First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stevie

Mountain Home, AR

#22 Jul 13, 2013
Your stupidity is overwhelming! Tyson doesn't have any chicken houses in our area and that is not who is going to build this plant. Just because one company has issues, doesn't mean a whole industry does. Peco runs an excellent operation in Batesville, pays well, provides benefits, and doesn't hire illegals. You are just trying to keep the local people poor and jobless. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!
mennonitesbuilt4more wrote:
<quoted text> Yes these sleaze ball chicken plants do have a history of destroying the rivers and ground water supplies.
But that's alright because they do hire those illegal aliens and pay slave wages.
Read this and weep.
During the past decade, Tyson has been involved in several lawsuits related to air and water pollution. In June 2003, the company admitted to illegally dumping untreated wastewater from its poultry processing plant near Sedalia, Missouri, pleading guilty to 20 felony violations of the federal Clean Water Act. As part of the plea agreement, the company agreed to pay $7.5 million in fines, hire an outside consultant to perform an environmental audit, and institute an "enhanced environmental management system" at the Sedalia plant. At the same time, Tyson also settled a case filed by the Missouri attorney general's office related to the same illegal dumping.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency began the investigation into the discharges in 1997, and federal officials served two criminal search warrants at the plant in 1999. According to EPA and U.S. Department of Justice officials, Tyson continued to illegally dump wastewater after the search warrants were executed, prompting an EPA senior trial attorney to remark that: "Having done this work for nearly 20 years, I don't recall any case where violations continued after the execution of two search warrants. That's stunning." Under the federal and state plea agreements, Tyson agreed to pay $5.5 million to the federal government,$1 million to the Pettis County School Fund and $1 million to the Missouri Natural Resources Protection Fund to help remedy the damage.
In 2002, three residents of Western Kentucky, together with the Sierra Club, filed a lawsuit concerning the discharge of dangerous quantities of ammonia from Tyson's Western Kentucky factories. Tyson settled the suit in January 2005, agreeing to spend $500,000 to mitigate and monitor the ammonia levels.
In 2004, Tyson was one of six poultry companies to pay a $7.3 million settlement fee to the city of Tulsa, Oklahoma, to settle charges that the use of chicken waste as fertilizer had created phosphorus pollution in Tulsa's main drinking water sources.
Curmudgeon

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#24 Jul 13, 2013
I would endorse a dam on the eleven point. Thats probably about the only viable thing that could bring prosperity to the region. Of course the remaining land I still own in randolph county would all be flooded. however with a goverment buy out I wouldnt owe any capital gains income tax on the profit.I wish they would have built the dam in 1962.
SET UP ANOTHER METH HOUSE

Bexar, AR

#25 Jul 14, 2013
Curmudgeon wrote:
I would endorse a dam on the eleven point. Thats probably about the only viable thing that could bring prosperity to the region. Of course the remaining land I still own in randolph county would all be flooded. however with a goverment buy out I wouldnt owe any capital gains income tax on the profit.I wish they would have built the dam in 1962.
what do you mean capital gains?
If the government takes your land you will get about 10 cents on the dollar for what it is worth.
Besides that it is in randolph county which is controlled by the likes of Baltz and Botard.
Nope

Calico Rock, AR

#26 Jul 14, 2013
When the government takes land you get exactly what it is worth. Of course this doesn't include sentimental value. I have had some land bought by the state twice and was always very pleased with the price I received. Better than I could have gotten had I sold i met likely.
SET UP ANOTHER METH HOUSE wrote:
<quoted text> what do you mean capital gains?
If the government takes your land you will get about 10 cents on the dollar for what it is worth.
Besides that it is in randolph county which is controlled by the likes of Baltz and Botard.
Peco and Baltz

United States

#27 Sep 9, 2013
Taking to corning
for the record

Mountain Home, AR

#28 Sep 15, 2013
Environmental destruction wrote:
<quoted text> figure this those big new broiler house that are in easy walking distance to the Eleven Point river are going to destroy that river. All the manure produced is going to be spread near the river.
Those Mennonites involved in this don't care about what harm they will be doing, just the $$ they can spend on those Black cars they drive.
Most new jobs that might be created with a Chicken Plant will go to illegals or imported Marshall Islanders and just turning this area into another little Mexico.
It is time to complain to the USA EPA about this mess before it gets worse.
I would much rather have a bunch of chicken houses around me than meth houses. What is wrong with you people. Mennonites are the best neighbors we have had in a long time.
what-

United States

#29 Mar 2, 2014
Jobs come first wrote:
Who cares about the 11 point. It is a river that a few people with cabins along it think they own! We should have put a dam on it years ago!!!
<quoted text>

That comment is very ignorant.
what-

United States

#30 Mar 2, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:

You have obviously never sat on the banks of eleven point and observed the overwhelming beauty of that river. There are eagles, otters, beavers, osprey, fish turtles and more that depend on the river. Tourists come in and trash a pace. This is an absolute nightmare. Very, very sad... we all need to fight for eleven point before its too late.
move back

United States

#31 Mar 2, 2014
what- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have obviously never sat on the banks of eleven point and observed the overwhelming beauty of that river. There are eagles, otters, beavers, osprey, fish turtles and more that depend on the river. Tourists come in and trash a pace. This is an absolute nightmare. Very, very sad... we all need to fight for eleven point before its too late.
I know exactly what you are saying and I agree with you 100 %. People don't realize what they have until they no longer have it. Arkansas is a treasure of natural beauty and most of it is free or low cost in comparison to more developed areas and that's what I always loved about country towns and people.
what-

United States

#32 Mar 3, 2014
move back wrote:
<quoted text>
I know exactly what you are saying and I agree with you 100 %. People don't realize what they have until they no longer have it. Arkansas is a treasure of natural beauty and most of it is free or low cost in comparison to more developed areas and that's what I always loved about country towns and people.
Yes. This is devestating. They someday will look around and say what have we done..
PETITION- TAKE ACTION

United States

#33 Mar 3, 2014
ACTION ALERT
Putrid Poultry
Poultry is already the most deadly source of food borne illness. And working in a slaughterhouse is already the most dangerous job in America, according to some reports.So what is the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) latest plan to protect consumers and workers? It wants to privatize poultry inspection, putting companies in charge of their own inspections. And then increase the slaughtering line speed. In other words, the USDA's new "Filthy Chicken Rule" will put both consumers and factory farm workers at greater risk.According to a recent Consumer Reports survey of factory-farm chicken, the state of America's poultry, even at the current rate of government inspection, is grim: "More than half of the samples contained fecal contaminants. And about half of them harbored at least one bacterium that was resistant to three or more commonly prescribed antibiotics."And now our poultry is about to become even more putrid. Unless we can convince the USDA to rescind what Food & Water Watch has dubbed the "Filthy Chicken Rule.
"TAKE ACTION: Ask the USDA to Rescind its 'Filthy Chicken Rule"  
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#34 Mar 5, 2014
what- wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet I have spent more time recreating in the 11 point than most people . I actually owned acreage on the river and grazed livestock on it. Its really to cold to be really enjoyable to swim. When it overflowed it washed out my fences and deposited silt, trees bedris and trash in my field. Its a very hard river to fish. The access is limited. Yep go out HWY 90 and drive down under the bridge and look at the river. that place is a eyesore garbage & graffiti. and forget about trying to launch a boat there. No animals that you listed entirely depend on the river. If it was dammed up and made into a lake the same animals would benefit.
PETITION- TAKE ACTION

United States

#35 Mar 6, 2014
curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> I bet I have spent more time recreating in the 11 point than most people . I actually owned acreage on the river and grazed livestock on it. Its really to cold to be really enjoyable to swim. When it overflowed it washed out my fences and deposited silt, trees bedris and trash in my field. Its a very hard river to fish. The access is limited. Yep go out HWY 90 and drive down under the bridge and look at the river. that place is a eyesore garbage & graffiti. and forget about trying to launch a boat there. No animals that you listed entirely depend on the river. If it was dammed up and made into a lake the same animals would benefit.
I have a house on eleven point. It has been flooded 3 times. Its a mess when it floods. We clean it and carry on. It is the longest running cold river in the states. The river was there long before. You or any of your kind supplying people and snimals with clean water and food. It is wild, not meant to be controlled by man. That is something to consider when havin g property on its banks. You and your "ownership" of property there is very short in comparison to the life of tjat river. I lived in mtn home growing up and was on the lake half of my time there im sure. In the summer it wld turn into a warm bath and a cesspool of bacteria. They have problems every summer with bacteria ..e. coli and others. We wld go to white river to swim in mid summer because the lake wasnt refreshing. Theres no way a lake wld go over anyway---- what r they gonna do w the chicken houses??? If they stay there they will feed the water w bacteria all the same.

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#36 Mar 6, 2014
Stevie wrote:
Your stupidity is overwhelming! Tyson doesn't have any chicken houses in our area and that is not who is going to build this plant. Just because one company has issues, doesn't mean a whole industry does. Peco runs an excellent operation in Batesville, pays well, provides benefits, and doesn't hire illegals. You are just trying to keep the local people poor and jobless. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!!
<quoted text>
Tyson does have chicken houses in this area!
curmudgeon

Mountain Home, AR

#37 Mar 7, 2014
PETITION- TAKE ACTION wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a house on eleven point. It has been flooded 3 times. Its a mess when it floods. We clean it and carry on. It is the longest running cold river in the states. The river was there long before. You or any of your kind supplying people and snimals with clean water and food. It is wild, not meant to be controlled by man. That is something to consider when havin g property on its banks. You and your "ownership" of property there is very short in comparison to the life of tjat river. I lived in mtn home growing up and was on the lake half of my time there im sure. In the summer it wld turn into a warm bath and a cesspool of bacteria. They have problems every summer with bacteria ..e. coli and others. We wld go to white river to swim in mid summer because the lake wasnt refreshing. Theres no way a lake wld go over anyway---- what r they gonna do w the chicken houses??? If they stay there they will feed the water w bacteria all the same.
Just you wait when the pollution from the chicken growing gets done you will have more bacteria than lake northfork ever will. Good grief the algae is already increasing. I got some kind of swimmers ear infection from swimming in the 11 point way back in the early sixties. The 11 point is downstream of lots of pollution already. It starts just north of willow springs mo. and every watershed & catchment basin in the region flows into it. Sewer treatment plants home septic systems run off from cattle & hog growing operations. After the big floods it had a large number of dead rotting cattle and other animals in it. Only a dumb dumb would want a cabin on the eleven point overflow. I simply pulled a camper trailer or motor home to our land. Took it back home when we where done and never had to worry about floods vandalism ect. Im a realist I know a lake will never be built. I also know the 11 point isn't a pristine river full of pure water. I also know the more people & more chicken growing the worse the quality of life will become. I so happy I moved away. now If I can just sell my remaining Randolph county acreage.
Julie

Salem, AR

#39 Jan 18, 2015
Does anyone know the name of the company that is building the Chicken Plant in a Batesville AR??
Concerned citizen

United States

#40 Jan 18, 2015
Peco and Baltz wrote:
Taking to corning
Truth about peco? They will build apartments across from the plant and a store with Mexican goods. They will hire alli grant workers and they will bring in all. Of their non workimg family when they come here to sling drugs. They will pay no taxes and everything will be out of city limits except for the smell. I hear they are gonna have a restaurant and a gas station for the truckers and you as a city will see nothing because the migrant workers send all their money back home to mexico. The owners of these chicken houses will soon find out they really work for peco as they dictate everything
Fo Show

Peel, AR

#41 Jan 22, 2015
Curmudgeon wrote:
Im glad I moved away from randolph county. There are chicken houses all over the eleven point river watershed. And the litter from them is mainly spread in the hill,s. Ive seen the litter from those houses on Hwy 93 being hauled away on the highway by a john deer tractor pulling a big humongious field spreader. You know it was being spread someplace close. The chester family piled up big stinky piles of litter and let it sit for weeks before spreading it on their parnent,s home place and the 11 point border,s that entire farm. In addition to the houses on 93 owned by the mennonites the are some near Dalton within sight of the river. Probably are lot more chicken houses you cannott see from the highway.Swim and eat fish from the 11 point river? I think not!
Is that the family of Chester the Molester Fame?

Mountain Home, AR

#42 Jan 22, 2015
Concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth about peco? They will build apartments across from the plant and a store with Mexican goods. They will hire alli grant workers and they will bring in all. Of their non workimg family when they come here to sling drugs. They will pay no taxes and everything will be out of city limits except for the smell. I hear they are gonna have a restaurant and a gas station for the truckers and you as a city will see nothing because the migrant workers send all their money back home to mexico. The owners of these chicken houses will soon find out they really work for peco as they dictate everything
And that folks is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, however most are too dumb to see it and welcome a new "border Town" to this area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peco worker 18 min Curious 3
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 1 hr Now_What- 36,051
The police 1 hr Lamb I am 24
U.S. Capital in Florida 4 hr bathhouse barry 10
name that tune 13 hr guest 1
Poll should I let my 14 year old daughter shave her ... (Jun '10) 16 hr Mom of 4 girls 56
It's ok Darrah because Seth cheats too Mon idiot hater 2

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages