5 rivers medical center
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Making Tracks

Bexar, AR

#62 Mar 18, 2014
LOL EVEN INSURANCE COMPANIES AND EMPLOYERS READ ALL THESE SITES.
Know it All

Mountain Home, AR

#63 Mar 20, 2014
GUEST wrote:
<quoted text> The main reason it was voted down because it would be county own, that's a bad idea any way. also WWMC is building a emergency room at the no cost to the people. on the idea to let it shut down remember that when your love one has a heart attack or allergic reaction and it takes a extra hour to get to the hospital. I lived in sharp county and saw a good friends mother died because it took and extra 40 minutes to get to the hospital in Salem. Trust me you might not like things at the hospital here, but you will like it less if they were not here.
I fail to see the down side? everyone eventually dies. So your good friends mother died. that might be a blessing. if she had made it to a hospital then there would be exorbant bills and she still would likely have died. the extra hour put a end to her being a parasite oxygen thieving burden on others. Let it close. if you are sickly move to someplace else. don't expect me to willingly be taxed to pay for the luxury of having a hospital nearby.

Bexar, AR

#64 Mar 20, 2014
Its a drain of taxpayer money, shut it down. The big shots were back begging for money at the trough again.
Making Tracks

Bexar, AR

#65 Mar 22, 2014
What's gonna happen next month when there is not any more money to pull out of other projects?
really

Cherokee Village, AR

#66 Mar 22, 2014
If your not happy with our hospital then go somewhere else. Every place has good things and bad.

Jonesboro, AR

#67 Apr 16, 2014
Five Rivers will be ok. They are now suing people for any unpaid debt.
hmm

Mount Pleasant, AR

#68 Apr 16, 2014
I'm glad they have decided to try and collect it. This is a move to the positive!
sad

Mountain Home, AR

#69 May 20, 2014
This hospital needs to get the doctors back from the clinic to work at the hospital. At least then it would save the extra expense of the hospitalist and the Doctors would have a reason to support the hospital which they do not NOW!! Seems it would save and make more money for the hospital.

United States

#70 May 21, 2014
Guest wrote:
Five Rivers will be ok. They are now suing people for any unpaid debt.
thats all good except for misdiagnosis that people got from the Facility. You may end up paying them money you don't have. Lol
Nurse

United States

#71 May 21, 2014
sad wrote:
This hospital needs to get the doctors back from the clinic to work at the hospital. At least then it would save the extra expense of the hospitalist and the Doctors would have a reason to support the hospital which they do not NOW!! Seems it would save and make more money for the hospital.
How do the docs "not support" FRMC now? Where will they find time to make hospital rounds, see patients in their office and take care of the other 50 million things that need to be done in one day?
the girl

Jonesboro, AR

#72 May 21, 2014
They can manage to see patients over at the hospital like specialty doctors do at every other facility. Both hospitals in jonesboro have drs to round, do procedures, run a clinic and have a million other things to do....all in the same day.

Bexar, AR

#73 May 22, 2014
The doctors lose money by going over to the hospital. The time they spend at the hospital they could see 5 times as many patients at their office, plus the hospital doesn't try to collect their money. Unless doctors have some special arrangement with the IRS they can't deduct non paying debt without making legal efforts to collect it first.
Some people are deadbeats and don't work so they run to the hospital like he rest of us go to the bathroom, the system has trained them to suck of the system and never accept their debt. Others go the the hospital and get terrible treatment and have to spend more money going to a real hospital and they refuse to pay this hospital.

Jonesboro, AR

#74 May 22, 2014
guest wrote:
I not so sure about the air-evac calls.... I don't have access to the stats or rules but isn't there a protocol for calling air-evac? If what you say is true, why would the local ems people call so many airevac runs? Wouldn't it be in the ems best interest to make the haul? Do you think there is something going on that we should know? For example, does ems make more money on haul to jonesboro? Does ground ems get paid when they call for air? Do they have something against local hospital? just asking.
What people don't know is that with trauma patients EMS does not decided where the pt goes. They have to call the state, Trauma Com, to see where your pt can go. Again your government will decide if the ambulance goes to FRMC, SBRMC, or The Med in Memphis. ect.. They want air called on STEMI pt's and trauma if they meet certain criteria. Its called Change! EMS has changed so much over the years that now the pt goes to the most appropriate facility. Time is life. The quicker a pt can get to that facility and get into surgery the better.
the girl

Jonesboro, AR

#75 May 23, 2014
The doctors seeing patients at the hospital just isn't about making money. Pocahontas is a small town. Physicians in a clinic know their patients better than anyone else. I'd rather have my dr come see me there then someone who doesn't know me have to learn me and my situation more than you think. Plus physicians bill for seeing patients so yes patients can be held accountable for their bills.
good and bad

Shreveport, LA

#76 May 23, 2014
Guest wrote:
The doctors lose money by going over to the hospital. The time they spend at the hospital they could see 5 times as many patients at their office, plus the hospital doesn't try to collect their money. Unless doctors have some special arrangement with the IRS they can't deduct non paying debt without making legal efforts to collect it first.
Some people are deadbeats and don't work so they run to the hospital like he rest of us go to the bathroom, the system has trained them to suck of the system and never accept their debt. Others go the the hospital and get terrible treatment and have to spend more money going to a real hospital and they refuse to pay this hospital.
Why do you say "plus the hospital doesn't try to collect their ( the doctors) money? The hospital isn't responsible for collecting for the doctors. Doctors have their own billing departments. I agree doctors make more money in their clinic visits ( probably). But also when a doctor has a patient in the hospital and makes rounds on the patient then the doctor is on call at night if that patient has any needs. By having a hospitalist see the patients the doctor is not on call for patients at night. Doctors get phone calls for home health patients, nursing home patients even without getting calls about hospital patients. Being a doctor requires a total family commitment not just the doctor. So many people talk or type about things that they really don't know the real story. Being in the medical field involves so many things.
good and bad

Shreveport, LA

#77 May 23, 2014
sad wrote:

The hospital might save money if the doctors at the clinic worked more at the hospital. BUT the hospital can't make the doctors do something they don't want to do. In this day and time doctors have more choices than ever and the life style most family doctors want isn't to work in the clinic all day, make rounds at the hospital and then be on call all night for hospitalized patients. Things change and hospitals being staffed by doctors that do not have clinic practice is one of the changes. There are advantages to have a doctor in the hospital all day. As lab or xray reports are completed the doctor is there to make changes to the patients orders. Where when the family doctor admitted the patient to the hospital lab/ xray was addressed in the morning before clinic rounds and in the evening after the clinic closes. It is much more timely medicine. Hospitals can't MAKE doctors do anything.
There are all kinds of rules, regulations, state and federal laws about what hospitals can do for doctors to encourage them to support the hospital. People go to jail for stepping out of the lines trying to "make" doctors support the hospital. Health care is a complicated business.
Nurse

United States

#78 May 24, 2014
the girl wrote:
The doctors seeing patients at the hospital just isn't about making money. Pocahontas is a small town. Physicians in a clinic know their patients better than anyone else. I'd rather have my dr come see me there then someone who doesn't know me have to learn me and my situation more than you think. Plus physicians bill for seeing patients so yes patients can be held accountable for their bills.
Yes it would be nice to have your own PCP take care of you during your hospital stay but that is no longer feasible. During a clinic day your PCP is dealing with the patients that are being seen that day. Clinic starts at 8 AM. So that means that your PCP will have to be at FRMC around 6:30 depending on the number and complexity of the patients. Try to make rounds and get to clinic by the start of their first patient. See between 10-16 pt's that morning and hopefully not have FRMC call during the morning to slow progress. Your PCP then may have to go back to check on a critical pt. during lunch and may not be able to eat. That afternoon the same senerio. After clinic work and catching up on messages from EVERYWHERE then they go back to FRMC to make sure all is well before they go home to their families. Throughout the night I'm sure they will get calls from FRMC and maybe nursing homes. Is that what you want your PCP to go through day in and day out? Just remember, you may be the patient that can't see their PCP because they are busy with hospital patients! Or your office visit that you may have paid for gets cut really short because of a hospital emergency!! Sounds ideal.
the girl

Jonesboro, AR

#79 May 24, 2014
Nurse wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it would be nice to have your own PCP take care of you during your hospital stay but that is no longer feasible. During a clinic day your PCP is dealing with the patients that are being seen that day. Clinic starts at 8 AM. So that means that your PCP will have to be at FRMC around 6:30 depending on the number and complexity of the patients. Try to make rounds and get to clinic by the start of their first patient. See between 10-16 pt's that morning and hopefully not have FRMC call during the morning to slow progress. Your PCP then may have to go back to check on a critical pt. during lunch and may not be able to eat. That afternoon the same senerio. After clinic work and catching up on messages from EVERYWHERE then they go back to FRMC to make sure all is well before they go home to their families. Throughout the night I'm sure they will get calls from FRMC and maybe nursing homes. Is that what you want your PCP to go through day in and day out? Just remember, you may be the patient that can't see their PCP because they are busy with hospital patients! Or your office visit that you may have paid for gets cut really short because of a hospital emergency!! Sounds ideal.
See it happen just like that every single day. See clinic patients all day, procedures in hospital, admit/discharge/tend to patients in hospital, call patients...whatever. I'm not saying that the drs need to work like dogs, but I'm saying that clinic physicians can do those things and it happens everyday.
just maybe...

Mountain Home, AR

#80 May 26, 2014
Maybe the hospital should open its own family clinic. The doctors of a FRMC "doctors office" could support the needs of people at a clinic and hospital level... This expands services and allows people to choose a doctor that will be there to take care of them if they are admitted to the hospital.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#81 May 26, 2014
[QUOTE who="just maybe..."]Maybe the hospital should open its own family clinic. The doctors of a FRMC "doctors office" could support the needs of people at a clinic and hospital level... This expands services and allows people to choose a doctor that will be there to take care of them if they are admitted to the hospital.[/QUOTE]

Now that's the best idea I have heard on this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many workers has PECO gone thru already ? 24 min Dirt sandwich 45
Dairy Queen 38 min Guest 5
Russian interference 43 min Guest 8
Our money 2 hr Just me 10
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 3 hr SSOB 42,118
Masiongale 4 hr Just Me 12
Jessicas' Consignment 14 hr Guest 6

Pocahontas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance