Who died?
sad

Jonesboro, AR

#2 Aug 23, 2013
Anyone know?
marek

Prostejov, Czech Republic

#3 Aug 23, 2013
Please can you write ANY information about this accident? I badly need to know that. Probably my father...
very sad accident

Jonesboro, AR

#4 Aug 23, 2013
I believe he was the maintenance worker. I don't think he was American either. If it is your father, I'm deeply sorry for your loss
marek

#5 Aug 23, 2013
yes, it was my father, I've just talked with police officier. My father lived in the US since 1981, originaly from czech republic. Thank you...
yep

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Aug 23, 2013
Sorry for your loss...
Sad news

United States

#7 Aug 23, 2013
Sorry for your loss I use to work there I hate to ask what happened
Swanns

Mountain Home, AR

#9 Aug 23, 2013
Marek, I want to tell you ohw much we all thought of your Father. We have a nusery and he would come by, share advice and his vast wisdom on plants and gardening. My brother-in-law worked with him and were good friends. I am sure her would love to talk to you anytime.
nobs

Shreveport, LA

#10 Aug 23, 2013
marek wrote:
yes, it was my father, I've just talked with police officier. My father lived in the US since 1981, originaly from czech republic. Thank you...
I am so sorry for your family's loss. I worked at the same factory your father did for about 5 months last year and I just wanted to tell you that I thought he was a very nice man. Happy and very nice. I remember last year when he'd bring vegetable's from their garden and sit them across the table by the time clock for whom ever wanted them. I also remember he smiled a lot :-) Very sorry for your loss....
marek

#11 Aug 23, 2013
Thank you guys, it is all difficult for us now, we're going to fly to the USA with my sis and his wife (unfortunately she was abroad too when this happened) next week. We'll be glad for any help, so if you would like to write us any advice, an e-mail address is: benurka (at) seznam.cz

Jonesboro, AR

#12 Aug 23, 2013
This is so sad. Hate to hear of this. I hope they find the cause of this tragedy and it not happen again. I also heard it took the ambulance a long time to get there. I hope someone looks into this and find out why
what

Bexar, AR

#13 Aug 23, 2013
marek wrote:
Please can you write ANY information about this accident? I badly need to know that. Probably my father...
heard this couple had no children
what

Bexar, AR

#14 Aug 23, 2013
guest wrote:
This is so sad. Hate to hear of this. I hope they find the cause of this tragedy and it not happen again. I also heard it took the ambulance a long time to get there. I hope someone looks into this and find out why
I would hate to be the owners of the boot factory, hope insurance is paid up
marek

#15 Aug 23, 2013
Yes, they have no children together. Me and my sis are from his first marriage and living abroad. He went to the USA and later got married again.
yes

Haslet, TX

#16 Aug 23, 2013
There has been safety concerns before at this factory. It was investigated by OSHA in 2008. I'm so sorry for your father's death and from all the talk he is a winderful man. I hope your family will hold these people responsible. This tragedy could possibly have been prevented.
former worker

Mountain Home, AR

#17 Aug 23, 2013
Used to work there, just wondered what is his name? Sorry for your loss Marek!
vic

Providence, RI

#18 Aug 23, 2013
His name was also merek and one of the best mechanics i knew. He always came and talked to me even after he switched to hartland and he will be missed
sympathy

Bexar, AR

#19 Aug 24, 2013
knew of your dad and his wife, has she already made it back home.lived near their home at one time
marek

#20 Aug 24, 2013
Yes, he was skilly man in many ways. All you have written about him is true. Unfortunately we haven't spent too much time together, especialy in the last years. My fault. Nobody can get the time back.
Well the last news I know is that she is going back to AR on wednesday. When she get back, we find out how to continue. It's hard to think about all that stuff at once now. The most of things was in Marek's care and now it is all up to her. Plus now the funeral, insurance, questions about the work, she has no job there presently, was abroad (here) for couple months. She said she got someone to pick her up on the airport at least, I hope they will help in other tasks too. All is complicated by fact, she is not american. And..I don't know. I even don't know what should I do if this happend in my country.
I really appreciate your interest. Thank you.
She asked me if I don't know any details. I tried to google - that's why I found this phorum. Does anyone know when exactly this happened?
Swanns

Mountain Home, AR

#21 Aug 24, 2013
It is under OSHA investigation. Until that is complete, no details will be released. A local newscaster as promised to stay on top of the story. Will keep you posted, Marek, if we hear or see anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Willie Kimble 3 hr thats right 8
Sharing pics 9 hr Haha 2
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 10 hr Resident 38,734
Freak of Nature in Pocahontas 20 hr Calvary Chapel pe... 59
News JPD swears in new officers Aug 13 people are odd 3
Who is she Aug 13 Hopefully 1
Lazy peeps in pokey Aug 13 curious 14

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance