were by passed in order for it to run correctly. Also, when OSHA came in they shut it down and strung the yellow ribbon completely around the machine as thou it may appear to someone that it was not able to even power up.....
Hopefully the guy from California was not pressuring him to hurry up and get it going. Heard he was more focused on the production aspect than safety, quality, etc....and when he first came down he made it a rule that there were only a select few that was to trouble shoot the machine...operators were not allowed to shut and/or hit the e-stop on the machine whether they were behind or anything, they were to keep machine running....

United States

#25 Aug 24, 2013
sounds like real trouble to me
Just me

Jonesboro, AR

#26 Aug 24, 2013
marek wrote:
Thank you all for your comments and support
I worked at the factory in 2008-2009, I am sorry to hear of this tragedy, he was a good and very kind man.
Swanns

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#27 Aug 27, 2013
http://www.kait8.com/category/240189/video-la...

ITS ABOUT A 1:25 INTO THE CLIP....
marek

#28 Aug 27, 2013
thanx for the link Swanns..
concerned

Little Rock, AR

#30 Aug 28, 2013
I am so saddened by this Marek was a great guy and will be missed. My adivice to the family would be to contact a lawyer. Finances should not be a worry, the company should be held liable for ALL costs and compensation also. Sorry for your loss.
A friend of your father

United States

#31 Aug 29, 2013
I do not know the story but from what I read in news paper today is,"a 60 year old Randolph County man Westfield August 22, 2013 In a industrial accident At heartland footwear Which is located on pace road in Pocahontas. Marek Halir, Who lived in Middlebrook community in northern Randolph County was killed instantly by a machine he was working on suddenly and unexpectedly started. According to the Pocahontas police, Halir Had been working on one of the production machines and was talking to another employee about it. The employee said Halir Went To get a flashlight and was bent over looking at a sensor on the machine, When the machine started to rotate. The witness said he heard a loud crunch and immediately hit the emergency stop. He stated he noticed Halir's Head caught in the machine. Halir Was pronounced dead at the scene by the Randolph County corner and his body was sent to the state crime lab in Little Rock for autopsy."
A friend of your father

United States

#32 Aug 29, 2013
I worked with your father for a few Years, he was a nice man. Strait forward and stubborn but had a good heart. Wish you and yours well. And truly sorry for your Loss.
worker

Jonesboro, AR

#33 Aug 30, 2013
marek,

I worked with your father. I do maintenance with him. He is a smart man, and I enjoyed working with him. He made me laugh every day. I needed to learn so much more from him, but unfortunately can not now. I am sorry for your loss and sorry for your families loss. I still sit in the office and think of him.
worker

Jonesboro, AR

#34 Aug 30, 2013
and on a separate note, all those people talking about lawyers and insurance..piss off!!! that's one thing that is wrong with this country, people are so sue happy, and just want free money...
pokey girl

Jonesboro, AR

#35 Aug 30, 2013
worker wrote:
and on a separate note, all those people talking about lawyers and insurance..piss off!!! that's one thing that is wrong with this country, people are so sue happy, and just want free money...
The family should sue, WTF is wrong with you? A man died, people like you is what is wrong with this country.
concerned

Little Rock, AR

#36 Aug 30, 2013
worker wrote:
I would hardly consider it "free money" to compensate someone for the loss of their loved one! This company should be held responsible for an accident that occurred in their plant. Damn right I think this family should sue if they have to. Unless of course the company stands up and does the right thing without having to be sued. Fat chance! I would hate to think this family would have to worry about how to bury their loved one or how to survive without his income. That should be the least of their worries at a time like this. He worked hard for that company and they should do right by him and his family.
marek

#37 Aug 30, 2013
It ain't easy to divide thinking into emotional and rational solution of the situation. You both are true - no money can take the time backward. Why should be anyone punished now? On the other hand... I don't know. I have never been thinking about such situation. Never expected that my parents die one day (my grandma still alive and very well). So there is an empty place for this on my mind. But now I hear from many people around what I HAVE TO do... And some people unexpectly started thinking in a bad way about me, about us. It ain't nice to see people thinking like this just now. Who cares about the money? There are so many thoughts about what hasn't been done right. I know verey well it's late to change myself. I can never cross the sea again and have a little chat with him. End explain things... As you talk about Marek, I exactly remember all those situations, his face, his smile... his accent, his jokes. People stop talking each other from many reasons, it is not so simple as it seems. I'd prefer to exchange it... HE will be missed.
Thank you all. But please don't quarrel. I wish this all is a bad dream only... and that no people are pissed off.
I miss him

United States

#38 Aug 30, 2013
I worked with him. I loved for him to make his rounds and tell me my daily joke. We matched each other cuss word for cuss word and shared no tolerance for some of the stupid that things that made us cuss louder. while cussing and kind words flowed from his mouth and kindness filled his eyes.
The company has a legal liability and the family has the right to sue, but please let this be about celebrating Marek's life and remembering him in his passing. Please allow the family to follow this and read the words people have to speak about Marek. Feel free to voice your opinion elsewhere, but respect Marek's memory and let us all come together to tell one of his jokes, say a kind word, share a memory and give Marek a chance to learn more of father life in last few years.
I know he mad my day brighter as we both cussed our usual topics, shared our jokes, sweated our asses off, and met up at the end of the day to repeat that process.
I offered prayers and peace for you and all of Marek's loved ones here an aboard. Word's usually only leave one empty, but I hope through this you find comfort in our words from across the sea and they lay peacefully in the emptiness of your heart.
Kevin Johnson

Jonesboro, AR

#39 Aug 31, 2013
I worked at atp with the original crew from rhode island. I knew marek and just recently ran into him at the movie store. I always knew something like this would happen there. People used to get hurt there all the time. I am truly sorry for marek's family. He was deeply in tune with gardening always shared his stories from the republic. And was a very funny man never a dull moment around marek. Atleast he always made me smile.He is in a better place know that. And Vic how are you, how's the family miss your moms rice/cooking. Nice to hear from you sometime stranger.
pokey girl

Jonesboro, AR

#40 Aug 31, 2013
Kevin Johnson wrote:
I worked at atp with the original crew from rhode island. I knew marek and just recently ran into him at the movie store. I always knew something like this would happen there. People used to get hurt there all the time. I am truly sorry for marek's family. He was deeply in tune with gardening always shared his stories from the republic. And was a very funny man never a dull moment around marek. Atleast he always made me smile.He is in a better place know that. And Vic how are you, how's the family miss your moms rice/cooking. Nice to hear from you sometime stranger.
Hey Kevin, I also worked at ATP with the original crew, then started working at their warehouse in College City. Marek was a great guy, very friendly to everyone..
Kevin Johnson

Jonesboro, AR

#41 Aug 31, 2013
Ya his accent got me everytime he spoke.
pguy

Sardis, MS

#42 Aug 31, 2013
i worked with merek in 2008 and then moved to the warehouse at college city..he was a great man..couldnt ask for anyone nicer! after ATP went under and heartland footwear opened i worked there in the main factory on pace road...merek used to come in at 3:30 every morning with a smile on his face and would always take time to stop by and chat and say goodmorning! and he was a great guy he could fix anything! he will be missed and i do agree that the machines there did have plenty of hazards that could of been prebentable when i worked there..but that has been about 3 years since i have been there...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 4 min Bob White 9,985
City of Pocahontas - the rest of the story 56 min guest 5
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 29,811
Mayor race 1 hr Milk Man 45
where the peco plant is going (Nov '13) 3 hr Guest 24
Hospital Tax 4 hr guest 60
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 4 hr KatBrownKohl 226
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••