5 rivers medical center
nurse

Jonesboro, AR

#21 Mar 3, 2014
That place is just so screwed up. It's not just the current leaders. The past "leaders" are pretty impressive as well.
Just Sayin

Calico Rock, AR

#22 Mar 5, 2014
A financial audit would be a very interesting read.

Oklahoma City, OK

#23 Mar 5, 2014
it's always someone else's fault
fact or myth

Shreveport, LA

#24 Mar 5, 2014
Guest wrote:
This hospital has NEVER been ran right and probably never be. If ran right there is no way it could it should lose money. This is a welfare and medicare haven and the government does pay. They have made many a bad choice in who is hired to run it. I have a question, if this is such a good hospital why is everyone involved in ANY accident air lifted to real treatment centers? A person has a better chance of dying in our hospital than being stranded in a desert, it is just a Band-Aid station that is poorly ran and costing taxpayers money. And yes I have been in the hospital and would feel safer letting a Vet. treat me.
Guest needs to study about how "welfare" Medicaid and Medicare pays hospital bills. Medicare pays by DRG = diagnosis related groups. If a 3 patients are admitted 1 with bronchitis, 1 with pneumonia & 1 with asthma and they are all Medicare patients.. Then Medicare pay the hospital the same amount to treat all three of these illness Typically it would take more medicine and more days in the hospital to treat pneumonia than the other 2 illnesses. Yet the payment is the same. And rarely is the payment enough to cover all the cost of the hospital stay. Thinking Medicare and Medicaid is a haven is NOT reality in most situations. Medicaid pays a set amount of money per day and usually will only pay for 4 days in the hospital. Anything above that the hospital is expected to "right off" or commonly known as a contractual agreement between the hospital and Medicaid . If you have issues with the quality of care given that is different issue than thinking Five Rivers or any other hospital is making a bundle off the government insurance plans. Issues of care should be brought to administration or hospital board members attention.
nurse

United States

#25 Mar 6, 2014
I don't think it's any one person. I think as a whole the place needs some major improvement. When the people who lead a hospital don't have employees or patients at the top of the priority list then things don't work....especially when it's repetitive. Past leaders made huge mistakes and current leaders are as well. But no one is concerned because they can blame someone else, anyone else. Go figure.
survey

Jonesboro, AR

#26 Mar 6, 2014
If the board or city council really cared, they need to survey everyone there anonymously.....use "surveymonkey" and ask tough questions, and leave space for comments. The employees obviously care a LOT about the hospital---it is their source of income! So they probably have some good ideas of how to fix it/where the cuts can be made. Just talking to the admin will only fill your ears full of self-serving information or what you want to hear....nothing practical.
And ACTING on the results you find from the survey would be the next move!
suggestions

Shreveport, LA

#27 Mar 6, 2014
nurse wrote:
I don't think it's any one person. I think as a whole the place needs some major improvement. When the people who lead a hospital don't have employees or patients at the top of the priority list then things don't work....especially when it's repetitive. Past leaders made huge mistakes and current leaders are as well. But no one is concerned because they can blame someone else, anyone else. Go figure.
Nurse, sounds like you have been employed there for a while. What huge mistakes have been made in the past and repeated in the present? Those kinds of things need to be brought to the attention of the board and maybe even the administration. Because if they keep doing what they have been doing they will keep getting the same results. So if it is the same mistakes made then someone needs to speak up and tell someone that can learn from past mistakes. I hope things improve. But it will require the people of the county to use the hospital services. No business can be sustained without customers.
suggestions

Shreveport, LA

#28 Mar 6, 2014
survey wrote:
If the board or city council really cared, they need to survey everyone there anonymously.....use "surveymonkey" and ask tough questions, and leave space for comments. The employees obviously care a LOT about the hospital---it is their source of income! So they probably have some good ideas of how to fix it/where the cuts can be made. Just talking to the admin will only fill your ears full of self-serving information or what you want to hear....nothing practical.
And ACTING on the results you find from the survey would be the next move!
The employees obviously care a lot about the hospital because they are still there working! Their pay has been reduced, their hours worked has been reduced and now lot of other benefits have been reduced. So yes it is their source of income but more importantly it is THEIR hospital. They want to be there- they want to work and take care of family and friends when they are ill. They are dedicated to taking care of FRMC patients. A survey would give the hospital board / city council some insight......maybe someone should ask for the survey. Doubt that any of them are reading topix for the suggestion.
sad

Shreveport, LA

#29 Mar 6, 2014
Guest wrote:
This hospital has NEVER been ran right and probably never be. If ran right there is no way it could it should lose money. This is a welfare and medicare haven and the government does pay. They have made many a bad choice in who is hired to run it. I have a question, if this is such a good hospital why is everyone involved in ANY accident air lifted to real treatment centers? A person has a better chance of dying in our hospital than being stranded in a desert, it is just a Band-Aid station that is poorly ran and costing taxpayers money. And yes I have been in the hospital and would feel safer letting a Vet. treat me.

NEVER is an awfully long time. The hospital has been managed by the county, several for profit corporations and now the city. There has been probably 50 different CEOs since the hospital was built in 1950 something, 25 different CNO, and equally as many CFOs. Seems like one of those management or owners should have done a decent job of running the hospital. Sad that you think NEVER........Without support and suggestions things will never get better.
Barrack

Buffalo, NY

#30 Mar 7, 2014
The reason why healthcare is as screwed up as it is in America is because if the government and insurance agencies. If they were out of the equation you could just walk in to a Doctors office , receive treatment, pay your bill and leave. However we have to pay so many people who do no real work at all and treat so many people who pay nothing what so ever that the costs are skyrocket to become prohibitive.

Healthcare is a racket run by insurance companies , perpetuated by politician who use the entitlement to buy votes from the unworthy, ungrateful SOB's who want to malinger through life at societies expense. The entire system needs to be taken down.
Just Sayin

Mountain Home, AR

#31 Mar 7, 2014
And the point of this comment?...
It is a Hospital...
It gets Federal moneys...State moneys AKA...Grants...Medicare...Medi caid...and there are a lot of..."taxes" on the town of Pocahontas.....
Wow

Jonesboro, AR

#32 Mar 7, 2014
Just Sayin, very good point, where is all that money going? It is going to Jonesboro because all the doctors that are in this town no longer work at this hospital. AirVac is called on every accident, so how can this hospital survive. Everyone is right, we need to hear from the people who are working there and let them tell us what is really going on.
saying

Jonesboro, AR

#33 Mar 7, 2014
Will the Hispanics hired by Peco have Obama care ? If they do, should be almost enough to support Five Rivers Hospital.
saying

Jonesboro, AR

#34 Mar 7, 2014
I predict Shannon Twp. will become Shannon barrio with the completion of peco in Randoph county,, May as well prepare for the problems facing the county.
prickem

El Dorado, AR

#35 Mar 7, 2014
What you get for having Obama as President
Concerned

Calico Rock, AR

#36 Mar 7, 2014
I know a family that went to the ER and the nurses were rude to them. Saw only One of them.(They had the same sickness) Sent them back out front. Made them set there (throwing up hard), until dr. offices were open, gave them an appt and sent them to that dr. Then turned around and charged all of them for the triage, ER visit, room and Dr.

Problem is no one there wants to work, they do not enjoy their job and because of this they are rude to the people and then no one wants to even go there. To much good ole boys. It needs a complete house cleaning
bert

Bexar, AR

#37 Mar 7, 2014
Concerned wrote:
I know a family that went to the ER and the nurses were rude to them. Saw only One of them.(They had the same sickness) Sent them back out front. Made them set there (throwing up hard), until dr. offices were open, gave them an appt and sent them to that dr. Then turned around and charged all of them for the triage, ER visit, room and Dr.
Problem is no one there wants to work, they do not enjoy their job and because of this they are rude to the people and then no one wants to even go there. To much good ole boys. It needs a complete house cleaning
why would anyone go to ER for throwing up? it is not an emergency
nurse

United States

#38 Mar 9, 2014
I don't work there...now. I got out while the getting was good. I just know things haven't been ran properly there in years. A new CEO and CFO aren't going to change things. The CNO is still there and everything goes through her too. And as soon as this CEO walks in the door it was hey let's get rid of nurses AND the blame game started. No one would own up to the fact they they knew what had been going on for years...everyone was like oh my gosh we've been deceived. Remember CNO, CFO, and CEO all stick together. But what's sad is someone who knows nothing about the hospital or community walks in and all of a sudden people are laid off... No I wasn't one laid off, I'm just making a point. So much money has been spent on things there that aren't to better patients experience but to possibly generate some money and keep people happy. It's all a big game. Just hope your on the winning team.

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#39 Mar 10, 2014
Wow wrote:
Just Sayin, very good point, where is all that money going? It is going to Jonesboro because all the doctors that are in this town no longer work at this hospital. AirVac is called on every accident, so how can this hospital survive. Everyone is right, we need to hear from the people who are working there and let them tell us what is really going on.
This has been one of my concerns also, Air/Vac is called to every wreck, even before EMT arrives to check the people out. I mean if cost a fortune to run a helicopter and most times the people airlifted are back home the next day. No one is interested in saving money its just blow and go. Its getting to where they call Air/Vac for all calls, I mean do we have a hospital here or not? As far as Medicare not paying anything I call BS on that, a older person I knew had a 3 week stay in a hospital and it paid over 150,000. at 80%. that is 50 grand a week, if a hospital can't work with that then they should close.
Another posted said small doctor offices were the way to go, that might be right. A doctor can see 3 to 4 people an hour at near 100.00 per visit, that should cover their overhead. One problem is the billing system, they make more than the doctor doing the work.

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#40 Mar 10, 2014
Barrack wrote:
The reason why healthcare is as screwed up as it is in America is because if the government and insurance agencies. If they were out of the equation you could just walk in to a Doctors office , receive treatment, pay your bill and leave. However we have to pay so many people who do no real work at all and treat so many people who pay nothing what so ever that the costs are skyrocket to become prohibitive.
Healthcare is a racket run by insurance companies , perpetuated by politician who use the entitlement to buy votes from the unworthy, ungrateful SOB's who want to malinger through life at societies expense. The entire system needs to be taken down.
You just told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, sad part is it won't change.
Myself I don't qualify for government aid and my insurance would cost almost 700. per month with 6250.00 deductible each year. So I would be out apx 14,650 dollars before it would pay anything a year. Since I have to really sick or dying before I would go to a doctor I just will pay the fine each year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 6 min guest 43,331
T & J Contracting (May '14) 1 hr Guest 22
What's going on?? 14 hr I Wonder 2
Taco Casa 14 hr Momofboys 11
Celebrate Recovery Fri Pffft 6
Computer Repair (Sep '09) Fri No name needed 18
Carnival at Fairgrounds May 24 Concerned Public ... 3

Pocahontas Jobs

Personal Finance

Pocahontas Mortgages