First Prev
of 4
Next Last
scared

Ashburn, VA

#1 Feb 24, 2014
The people in this town need to wake up. Your hospital is about to close, and when that happens, you can say good bye to any hopes of economic growth. Your city officials have no idea what is going on there and they need to see the truth. I agree there needs to be cut backs, but not with the employees. Administration has not lost one cent in pay during the hospitals troubled times. The people running the place don't even have the educational background to justify their position. What is the CEO 's solution? Pay for their education. There is an area for a cut back. What about the apartment they are renting in town for$1500 a month? There's another cut back. Is it not also true the CEO andCFO just approved themselves a pay raise? Don't cut the people who actually take care of the patients. Start with the ones who got us in this mess to start with! If the city officials want to know the truth about your hospital, set up a town hall meeting. Come by and talk to the employees in person. Give them a chance to be heard. They are the people who see how it really is.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#2 Feb 24, 2014
We do need to keep our hospital. I do not think the Administration received a pay raise maybe % pay cut last year?

There was a public meeting Did the employees not know about it?

Maybe the meeting should have been at a better time where more people who are interested in knowing about our local hospital could have attended. This should be brought to the Mayor's attention .
scared

San Francisco, CA

#3 Feb 24, 2014
They did not know about it. The only information the employees get is from the newspaper just like everyone else. I still say the public officials need to visit the hospital. Let the employees in on what's going on. Most of them only hear what is made public. Is is so hard not knowing from day to day if you still have a job or not.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#4 Feb 24, 2014
I can tell you the hospital is in trouble.

The so called "Hospital Tax" that passed with 97% of the city voters was never for just the hospital. Would 97% of the voters have voted for it if they had read the ordinance? Right now.. If the hospital was receiving the full one cent they would still be in trouble.

I understand where you are coming from.

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#5 Feb 24, 2014
This hospital has NEVER been ran right and probably never be. If ran right there is no way it could it should lose money. This is a welfare and medicare haven and the government does pay. They have made many a bad choice in who is hired to run it. I have a question, if this is such a good hospital why is everyone involved in ANY accident air lifted to real treatment centers? A person has a better chance of dying in our hospital than being stranded in a desert, it is just a Band-Aid station that is poorly ran and costing taxpayers money. And yes I have been in the hospital and would feel safer letting a Vet. treat me.
scared

Jonesboro, AR

#6 Feb 24, 2014
Why won't the city officials bring in st. Bernard to manage the hospital? Or just sell it to them. I know they had interest in it before the CEO ran them off. Just like he did with the doctors from the clinic next door. If he can tell the newspapers that admissions are down, why can't he tell them that he broke ties with the very doctors that admit patients to the hospital. The main problem with the hospital is the administration.
john

West Fork, AR

#7 Feb 24, 2014
Shut it down
keep the beeners out

Norman, OK

#8 Feb 24, 2014
Tim owns the thing, why not ask him?
lol

Jonesboro, AR

#9 Feb 24, 2014
That place is a joke. Randolph Countians could fill a book with stories of maltreatment from that place. My family alone would need our own chapter. The "emergency" room sent me home with a back that was broken in two places, a broken tailbone, and hips that were misaligned. First of all, I had to wait HOURS for pain medicine,(guess they had to make sure i wasn't "faking"), the only thing the "dr." found was one of the back fractures. He sent me home. Needless to say, I went to St. Bernards the next day and the doctors there were flabbergasted that I was ever sent home. They told me that any movement I made could have paralyzed me indefinitely and I spent a little over a month in the hospital there.

Horseshoe Bend, AR

#10 Feb 24, 2014
Same here, went there after a bad fall, they said just a sprain put ice on it. I went to Jonesboro and a REAL doctor found TWO broken bones and required surgery. I wouldn't take a sick dog there. Why should the taxpayers support it? Close the joint down, hell Poky can't run a single business right why would people think they could run a hospital?
john

West Fork, AR

#11 Feb 24, 2014
scared wrote:
The people in this town need to wake up. Your hospital is about to close, and when that happens, you can say good bye to any hopes of economic growth. Your city officials have no idea what is going on there and they need to see the truth. I agree there needs to be cut backs, but not with the employees. Administration has not lost one cent in pay during the hospitals troubled times. The people running the place don't even have the educational background to justify their position. What is the CEO 's solution? Pay for their education. There is an area for a cut back. What about the apartment they are renting in town for$1500 a month? There's another cut back. Is it not also true the CEO andCFO just approved themselves a pay raise? Don't cut the people who actually take care of the patients. Start with the ones who got us in this mess to start with! If the city officials want to know the truth about your hospital, set up a town hall meeting. Come by and talk to the employees in person. Give them a chance to be heard. They are the people who see how it really is.
what economic growth?
The pool will be good for teen age wages.
I heard waterloo is coming back
and walmarts is gonna build 2 new stores
HARRY

Ash Flat, AR

#12 Feb 24, 2014
scared wrote:
THE WASTE IS ON THE TOP END. ALSO ALL OFFICES SHOULD BE IN THE HOSPITAL,
NOT SCATTERED ELSEWHERE PAYING HIGH RENT. DON'T KNOW ABOUT AN APARTMENT, BUT NO WAY SHOULD HOSPITAL BE PAYING THAT KIND OF RENT
FOR THE CEO.

Norman, OK

#13 Feb 24, 2014
hey, didn't the city council have to settle out of court because they were sued by the hospital management firm that was supposedly "mismanaging" the hospital? I believe the city had to cough up a fat sum for their mistake on that one. And I heard an outside attorney was hired... is that true? Could the city attorney not handle the job? LOL He saw the writing on the wall, didn't want the loss blamed on him, right? The city council apparently cannot manage this hospital, but they sure know how to stage an election to pick your pocket for a piss pool. And think about this, Tim Scott claims the hospital as one of his "accomplishments".

Norman, OK

#14 Feb 24, 2014
THINK about it. 15 to 20 million in taxes over the next two decades collected for pool, while the hospital wallows in agony.
Need it

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Feb 25, 2014
Will Peco still locate here if there is not a hospital? People need to stop bad mouthing their own town and businesses. We need to do everything possible to keep this hospital. And I would have to at least try a new CEO and others in management before closing it. Do some close auditing....

Ash Flat, AR

#16 Feb 25, 2014
They have a new plan, they intend to fill the new pool with healing water and all the sick folks can soak in it.
old man

El Dorado, AR

#17 Feb 25, 2014
This town is dead-pun intended- you need to come on down to Pine Bluff, Helena or Dermott where things are great.
Concerned

Maumelle, AR

#18 Mar 2, 2014
When is the city going to wake up. Why dont you start with the directors if you want the truth about what goes on at 5 rivers. They should know by now that no truth comes from the mouths of the three in administration. The board also helps hide the truth, you cant tell me that the president of the board doesn't know what is going on, come on people his wife works there. The hospital has been going down since the ceo walked into that place, what makes the board think that the cno or cfo can run it, when the three of them can't do it together. Just like their wound care center it should have been shut down long ago, but if that happens that puts the cfo's wife without a pay check.

Stillwater, OK

#19 Mar 2, 2014
are you implying that there is a problem with a director/board keeping the wife on the payroll? Hell, half this county can't marry each other already, what do you expect?

Little Rock, AR

#20 Mar 2, 2014
Truth is, NO small community can support an ER. As they cannot turn away anyone with a true medical problem , they end up eating those costs. And did you know that Medicare and Medicaid for NOT pay full price for services? Quite a bit less, as a matter of fact. So much so that you will frequently hear from doctor's offices that they aren't taking Mecicare/Medicaid patients "at this time.". They need to balance those patients against those with good-paying policies. The CEO and other administrative staff may have made mistakes, but these are facts no one can change. Getting rid of the catch lab helped, but maybe too late. Bringing in a good or tho doc was a really GOOD move though. They are fighting a losing battle, but you just can't point a finger at any one thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pocahontas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 22 min guest 29,805
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) 26 min guest 410
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) 27 min guest 221
AR Who do you support for Treasurer in Arkansas in... (Oct '10) 27 min guest 214
AR Who do you support for Commissioner of State La... (Oct '10) 27 min guest 264
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) 27 min guest 237
AR Arkansas Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 28 min guest 3,840
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Pocahontas People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE